Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone who hates Last Remnant either played the 360 version or has bad opinions, probably both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Who is hating on Last Remnant (PC version). Fight me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Last Remnant

Are we still posting the worst rpgs we beat?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Wait, they're making a Witch And Hundred And One Knight?

...well that won't be the title but work with me here

if they made everything about it not lovely and removed the mouse rape it might maybe be playable

I'm not sure who asked for a sequel or why it exists, but it's apparently a completely unrelated story aside from involving witches and the Hundred Knight.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i like the logic puzzle of figuring out who the traitor is in lost dimension, the only thing is that they just give you way, way too much time to do it. it's impossible to NOT know who the traitor is each time.
also they give you like 20 moves to invest in in each skill tree and maybe 3 of them are good for each character.
it would have been cool if all the traitor stuff was more polished and it was just a straight VN. or had puzzles like zero escape or something. it feels weird that the tactical rpg battles are even in the game

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What's so awful about Last Remnant?
I played it for like 10-15 hours and thought it was okay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 360 version was an unbalanced trashfire that ran at 15fps. The PC version was much improved so I dunno what people didn't like about it.
It was basically a SaGa game in all but name so I guess it doesn't explain itself very well.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The 360 version was bad, but the PC version fixed all the problems and it became a really good game. The only problem I had was that half the content is hidden unless you run around after every story beat and talk to everyone. It really requires a guide if you don’t want to miss tons of content, but that’s not really a biggie.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

As someone who has been playing Tales games on the hardest available difficulty as soon as possible starting with Graces, Berseria was the easiest one they've made. If you go older than Graces the harder difficulties are more keyed into you using them on new game plus rather than right away, and I think Abyss' harder difficulties just weren't balanced at all, since I've heard people at max level still doing 1 damage to some bosses or something dumb like that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also as far as Last Remnant is concerned, I think the game came out right around the time that MS started letting you install games on the 360, which supposedly fixed some of the problems it had. But there's no point in touching it over the PC version that you can probably get for less than $5 at this point.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The PC version of LR also includes a ton of great gameplay tweaks. It honestly makes the 360 version feel like a beta.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think TLR is the only SaGa game I've enjoyed.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think TLR is the only SaGa game I've enjoyed.

That and SaGa 2 DS, yeah.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think i would have liked saga 2 ds a lot more if the fan translation wasn't awful

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Berseria is a lot more difficult if you play as characters that aren't Velvet.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Berseria is a lot more difficult if you play as characters that aren't Velvet.
Mmm, not in my experience. I played the majority of it as various characters and the only things that could ever really kill you during normal play were those random invades if you were low level. Certainly nothing on the main quest. One not so infrequent exception:

If I chained multiple enemy trash packs together, I forget what exactly the bonuses were or what mechanics changed but I could get flattened fast if I fell asleep. Some of the side bosses could hit very hard too, especially the final ones.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

If you mess with the equipment stuff at all and get a bunch of BG you can just mystic arte chain pretty much everything to death, too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Mmm, not in my experience. I played the majority of it as various characters and the only things that could ever really kill you during normal play were those random invades if you were low level. Certainly nothing on the main quest. One not so infrequent exception:

If I chained multiple enemy trash packs together, I forget what exactly the bonuses were or what mechanics changed but I could get flattened fast if I fell asleep. Some of the side bosses could hit very hard too, especially the final ones.

You could only stack two packs together and it made you fight 3 packs worth of enemies and they were 10-15 levels higher than usual.

That killed me a couple of time too when I fell asleep and forgot to use a Mystic Arte after running out of souls.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chain battles with good bonuses own. See: TWEWY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

The 360 version was an unbalanced trashfire that ran at 15fps. The PC version was much improved so I dunno what people didn't like about it.
It was basically a SaGa game in all but name so I guess it doesn't explain itself very well.

Sakurazuka posted:

It was basically a SaGa game

I will agree that the PC version is much better, but it's still a bad game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

saga rules actually

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I get where you’re coming from but I found it a lot more approachable than your average SaGa game and a great deal easier. I’m not good at hard games that require system mastery, but I was able to beat even the most BS of the subquests and the hardest version of the last boss.

Not in one try, mind you, but still.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the only good thing about last remnant is the main antagonist being a WWE wrestler

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The only good thing about the last remnant is that it rules.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Let's kick some A!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
So many people don't even get to the cool stuff in the second half of the game too. They just reach the first big fight and quit the game!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Clearly I'm a crazy person since I got all achievements on the 360 version of Last Remnant and enjoyed it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

saga rules actually

saga rules if you like saga. if you don't like saga then it's a swamp of dysenteric diarrhea

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Clearly I'm a crazy person since I got all achievements on the 360 version of Last Remnant and enjoyed it.

actually, you are

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

They should revive the original Saga Frontier and put in all the cut content that was taken away

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
remake romancing saga 3 and give the destroyer's theme the final battle with saruin treatment

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Would totally settle for that too. Got hours of enjoyment out of that fan translation of 3 so seeing it with new bells and whistles would be great.

There was that Japan-only Imperial Saga game that had Alkaiser punch the egg from Saga Frontier 2 to death that I'd heard about too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wrong, idiot

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I think you'll find that SaGa is, in fact, cool and good

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
SaGa is like fermented shark meat. It's the ultimate acquired taste.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

Let's kick some A!

Yo Davey, that was ace!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Good job NISA

ys-viii-localization-fix-pc-version-delayed-early-2018: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/02/ys-viii-localization-fix-pc-version-delayed-early-2018/

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tae posted:

Good job NISA

ys-viii-localization-fix-pc-version-delayed-early-2018: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/02/ys-viii-localization-fix-pc-version-delayed-early-2018/

tbh there was no loving way they'd be able to improve the entire localization in two months so, this just kind of makes sense

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if someone at XSEED feels really goddamn smug right now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I was actually curious on how Durante was working on fixing YS8 when he's already on record saying he didn't have enough time to port Cold Steel 2 before the year ends. Now I know that NISA are just idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Tae posted:

Now I know that NISA are just idiots.

Oh, word?