Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
I was really hoping the boys were going to remember Finally is by CeCe Peniston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So we've got another 4 or 5 episodes to go for the year, but I just sat down and tried to make a top 10 list. I ended up with a top 16 list! It was actually a very good year.

459 First appearance of Chief
474 Big Chunky Bubbles
475 August Lindt, still great even if it does change his character
478 Orphan Black and Janice Cramps
484 Lord ALW
485 8th Anniversary
492 Womp it up
494 Jon Hamm and JW
495 Zouks and Holland
503 Just for Gemberling
507 Cameron and Rhea with Mike the Janitor and Gary Urbanski
510 Junius Bobbledoonary
511 Kroll and Jeffrey Characterwheaties
512 Slow Pesci
514 Bever Hopox and Chico Hands

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The best ep of the year was the return of Bob Ducca.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

The best ep of the year was the return of Bob Ducca.

This is a fact!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sticking the worst (The National) and the best (Jess McKenna) on the same episode just seems cruel.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Last year's Holiday ep was the best, especially when John Lennon gains a Chicago accent.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sticking the worst (The National) and the best (Jess McKenna) on the same episode just seems cruel.

The National were pretty rough... it did, however, lead to this incredible material from Scott:

"The Guardian says, 'the tension created by the hyper-musical brother duos, pacing the cage of what `rock band` means with increased vigour. It often adds up to a subtle, grown-up take that still leaves space for drama'. So, my question is, is it impossible to write about music?"

That got a very hearty laugh out of me.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

The National were pretty rough... it did, however, lead to this incredible material from Scott:

"The Guardian says, 'the tension created by the hyper-musical brother duos, pacing the cage of what `rock band` means with increased vigour. It often adds up to a subtle, grown-up take that still leaves space for drama'. So, my question is, is it impossible to write about music?"

That got a very hearty laugh out of me.

Yeah, that was an excellent joke.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Man say what you will about the I4H musical eps, at least the bands don't talk all that much.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I think the plugs in this ep is the only time, after like 15 years of being a fan, I ever heard Brendon Small's for real, actual, non-affected voice.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

I think the plugs in this ep is the only time, after like 15 years of being a fan, I ever heard Brendon Small's for real, actual, non-affected voice.

Nah, he's come on as himself and once as a character without any voice work (the motivational speaker that really only plays guitar riffs the whole time)

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

You should probably watch Home Movies.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Twain of Pain posted:

It's my absolute favorite show ever, I've watched front-to-back dozens of times. His voice is slightly sped up there so it's just a bit different. And when he's not being a kid he's doing his Ken Addleburg/Victor voice or his Duane voice.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Twain of Pain posted:

Everyone who likes Brendon Small should watch Home Movies. In fact, people who don't like him should watch it too. It's a masterpiece

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Nah, he's come on as himself and once as a character without any voice work (the motivational speaker that really only plays guitar riffs the whole time)

thats my favorite character

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

scary ghost dog posted:

thats my favorite character

Bernie Fretts, who does not have a YouTube clip, sadly

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Tiny saying "You're moving the goal posts!" and then "That's bad optics!" about his pants falling down killed me.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Tiny saying "You're moving the goal posts!" and then "That's bad optics!" about his pants falling down killed me.

I love them so much. They are such good, likeable characters.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Drunk Tomato posted:

I love them so much. They are such good, likeable characters.

I also loved how Brendan wanted to make absolutely sure that no one thinks he's trying to play a race different than his own. It was such a weird sidebar, especially because the explanation is that Victor can't remember where he was born.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Titanic slide is a great contribution to the list of weird things that improvisers go out of their way to make you know they actually saw, wacky characters aside.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Action Man posted:

I also loved how Brendan wanted to make absolutely sure that no one thinks he's trying to play a race different than his own. It was such a weird sidebar, especially because the explanation is that Victor can't remember where he was born.

Between that and the "Bad optics" runner I wonder if there was some behind-the-scenes discussion about that.

It doesn't matter, even with the physical descriptions (and his live action appearance on the TV show) I can only picture Victor as Ken Addleberg anyways.

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Between that and the "Bad optics" runner I wonder if there was some behind-the-scenes discussion about that.

It doesn't matter, even with the physical descriptions (and his live action appearance on the TV show) I can only picture Victor as Ken Addleberg anyways.

Tiny is also just Mashed Potato Johnson from Metalocalypse.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Twain of Pain posted:

Tiny is also just Mashed Potato Johnson from Metalocalypse.

Or Swifty from Venture Bros.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beenplumb/status/926097764995551233

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Just to get things straight, Ben Schwartz:

1. Clearly hasn't listened to the show in at least a year, as he hasn't heard the plugs theme.
2. Only does one on one episodes, so he doesn't have to be with any other guests.
3. Steamrolls all conversation to be about him.
4. Only recording on a separate schedule.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

This is good

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Kart Barfunkel posted:

1. Clearly hasn't listened to the show in at least a year, as he hasn't heard the plugs theme.
2. Only does one on one episodes, so he doesn't have to be with any other guests.

I don't hate Ben Schwartz but Ben and Horatio together are so much better than Solos Bolo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I only listened to the first solo bolo because I can't handle those levels of podcast singing

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm usually all about the Schwazz, but yeah, it feels perfunctory now.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The nice thing is that they're easy to skip if you don't like them because you know exactly what you're getting from them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I enjoyed Solo Cincolo overall but man, both Scott and Ben proved they legit do not know any song beyond the opening lines/chorus.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I get the feeling this is gonna be a real C+ episode

quote:

Jason Mantzoukas aka Jeffrey Characterwheaties aka the Heynong Man joins Scott to chat about their idea for food that shits, starting a CBB band, and having children on the same day. Then, Scottish independent business man Cameron McGonigle (Andy Daly) stops by to promote his Ghost Tours of Edinburgh.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Can't wait to hear the gross and sexual way in which Cameron McGonigle fits into the Cactus Tony extended universe while Daly audibly resigns himself to it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I would really like an Andy Daly episode where either Zouks isn't there at all or there's another guest as well.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Just one where Daly's character isn't a monster would be great.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

Just one where Daly's character isn't a monster would be great.

Honestly, I'd be disappointed if a Daly character wasn't a monster or trying to kill themselves.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

#diaplife

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

Honestly, I'd be disappointed if a Daly character wasn't a monster or trying to kill themselves.

I mean, I was right there with you up til episode 300 where the Daly-verse collapsed in on itself. After that it just feels unnecessary and unfortunate.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I knew as soon as I saw "runs Edinburgh Ghost Tours" in the episode description that Daly would be playing some kind of sociopath who was "creating" ghosts; I was pleasantly surprised by the restraint in not making him either suicidal or a Satanist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

JethroMcB posted:

I knew as soon as I saw "runs Edinburgh Ghost Tours" in the episode description that Daly would be playing some kind of sociopath who was "creating" ghosts; I was pleasantly surprised by the restraint in not making him either suicidal or a Satanist.

Might actually have to give this one a listen after all.