Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

Phoix posted:

I am honestly surprised this was even possible.

https://twitter.com/TwitterGov/status/926267806261407744

Of course it was a pissed CSR

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

spunkshui posted:

There will be riots if muller gets fired.

The country would burn.

Most people are selfishly obsessed with their own pitiful lives to actually care too much about that kind of stuff. They might bitch about it at social gatherings, a few might go to rallies and stuff, but that's about it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lollll peep the date.

https://twitter.com/hypirlink/status/914592458436235265

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

spunkshui posted:

There will be riots if muller gets fired.

The country would burn.

The only way riots will happen is if people are actually threatened by not having food, water, electricity, poo poo like that. Almost nobody has the guts to be the one to fire the first shot.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

KickerOfMice posted:

Here's the whole thing-

This was actually a key thing with the Saturday Night Massacre. A Federal judge ruled fairly quickly after the firing of the special investigator that it had been done illegally. That eventually set Nixon up for the (much later) 1st Article of Impeachment brought agains him for obstruction.

enraged_camel posted:

Most people are selfishly obsessed with their own pitiful lives to actually care too much about that kind of stuff. They might bitch about it at social gatherings, a few might go to rallies and stuff, but that's about it.

Agreed. It's a vastly different political landscape from when Nixon was president.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Queering Wheel posted:

The only way riots will happen is if people are actually threatened by not having food, water, electricity, poo poo like that. Almost nobody has the guts to be the one to fire the first shot.

Glad you said 'almost' nobody. That one guy shot Scalise.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The biggest argument against any elaborate plan is that they've shown absolutely nothing over the past 10 months to even imply that they are capable of thinking a plan of action through.

poo poo, the republican party couldn't come up with a simple plan (agree on an imaginary reason why ACA is bad.)
And they're Machiavelli compared to these idiots.

Petr posted:

If you actually believe this, you need to get off the Internet for a while. Most Americans have no idea who Mueller is.

Do you type every single post with a disdainful sneer punctuated by spitting at your monitor?

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Deteriorata posted:

Except that Sessions set himself up by lying. This has been about a year and a half in the making, so Painter's conspiracy seems rather far-fetched.
Agreed, to believe Painter's theory you have to completely ignore Sessions' stammering lies in response to Al Franken's relatively simple question about Russia recusal. That dumb gently caress wrote his guilt all over his hideous apple cheeks and then answered a completely different question in a now very incriminating manner. In order to buy into the "fix is in" narrative you'd have to believe the players in The Stupidest Possible Watergate both planned this poo poo all in advance and managed to bungle the entire shitshow from day one.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Alt right is calling on Sessions to resign and be replaced so Mueller can be fired by the replacement. Not sure I understand. Can't Trump directly fire Mueller?

The funny thing is this doesn't work. See, Rosenstein would be acting AG and they would need to wait for the senate to confirm a replacement. The question would be asked and every Republican would then need to decide if they are okay with it. They will be, of course, but it's also an election year soon. They will have to do it with voter's eyes on them. Then, when it happens. Muller will go public like the post-Saturday Night Massacre. Pressure will be put on congress to act: impeach or, at the least, reinstate. They will likely lose enough seats where it no longer is the Republican's decision in 2018 with coverage like that. Democrats would overturn every election 500%. With a flipped house and a senate majority, Trump would either be impeached, resigned, or Muller would be back in: all bad for Trump.

Trump is hosed and no "20 dimensional dungeons and dragons" will save him. The Alt-right are actually helping us by shooting themselves in the foot: Jeff Session's is competently evil and is able to hide racist policy as "strict interpretation of the law" to do it quietly. Trump's new lackey would open every sentence with "n*gger, n*gger, n*gger, kill all them n*ggers, cops, do it!" (not literally) and make another avenue to attack the administration and, likely, fail at doing anything evil, possibly even insulating us from future evil.

So, basically...gently caress Trump, gently caress Sessions, gently caress the Alt-Right, gently caress Republicans, gently caress conservatism.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Apropos of nothing, did anyone ever find out who the white house visitor that signed in a bunch of times a few months back using the name of a dead bodybuilder was? I don't know what made me think of it and Google isn't being friendly. Off topic and small time, I know...

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Queering Wheel posted:

A republican has already been shot by an angry voter.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who was the Goon involved in the Virginia gubernatorial race? I literally can't remember his name because I'm stupid. :(

Hi friend.

I was pretty angry this morning, and then I decided gently caress it. Gillespie at the helm with all branches of government in GOP Control is still the nightmare scenario. Northam showed me what he was today. It annoys me. I’m gonna fight to get this stupid rear end in a top hat elected anyway.

Honestly, it was never about hearts and minds. It’s about turnout. And nobody is running with Northam capitulating. They’re too busy staring at taxes and Russia. Works just fine for me here in Virginia.

NoVA Goons: let’s finish this god damned thing. Non-NoVA Goons: let’s blow up the phones until nobody can think. We’ve still got a House of Delegates we can fill with real, proper progressives - Danica Roem, Hala Ayala, John Bell, Kathy Tran, David Reid - and that’s just the north! If we can make any inroads at all, we don’t become North Carolina. If we lose a seat, here come the transvaginal ultrasounds.

It’s gonna be chill, if and only if the work gets done.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

spunkshui posted:

Yeah, but that's not the same as riots happening. I think there's a good chance that more attacks on Republicans will happen, but I just don't see the general public getting into a huge uproar over Mueller getting fired when most Americans don't know who he is or why he's important.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I think the average person just wants to go back to only having to really think about politics every 2-4 years. It's become glaringly obvious that things will never be "normal" under this administration, so they have to keep thinking about it. I think that if a new administration meant something of a return to normalcy most people would be all over it

I can't imagine just how loving embarrassing it must be to be a Trump supporter at this point, and I say that as someone who's done a lot of dumb poo poo. Though I suppose that ship probably sailed a long time ago for them

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

spunkshui posted:

Said angry voter got shot dead on the spot and after that nothing... nothing happened.

It's a positive note that nobody was really persecuted over it, but several lobbyists getting shot along with Diet David Duke getting his rear end blown the gently caress apart with the entire country virtually shrugging the whole thing off is nothing short of amazing.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

ZobarStyl posted:

Agreed, to believe Painter's theory you have to completely ignore Sessions' stammering lies in response to Al Franken's relatively simple question about Russia recusal. That dumb gently caress wrote his guilt all over his hideous apple cheeks and then answered a completely different question in a now very incriminating manner. In order to buy into the "fix is in" narrative you'd have to believe the players in The Stupidest Possible Watergate both planned this poo poo all in advance and managed to bungle the entire shitshow from day one.

I'm reading painter's theory as Trump throwing Sessions under the bus and trying to pin all the blame on him, not as a defense of sessions' innocence.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Crow Jane posted:

I think the average person just wants to go back to only having to really think about politics every 2-4 years. It's become glaringly obvious that things will never be "normal" under this administration, so they have to keep thinking about it. I think that if a new administration meant something of a return to normalcy most people would be all over it

I can't imagine just how loving embarrassing it must be to be a Trump supporter at this point, and I say that as someone who's done a lot of dumb poo poo. Though I suppose that ship probably sailed a long time ago for them

I could call my insufferable friend from college and see how he's holding up.

Spoilers: will likely play it off so he sounds like he's smarter than me and everyone else and never made a mistake and I'm a fool for thinking things are bad.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Apropos of nothing, did anyone ever find out who the white house visitor that signed in a bunch of times a few months back using the name of a dead bodybuilder was? I don't know what made me think of it and Google isn't being friendly. Off topic and small time, I know...
I don't know, but you've all missed something really important in a recent article.

"We have no indication that this George Papadopoulos came to this White House,” Mr. Cobb said, adding that a different person with the same name had entered the White House this year."

Guys. Proof that the actor from Webster visited the White House!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
its cool that infowars claims hitler is still alive on day three of a four day cross country car ride with my mother, avid reader of infowars

tomorrow i will get to explain quite fruitlessly how crazy that is and then be chastised for it. if i don't return just know i jerked the wheel into a rover going 120 somewhere in mississippi.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Your Boy Fancy posted:

NoVA Goons: let’s finish this god damned thing. Non-NoVA Goons: let’s blow up the phones until nobody can think. We’ve still got a House of Delegates we can fill with real, proper progressives - Danica Roem, Hala Ayala, John Bell, Kathy Tran, David Reid - and that’s just the north! If we can make any inroads at all, we don’t become North Carolina. If we lose a seat, here come the transvaginal ultrasounds.

It’s gonna be chill, if and only if the work gets done.

:)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Non-NoVA Goons: let’s blow up the phones until nobody can think. We’ve still got a House of Delegates we can fill with real, proper progressives - Danica Roem, Hala Ayala, John Bell, Kathy Tran, David Reid - and that’s just the north! If we can make any inroads at all, we don’t become North Carolina. If we lose a seat, here come the transvaginal ultrasounds.

FWIW I'm canvassing in Charlottesville on Saturday. Every little bit helps. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Phoix posted:

They are a goddamn patriot, and the fact that Twitter seems to view this as a faux pas or travesty, as opposed to relief or at least using it to look like they are taking changes seriously, tells me that this employee was too good for them to begin with.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

wow gently caress twitter

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Hi friend.

I was pretty angry this morning, and then I decided gently caress it. Gillespie at the helm with all branches of government in GOP Control is still the nightmare scenario. Northam showed me what he was today. It annoys me. I’m gonna fight to get this stupid rear end in a top hat elected anyway.

lol the Democrats have come a long way from Yes We Can

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Someone buy that person a forums account

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It shoulda been Perriello. Oh well. :shrug:

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

lol the Democrats have come a long way from Yes We Can

What did we expect from a Democrat who is pro Right-To-Work?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

NmareBfly posted:

FWIW I'm canvassing in Charlottesville on Saturday. Every little bit helps. Thanks for all your hard work.

CVille has to be in the mood for movement. After August, even some of the most dedicated, chill activists I know picked up the black loving flag. We’ve needed this campaign, and needed it badly.

The Bernie-lifers? gently caress em. They used the pamphlet thing with Fairfax as a reason to never do anything, because they’d rather be inactive, internally correct, and watch their world decline instead of beat back these god damned wolves. And make no mistake: they are wolves. People like my brother will suffer, the whole drat interstate will get sold off by the foot, and god forbid these fucks try to make the tiki torches into a regular thing.

That Latino Victory Fund ad was spot on, and they only bitched because it was more on the nose than a neti pot. People tried to be brave for an establishment Democrat, and they got rewarded for it by disavowal and a straight up policy reversal.

My hope is that Fairfax runs in 2021 and goes to war. NoVA might have defense contract centrists for days, but they show the gently caress up when it counts, and I love them for it. So you and me, motherfucker. Let’s win this loving state. To arms, baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCUREHnpyo

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

It's kind of incredible that Twitter had the perfect opportunity to show the world that it is not a totally hopeless and utterly poo poo platform, and they not only blew it, but also released a statement saying it was "human error".

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I'm actually worried for this person because their name is going to get released, and Trump's brigade of ding-dongs are going to descend on them. 😔

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kelly posted:

I'm actually worried for this person because their name is going to get released, and Trump's brigade of ding-dongs are going to descend on them. 😔

What if they live in another country? Theres no way Trump is dumb enough to start a war over Twitter.

Right? :ohdear:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Phoix posted:

Wanna hire that employee.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

It's kind of incredible that Twitter had the perfect opportunity to show the world that it is not a totally hopeless and utterly poo poo platform, and they not only blew it, but also released a statement saying it was "human error".

they took a page out of equifax's book and blamed a single mid level dude

because somehow one dude toward the bottom of the totem pole having the ability to suspend the presidents account is an indictment of that dude and not, uh, your garbage company

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol the google fucker is now a total social and professional pariah but twitter help drone #35729 probably has several six figure jobs lined up and people willing to pay his legal fees.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

FizFashizzle posted:

lol the google fucker is now a total social and professional pariah but twitter help drone #35729 probably has several six figure jobs lined up and people willing to pay his legal fees.

He followed the rules.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Zophar posted:

The acting AG would be Rosenstein though right? The only person who could fire Mueller without canning Rosenstein first would have to be confirmed by the Senate.

Isn't Trump able to just switch in some other cabinet secretary that's already been confirmed? Future AG Pruitt's been cocooning himself in bubble wrap for just this contingency.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Duodecimal posted:

Isn't Trump able to just switch in some other cabinet secretary that's already been confirmed? Future AG Pruitt's been cocooning himself in bubble wrap for just this contingency.

No.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

CVille has to be in the mood for movement. After August, even some of the most dedicated, chill activists I know picked up the black loving flag. We’ve needed this campaign, and needed it badly.

The Bernie-lifers? gently caress em. They used the pamphlet thing with Fairfax as a reason to never do anything, because they’d rather be inactive, internally correct, and watch their world decline instead of beat back these god damned wolves. And make no mistake: they are wolves. People like my brother will suffer, the whole drat interstate will get sold off by the foot, and god forbid these fucks try to make the tiki torches into a regular thing.

That Latino Victory Fund ad was spot on, and they only bitched because it was more on the nose than a neti pot. People tried to be brave for an establishment Democrat, and they got rewarded for it by disavowal and a straight up policy reversal.

My hope is that Fairfax runs in 2021 and goes to war. NoVA might have defense contract centrists for days, but they show the gently caress up when it counts, and I love them for it. So you and me, motherfucker. Let’s win this loving state. To arms, baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCUREHnpyo

So is Fairfax super lefty then? I voted for him in the primary because he seemed the most qualified of the three but god drat he better run in 2021 on a "guillotines for the GOP" platform. They are an existential threat to humanity.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Duodecimal posted:

Isn't Trump able to just switch in some other cabinet secretary that's already been confirmed? Future AG Pruitt's been cocooning himself in bubble wrap for just this contingency metamorphosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

JeffersonClay posted:

I'm reading painter's theory as Trump throwing Sessions under the bus and trying to pin all the blame on him, not as a defense of sessions' innocence.
Oh I read it the same way, that's not the point of contention I have with his theory. The problem I have is with his interpretation that the stupidest fucks on the planet can plan further than an hour in advance, and that their grand escape hatch is to instigate a constitutional crisis from which there is no recovery.

• Locked thread