Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey guys, instead of buying COD the new one you should all buy Titanfall 2. It's much better and doesn't have scummy business practices, all new maps and items were released for free, you could only buy some cosmetic titan models and stuff and you were actually getting what you wanted, not the chance to get what you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

precision posted:

sadly none of that will affect sales of the game or its loot boxes though

goddamn I'm glad I'm not a CoD fan because lmao at this poo poo.

Hasn't CoD been dying as a franchise anyways? It certainly doesn't have the popularity peak it once did. Somehow I doubt this entry is gonna change that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Lol of loving course Activision does this poo poo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think it's megaton level anymore but it's still plenty popular. With AAA who knows what's considered successful though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there are probably lots of people that just play one video game each year and its call of duty, hosed up but maybe true

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

I am a cod fan but I won't buy ww2 because of this

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Also because the last cod was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnSbqIFQ63s

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

goferchan posted:

http://www.glaielgames.com/succubox/

enjoy . no spoilers but it's way deeper than it first looks ...

This was cool, thanks!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Capitalism blows

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

I don't think anybody is going to buy cod because IW sucked rear end, same how nobody bought AW because of ghosts and the spiral has been a downward trend

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

I'm just sitting here crocheting tiny little stars out of embroidery thread. I'm working on the second one and I set it down to look for the first one I made. Trying to look around for it and I see my cat Bahol smacking his lips and nosing around where I saw it last.

My cat ate my fuckin star!!

Who does that?!

He's just looking at me like "hi I love you" and I'm just like "why'd you eat my star?! what the gently caress buddy??"

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

SERIOUSLY WHO DOES THAT

WHY DID MY CAT EAT MY FUCKIN LITTLE STAR

gently caress YOU CAT I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Cat's gonna poop out the star

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Internet Kraken posted:

Hasn't CoD been dying as a franchise anyways? It certainly doesn't have the popularity peak it once did. Somehow I doubt this entry is gonna change that.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, the game where baby-faced Kit Harington is the big bad, was the best selling game in North America in 2016. In the UK, it was #2 after FIFA. In most of Europe, it was one of the top five best selling games of the year.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I actually liked Infinite Warfare. The zero-g shooting was pretty neat and they don't overuse it, plus everything about commanding the ship is like totally in my wheelhouse theming-wise.

Basically if a game has you commanding a ship I will probably at least be lukewarm on it by that alone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i don't know who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to announce a release date that was within two months for a complete reworking of the script of an 80 hour long action rpg

like that was just a losing move from the start

Ys viii is not 80 hours long, it's between 20 - 30

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should add the caveat that I mean on PC, you cant find a match in cod games after like a few months anymore

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I actually liked Infinite Warfare. The zero-g shooting was pretty neat and they don't overuse it, plus everything about commanding the ship is like totally in my wheelhouse theming-wise.

Basically if a game has you commanding a ship I will probably at least be lukewarm on it by that alone
the IW campaign was pretty good, but I'm pretty sure that's not what anyone is talking about when comparing or criticizing CoDs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh, right. I find CoD multiplayer really boring and Black Ops 2 was the last game I put any hours into the MP. I am a campaign-only CoDder. Even the Zombies mode is super boring

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In Training posted:

I should add the caveat that I mean on PC, you cant find a match in cod games after like a few months anymore

Call of Duty was popular on PC?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
From what I understand the CoD sp campaigns have remained good thoughout the series if not a little short but no one gives a poo poo because that series become huge because of the multiplayer with the single player mostly being a footnote

The new CoD might still do well enough because a return to WWII games is what the fanbase has had been demanding for awhile to the point they got mad that AW was too sci-fi for whatever reason

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

In Training posted:

Ys viii is not 80 hours long, it's between 20 - 30

it took me 60 to do everything, it's long as gently caress

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm given to understand that Ys games also have a gently caress load of dialogue, like Yakuza levels. I've only played Origins tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

I'm given to understand that Ys games also have a gently caress load of dialogue, like Yakuza levels. I've only played Origins tho

They usually don't, VIII is a big expansion for them and I don't like it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Which game will be the worse full price microtransaction bullshit, COD or Battlefront?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But when loot boxes are just cosmetic don't you want people to see your stylin threads?!?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They made a really solid world and you get to see a lot of people die in varied and horrible ways, the world looks and feels believable enough, and you get to shoot the biggest gun in the solar system at the end. An A+ spectacle for sure

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

They made a really solid world and you get to see a lot of people die in varied and horrible ways, the world looks and feels believable enough, and you get to shoot the biggest gun in the solar system at the end. An A+ spectacle for sure

Yeah Titanfall 2 is good.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

chumbler posted:

Yeah Titanfall 2 is good.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

In Training posted:

Yeah but the alternative is playing an FPS on a console.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

playing a very sick VR pubg ripoff, where your ability to do squats IRL determines whether you live or die

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Which game will be the worse full price microtransaction bullshit, COD or Battlefront?
battlefront, because I assume you can at least still level up and unlock stuff in COD while the entire progression in battlefront hinges on getting stuff out of lootboxes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A friend just reminded me that the COD lootbox watching daily thing isn't even really new, since hearthstone has had the spectate a friend quest for a while. Blizzard truly ahead of the game.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

chumbler posted:

A friend just reminded me that the COD lootbox watching daily thing isn't even really new, since hearthstone has had the spectate a friend quest for a while. Blizzard truly ahead of the game.

The HS one requires you to watch a game (and you can't spectate opening packs).

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

chumbler posted:

Activision-Blizzard

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

that was for spectating a friend playing that's playing games though, not opening card packs right?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

that was for spectating a friend playing that's playing games though, not opening card packs right?

It makes you see what other people have like the COD loot box thing (and your friend may want you to check out their cool deck), and rewarding a pack means that when you get nothing from the pack you might be more likely to try another pull at the slots, even if it's just 1% more likely.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Correct. It's a spectator mode, like exists in a lot of other games.

• Locked thread