Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jesus, he's older than her mother. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

maskenfreiheit posted:

This is a key point. Gene especially likes to take a look at multiple reports and dole out one punishment rather than a chain. I've PMed him about stuff before and he'll be like "yeah that post wasn;t that bad, but you also were reported for X,Y, and Z so I chunked it together."

I generally think gene is good 90% of the time and that he seems to randomly stroke out for the last 10%. This would explain a lot of that.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Jesus, he's older than her mother. :stonk:

I legit dunno how parents handle their kids making such a trainwreck of a mistake. It's not like you can push them away because you still want to be there for them, they're an adult so you can't really intervene as a parent, what do you even do. Just resign yourself to your daughter banging a 60 year old pervert waiting around to pick up the pieces after things inevitably blow up on their own.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

My [24F] mother [55F] says I should "prioritize" my family over my SO for a week-long vacation over Christmas. Whose priorities are straight?

You've got a long long life of ruining your relationship with your family ahead of you. Truly inspiring.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I haven't been able to dig this up. Someone, please, bless me with some of the comments

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/7a8dx6/pranked_girl_and_got_caught_now_confused/

quote:

Hello, I’m in Vermont USA but I pranked a girl by messaging people in Louisiana who live near her who have a tickle fetish. I told them where to find her and to tie her up and tickle her. I don’t even know how she found out but she claims there is an open case with the police and that I’m gonna be arrested because what I did was a crime. As far as I know in my state it’s not illegal to prank anyone and second of all nothing happened to her and I did this prank a year ago. So how would the police have any basis to arrest me after something that happened last year??

Makes no sense.

Re-posted story so you don't have to click 3 quotes, and thread to read the comments.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Turtlicious posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/7a8dx6/pranked_girl_and_got_caught_now_confused/

Re-posted story so you don't have to click 3 quotes, and thread to read the comments.

Many thanks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Oh man I bet she's dating a Freeper, they all like to pretend the holidays don't exist too because they are actually awful people.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Turtlicious posted:

LOL at there literally being a law in Vermont against what he did, and they have jurisdiction because "[a]n offense committed by use of a telephone or other electronic communication device as set forth in this section shall be considered to have been committed at either the place where the telephone call or calls originated or at the place where the communication or communications or calls were received." So he's at least facing state charges at home. "LOL it's a prank bro" :fuckoff:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

LOL at there literally being a law in Vermont against what he did, and they have jurisdiction because "[a]n offense committed by use of a telephone or other electronic communication device as set forth in this section shall be considered to have been committed at either the place where the telephone call or calls originated or at the place where the communication or communications or calls were received." So he's at least facing state charges at home. "LOL it's a prank bro" :fuckoff:

Also, it crossed state lines so its federal (if they want it), and the wheels of the federal justice system grind slow but exceedingly fine. Only the DA can drop charges, and this is a slam dunk, so odds are he'll have to plea out and it won't be pretty. The prison system is pretty hosed but he earned his short stay in minimum security for sure.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Oh jeez I just realized that the woman dating the 60 year old is probably in a kink relationship (maybe the dog/handler one?), which is why she's so weird about this and that's the hobby they have.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Isn't it straight-up Incitement regardless of jurisdiction? Since he specifically encouraged people to do something

wak
May 8, 2017

D U C K F A L E S .
Pillbug
My (nearly) perfect girlfriend [26/F] may have a weird fetish, and I'm not sure if it's all in my head.

quote:

Krista is the love of my life. Beautiful. Smart. Funny. I can spend hours with her just chatting about nothing. Everything is so natural and fun. She has been my rock as I go through a very difficult program that will run another two years -- it has been my dream and my nemesis. She, however, has helped me every step and I owe her for that.

But.... There's something a bit askew. We've been together for over a year. About 5 months ago, she began to exhibit these odd signs. She'd come over when she knew I would be (mostly) free and would feign illness. On one occasion she said she felt like she had a fever and asked that I take her temperature. It was only very slightly elevated, meaning there was no sign of infection, rather she probably drank coffee or wore a warm coat. Yet, she insisted she had a bug. She stripped naked, wrapped herself in a blanket and wanted to be cuddled and have me play with her hair. Okay, so a bit odd.

About three weeks after that, she said that she had a sore lower back. She asked if I'd rub her back and I happily agreed. She took of her shirt... Then her bra. Then her pants, panties and socks. She laid prone and asked that I gently rub her illiac crest and gluteus medius in a circuluar motion. I did and she fell asleep. Okay, so this was more odd.

After that, it became more frequent. Every two weeks or so, she'd come over and would need to be babied. Washing her hair. Taking care of her during a brief bug. Rubbing her while she was wrapped (naked) in a blanket until she fell asleep. Rubbing her stomach when she felt off.

Tonight it escalated. She had wisdom teeth extracted and came by with her sister. Her sister left and we sat in bed. I studied for upcoming POM sections. She said she was starting to feel pain. She kept asking about taking pills but wouldn't actually ask the question. Finally, she showed me what pills she had. Diclofenac. Okay, not all that common, but not unheard of. Suppositories. Okay, unheard of. She asked me to do it. I felt conflicted about the whole thing, but helped her out. My roommate, who is ahead of me in our program, was studying in the kitchen, so I nonchalantly asked him about diclofenac suppositories. He had never seen them used.

She's asleep in my room as I write this. I can't get back to studying and I have no idea what's going on. 99% of our relationship is amazing. This... Has thrown me. Am I insane? Is this normal?

tl;dr: My nearly perfect girlfriend exhibits signs of what I can only assume is a desire to be babied. It has escalated to suppositories. Do I ask her about all of this? Am I just paranoid?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Girlfriend has just escalated our relationship to sticking things up her butt. Help, Reddit, how can I screw this up for myself?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

six no substitute posted:

My (nearly) perfect girlfriend [26/F] may have a weird fetish, and I'm not sure if it's all in my head.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: every relationship has a "gotcha" - something that's off.

If the only thing present in yours is a mild kink you need to indulge every 2 weeks you're ahead of the curve.

wak
May 8, 2017

D U C K F A L E S .
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: every relationship has a "gotcha" - something that's off.

If the only thing present in yours is a mild kink you need to indulge every 2 weeks you're ahead of the curve.
But but but she got naked and wanted me to rub her rear end gluteus medius!

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Yeah the whole gluteus medius thing stopped me too. The whole post reads like a “I’m in med school and I have a kinky gf” humblebrag.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I think this one might be a troll (the title is accurate)

I [22M] was diagnosed with Asparagus and it's disrupting my relationships[new] (self.relationships)

quote:

After living what i thought was a relatively normal childhood at 20 i was diagnosed with a type of autism that for those who don't know make it difficult to communicate with others especially when it comes to picking up body language.

After i found out i only told a few close friends. Ever since then i've been treated differently - almost special. Sometimes my friends make jokes that im special and they say it "Speshuuuul". This hurts my feelings and i feel as if had they not been told i would still be treated how i used to be.

Not only this but i feel as if since my diagnosis girls feel sorry for me more, even if they don't know me at all. I have only ever been in one serious relationship and that ended when i she told me we didn't have a future together. This was after my diagnosis. Additionally, if it matters i am bisexual but have never been in a relationship with a man.

---TLDR:--- I get treated funny since "becoming" autistic

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

I think this one might be a troll (the title is accurate)

I [22M] was diagnosed with Asparagus and it's disrupting my relationships[new] (self.relationships)

---TLDR:--- My pee smells funny since "becoming" autistic

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Yeah the whole gluteus medius thing stopped me too. The whole post reads like a “I’m in med school and I have a kinky gf” humblebrag.
Either that or it's a med student so hyperfocused on school that the relationship part of their brain broke.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Here's another in my long running series: dumb girlfriends who don't understand relationships don't need to be ended for cause

My girlfriend admitted to sexting with other men (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

So, yesterday i was talking with her and she made a joke about this, i joked back (never would i have thought it was true) and then she asked me if i would get mad if it wasn't a joke.

I of course told her that yes, i would get mad.

She then started arguing that it wasn't cheating because there was no touching, and that she and I sexted when I was with my ex girlfriend (although it was only the last week or so) so if i got angry i would be a huge hypocrite.

I kinda get her point, but my ex and i werent in love, we both knew it was gonna be over soon, we weren't having sex, and i never sent my current girlfriend any material, i was only on the receiving end.

We moved on, but this stayed on my mind, so just before going to bed, i straight up asked her and she said that she had done it, but it didnt matter because she loved me and it wasnt cheating.

Oh, and just to be clear, sexting involves both parties sending pictures in this case.

What the hell should i do? I feel so weird... I know we gotta talk about this but I wouldn't know what to say. I definitely don't want her to keep doing this, but I dont want to be the boyfriend who checks his gf's phone to see who she talks to. Idk, help me out.

Also bonus "I was sexting with her while in a relationship, but now I'm shocked and appalled she's sexting while in a relationship with me!"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Also bonus "I was sexting with her while in a relationship, but now I'm shocked and appalled she's sexting while in a relationship with me!"

I don't see it so much as hypocrisy as denial. The sexting means the relationship is over but he doesn't want to admit that to himself.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Suplex the girlfriend from the top rope

wak
May 8, 2017

D U C K F A L E S .
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

Here's another in my long running series: dumb girlfriends who don't understand relationships don't need to be ended for cause

My girlfriend admitted to sexting with other men (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

i never sent my current girlfriend any material, i was only on the receiving end.
Oh, and just to be clear, sexting involves both parties sending pictures in this case.
So if the other guy hadn't sent any pictures back it would've been OK? :confused:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Ride The Gravitron posted:

whatcha gonna do, brother, when another man's privates come for youuuu?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

six no substitute posted:

So if the other guy hadn't sent any pictures back it would've been OK? :confused:

maybe he meant it's not just her getting sent dicks, which can happen and absent "oh boy i wanna lick that hot dog" or some other reply isn't cheating

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you do that the new man is gonna come out push you off balance into the spanish announcers table. Way better to do a ladder match so you can keep your eyes on all the other guys in the ring.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I had to reread the post to see if there was any mention of being in med school or PT school or something. Oh no, my girlfriend wants me to touch her butt, how awkward.

E: diagnosed with asparagus guy, that's why I don't tell people until I have a feel for their views on disability. It absolutely does change the way people treat you. I had an assistant principal in high school take it on himself to tell kids who were bullying me all about my diagnosis, which I'm like 75% sure I could have gotten him fired for because it just made the bullying worse because of course it loving did you goddamn nincompoop

I was so anxious back then that the fact that I was able to work up the nerve to walk into his office and tell him that what he did was completely inappropriate and he had crossed a major line was a win for me.

No fuckin' wonder I don't trust people with that kind of information.

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 3, 2017

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

https://i.imgur.com/8kwxvW1.mp4

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Me [23F] with my husband [21M] of seven months, has professed love for his best friend who he got back in touch with. We're all three of us going on a dinner date. I think i'm going to my funeral.

quote:

I opened this throwaway, although I have lurked for years. Never posted, this is my first post, so I apologize if text gets repetative or formatted incorrectly.

I've debated so much whether I want to put this on the internet or not, but, for several reasons which I will explain, I will, because at this point, I don't know what to think anymore and I have no one to tell.

I wrote a GIGANTIC wall of text and deleted it. It was very detailed, and i'm hoping I can get across my troubles with less rambling about. But basically, this afternoon, my husband and I will be going to a tea house with lets call her Suzi, one of my husband's used to be best friends and unofficial high school sweetheart. The reason for them not being best friends anymore is simply they grew apart as they went to college, no animosity whatsoever and still a lot of love and appreciation. She texted him Sunday night out of the blue and said she'd like to finally be able to hang out with us, as we've said we'll get to know each other several times but never actually went through with it. But the date is on for today, and i'm very torn about how I feel about this. But now let me explain why I've come to you guys about this.

I was with my high school sweetheart, for seven years, seven pretty good years. We separated, and shortly afterwards, I met my now husband and we immediately hit it off and became an item. My husband, lets call him John, he met Suzi in middle school and immediately grew affectionate of her. Going into high school, he absolutely fell for her. He says that from the moment he woke up to the moment he closed his eyes to sleep, she was on his mind. He dreamed of her, dreamed of scenarios where he was married with her, where she was pregnant with his child, being intimate with her. He says he dreamed of being with her because she needed someone to care for her, as she had trouble in school, and had a health issue that she needed help with. He knew no guy would love and care for her as much as he would, and to this day, he claims that to be true. She, Suzi, is his age, a very sweet, calm, Christian girl, who didn't have many friends growing up because she was always different and not self obsessed like most teens. She was genuinely sweet, she cared deeply for others, and he just saw in her a light that no one could even touch. He says in his teens, he was too agressive and emotional and that's why he feels she never accepted his invitations for a relationship, and my husband, although honestly, a very good looking guy, he does have a very strong character. He is not tame or shy to say how he feels, he feels he is a very intelligent person that makes bad decisions. He isn't a jerk or a dickweed by any means, he is a sweetheart and very emotional and caring of other people. Extremely caring.

He says that he feels she cared for him too, because they were such good friends, but never accepted him because of his very hormone-induced aggressive attitude. And since she's a sweet girl, she knew an attitude like his would be trouble. She would ask him for help with homework, and he would do anything for her because she was Suzi, the girl he knew he wanted to marry and grow old with, and he would do anything for her. And honestly, I believe him, I definitely believe she is the person she says he is. I truly believe she is a rare gem with a heart of gold. I've seen the girl in her profile through his Facebook, and she looks like a girl with a good head on her shoulders and a sweet innocent caring girl. Everything he says, I don't deny. But my issue is, he's expressed to me, in between conversations about alternate scenarios and how things would've played out, that if she would tell him that she had feelings for him and loved him, that that would change everything in his heart. She is the exception. For EVERYTHING. He still says, no one would've cared for her like I would, she needs care, I would've had a very happy life with her. Around November, he asked me to respond to one of her text messages while he was playing Black Ops I think, and I responded and scrolled up (I know, terrible human being). I read messages where he asked her why she never went for him, complimented her, said something like, "Suzi, you know I've always thought you're very pretty", and she said something cute, something that I guess he found endearing, and simply responded with her name and a sweet emoji. That killed me, because that told me more than I wanted to know. I knew he felt for her, I knew he always would, but to read it, it spun me around. So, that weekend, driving back to our home town, I asked him very casually about her and exes and stuff like that,and I remember vividly listening to the soundtrack for The Last of Us, which just bummed me out more. He told me that, he had been dreaming about her and thinking about her, and he felt those love feelings coming back. That's when he told me no one would love or care for her like him. He also said that he would leave a relationship he was in, just to be with her. How do you respond to that? How do you compete with that? He noticed it made me quiet for the rest of the weekend. But I couldn't get that off my mind. He noticed and comforted me on Sunday and said that he was happy with me and wouldn't leave something that is already established. So I didn't mention the messages, I never did, even though I want to blurt it out when it comes up. But it all cooled off a little, and that was left at that. I left it at that too, because it makes me literally sick to my stomach when I think about stuff like that. It makes me sick, so I try not to dwell on it for my own good, and also because I probably over exaggerate and it's all in my head.

Then, he lets her know that we're moving back to our home town, and she says she wants to meet me, finally, and that we should get together. We come back, and, in between all the moving, and work, and whatnot, well, we never actually did. But he texted her randomly last week, and she replied, and they exchanged brief pleasantries. Sunday night however, she texts him, and says she wants to meet me soon, and sends him her work schedule and the days that she has off. She asks when we can get together. My husband, very excitedly, screenshots the texts and lets me know it's all up to me. So, I say, let's do it Tuesday after work. Tuesday comes, he gets a haircut, showers, cleans the truck since we're gonna pick her up. She texts him around 7 that she can't make it because they extended her hours at work. He gets noticeably bummed out, but because we were already counting on having dinner, I told him, Hey, lets go out anyways, you and me. We do. I jokingly tell him to cheer up, that he'll have a date with her soon, he says he hopes so. He keeps texting with her, but they've kind of texted for a while now, so no surprise.

But something in him changed. He just, he jokes around about her and him, and when I joke around, I should say "joke around" about them two finally working out, his responses worry me. I told him Monday, imagine she told you she has feelings for you, he said, "What would you do if she told me that?" And well, I didn't have an answer. I told him, "I know that if she told you she loved you, that's it, it's cased closed in your heart." He didn't deny it. He just stayed quiet. And asked ME what I would do.
I just stayed quiet because, what can I do, again? When I express concern, he just says im very dramatic and making up things. Yesterday, I asked him, what if we can't have kids? Should we adopt? And I poo poo you not, he said, "Well then maybe Suzi and me can have a baby and you and your ex could have one" and laughed. He laughed and when he noticed I didn't, said, IM JUST KIDDING CUTIE PIE, yes we should adopt. I just looked down because I mean, it's soul crushing. It's playing around yeah, but i'm not an idiot. This indirect joking about her and him that he's making, it's killing me, but I have to pretend it's not. I showed him a picture of a girl on Instagram that he's always thought is gorgeous and hot, and he said,"Nah, you know I don't have sexual feelings for other girls." I said,"Well John, you've always liked her! So then who DO you have sexual feelings for??" You already know that response.

The whole night I have trouble sleeping, because this date feels like i'm walking into my funeral. I wake up, and lo behold, he lets me know he didn't sleep until 2 because he was texting Suzi all night and they were arguing about religion (he's atheist, she is very much not). He told me she asked him if they could talk about it over the phone, since it's easier than through text. He tells her no, i'm asleep in bed next to him. He also lets me know she's told him he's her best friend and only friend. All this, tonight, one day before we all meet up. Out of nowhere, she wants to see him and me this week, desperately trying to find a time to talk, then tells him that he's all she's got. It's over for me. I lost.

I'm here, because when I separated from my ex boyfriend, I lost ALL my friends. I was left with not one of them. They were all guys, and my ex boyfriend kept them. Because I had been with my ex boyfriend all through high school, I did have girl friends, yes, but they all went their separate ways after graduation, and the group that was my ex boyfriend and the guys, we stayed together. After the break up, they texted me once in a while, but to avoid problems with my ex boyfriend, they never reached out to me to invite me or anything. Everybody I trusted, I lost at the drop of a hat. I have just my parents, my pets, and my husband. And I don't tell my relationship problems to my parents because I just don't see that being a good idea. I don't want them to hate him, because he has a side to all this too, so I avoid telling them issues with him unless he's in the room to present his side. My parents are very reasonable and understandable, so they call me out on my poo poo too, which is why I trust their response. I know i'll get a direct one, not a biased one. So that leaves me with nobody to vent to, and sometimes I feel like screaming in fits of anger and crying because, I have no one to talk to. I know, that I need to make friends, but it hasn't been easy with the moving and the new relationship, and work. Plus i'm not the most socially adaptable person, I have trouble feeling comfortable around people, it takes me a while.

I've thought about this so much, that I've thought that maybe I should step aside and let them be. I'm being dramatic, because she hasn't professed her feelings for him, and who knows, maybe she doesn't have them. But, everything points to this. All she has to do is talk to him, and he's back in dummy mode over her. I can't compete with, the sweetest girl in the world. The damsel in distress. If she's a good person, maybe he does deserve her, maybe they should be together. And I know she is. But, drat it, I love him. I worked hard at our relationship. Nothing about it has been easy, I put half as much effort. It's not fair. She had her chance and she rejected it. And now she's coming back into his life, and all he needs is even the slightest hint of interest in him. The slightest, and yeah, he'll physically be with me, but his heart will be far gone. But it's not fair, I put in the effort, I reciprocated his feelings, I try to be as loving and understanding and trusting as I could be. I'm new to this, i'm just trying to be a good wife. I love my husband, but I can feel him slipping away.

And that leads me to my conclusion. If, when I go today to the date, I see her looking at him, and if I see what i'm afraid i'll see, what do I do. I am still wondering how i'm gonna stomach it if the chemistry is there. Plus my husband isn't very good at hiding feelings, he's very outpouring. I want him for me, because drat it, that's why I got married. But what's the point, if his heart dwells too much on her. I could never compare to his idea of her, no girl could ever, and i'll just be betraying myself if I keep him, knowing where his heart truly stands.

After all this, I feel a little better that I vented. I'm not even sure this will get responses, I kind of doubt it because it's so drat long. But I don't know what to do. I feel lost, I feel like a doofus who's making a big deal out of nothing, I feel defeated. But mostly betrayed, because I've done so much for him. And yet I have a feeling if I tell him that, he'll tell me no one has done as much as what she's done for him in his heart.

Thank you for reading, strangers. I just needed an ear.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I know a lot of important details are absent, I just don't want to make it longer than it is.

tl;dr = Husband has been having extended communication with the purest, most beautiful girl in his life, has admitted strong feelings for her. She declares him her best and only friend. Now we're all three going on a dinner date (actually tea date but whatever) together tonight. I feel like i'm going to my funeral. How should I proceed?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ditch the husband and run off with her.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She deleted some of that to make it shorter? Did the severs reddit is housed fry out when she tried the first time?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Yeah stuff like this:

quote:

I was with my high school sweetheart, for seven years, seven pretty good years. We separated, and shortly afterwards, I met my now husband and we immediately hit it off and became an item.

And she's 23?? So she dated her sweetheart from like 15-22 and married the next guy she met?

If people want to get married young that's cool but it seems like "the other person decides they wanted to experience more of life" is a real hazard that may appear months / years down the road. I never get what's the rush, from the perspective that you are still having tons of new experiences and changing your perspective on life a lot. That can lead one person or the other to decide that the relationship is no longer what they want.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Haifisch posted:

Me [23F] with my husband [21M] of seven months, has professed love for his best friend who he got back in touch with. We're all three of us going on a dinner date. I think i'm going to my funeral.

I'm not reading all this but if she's always this long winded I don't blame her husband for falling in love with someone else

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dont worry theyre not yet actually married, she still hasnt finished saying her vows.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Ham Sandwiches posted:

If people want to get married young that's cool but it seems like "the other person decides they wanted to experience more of life" is a real hazard that may appear months / years down the road. I never get what's the rush, from the perspective that you are still having tons of new experiences and changing your perspective on life a lot. That can lead one person or the other to decide that the relationship is no longer what they want.
It's the opposite of that, her husband doesn't want to experience more women, he wants to go back to the girl he met in middle school.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Anne Whateley posted:

It's the opposite of that, her husband doesn't want to experience more women, he wants to go back to the girl he met in middle school.

At least a middle schooler couldn't write that many a boring post that long.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Me [34M] with my wife [35F] 10 years, we are taking our first vacation since having kids (8 years). She insists we take separate flights which will cost up to $1000 extra. She's afraid of a crash but this means we have much less money to do stuff on the trip

quote:

Hello everyone, using a throwaway.

My wife and I are about to leave on our first vacation since we've had kids 8 years ago. We've planned for over a year and we leave the Sunday before thanksgiving. Both sets of our parents are coming to our town to have a huge thanksgiving and get the kids to school while we get some time away. We are heading to Hawaii and while we are not "scrimping" by any means, we aren't super wealthy people and we are having to look for deals in order to get to do everything we want to do.

Over the weekend my wife aparently talked to her best friend who imparted on her that we NEED to take separate flights because if the plane were to crash our kids would be without both parents. I actually thought she was kidding at first and made the mistake of saying "that's so ridiculous it's not even funny." She got really mad at me and didn't speak to me until Tuesday morning. I realized that she was really upset so I started looking into changing the flights.

Basically for us to get there on the same day it would cost us $1094 extra from the tickets we've already purchased. There are other options but the option that's affordable would mean one of us would miss about 4 days of the 10 day vacation.

She is insisting that this is so worth it to her that she's willing to forgo some of the activities we had planned (stuff I was really looking forward to doing like scuba and surf lessons, even a helicopter ride).

She is unwilling to bend and every time I tell her how safe it really is she gets really mad at me and even broke up a coffee cup this morning she said she was so tired of hearing my "bullshit."

Do I need to just bite the bullet and exchange one ticket and make her happy?

tl;dr: My wife and I are going on our first vacation in 8 years. she is insisting at about the last minute we get two separate flights in case of a plane crash. Should I just buy the ticket despite the cost?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

Me [34M] with my wife [35F] 10 years, we are taking our first vacation since having kids (8 years). She insists we take separate flights which will cost up to $1000 extra. She's afraid of a crash but this means we have much less money to do stuff on the trip

Don't give in. This is how separation starts. First it's separate flights, then separate cars, then separate houses, then separate relationships. She's pulling the old "open the relationship" card to save the marriage.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Murder/Suicide pact with the grandparents if the plane crashes, problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

How can you be married to someone for ten years and not know they're batshit insane?