Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Sure thing. I'm sure I could use some practice driving it around the city streets anyways. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And then drive that fucker up to Indiana so we can hang out.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
If ever saw this truck physically with my own eyes it be ok to die right then and there

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

If ever saw this truck physically with my own eyes it be ok to die right then and there

This is how cults start fyi

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Scumdogs is the best GWAR album, don't like much of their stuff after that, to me that's when they peaked.

Gwar on Jerry Springer show in about 97 or 98. I remember watching it when it was first broadcast. gently caress yeah. They kicked that pissed off mom's rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJuBxeRrv9A

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hey Dick are you going to have a mailing address that'll be good in a few weeks or is that asking too much? I'm sorta work pals with the Sexecutioner and I'd like to get him to send you something. (Not working w him right now but pretttty pretty sure it can be done)

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Gwar chat Mike Derks aka Balsac The Jaws of Death was just diagnosed with a rare blood cancer.
Say a prayer to the trukk for his speedy recovery.
https://www.revolvermag.com/music/gwar-guitarist-diagnosed-life-threatening-blood-cancer

Thumposaurus fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 29, 2017

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I used to live a few blocks from Dave Brockie. Dude had a very well maintained yard and a really nicely painted cape cod.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snowy posted:

Hey Dick are you going to have a mailing address that'll be good in a few weeks or is that asking too much? I'm sorta work pals with the Sexecutioner and I'd like to get him to send you something. (Not working w him right now but pretttty pretty sure it can be done)

He split threads, try askinghere.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Jealous Cow posted:

I used to live a few blocks from Dave Brockie. Dude had a very well maintained yard and a really nicely painted cape cod.

I've got some friends that were in the Slave Pit and did a lot of their tech stuff... they took his death really hard. :(

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
I'll be at the Gwar / Ghoul show in Lawrence KS in a week. Going to take my 65 year old dad with me and will be the second Ghoul show Ive dragged him to. He's metal as gently caress for not being into metal somehow, and he likes a few songs from the new Gwar. That and I told him I'd buy his ticket and a mixed drink like the last time.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Let me know if I can help with Dick's trip to Denver. I'm in Boulder but will gladly fetch him from the airport/bus depot/Amazon locker once he arrives.

I'll feed and do my best to help out otherwise, too.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

19 o'clock posted:

Let me know if I can help with Dick's trip to Denver. I'm in Boulder but will gladly fetch him from the airport/bus depot/Amazon locker once he arrives.

Dicks gonna grind is choad off pedal pumping his way to the mile high city

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

19 o'clock posted:

Probably best to follow him in his new thread then

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838764

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Thanks! I'll cross post.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

It just me or does it seem like Rockauto is taking a really long time to ship things now?

Anyways, got some parts in, and got back work on the truck.
Got the exhaust all properly run and everything!

:discourse:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ExplodingSims posted:

It just me or does it seem like Rockauto is taking a really long time to ship things now?

sensual

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It’s still surreal seeing the Trukk not sitting in a field.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ExplodingSims posted:

Just keep it strapped there like some kind of automotive colostomy bag.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Please tell me that box contains a bunch of packing peanuts stuffed between two pieces of glass

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ExplodingSims posted:

So you're just gonna toss the box into the bed, right?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

So you're just gonna toss the box into the bed, right?

Right next to the gas tank seems like a good place for exhaust to dump

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm curious what the state of the wiring is in. I remember the first time Dave had to leave the truck he was scrambling just to get it started and he posted a pretty disturbing photo of the wiring job. Questionable automotive wiring terrifies me more than death.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
not now death i have an intermittent electrical problem in my vehicle!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

IIRC, I think most of Dave's wiring was a stopgap to get it running. Mostly ECU wiring, plus I think he had wired in the van's cluster. Remember, this was originally a 6 volt truck; I don't think any of the original wiring on the truck is connected; if it is, it's probably just for lights (with the lights swapped for 12 volt versions).

I'm sure Painless either has something ready to go, or can put something together. The original electrical was pretty simple to begin with, the most complicated part was probably the ammeter (if it has one). A roll your own solution would be to grab a fuse box out of a TBI Chevy van, if Dave didn't use the one from the donor van already - Chevy kept the vans pretty drat simple until the Express came out (:argh: GM LAN :argh:). I wouldn't want to trust the original wiring anyway; I'm sure it's all rotten at this point.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

um excuse me posted:

So I'm curious what the state of the wiring is in. I remember the first time Dave had to leave the truck he was scrambling just to get it started and he posted a pretty disturbing photo of the wiring job. Questionable automotive wiring terrifies me more than death.

My buddy rewired his boat a couple years ago. With speaker wire.

When I discovered this I cursed him out for about 15 minutes because I know I'm gonna have to rewire his loving boat for my peace of mind.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jesus Christ

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

NitroSpazzz posted:

Right next to the gas tank seems like a good place for exhaust to dump

I'm sure he can throw a moving blanket back there or something.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Fermented Tinal posted:

When I discovered this I cursed him out for about 15 minutes because I know I'm gonna have to rewire his loving boat for my peace of mind.

If you're in the US, here's the best source for marine wire/terminals/heat shrink: https://www.genuinedealz.com (yes, it's a horrible website name, but their stuff is really good and well-priced)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fermented Tinal posted:

What the gently caress. I don't understand people that refuse to do even basic research on how to do something, even to double check to make sure what you're doing is correct or not. Other than a fire on a plane, fire on a boat is the worst possible situation you could be in, how do you not have that in the back of your mind? I cease to be amazed by this kind of poo poo.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

sharkytm posted:

If you're in the US, here's the best source for marine wire/terminals/heat shrink: https://www.genuinedealz.com (yes, it's a horrible website name, but their stuff is really good and well-priced)

Oh man, thanks for this. I'm going to have do some wiring in the 240SX and probably on the Gorester.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, that's awesome. Guess I know where the rest of the electrical stuff is coming from!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

sharkytm posted:

Alas and alack, I am a Soviet Canuckistani, but I have my sources. Still, I'll keep this place in mind.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Wrar posted:

Oh man, thanks for this. I'm going to have do some wiring in the 240SX and probably on the Gorester.

They're awesome for battery cables, too. Just order the cable, terminals, and heatshrink from them, and they'll crimp and heatshrink each terminal for $1. I had them make up a bunch when I was re-wiring one of our research boats. So much nicer than doing it on-site, so long as you can measure correctly.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Alas and alack, I am a Soviet Canuckistani, but I have my sources. Still, I'll keep this place in mind.
If you're doing an entire boat, it may be cheaper to import it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

sharkytm posted:

If you're doing an entire boat, it may be cheaper to import it.

I have to convince him to let me do it first. He believes it's totally okay because there haven't been any problems so far. I may have to mechanically stress a few splices until something starts smoking to make him realize that he should let me fix his boat.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I bought a thing because I have poor impulse control BECAUSE TRUKK :buddy:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ExplodingSims posted:

I bought a thing because I have poor impulse control BECAUSE TRUKK :buddy: