Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did Zelda stop getting posted I think I've only seen it like twice in the past few weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I would love to see more Zelda.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Kit Walker posted:

Sure looks that way. The two aren't comparable, either. Val is a cool comic but it's high fantasy and has nothing to do with politics at all.

He says, right after seeing an example of said comic with the white main character defending native Americans against Mongolians with a black man by his side. Seriously, you can admit to not getting it, but saying Prince Val isn't political is a bit much.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So it is a Zelda protest...

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

gowb posted:

He says, right after seeing an example of said comic with the white main character defending native Americans against Mongolians with a black man by his side. Seriously, you can admit to not getting it, but saying Prince Val isn't political is a bit much.

please post the Illustrated Classics version of To Kill A Mockingbird next, tia

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So it is a Zelda protest...

I like Zelda too...

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
People whining about a zelda protest sure are fuckin rich seeing how hoighty and defensive they get about zelda in the first place.

That said, where has Zelda been?

Playstation 4 fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 3, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Id like to think its a drunky duck protest

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This thread got weird.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Pants Donkey posted:

This thread got weird.

I cant post any dick by dick till i get home to save it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

gowb posted:

:what:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

This was a good thread

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No, then they'd be posting Family Circus or Garfield.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Prince Val is being posted as some sort of weird protest against Zelda, right

Zetsubou-san posted:

seems to be some sort of strange blue man group protest about both zelda and first dog

Rigged Death Trap posted:

MelvinBison posted:

No, then they'd be posting Family Circus or Garfield.

Ok I'm confused, can you guys please figure out exactly what I'm protesting so I can get back to it. Thanks, love gowby.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

If you actually agreed that AL Qaeda was bad, your issue would be that you think there must be a way to fight them with less civilian risk (There is not, but whatever). But you don't think that. So therefore, what you see is the good and virtuous Al Qaeda who are sacrificing themselves to protect children from the eeevil Obama and his attempt to murder children.
Sorry Dick Cheney, that's not what it means at all.

The US has been slaughtering Arabs for 16 years and it has only destabilized the region and increased terrorism. The US murder campaign is not a loving charity, and murdering more kids in Yemen is not going to end Al Qaeda. The US military strategy for the past decade and a half is wholly incapable of achieving the humanitarian ends you want, even if the US government were competent enough to carry out an effective strategy which it demonstrably is not, even if those in charge of US policy shared your humanitarian goals which they definitely do not. The US is best friends with plenty of killers and mass murderers, if Al Qaeda were committing its atrocities in a way that furthered US foreign policy goals and the profits of US corporations they would be our best friends and you'd be bloviating about how the atrocities they commit with the weapons we're giving them aren't our fault just like you are with the Saudis.

Fulchrum posted:

I like how you didn't notice you just managed to skullfuck your own "THEY'RE BLOWING UP KIDS!" hysteria. As well as you conveniently leaving out that this is accounting only for cases wherein these are people killed alongside high ranking Al Qaeda members. Their logic is highly imperfect and questionable, but of course, since you're a disingenuous shithead, you're going to claim they're just blowing up anyone they see and then claiming they're militants.

You quoted fake statistics to try to show that the civilian casualties aren't that bad, my showing that they were bullshit destroys your argument not mine. As well, it's pretty rich to throw around words like disingenuous when you apparently knew the CIA numbers were fake and you parroted them anyway hoping that I didn't.

They're not blowing up "anyone they see" and counting them, they're targeting individuals they believe are terrorists and then counting anyone whose balls have dropped who happened to be in the way as terrorists too, which is great for the official numbers, really makes the statistics look great when half the bystanders you casually dispatch get to be retroactively classified as terrorists.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 3, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Panel 3 is an Ernest in Jail flashback. Thanks bad reporter :)

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

That first panel :five:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Political correctness is a modern American scourge.

Even in the face of mass murder, pearl clutching Leftists such as Chuck Schumer feel compelled to lecture us about the virtues and necessity of allowing into our country an endless chain of young Muslim men.

They mostly originate from troubled, war-torn countries. Common sense suggests we should at least carefully check out those who may be determined to come to America to commit acts of terrorism, but the politically correct are more concerned with virtue signaling. They can’t even bring themselves to call the murderers “Muslim,” because they’re so afraid of being called “Islamophobic.” Jake Tapper even called the cry, “Allahu Akbar” a beautiful phrase, even though it’s often uttered by Muslim terrorists as they commit their heinous acts.

Apparently Islam is above criticism now. Obama (probably a Muslim himself) began forcing it upon our country and now we increasingly need to change American culture to favor the religion of Muhammad. Muslims will soon outnumber Jews in this country. Will Sharia Law replace the Constitution? If that happens, we may as well toss a burka over the Statue of Liberty.

Political correctness is also responsible for our statues being torn down and patriots being labeled “nationalists.”

If you’re white and a patriot, you’ll be called a “white nationalist” and then a “Nazi.” It sounds ludicrous, but that’s today’s reality. Conservative blacks who love the USA will be smeared as “Uncle Toms” or “race traitors.” Jews of all political persuasions will be attacked regardless. Christians are routinely smeared and accused of racism, homophobia, Islamophobia and being anti-abortion.

Christianity is hated, while Islam gets a pass. It seems illogical, but it’s about destroying what’s left of American patriotism and replace our culture with a George Soros vision of globalism. Hence their promotion of the endless, feculent immigration.

Thank goodness President Trump is not politically correct. He wants to stop importing our enemies. For that he endures the usual insults and names tossed at him by the virtue signaling left.

—Ben Garrison

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Lol. Just a stream of identical racist caricatures.

I really hate being on the side of history that has to argue against "keeping us safe from turrists." It's not fair.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"feculent immigration"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

but, like, a booga booga Muslim came into this country and killed people, so the Trump-Slap-O-Matic would appear to not be working, no?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

quote:

If you’re white and a patriot, you’ll be called a “white nationalist” and then a “Nazi.”
Then you start making comics for your accusers.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
"conservative blacks" :thumbsup:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ben Garrison is inadvertently producing comedy gold.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Even extreme vetting can’t stop terror from entering our country. A Good Cartoon.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Why is Trump wearing the NFL logo?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Islamic Scourge emerging from the North Pole

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
STOP!
USA
CRACK!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I wonder what will happen to Garrison when/if Trump is impeached or found guilty of Treason.

Will he lament the loss of his beautiful arian superman? Go radio silent? Double down on how the PC Police and Hillary are the real traitors? Turn his comics into an Oz-style serial where Trump becomes the most beloved prisoner of all time? Drop all the pretense and write all the Trump x Garrison fanfiction his comics really want to be?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I wonder what will happen to Garrison when/if Trump is impeached or found guilty of Treason.

Will he lament the loss of his beautiful arian superman? Go radio silent? Double down on how the PC Police and Hillary are the real traitors? Turn his comics into an Oz-style serial where Trump becomes the most beloved prisoner of all time? Drop all the pretense and write all the Trump x Garrison fanfiction his comics really want to be?

He'll absolutely blame the deep state.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Those scales have woeful caricatures. Look at that Reagan. Look at that Nixon!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
How come Bush looks like Kush?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Those Bushes, man

Those are some terrible Bushes

and the caricatures are pretty bad too hiyooooo

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Trump tweets a kneejerk incorrect thing.

Garrison : Trump-sempai is literally stopping terror :swoon:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Someone should tell Baghdad Ben that the terrorist used a truck, which would have no trouble going through Trump's LARGE HAND gate.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

:discourse:

• Locked thread