Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Arcsquad12 posted:

08th MS Team is the only show with realistic ages, oddly enough.
Once again, we forget Gundam Build Fighters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This is apparently from Battlogue, so I guess it's going to show up in the next episode.

I really like that design.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Tulalip Tulips posted:

At least Treize is like 27.

More like 24, iirc. But still.

Zechs is 19.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is apparently from Battlogue, so I guess it's going to show up in the next episode.

Yeah that's rad, I might have to order one so it can sit in the box on my shelf next to the others I still need to build.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

chumbler posted:

Yeah that's rad, I might have to order one so it can sit in the box on my shelf next to the others I still need to build.

You've officially become a true gunpla modeller when you've reached this stage.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

So that’s... a GN-X designed to look like a Batalla from Crossbone? I think?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
At some point I should try gunpla, if only to have something rad to put on my desk at work (and have it broken by a small child).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tulalip Tulips posted:

At some point I should try gunpla, if only to have something rad to put on my desk at work (and have it broken by a small child).

If you're not doing filing/sanding of nubs or panel lining you can put an HG together in like an hour or two. Just do it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I put together this sucker in roughly an hour, maybe a bit more, and he was ten bucks on amazon and the only tool I used were these nippers.

In other words, get into gunpla! Easy, fun, you wind up with cute robots that you can pose and put on your desk or shelves. :D

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

chumbler posted:

Yeah basically just add 10 years unless they are literally a child or still clearly in school. Treize and Une could have been mid 30s at least pretty easily. Likewise with most of the SEED adults.

...Yeah, no. At least in regards to SEED. Murrue and Natarle are 25 (along with at least one other member of the adult bridge crew) and Mu's 28. All of those are incredibly reasonable ages for how the show presents them along with their actual rank. Add 10 years onto them, or even 5, and keep everything else the same, and having them have basically no clue how to run the bridge, or still be Lts, looks utterly pathetic. Likewise, Mu at nearly 40 would probably have been reassigned as a training instructor rather than kept on the frontlines as an ace pilot. On the other side Waltfeld is 30, which given that Coordinators haven't been around that long to begin with is again pretty reasonable.

As a whole, ages for adults in SEED are some of the most reasonable in the entire series - or hell even most anime. It may have a bunch of problems, but that isn't one of them. The ages of the various main protagonists is a different matter, though in the same range of all other Gundam MCs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

So that’s... a GN-X designed to look like a Batalla from Crossbone? I think?

It's called "Striker GN-X" apparently.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I put together this sucker in roughly an hour, maybe a bit more, and he was ten bucks on amazon and the only tool I used were these nippers.

In other words, get into gunpla! Easy, fun, you wind up with cute robots that you can pose and put on your desk or shelves. :D
Welcome to the cheapest 'oh god where did all my money go' hobby! :toot:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Welcome to the cheapest 'oh god where did all my money go' hobby! :toot:

Between this and steam and buying anime bluray sets....

...at least I get a lot of stuff to entertain myself with inbetween checks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you've seen Build Fighters I'm surprised you had not already succumbed.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

chumbler posted:

If you've seen Build Fighters I'm surprised you had not already succumbed.

I've seen four episodes of it...that I watched after I bought my first two kits. :v:

bingsu
Aug 10, 2017

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've seen four episodes of it...that I watched after I bought my first two kits. :v:

Excellent. It's working even before you've watched it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Being a Gundam fan was never more expensive than the days when Wing dvds cost 30 dollars for 3 episodes

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Tae posted:

Being a Gundam fan was never more expensive than the days when Wing dvds cost 30 dollars for 3 episodes

My grandma made me work at her daycare to pay for those dvds, starting in 7th grade when I really wanted the the model kits. Once I earned enough she still wouldn't let me get the kits because "they were for boys".

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ypPxXX6rs

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kind of a nothing episode this time. I guess even the BF ones can have failures, but this was the most boring episode to date.

Also I can't take the name Serio, well, seriously. Mario and Julio are real names (although they feel very weird in a near-future setting, considering they're old people names even now) but Serio is just...no one in their right mind would name their kid Serio.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Build Fighters good, Build Fighters Try bad continues to be a solid pattern.

The Renato Brothers are such wonderful tryhards.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it is kinda hosed up that Kawaguchi ruined their fun

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I love this stupid series so much. :allears:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Kind of a nothing episode this time. I guess even the BF ones can have failures, but this was the most boring episode to date.

Also I can't take the name Serio, well, seriously. Mario and Julio are real names (although they feel very weird in a near-future setting, considering they're old people names even now) but Serio is just...no one in their right mind would name their kid Serio.

The joke was how seriously they were taking an increasingly ridiculous situation. It was drier than GBF’s usual fare, but still funny. I cracked up when the PG Exia showed up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just lol if you don't wear an appropriately themed flight suit to gunpla battle.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The Renato Brothers are such wonderful tryhards.

As stupid as the third episode was, I kind of liked it. I mean, the villain was the angry ghosts of all the unbuilt Acguy heads in Bearguy kits.

The second episode is the only one so far I'd call an outright loser.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does anybody recognize the Gundam with the giant hand?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Guy Goodbody posted:

Cyclonus, the warrior...and his Armada!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Darth Walrus posted:

The hole in this theory is that the gunpla magical girls episode was genuinely the most earnestly fun of all the episodes so far.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Uh, yeah: when it was 30 for 2 eps on a vhs.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think it's a custom Justice or Infinite Justice.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DamnGlitch posted:

Uh, yeah: when it was 30 for 2 eps on a vhs.
Two? Jeez, even the Pokemon VHSs had three episodes per tape.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

2 per tape was pretty standard for a while afaik. Took me about 3 years to collect and watch Evangelion as a young man.

Ovas often had 1 per tape.

Anime is a harsh mistress.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Meijin was being a real dick, the renato's were having fun and trying to make a realistic gundam scene and then he has to go and bring the pg exia into it. Gunpla is freedom to troll people, I guess. :colbert:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Why they mad anyway, they got a legit victory over the Meijin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Meijin piloting a PG, no less. Were they in HGs? Cause drat.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Clearly it’s Dragonar 1.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Random question: Is Kamille the only Gundam MC to design his own suit?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Amuro got to design one of his own, as I recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Unless we’re counting Sei, yeah. :v: