Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

I can't comprehend people who think taking one or two weeks off of IRL work for video game epeen is a good idea, and this is coming from an avid and lethargic game lover. If they had at least streamed it (or even posted teasers like Momo has been doing) that would've made it fun for everyone, but instead they went radio-silent, failed utterly, ran out of time, and despite the apparent "don't give rival groups hints" attitude other groups have caught up to them anyway. They tied their own noose and I find it hard to pity them.

Remember kids, plan around real life, not through it. The thirty minutes of fame isn't worth it.

Not very many people get a chance to be the first in the world to do something. For them this is their chance and they tried. I think it's cool to get a world first at something quite a few people are competing in :shrug:. Theres also the fact that once they are done if it had taken 1 week they would have spent a lot less time on the fight in the long run compared to everyone else who is going 8-20 hours a week for multiple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just finished the Level 60 Summoner/Scholar quests last night.

Summoner: I like how Lahabrea's understudies think they can succeed where their master failed. I mean come on now.

Scholar: Tonberries wearing the outfits of Job Classes are cute. :3: Did we really need three tanks for that mission, though? Could've swapped two of them out for two DPSes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looks like when you reach the phase where Twintania and Nael are on the field concurrently while Bahamut charges his Teraflare, they still have the majority of their mechanics from phases 1 and 2, so you're guiding hatches to the right places and either spreading for chariot/gathering for thermionic beam, spreading liquid hells. There's at least one new mechanic during the phase too, I believe. There's no brakes on that train.

Also, it broke for one team

https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingShinySalsifyDoubleRainbow

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 3, 2017

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

She explains the fight using strats that are geared for under geared raiders which the majority using her guides will not be.

She’s outright said this when teaching the current savage tier on her stream too.

I forget which mechanics though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Looks like when you reach the phase where Twintania and Nael are on the field concurrently while Bahamut charges his Teraflare, they still have the majority of their mechanics from phases 1 and 2, so you're guiding hatches to the right places and either spreading for chariot/gathering for thermionic beam, spreading liquid hells. There's at least one new mechanic during the phase too, I believe. There's no brakes on that train.

Well, dying is a brake I guess.

Then Phoenix says get up there’s still more fight!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Odd question:

For Sophia farming parties, is there any particular reason not to take Surecast, especially as a healer? What I usually do is swap Protect out for Surecast just to give me an emergency/lazy button for the tilts but I've never seen anyone else doing it so I'm just not clear if there's some drastic reason I should avoid it beyond "Well you can just do the mechanics" which loses a little sometime when half the parties have people slide off the edge anyway.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Odd question:

For Sophia farming parties, is there any particular reason not to take Surecast, especially as a healer? What I usually do is swap Protect out for Surecast just to give me an emergency/lazy button for the tilts but I've never seen anyone else doing it so I'm just not clear if there's some drastic reason I should avoid it beyond "Well you can just do the mechanics" which loses a little sometime when half the parties have people slide off the edge anyway.

Most healers probably learned the fight when surecast wasn’t like tempered will.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

As a Red Mage, I replace Displacement with Surecast and laugh in the daughter's face.

Unless she's dashing or using laser beams.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Surecast is like a 30 second cooldown right? You could ignore every tilt with it so no reason not to take it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, she probably does a tilt based attack every 60 seconds or something around that range.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

She tilts slightly too fast to use Arm's Length every time. Ask me how I found this out!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Surecast is like a 30 second cooldown right? You could ignore every tilt with it so no reason not to take it.

Yeah it’s really good in o4s too.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Stormgale posted:

Not sure the joke here.

quote:

hey you bald rear end bitch 😠😠😠 i tell u in whisper but lets show u up infront of ur meme chat poo poo lords 😤😤, mtq has 80k more subs than u and makes regular content with high level 👌👌, u just stare at camera with ur balding eagle🐓🐓🐓 mel gibson bravehart ginger fuckface 😂😂😂 and talk at camera u could never appreciate the quality ✊💦💦 in her videos 💯💯💯💯 and this is why she best in community mr edgy rock music middle aged 💀💀 ginger oval office, MTQ army destroyed u

This is why the mtq stuff is funny imo. Xeno took a little shot at her in a guide and some of her way too attached, creepy obsessed fans went into turbo meltdown mode. Now it's just a running joke to bait those people.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
think like the console wars but with people and the stakes are somehow even lower which makes people getting mad over it even more pathetic

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

Odd question:

Does it actually work? Someone told me it doesn't cause the knock back is technically environmental and not via an attack but I've never tried.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Velthice posted:

This is why the mtq stuff is funny imo. Xeno took a little shot at her in a guide and some of her way too attached, creepy obsessed fans went into turbo meltdown mode. Now it's just a running joke to bait those people.

Dunno, seems like you're riling them up by repeating kinda stupid complaints from dumb beard warrior man.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rascyc posted:

Does it actually work? Someone told me it doesn't cause the knock back is technically environmental and not via an attack but I've never tried.

Can't see why it wouldn't work, considering Tempered Will did.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Stormgale posted:

Dunno, seems like you're riling them up by repeating kinda stupid complaints from dumb beard warrior man.

lol sounds like you've got a better grasp on my posting history than I do friend. don't worry that's not weird or anything. anyway I switched to text guides like a year or two ago now, I don't care who you watch, I just think people getting mad is funny

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rascyc posted:

It works. There isn't really an environment effect, just a knockback velocity and a direction. And probably an "unavoidable" flag for specific attacks.

I think the platform itself does not actually move, instead it's a camera/skybox effect timed with the knockback to make it look like the platform moved.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Stormgale posted:

His beard is pretty good, actually.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Thundarr posted:

I think the platform itself does not actually move, instead it's a camera/skybox effect timed with the knockback to make it look like the platform moved.

This is correct. They talked about it on a dev panel in regards to leviathan and his body slams. Sophia uses the same trick, and is even made by the same guy I'm pretty sure.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rascyc posted:

I can assure you that it works on both the tilt and the daughter.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh that's really cool, thanks~

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
feel like no one is getting riled up beyond making a hot take or a joke at her expense.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What I don't actually know is how pulls are related to knockbacks. For example, Kelpie in Skalla has both, but Arm's Length only seems to let me ignore the kb. So I'm not sure if they are mechanically different effects, or weirdness with negative kb values.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stormgale posted:

Why's that bad?

Because those videos are poo poo and wrong.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bleu posted:

Because those videos are poo poo and wrong.

How are Mizzteq's Videos wrong friend?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i found it... the worst glamour...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Thundarr posted:

What I don't actually know is how pulls are related to knockbacks. For example, Kelpie in Skalla has both, but Arm's Length only seems to let me ignore the kb. So I'm not sure if they are mechanically different effects, or weirdness with negative kb values.

Draw ins are the same as knockbacks in that some are not avoidable.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i found it... the worst glamour...

I am forever baffled by cat people wearing fox ears, wolf ears whatever. Like how many ears do you need?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Velthice posted:

I am forever baffled by cat people wearing fox ears, wolf ears whatever. Like how many ears do you need?

Furry nesting dolls.
Did she leave off the pants on purpose?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the short skirt was clearly not revealing enough

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Velthice posted:

In fairness, the wolf set hides your existing ears and tail, while the fox ears do not and you end up with two sets of ears. I really like the wolf costume for my monk, makes me feel feral :shobon:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I'll give you the wolf ears, but I sometimes think ffxiv players will remain deeply unsatisfied until their their character looks like this or something similar

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Draw ins are the same as knockbacks in that some are not avoidable.

That would just raise more questions about why one of Kelpie's moves is avoidable and the other not!

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I beat Stormblood, it was pretty good. Now I'm in the endgame and oh man this is just as boring as I remembered!! A true shame

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Oh yeah and the cross class system was bad but the new role system is also bad because there are only 5 slots and I want to take rescue AND protect because random parties literally will not start moving until you give them protect because holy poo poo I hate this game!!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SL the Pyro posted:

I can't comprehend people who think taking one or two weeks off of IRL work for video game epeen is a good idea, and this is coming from an avid and lethargic game lover. If they had at least streamed it (or even posted teasers like Momo has been doing) that would've made it fun for everyone, but instead they went radio-silent, failed utterly, ran out of time, and despite the apparent "don't give rival groups hints" attitude other groups have caught up to them anyway. They tied their own noose and I find it hard to pity them.

Remember kids, plan around real life, not through it. The thirty minutes of fame isn't worth it.

Lots of people take time off work to do things that they enjoy.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stormgale posted:

How are Mizzteq's Videos wrong friend?

this is low-stakes as hell but some of mtq's guides in creator straight up ignored phases because angered killed the boss early and mtq never bothered to double-check with anyone else. the first version of the a9s guide didn't have anything after the attack where you had to mini yourself, iirc.

e: i think the first version of the a5s guide also didn't mention the bomb phase after chimera, though if you were seeing that mechanic you were pretty screwed anyway

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Thundarr posted:

That would just raise more questions about why one of Kelpie's moves is avoidable and the other not!

Prior to the patch, I'm pretty sure both of them were avoidable with Surecast. I ended up pretty baffled when I could dodge the push reliably but not the pull when I ran Skalla again recently.