Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Woody Allen has already been accused of molesting his own children

I mean... he has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Anyone want to start taking bets on how long it takes for Woody Allen to be accused? it's got to be a matter of time at this rate.

You're just a little late on that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

We play these veterans from like Afghanistan, Iraq war or whatever
Thomas Jane fuckin' owns.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thomas Jane sounds like he'd be fun to get drunk with.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Maybe accused was the wrong word. I mean actually held accountable for all the heinous poo poo he's done and publicly dragged through the mud, a la Wienstien and co.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 3, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

GrandpaPants posted:

So everyone in that cast was party to a crime that someone is blackmailing them for, right? Like this is a Movie 43 situation again right?
Eh Perlman is not really picky with his roles if he gets paid

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Pottersville sounds like the new Paint Your Wagon.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wonder if all of this Weinstein/Rattner/Spacey stuff bothering Corey Feldman.

"Stop that! I'm trying to grift here!"
*Reveals that Victor Salva is a child molester and asks for a million dollars.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Detective No. 27 posted:

Thomas Jane sounds like he'd be fun to get drunk with.

You really need to see Give'Em Hell Malone.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Maybe accused was the wrong word. I mean actually held accountable for all the heinous poo poo he's done and publicly dragged through the mud, a la Wienstien and co.

Except for the held accountable part all this happened several times already. The accusations/defenses did make big news several times over the years.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

For a minute I thought Thomas Jane was explaining the backstory for The Punisher, which strangely also seemed to work.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tomas Jane takes over Michael Keaton's role in the remake of The Dream Team, and this time around they fight Predators at the end.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

I wonder if all of this Weinstein/Rattner/Spacey stuff bothering Corey Feldman.

"Stop that! I'm trying to grift here!"
*Reveals that Victor Salva is a child molester and asks for a million dollars.

I'm sorry, huh?!?!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh Perlman is not really picky with his roles if he gets paid

Apparently he's the film's producer too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Anyone want to start taking bets on how long it takes for Woody Allen to be accused? it's got to be a matter of time at this rate.

I would be so loving hyped if Disaster Artist actually wins. For real, that would be some next level poetic irony.

Well I mean, he already was

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GrandpaPants posted:

How has Jared Leto not been outed yet?

gently caress if I know, I can personally confirm that as of 12 or so years ago he was trying to gently caress underage goth girls after giving them backstage passes to his horrible band

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

precision posted:

gently caress if I know, I can personally confirm that as of 12 or so years ago he was trying to gently caress underage goth girls after giving them backstage passes to his horrible band

Strangely enough, I can also confirm this - though secondhand.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

Strangely enough, I can also confirm this - though secondhand.

At that time he was a raging heroin addict too, which makes it kind of baffling, as opiates completely kill your sex drive.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I'm sorry, huh?!?!
Corey Feldman keeps teasing that he wants to blow the lid off of pedophiles in Hollywood. He says he's got dirt on dangerous predators who are still working. The catch is he can't just tell you who they are, he wants a bunch of money to make a documentary to tell you who they are.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Leto rumours have been swirling for years at this point. Lots of people out there say he likes young girls. I don't know if his band ever had particularly young fans, they always sounded like a safe emo band doing U2 covers. I was in high school during the My Chemical Romance era and no one cared about 30 Seconds To Mars.

precision posted:

At that time he was a raging heroin addict too, which makes it kind of baffling, as opiates completely kill your sex drive.

Was he actually a heroin addict or did he simply play one? I think he's definitely done a bag of drugs, but I'm not seeing him as a heroin user at any point.

edit: I fully believe the rumours that he's done some dodgy poo poo

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Corey Feldman keeps teasing that he wants to blow the lid off of pedophiles in Hollywood. He says he's got dirt on dangerous predators who are still working. The catch is he can't just tell you who they are, he wants a bunch of money to make a documentary to tell you who they are.

I was convinced that I had read your post wrong, because it seemed like too scummy of an opinion to express publicly and casually.

But nope, I read it right and your just a colossal piece of poo poo.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
But, Corey Feldman does in fact want a bunch of money to tell who the predators are:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/corey-feldman-s-truth-campaign#/

That he was abused certainly seems to be true, but it doesn't stop him from sounding like an insane conspiracy theorist.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

So how about them movies?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fartbox posted:

So how about them movies?

what movies?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
there are no longer movies, only rapist showcases

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Thanks to all the press about Hollywood scumbags it looks like The Church of Scientology might not be able to squelch the 5-6 rape investigations against Danny Masterson anymore.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

well why not posted:

Was he actually a heroin addict or did he simply play one?

I've seen him shoot up with my own two eyes. Same time he was trying to gently caress the underage co-worker of a friend of mine (well, he was trying to gently caress them both, but only one was under 18)

It kills me a little bit because My So-Called Life was incredibly good

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Did you see the press bit about Sony's latest earnings? Looks like Spider-man Homecoming led them to have huge earnings last quarter (along with the PS4).

A huge change from even a year ago.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
At this point they might realise they should just sit back and let Marvel make movies for them.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Shageletic posted:

Did you see the press bit about Sony's latest earnings? Looks like Spider-man Homecoming led them to have huge earnings last quarter (along with the PS4).

A huge change from even a year ago.

Imagine the world were Homecoming fell through, but that smilie movie brought in money.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

precision posted:

Well, here's a fitting bit from the Ankler in this regard:

quote:

IN THE EXCLUSION ZONE

The big question now is no longer "who’s next?" That question seems to be answering itself. Everyone. Everyone will be next.

Lots of little to medium-sized to now somewhat big names are coming out. And the standards of what is needed for a takedown are falling by the hour.

The very biggest names unfortunately take time. Given how well people with all the resources in the world in this business are able to cover up their misdeeds – the armies of courtiers trailing behind, each writing checks and making things right – these stories are very hard to tell, even with the mobs roaming the streets. It’s one thing for Andy Dick's or James Toback’s victims to come forward, but even after the explosion, a titan of Hollywood is still a fearsome thing, with a lot of carrots and sticks at their disposal.

We’re living in this strange in-between moment, when no one knows quite how far this will go; how much the inertia of the old order will be able to withstand the pressure. Even after the fall of the Bastille, four long years passed before the execution of Louis XVI, and in that period, things could’ve worked out lots of ways. Had Louis been any kind of leader at all, they very well might have worked out lots of ways, a lesson our leadership currently hiding in the Carlsbad Caverns might take to heart.

So right now, we’ve got Harvey Weinstein, Roy Price, Brett Ratner, Kevin Spacey, Jeremey Piven, James Toback, Andy Dick, the Lionsgate guy, and a handful of agents. This is the low hanging fruit. We’ll see how high up the tree the revolution can get, but there are major journalistic investigations swirling around and they are definitely pointed northward of Andy Dick and James Toback.

Does anyone doubt that we haven’t even scratched the tip of the iceberg here. If we’re getting into underage accusations, let’s start with anyone who toured with a rock band circa 1965 - 1985, and work our way forward from there. There are plenty of circles in this town where cultivation of bacchanalian liberties have always been central. The possibility that in these circles, extremely powerful people who felt they were immune from any sort of basic standards of behavior, with unlimited access to young people desperate to break into this industry – throw in a smattering of drugs and alcohol here and there, a docile media, corporations devoted to covering their tracks – I think we might find out a lot of lines got crossed a lot of times.

What do you do with all these people? For starters, we’ve built up this whole infrastructure of milking every bit of blood out of every ounce of fame and prestige we’ve created: awards upon awards, banquets, endorsements, footprints, stars in the sidewalks, not to mention every kind of commercial endorsement and public appearance you can dream of.

So now we get the spectacle as one by one every single group will be called on to renounce its members, strip their membership, deny them of awards, and take away old awards and honors. Is the Venice Free Clinic or GLAAD or the Kamala Harris campaign, for instance, going to be called on to blot out of the honorary fundraising chair title bestowed for some banquet? Stars chiseled off the sidewalk? Condo complexes in the middle of Nevada demanding their appearance fee back?

As one Ankler friend/industry vet wrote to me:

quote:

The thing is though, every single beloved A-list rock star of the 70's had sex with girls who were younger than 16 all the time. They don't even deny it. In the 80's it happened with actors and rock stars. In the 90's it lessened. However it also started to pick up with men and boys. I think you could get rid of 200 horrible sex predators and then what does Hollywood do? Never work with any of them again? Kick them all off these boards and out of guilds?

Where will this all go? Well it’s not ending anytime soon. The victims are now realizing they can speak out. Soon those who signed papers will realize that no one is going to sue you for breaking an NDA to speak up about abuse. There is no way in this climate a studio is going to go to court to make someone honor their agreement and shut the hell up about a harasser on their payroll.

http://us14.campaign-archive.com/?u=a1cc68ef58c8686209b7d066e&id=ad0d4cf2e8

Decius fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 3, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

precision posted:

I've seen him shoot up with my own two eyes. Same time he was trying to gently caress the underage co-worker of a friend of mine (well, he was trying to gently caress them both, but only one was under 18)

It kills me a little bit because My So-Called Life was incredibly good

Wow, what a cool guy he is.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

Imagine the world were Homecoming fell through, but that smilie movie brought in money.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=theemojimovie.htm
Domestic: $85,799,685 40.5%
+ Foreign: $125,891,285 59.5%
= Worldwide: $211,690,970
Opening Weekend: $24,531,923

Is that not bringing in the money?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

well why not posted:

Wow, what a cool guy he is.

I thought "Jared Leto is a tool" was well known, not just because of the stuff I said!

e: I would challenge the assertion that "every" rock star had sex with girls under 16. The vast majority had sex with girls who were under 20 for sure, and most of them with girls under 18, but I sincerely believe there is such a thing as an ethical celebrity. I guess it depends on what the definition of an "A-list rock star" is though - if we're just talking about the Stones, Aerosmith, Zeppelin, the Beatles etc then sure

precision fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 3, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

IUG posted:

If they were expecting 400,000 it isn't (I don't know if that's what they were expecting, but ASM 2 was considered a flop after making 3/4 of a billion dollars).

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

IUG posted:

According to here the budget was a suspiciously round number of 50MM: http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Emoji-Movie-The#tab=summary

Double that for that omnipresent advertising campaign, and it did moderately well. But compare that to its competitors like Despicable Me and a hundred other CGI kid movies along with the relentless panning by critics, it doesn't come off too well.

I enjoyed this review from the variety comments, shows what you need to do well as a kids movie:

quote:

You know what? It was A LOT better than I had expected. It wasn’t great, but I laughed a handful of times, my six-year-old enjoyed it, bouncing up and down in his seat from time to time, and my two-year-old was good with watching emojis and eating fruit snacks.

High art it isn’t. A summer movie it is. When it’s 106 degrees outside at 2pm, and you have kids home for the summer to entertain, a visit to see The Emoji Movie with a cold drink and some 🍿 is a level up, and I have no shame in owning that.

e: also think about the deterioration involved with any sequel, which can modestly be posted as something like negative 50% in earnings for most movies.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

precision posted:

e: I would challenge the assertion that "every" rock star had sex with girls under 16. The vast majority had sex with girls who were under 20 for sure, and most of them with girls under 18, but I sincerely believe there is such a thing as an ethical celebrity. I guess it depends on what the definition of an "A-list rock star" is though - if we're just talking about the Stones, Aerosmith, Zeppelin, the Beatles etc then sure

Yeah I don't think we'll be seeing much come from the whole 80s rock scene.

1. Conservative media is lapping the Hollywood scandals up since it embarrasses Hollywood and the Democratic donor class. If the 80s rock scene, which skews more than a bit conservative, starts coming under attack you'll see places like Fox News and Breitbart start tearing into the accusers because;

2. The MA Supreme Court just handed down a ruling that private citizens that publicly accuse someone must meet the higher standards that public citizens have to meet for Libel and Slander suits, effectively giving the perpetrator's legal team carte blanche to smear anyone that comes forward.

I mean Courtney Love has been saying Ted Nugent had sex with her when she was 12 for years, can you imagine the awful things Fox will say about her when people remember that and start reporting it again?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I mean Courtney Love has been saying Ted Nugent had sex with her when she was 12 for years

:catstare:

Well that explains a lot.

e: also, not that it's a good argument or a good point, but a lot of people will trot out the whole "they were at a rock show and looked 18, plus the girls wanted it, the rock stars were not specifically hunting young girls what's the big deal" schtick. Like, there doesn't have to be an illegal age gap for something to be predatory and skeevy

precision fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 3, 2017

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
It's pretty easy to ruin all of rock and roll.
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/i-lost-my-virginity-to-david-bowie

"Starting from the age of 15, Lori Mattix ranked among the most desired of these so-called baby groupies who were helping to satisfy the sexual appetites of Jimmy Page, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, and others."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wyoming posted:

It's pretty easy to ruin all of rock and roll.
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/i-lost-my-virginity-to-david-bowie

"Starting from the age of 15, Lori Mattix ranked among the most desired of these so-called baby groupies who were helping to satisfy the sexual appetites of Jimmy Page, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, and others."

yeesh "most desired" "baby groupie" loving ew

• Locked thread