Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Monaghan posted:

Meijin was being a real dick, the renato's were having fun and trying to make a realistic gundam scene and then he has to go and bring the pg exia into it. Gunpla is freedom to troll people, I guess. :colbert:

Their vision of Gunpla was insufficiently free. The path to enlightenment is sometime a cruel one.

Plus, we know they’re professional players who aren’t very fun to play against, so as the Meijin, getting them to loosen up and accept other Gunpla philosophies is one of his responsibilities.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Seed/Seed Destiny has so many floating space boobs in it's opening song animations. Catchy song, suspicious anime tiddy physics. This is the main takeaway I got from that youtube compilation of all the Gundam openings.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Flit helped design/build the AGE-1 IIRC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Random question: Is Kamille the only Gundam MC to design his own suit?

No, Flit Asuno also helped designed the AGE-1 (and the AGE-2 and AGE-3 also) Amuro also came up with the Nu Gundam

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 3, 2017

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Seed/Seed Destiny has so many floating space boobs in it's opening song animations. Catchy song, suspicious anime tiddy physics. This is the main takeaway I got from that youtube compilation of all the Gundam openings.

Well now i gotta check out seed finally.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

DamnGlitch posted:

Look SEED is like an okay if sort of sugary retelling of original Gundam 0079 with some modern AU Gundam components thrown in. SEED Destiny is pure loving week to week fan fiction by the director and his wife which ruins its nice premise after about 10 episodes.

The titty physics are off the chart in that show though, possibly only rivaled by Sumeragi in 00.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 3, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

DamnGlitch posted:

Well, I do hate how horrible the faces look, but maybe those character designs aren't all bad.

Gundam SEED: the Butterface Brigade

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Seed also has Kira and Lacus actually bang while TM Revolution sings about it, right? My teenage brain didn't just make that up did it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kelly designed his own mobile armor, if that counts. And Norris redesigned the gouf custom to be piloted with only one hand.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

didn't watch the whole show but I'm pretty sure kira bangs the redhead girl

I think lacus is the pink haired girl?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Seed also has Kira and Lacus actually bang while TM Revolution sings about it, right? My teenage brain didn't just make that up did it?
We get some "after the act" semi pillowtalk with Kira and Flay if you wanna stretch the definition of pillowtalk. P sure the most Kira and his ~pure~ waifu ever did was exchange promise rings and look at eachother.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah Flay has this whole femme fatale-ish plot to guilt trip Kira into continuing to pilot the Gundam until he eventually is killed in battle. Sleeping with him is a part of that plan.

Actually its probably one of the more interesting ways SEED alters the 0079 premise, though it doesn't quite go anywhere really.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kelly designed his own mobile armor, if that counts. And Norris redesigned the gouf custom to be piloted with only one hand.

He's just repairing it, the Val-Varo is actually supposed to be another late war Zeon prototype weapon dealio that is an offshoot of the Bigro that incorporates Adzam tech.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Zedd posted:

We get some "after the act" semi pillowtalk with Kira and Flay if you wanna stretch the definition of pillowtalk. P sure the most Kira and his ~pure~ waifu ever did was exchange promise rings and look at eachother.

I actually think the seed movies showed Kira and Flay having sex, for some inexplicable reason. Guess Fudaka really wanted the viewer to know that Kira got laid.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Amuro and Sayla banged in the novels. Then Amuro died.

It would have been really weird if that happened in the show. I mean, they're probably about the same age, but Amuro is like a little kid and Sayla seems older and more mature. But you know how weird ages in anime is.

Amuro is probably my favorite Gundam protagonist, because he's a bratty little bitch in the beginning, then he matures and by the end of the show \ Zeta Gundam \ CCA he's really cool.

Actually that show had a lot of good characters. Bright was kind of an inexperienced, uptight unlikable rear end in a top hat at first, but then he becomes a good leader and overall cool dude. Bright and Amuro hated each other at first but later became good buddies. And then there's Kai, who was a gigantic rear end in a top hat, who also becomes a cool dude.

What I'm saying is First Gundam is good.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 3, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

amuro's 15 and sayla's 17 at the start of msg

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

amuro's 15 and sayla's 17 at the start of msg

Well that makes sense.

I think they're older in the novels (like in their 20s) and Amuro was an enlisted guy from the start. Also they met Lalah way earlier and she died, then Amuro had a fling with some other Zeon chick. I never did finish the novels, I should probably do that sometime. They're super different.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I don't know how I got Flay and Lacus mixed up. Maybe I should rewatch Seed and see if I really hated Kira or if I actually liked Lacus.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Amuro and Sayla banged in the novels. Then Amuro died.

It would have been really weird if that happened in the show. I mean, they're probably about the same age, but Amuro is like a little kid and Sayla seems older and more mature. But you know how weird ages in anime is.

Amuro is probably my favorite Gundam protagonist, because he's a bratty little bitch in the beginning, then he matures and by the end of the show \ Zeta Gundam \ CCA he's really cool.

Also, she apparently gave him a talisman made of her public hair, which I’m informed was actually a real practice by the girlfriends of Russian pilots during World War II.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It’s Flay, not Lacus, but yeah. It happens in the movies. This, for the record, is the ‘Kira sticks it in the crazy’ music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lom9s1TrOLI

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder what the SEED remaster dub will do with the crying scene. Both the original and movie editions are great.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, she apparently gave him a talisman made of her public hair, which I’m informed was actually a real practice by the girlfriends of Russian pilots during World War II.

Okay uh... I never made it that far in the books.

Sayla kind of had a Russian accent in the original 1998 dub of the movies. And Bright was British, which makes sense. Char was also Steve Blum. They also said "Gun-drat".

Apparently Sunrise was so embarrassed by that dub it was only ever on the VHS and was never on any DVDs. That was the Gundam I grew up with lol

That said, Brad Swaile is totally the voice of Amuro for me. It was so jarring how Amuro, Char and Bright have different VAs in the Zeta Gundam dub.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Char's voice actor in MSG was smooth as butter. A+ stuff for such an rear end in a top hat character.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That song. :stare: I used to love this one AMV (don't laugh) using this song and Gundam 00 s1 footage, and I can't find it any more.

AMV's are dumb, but I still want to complete my nostalgia playlist of them.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The only AMV I will admit to ever wanting to make is various Gundam shows set to "Zombie".

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Char's voice actor in MSG was smooth as butter. A+ stuff for such an rear end in a top hat character.

What's great is that the guy who did his voice in the MSG TV dub sounds a LOT like the Japanese voice actor when played back to back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbMqsfDfWjg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Even though it's not up to par with Ocean's excellent 0079 dub, the Blue Water Zeta dub is still fairly good. Kamille and Char especially sound decent, but Zeta Char is no Michael Kopsa.

Keith Silverstein has been doing a good job in the Origin films, but I still hear Nazeem looking for pussy in the cloud district whenever he talks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, she apparently gave him a talisman made of her public hair, which I’m informed was actually a real practice by the girlfriends of Russian pilots during World War II

She didn't actually. Kai told Amuro to ask her for one, Amuro did, Sayla was like 'what that's loving weird' and then they dropped it except Kai blaming it for Amuro's death later on.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Sayla was cool and should have hung out more in Zeta

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zedd posted:

That song. :stare: I used to love this one AMV (don't laugh) using this song and Gundam 00 s1 footage, and I can't find it any more.

AMV's are dumb, but I still want to complete my nostalgia playlist of them.

Gundam AMVs are good, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jnaextwrQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKqs1JLDbp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgSktwKs0Ew

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wonder what the SEED remaster dub will do with the crying scene. Both the original and movie editions are great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVv-J-LXQU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Even though it's not up to par with Ocean's excellent 0079 dub, the Blue Water Zeta dub is still fairly good. Kamille and Char especially sound decent, but Zeta Char is no Michael Kopsa.

I like that Zeta Amuro is voiced by the same guy who does Shinn's voice in the Destiny dub.

But my favorite Zeta dub VAs are Kamille, Four, Char, Emma and Scirocco. Which is good because they are my favorite characters in Zeta. Master Asia being the Narrator was cool too, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dub Wing narrator is the stuff of legends.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
He really is the best dub ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7OSeEMxDKE

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wouldn't expect anything less from the Bentusi.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

"In the name of justice....and "peace,""

The way he spits out "peace" is beautiful. That narrator doesn't buy their poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NikkolasKing posted:

"In the name of justice....and "peace,""

The way he spits out "peace" is beautiful. That narrator doesn't buy their poo poo.

The best.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Imagine having the Gundam Wing narrator be the narrator of your life.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My job would definitely sound way more depressing but the Wing narrator narrating it would be ironic.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

HOWEVER,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

They may have gone a bit too literal with the translations sometimes.

But the wing narrator is the loving best, no question.