Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MausoleumExtremist posted:

So what are the repercussions for this support guy? He has basically just made a personal attack on the POTUS.

Good luck getting on an airplane.

once named they can expect irs audits for the next several years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haveblue posted:

you know he's going to take it as a personal attack anyway

he takes literally everything as a personal attack so what

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

no s/he didn't

quote:

“We have learned that this was done by a Twitter customer-support employee who did this on the employee’s last day. We are conducting a full internal review,” Twitter said in a tweet late on Thursday.

Sounds deliberate to me.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

does Shitter farm all that out to the Philippines or whatever like FB does with offensive image cleanup?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lol. Shitter forTwitter. That's funny. Personally, I like Micro$soft. That's instead of Microsoft if you didn't know.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Proteus Jones posted:

Lol. Shitter forTwitter. That's funny. Personally, I like Micro$soft. That's instead of Microsoft if you didn't know.

this, but ironically

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

that said if lastpass is as full of holes as stated here i'll happily take recommendations for an alternative that's still internet accessible (which i'm aware inherently is a secfuck but not much other option for me atm)

i use keepass with file stored on my onedrive

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Micro$haft Winbl0ws lololol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Munkeymon posted:

nobody wanted to own one

iaiaiaiaiiaai

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

Micro$haft Winbl0ws lololol

macrosoft

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

*michaelsoft

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

*michaelsoft
**мелкомягкие

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
is smallsoft an universal slav thing?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Truga posted:

is smallsoft an universal slav thing?

probably :laffo:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cinci zoo sniper posted:

**мелкомягкие

haha nice

mikroblød / lilleblød

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
the trick is to tweet something from Trump's account that he might be tempted to just leave up and see where it goes

"Speaker Ryan understands that I will not sign ANY other legislation until we legally restore our very sacred Christian tradition of PRIMAE NOCTIS!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the trick is to tweet something from Trump's account that he might be tempted to just leave up and see where it goes

"Speaker Ryan understands that I will not sign ANY other legislation until we legally restore our very sacred Christian tradition of PRIMAE NOCTIS!"

hahaha toeing that poe's law line, that'd be brilliant

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Estonia will block the certificates of 760 000 ID cards as of the evening of 3 November

https://www.valitsus.ee/en/news/estonia-will-block-certificates-760-000-id-cards-evening-3-november

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

mrmcd posted:

In this week's episode: Twitter discovers the concept of "insider risk".

it won't be twitter's first or last fuckup

i've heard tales of some migration process that was mixing up like top 500 "very important twitterers" accounts that they ctrl-c'd just in time before obama and penn gillette had their profiles switched

which is insane, how do you gently caress that up

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i've heard tales of some migration process that was mixing up like top 500 "very important twitterers" accounts that they ctrl-c'd just in time before obama and penn gillette had their profiles switched

sort two identical lists by different criteria and then just copy from one to the other

no idea why anyone would do that, but there you go :)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

bad data design

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Powaqoatse posted:

sort two identical lists by different criteria and then just copy from one to the other

no idea why anyone would do that, but there you go :)

i see you've never been in a team with my coworkers

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cocoa Crispies posted:

manually

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This week's Risky Business mentioned this article on AD trusts, looks like a fun weekend read!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

npr had a short bit about the president's twitter where they were saying how you should be VERY SCARED that twitter's security is so bad that one lowly FOREIGN contractor could delete the president's account!!!

like the whole time it was just assumed that the president is entitled to a twitter account and that him not having one would be unimaginably harmful to the country

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

they also said things like "people in the cyber security community are VERY CONCERNED about this!" so thread are you sufficient levels of very concerned

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i am not concerned but maybe i have been a fraud all along??

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Achmed Jones posted:

i am not concerned but maybe i have been a fraud all along??

you're not even achmed james so sure

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

ate all the Oreos posted:

npr had a short bit about the president's twitter where they were saying how you should be VERY SCARED that twitter's security is so bad that one lowly FOREIGN contractor could delete the president's account!!!

The legit concern isn't about deletion of the Angry Yam's account, it's about the possibility that someone internally could access it and tweet from it because it doesn't look like there were much in the ways of a security protocol in place. The repercussions of a fake tweet from the President's official account could be pretty grave.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

The legit concern isn't about deletion of the Angry Yam's account, it's about the possibility that someone internally could access it and tweet from it because it doesn't look like there were much in the ways of protocols in place. The repercussions of a fake tweet from the President's official account could be pretty grave.

almost like its a really stupid loving thing the le trumpet is tooting away there

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

cinci zoo sniper posted:

almost like its a really stupid loving thing the le trumpet is tooting away there
agreed -- it's pretty loving dumb for just this reason

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao people used to tell me that npr was actually a very reasonable radio station

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

agreed -- it's pretty loving dumb for just this reason

that obvs wasnt the angle though

the angle assumed that tormp should have a twompertrugh and the onus is on the world to avoid twampahcompany or himself making GBS threads it up

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i mean, the obvious solution would be to nationalize twitter. i wonder why no one's suggesting that.

in secfuck news i've never heard of this organization https://twitter.com/briankrebs/status/926581336386752512

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

someone posted kumails tweet earlier & im gonna retweet that right here itt

https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/925828976882282496

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
what if someone reported one of trumps warmonger tweets for advocating violence and the twitter person was just like "yeah, that checks out - BAN"

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

I’m guessing there’s a “thank you for reporting @realdonaldtrump. we have found this user violated our terms on service” templated email in someone’s inbox somewhere

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

maskenfreiheit posted:

what if someone reported one of trumps warmonger tweets for advocating violence and the twitter person was just like "yeah, that checks out - BAN"
that's what i assume happened, because the alternative is that people have arbitrary access to delete accounts

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 4, 2017

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m just glad the contractor didn’t tweet something about nuking North Korea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Sounds deliberate to me.

oh, what i meant was that yes the action was targeted but that it's not an "attack on the president" in any way that would garner a legal response unique to the president

• Locked thread