Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

Manami Toyota retired today. Loved her matches in CHIKARA.

She once defeated japanese table by landing headfirst on it so hard it went through the table(thus killing its immortal soul).

E: this is in Ditch's puro archives, no idea where that lives now.

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
She and Akira Hokuto are the biggest reasons why I started watching joshipuro in the 90s. It’s a real end of an era.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
STARDOM is bringing over a strong selection of gaijin next tour:

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/926592270505205760

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
my only gripe about stardom is the tiny images they use

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whos between viper and ellering

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

whos between viper and ellering

Miranda Salinas. Wrestled Rea Ripley in the Mae Young Classic. Comes from Booker T's Reality of Wrestling promotion in Texas. A promotion/school for not allowing wrestlers outside of it but she has kinda broken away from it. Pretty decent for her experience level.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

delilah doom beat veda scott and kylie rae beat su yung in the aaw women’s title tournament. sets up rachael ellering vs kylie rae and ivelisse vs delilah for tomorrow in lasalle.

veda managed to clock delilah like three times so that was rough but the crowd stayed with it. kylie rae got good reactions being a chicago girl and that clashed really well with su yung being a fully committed psychopath. that was a memorable match on a stacked show and su yung got a big please come back chant so hopefully they’ll bring some more women’s matches upstate

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DM Punk posted:

Manami Toyota retired today. Loved her matches in CHIKARA.

That match between her and Aja Kong in 1994 (The super long all day Big Egg Wrestling Universe Show) is incredible, Kong is just MURDERING her and she keeps fighting back. It was so loving good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Whoever says Kairi isn't a terrible person sometimes is wrong.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/927647816587104256

All Kris wanted to do was take a selfie on Kairi's phone to give to her. :shobon:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I wish Kris hadn't started so late, she has so much natural charisma it's scary.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
On the other hand, Kris starting late lets me know there's still time for me to quit my dead-end job and make a name for myself doing what I really love: terrorizing small Japanese children

I really hope video from Kagetsu's show a couple weeks back gets released somewhere. Kris' match with Kaho Kobayashi is probably the best of her matches I've ever seen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q8N2Ry_dkc

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nice match, but still doesn't wash away the fact that ROH treats their women's division like garbage. Probably the biggest joke in the west, to be honest. And I don't see it ever changing. Their twitter account has teased promotions with STARDOM and stuff, but I don't think STARDOM wants much to do with them, especially since ROH seems to like sending over talent that tries to kill the STARDOM talent (Mandy, Kelly), and Kris Wolf having to curtain jerk in the one match she had over there as a guest.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 8, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

speaking of places that treat women better, Glory Pro is trying to get Io Shirai booked.

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/928336518195838976

I really want to see this if it happens.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

speaking of places that treat women better, Glory Pro is trying to get Io Shirai booked.

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/928336518195838976

I really want to see this if it happens.

Yeah, I'm vaguely curious as well. On one hand, its not impossible. On the other hand its also pretty unlikely, since Io's probably going to retire soon after her current stint in STARDOM. She's not really the main focal point of STARDOM like she used to be, her pathway to WWE is shut permanently (unless they bring her in as a coach, similar to Del Rey), GFW is a joke, ROH's Women's Division is a joke, LU is dead.

She hasn't expressed much of an interest in working indies over here, along with there being talk about her considering retirement soon, due to her body starting to break apart. Dave's also said that she is suffering from sort of heart condition, which may complicate things.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 8, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Women will do anything Big Mike asks them too. This is documented.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

well since youre the expert

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

well since youre the expert

https://vid.me/KbPc

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Nice match, but still doesn't wash away the fact that ROH treats their women's division like garbage. Probably the biggest joke in the west, to be honest. And I don't see it ever changing. Their twitter account has teased promotions with STARDOM and stuff, but I don't think STARDOM wants much to do with them, especially since ROH seems to like sending over talent that tries to kill the STARDOM talent (Mandy, Kelly), and Kris Wolf having to curtain jerk in the one match she had over there as a guest.

There was plans for a ROH/STARDOM mini tournament in the US October/November time leading up to Final Battle to crown a WOH Champion at one stage. With the Final being the Final Battle opener. But obviously that seems to be dropped.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

didn't want to compete with the aaw tournament obviously

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

speaking of looks like the semifinals and finals are both 12/2 in lasalle

rise tomorrow

tna pulled chelsea green and rosemary from their friday show so they got taya instead

shimmer saturday and sunday

quote:

Among the competitors who will be a part of SHIMMER 96-99 weekend are: SHIMMER Champion Mercedes Martinez, SHIMMER Tag Team Champions Tessa Blanchard & Vanessa Kraven, Heart of SHIMMER Champion Shazza McKenzie, Phoenix of RISE Champion Shotzi Blackheart, Mia Yim, Cheerleader Melissa, Candice LeRae, Nicole Savoy, Courtney Rush, Dust, Jessicka Havok, Leva Bates, Delilah Doom, Ashley Lane (aka Madison Rayne), Deonna Purrazzo, Britt Baker, Chelsea Green, LuFisto, Solo Darling, Veda Scott, Hudson Envy, Kellyanne, Samantha Heights, Rachael Ellering, Marti Belle, Ivelisse, Thunderkitty, Charli Evans, Jessica Troy, Allysin Kay (11/12 only), Aoi Kizuki, plus three more top stars from Japan, and more still to be announced!

shimmer bought a bunch of video screen ads in area malls

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

There was plans for a ROH/STARDOM mini tournament in the US October/November time leading up to Final Battle to crown a WOH Champion at one stage. With the Final being the Final Battle opener. But obviously that seems to be dropped.

Blame Delirious and him pushing his god awful girl friend and whatever Kelly Klein's got on them. Stardom knew they partnered with the wrong people.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dave Prazak of SHIMMER and Kevin Harvey of RISE are on Madusa's Full Throttle Podcast this week https://soundcloud.com/madusas-full-throttle-podcast/episode-45-full-throttle-dave-prazak-of-shimmer-and-kevin-harvey-of-rise

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Not that it was a tightly held secret, but Aja Kong is in the US this weekend for RISE & SHIMMER. Hoping for Mia Yim vs Kong at some point.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Besides the Kong stuff what's the biggest/best first time or close to first time match SHIMMER can book this weekend?

Speaking of Mia Yim Wrestlecircus uploading the match to Youtube reminded me how I annoyed I was with the shortness of her match with Racheal Ellering where they showed chemistry.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toLLX8F9QxI

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Kaitlyn divorced the steroid pusher? Good for her.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Kaitlyn divorced the steroid pusher? Good for her.

Not sure if it final but yeah they broke up last year. He tried to steal her website and everything.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Also yes he was enabling her being an addict as well, that one weird good was right. I don't know if they were banned for those posts or anything

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was it the op of the paige thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I believe that guys name is bart.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

From the WON:
"Emma, who will go by Tenille Dashwood, her real name, was in talks with Stardom to start when her non-compete ended, but negotiations have fallen through as her asking price of $2,000 per match, plus first class tickets and full creative control weren't thought to be economically or business prudent by that company."

I mean I guess you gotta get those highball offers out there and see if anyone bites but lmao either way

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Re-open the Paige thread

https://twitter.com/PaigeWWEDaily/status/928852037088899072

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Go RV! posted:

From the WON:
"Emma, who will go by Tenille Dashwood, her real name, was in talks with Stardom to start when her non-compete ended, but negotiations have fallen through as her asking price of $2,000 per match, plus first class tickets and full creative control weren't thought to be economically or business prudent by that company."

I mean I guess you gotta get those highball offers out there and see if anyone bites but lmao either way

Apparently those rates aren't really that high, but Stardom can't afford it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Don’t cross Rossy. He books stardom, not Emma.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Emma/Tenille's using Cody Rhodes' agent, isn't she? I feel like you wouldn't use them if you wanted to pull a Ryback and highball yourself out of business. (Didn't someone say you could get Cody and all three members of The Elite for what The Ryback was asking?)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, Emma/Tenille's using Cody Rhodes' agent, isn't she? I feel like you wouldn't use them if you wanted to pull a Ryback and highball yourself out of business. (Didn't someone say you could get Cody and all three members of The Elite for what The Ryback was asking?)

Ryback - 5 Slammies.

Cody and The Elite - Only 2 Slammies.

Checks out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/PatLaprade/status/929534047419813890

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
doompants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Sienna Steele has a youtube channel with various makeup tutorials and uh turns out she's hilarious :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJaaLXZwmsU

e: she's still doin' a lot of training and not quite on the scene yet, but I still figure it's worth mentioning.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 12, 2017