Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Be still, my beating heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Daemons actually surprised me, i figured they'd be later. Huzzah for Blood Angels! I don't even play them, but I love Blood Angels.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The box sets last year were $170 and £100 and these ones are $170 so £100 seems very likely.

If I can get them through my local at 15% off I might get two.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I would like to apologize in advance because I'm probably going to be completely insufferable when we start seeing Blood Angels leaks.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
An updated list for tomorrow's RTT:

SL 11.04.2017 – 2000 pts
Brigade Detachment
HQ
Company Commander w/ bolt pistol and power sword – 35
Tank Commander MBT w/ 3 heavy bolters – 213
Primaris Psyker – 40
Primaris Psyker – 40
Primaris Psyker – 40
Elites
Platoon Commander w/ power sword – 24
Command squad w/ 4 meltas – 72
Astropath – 21
Troops
Infantry Squad w/ plasma gun – 47
Fast Attack
Scout Sentinel w/ autocannon – 50
Heavy Support
Manticore w/ heavy bolter – 133
Wyvern w/ heavy bolter – 93
Basilisk w/ heavy bolter– 108
MBT w/ 3 heavy bolters – 176
Dedicated Transport
Trojan w/ heavy bolter – 98
Superheavy Auxiliary Detachment
Lord of War
Shadowsword – 472
Total: 1997

The idea is the Company Commander has Grand Strategist and Kurov's Aquila for maximum CP fuckery.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

I would like to apologize in advance because I'm probably going to be completely insufferable when we start seeing Blood Dark Angels leaks.
:same:

I wonder if the BA and dork books are going to be better than the regular marine one. They have the benefit of being written or at the very least edited post-release.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 3, 2017

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

I would like to apologize in advance because I'm probably going to be completely insufferable when we start seeing Blood Angels leaks.

Me too!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I love a Lion.

I will moan like a bastard about whatever they do to the DA fluff though. I wonder if Cypher got his own audience with the Emperor after Robbutt. That would give them a catalyst for lazybones waking up.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 3, 2017

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

That's okay, us Nid players have been flooding the thread this week.

I mean all together we almost posted at much as CheetoChip2.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Zuul the Cat posted:

Daemons actually surprised me, i figured they'd be later. Huzzah for Blood Angels! I don't even play them, but I love Blood Angels.

Demons is surprising to me too. Even as a chaos boy, I think it would be better for more Xenos books first.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I want the Lion to wake up, say "gently caress this poo poo", unite his legion, and immediately secede. Possibly as a result of Cypher making it in to see the emperor after 200 years on Terra.

Not turn to chaos or any of that dumb "LION WAS THE REAL TRAITOR" poo poo. I just choose to imagine he'd be deeply unsatisfied about the current state of the Imperium and would gently caress off to do his own thing. Instead, I'm sure he'll get some dumbass, fancy title and hang out with Guilliman.

I don't know, I'm not expecting the Lion with this release, but it'd likely be in December which is probably a good release window for that sort of thing.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Confirmed on GW Site - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

Though that says Daemons will be early next year instead of before Xmas.

---

So, once the Bangles and Dangles are out, that just leaves Sisters, Deathwatch, Wolves and Imperial Agents for Imperium right? Possibly Knights though maybe the Mechanicus book is all the rules they get.

For Chaos that leaves TSons

I'm reckoning we'll see Deldar and Tau fairly early on, with Deathwatch around the same time to fight them. It'd be neat to get TSons and Wolves released around the same time. We'll likely get a World Eaters book with plastic Angron to round out the three Traitor Legions that matter (RIP Slaanesh), GeneCult, Ynnari and Harlequins, then it'll be time for a classic GW move and a new version of Space Marines will come out before Orks and Necrons.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 3, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

That's okay, us Nid players have been flooding the thread this week.

I mean all together we almost posted at much as CheetoChip2.

It's been really cool seeing how excited everybody is about your new book. Nids are such an iconic army and it will be really great seeing them on the table more, possibly even winning tournaments.

Zark the Damned posted:

Confirmed on GW Site - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

Though that says Daemons will be early next year instead of before Xmas.

Oh god I'm so hyped. Please, GW, please don't let me down.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 3, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Safety Factor posted:

I want the Lion to wake up, say "gently caress this poo poo", unite his legion, and immediately secede. Possibly as a result of Cypher making it in to see the emperor after 200 years on Terra.

Not turn to chaos or any of that dumb "LION WAS THE REAL TRAITOR" poo poo. I just choose to imagine he'd be deeply unsatisfied about the current state of the Imperium and would gently caress off to do his own thing. Instead, I'm sure he'll get some dumbass, fancy title and hang out with Guilliman.

I don't know, I'm not expecting the Lion with this release, but it'd likely be in December which is probably a good release window for that sort of thing.

I could see them doing a dual consuls set up, or something akin to the eastern & western empires of Rome.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm hoping we at least get Orks before minor factions like Space Clowns and Genestealers, but part of me is hoping they're sitting on that codex to make it really fluffy and effective. Stratagems and tactics have been killing it on that front, and when Orks have already been the fun faction for several editions they really deserve a return to that role.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

I wonder if the BA and dork books are going to be better than the regular marine one. They have the benefit of being written or at the very least edited post-release.

:laffo:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am well aware of their track record, but I can dream. :smith:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Just want to note that I called Angels of Death as a release months ago

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I could see them doing a dual consuls set up, or something akin to the eastern & western empires of Rome.

They're on record as wanting russ back first but it being a step too far for the setting since he just immediately burns the imperium to the ground, so they went for Guilliman instead.

So I'll be interested to see how russ' return works when the two brothers kicking about are two of his least favourite.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

Just want to note that I called Angels of Death as a release months ago

:worship:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

So I'll be interested to see how russ' return works when the two brothers kicking about are two of his least favourite.
I think you'll find that the Lion and Russ hugged it out and kissed and made up after they made it to Terra too late to save the Emperor. They were Best Friends after that.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Jesus that AoS boob armour :(

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Luther did nothing wrong

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
I just want to see a Dreadnought Lion and a Wulfen Leman Russ, is that asking too much?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

I think you'll find that the Lion and Russ hugged it out and kissed and made up after they made it to Terra too late to save the Emperor. They were Best Friends after that.

Wait really or sarcastically? I'm shaky on end of heresy lore.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Luther did nothing wrong

I will loving cut you.

Seriously though, the fluff will be terrible because Thorpe will be sticking his lovely oar into it. But I dearly hope the Lion is confirmed as having been loyal all along.

What I'd like to see is the DA uniting, and the Lion setting up as a as the second consul/leader of the Imperium on the far side of the rift.
I think it would be good if they explain it as Cypher getting his meeting with the Emperor, then going on Guilleman's crusade until he could get close enough to the Rock to infiltrate and wake the Lion. Then because he's lovely the Lion forgives Luther (who we know is repentant) and sends Cypher out to bring those Fallen who can be saved back into the fold. Thus letting you use Cypher with either DA or CSM armies.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Wait really or sarcastically? I'm shaky on end of heresy lore.
Seriously. It's been around in the fluff for a while, but the Primarch book about Leman Russ elaborates on it a bit. The framework for the story is that Leman Russ is telling the tale of how he and the Lion came to blows back during the Crusade. He's dressed in mourning colors/clothes as he had recently found out that the Lion was dead or had disappeared in the destruction of Caliban. He mentions what happened on Terra as well. Oh, and by "kissed and made up", what I really meant was that the Lion blames Russ for their inability to reach Terra in time and loving stabs him in the chest, pulling the sword away from Russ' heart(s) because he did not fight back. This somehow cleared the air between them.

I read the book because it involved the Dark Angels quite a bit and, well, a Dark Angels book not written by Gav Thorpe is hard to come by.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 4, 2017

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

The Sex Cannon posted:

The idea is the Company Commander has Grand Strategist and Kurov's Aquila for maximum CP fuckery.

Yeah, this is exactly what I do. Perfect use for a hidden, low key IG warlord. Some of the stratagems are so good, and it's great to have them in the back pocket for most of the game rather than the 3-4 uses a lot of armies get.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is Gav Thorpe that bad or is he just the one that harps on the "are they loyal or traitors? :circlefap:" the most?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Goddammit GW I just bit hard into Eldar now I gotta buy another book next month.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Man I really can't get excited about psykers anymore now that psykers just mean "lots of smite!" :smith:

Lictors not having instinctive behavior is very cool and good and also fluffy.

Time to repaint my Carnifexes :getin:

Zark the Damned posted:

For Chaos that leaves TSons

:sigh:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Zark the Damned posted:

We'll likely get a World Eaters book with plastic Angron to round out the three Traitor Legions that matter (RIP Slaanesh)

:arghfist::saddowns: you let me dream god damnit.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Zark the Damned posted:

Confirmed on GW Site - New Codex's!

I'll be damned, I just went out and picked up my Imperial Index Book 2 so I could have sworn the universe would band against me and immediately put out the Sisters, Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Agents book next.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

Is Gav Thorpe that bad or is he just the one that harps on the "are they loyal or traitors? :circlefap:" the most?
Both. :negative:

Every time I give him a chance and start to think "this ain't half bad" he pulls off a blisteringly stupid, rushed conclusion that leaves me wondering what the gently caress just happened and why the hell it was written. Seriously, the ending to his big Dark Angels Trilogy (Ravenwing, Master of Sanctity, and Unforgiven) is so loving dumb and bad and retroactively ruined what was overall a decent trilogy. Well, duology, the first book wasn't that great. Angels of Caliban suffers from this too.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Zaphod42 posted:

Man I really can't get excited about psykers anymore now that psykers just mean "lots of smite!" :smith:

Yeah man I agree with you on that one, smite is a very useful power but it's also bland as hell. Obviously it was a mess to go through the old psychic system of 7th edition, and a lot of powers were just copies of each other, but the fluff was so much better and they did a better job of hiding the repeat powers from you, because they all had cool names and nice blurbs about what they did. Smite is so boring, it's just "MY PSYKER THINKS REALLY HARD ABOUT YOU AND YOU TAKE DAMAGE"

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
Finished my Blood Ravens just in time for my Nids to come back into play! Hooray!

Image bomb alert!

Army for tomorrow's 1250 tournament:
BLOOD RAVENS DETACHMENT [Ultramarines] - 1248pts, 6cp

HQ:
Captain in Gravis Armor (The Santic Halo): 137pts
Primaris Librarian: 105pts
Primaris Lieutenant (Power Sword): 74pts

Troops:
5 Intercessors, standard bolt rifle (Aux Grenade): 101pts
5 Intercessors, standard bolt rifle (Aux Grenade): 101pts
5 Scouts (4x Sniper Rifles, BoltPistol/Chainsword, 5x Camo Cloaks): 86pts

Elites:
3 Aggressors (Bolt Storm Gauntlets/Grenade Launchers): 129pts

Fast Attack:
3 Inceptors (Assault Bolters): 180pts

Heavy:
5 Hellblasters (regular): 165pts
5 Hellblasters (assault): 170pts

Warlord: Adept of the Codex
Librarian: Smite; Null Zone; Psychic Scourge

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

goose willis posted:

Yeah man I agree with you on that one, smite is a very useful power but it's also bland as hell. Obviously it was a mess to go through the old psychic system of 7th edition, and a lot of powers were just copies of each other, but the fluff was so much better and they did a better job of hiding the repeat powers from you, because they all had cool names and nice blurbs about what they did. Smite is so boring, it's just "MY PSYKER THINKS REALLY HARD ABOUT YOU AND YOU TAKE DAMAGE"

They can't balance real spells, so you get smite instead.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mugaaz posted:

They can't balance real spells, so you get smite instead.

They can't even do that very well either, considering some armies just don't have psykers, so they lose an easy source of reliable mortal wounds.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Does anyone even play that Hobbit game that Games Workshop puts out

I remember back in the day there wasn't a single person that played the Lord of the Rings game and the boxes were just sitting dusty on the shelves and not even the Games Workshop employees themselves talked about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
How is Gav's Eldar Omnibus?

Those look great!