Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Gologle posted:

So, in the wake of the Singularities being fixed, Chaldea is essentially a magical superpower independent nation, right? One Holy Grail in Fuyuki was enough to destroy the world, and Chaldea has like ten or more of them powering its systems and Servants. You have hundred of beings from across all human history at your command, and they all kick rear end to varying degrees. Like, if Gudako wanted to, she could take over the world with ease?

As the story touches upon after the first plot arc, the Chaldean Master is probably the greatest master and has the most experience fighting with and against servants of anyone ever...

But they’re still a total poo poo mage.

If the Mages Guild or any number of magically skilled factions wanted to they could kill them like a gnat. Their actual magical capabilities are so bad most of their Servants can’t use a lot of their biggest tricks, so while a war of military force would be one thing, a wizard conflict would be impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

BlondRobin posted:

If the Mages Guild or any number of magically skilled factions wanted to they could kill them like a gnat. Their actual magical capabilities are so bad most of their Servants can’t use a lot of their biggest tricks, so while a war of military force would be one thing, a wizard conflict would be impossible.
I dunno man, we got the smartest strategist of humanity, most cunning wizard, and the greatest detective alive as servant.

Caster servant can do just as well without a mage master like Medea.

They have a future and past prediction machine, a time travel machine, and a Leonado davin ci making whatever magic tool or grail battery to sustain any servant they need.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Nyaa posted:

I dunno man, we got the smartest strategist of humanity, most cunning wizard, and the greatest detective alive as servant.

Caster servant can do just as well without a mage master like Medea.

They have a future and past prediction machine, a time travel machine, and a Leonado davin ci making whatever magic tool or grail battery to sustain any servant they need.

Then you can tell that to the writers, who have been running with that plot point since EoR started. In fact the idea that the Chaldean master sucks and is the major limitation on why your servants aren't all the hottest poo poo ever has been in place since the start of the game. I doubt they're going to have Da Vinci pull a solution out if nowhere like this is a Saturday morning cartoon anytime soon.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Q.E.D.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Huh, that's weird. I don't remember ascending Saber Lily. Oh well. To level 70 we go.

Don't play drunk.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I trimmed out about five pieces of dead wood on my friends list.
So here's my current poo poo show:

(Waver is NP2 and Carmilla is NP5)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Argas posted:

Well.

They're not totally fixed. Epic of Remnant is delving into more singularities.

There's 72 demons in the Goetia, plenty of Demon Pillar names to steal.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

tokomon posted:

I trimmed out about five pieces of dead wood on my friends list.
So here's my current poo poo show:

(Waver is NP2 and Carmilla is NP5)

Friend Request sent.

If anyone else wants a cute newbie summoning your Lancelot and/or friends, my code 703,068,838 I've got a level 50 Emiya which is better than nothing and might even be useful to you for the next event (as if anyone is using any support but Okita)

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

ZiegeDame posted:

Friend Request sent.

If anyone else wants a cute newbie summoning your Lancelot and/or friends, my code 703,068,838 I've got a level 50 Emiya which is better than nothing and might even be useful to you for the next event (as if anyone is using any support but Okita)

Sent you a request. I'm J.R. ingame.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got a few new spots too.

I actually got 4-Star Assassins and Archers, but I decided to show off my grailed Servants instead.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wish I have the guts to grail Georgi. He's such a hunk but I feel no one is gonna use him

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I wish I have the guts to grail Georgi. He's such a hunk but I feel no one is gonna use him

Do it. I always choose grailed Servants over rare ons if I can: I want to support those who take care of their bros/waifus/husbandos/friends.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm saving my grails for Kiritsugu and Paul Bunyan because bunyan's first outfit owns and their NP is hilarious

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
George is something people will take as a friend based on their teamcomp.

I can tell you first hand I spent my first month or two having to use a Herc/Lancelot front line because I had nothing else good, and I picked Georges as friends all the time because he could let them stay alive to break face.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
George's art is legitimately horrible and I have a hard time looking past that. The perspective on the sword in his final ascension art is comically bad.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I find his pre-final ascension pretty good but I don't want to lose his bright smile.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The problem with George as your set friend summon is basically everyone has him already, as he's a 2*. He's also not fulfilling a party role you really want multiple of, unlike certain Servants. So if they commonly need him for their team comp, they probably already have him available and at least somewhat leveled. Or they're so low level that they don't have much to begin with, in which case they probably still don't want to pick him because they likely really need something high power to punch through whatever's giving them difficulty.

Of course, he's also unfortunate in being almost completely invalidated once Camelot rolls around and Mash fully powers up, but that's for the future. It is something to think about when Grailing though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
is there a way to grind horseshoes yet

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Tired Moritz posted:

is there a way to grind horseshoes yet

Caldera Island in Okeanos drops it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Caldera Island Okeanos

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its an estimated 136AP spent per horseshoe, so have fun. :v:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

at least gudaguda has 20 in one of the shops

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I can't believe I used to worry about spirit lamps now that I have 46 of them.

And 110+ proof of heros.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tired Moritz posted:

I can't believe I used to worry about spirit lamps now that I have 46 of them.

Same. Halloween gave us a shitload of them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I finally got around to grailing Cu myself, which made sense to me because I both like his character a lot and while his skillset is amazing the only thing bringing him down are his stats. Once I get enough Lancer XP cards (probably after GUDAGUDA) I'll push him up to 90.

Not sure what my next target will be after that. Maybe Robin or Carmilla, or some yet-unsummoned fellow.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Carmilla is a good unit and her animation update looks fantastic.

That said so does Hassan's so I'm torn between which assassin to grail. :(

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maaaaaan I wish we could get the updates for dudes like Cu and Medea

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Of all the things I wish they would bring to NA faster than in JP, the animation updates are number one. Wish they could streamline that process at least.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZiegeDame posted:

Friend Request sent.

Request sent. I'm Nyeehg SA in game.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Some of the characters like Marie, Martha, and Mata Hari need some attention. It makes no sense in any regard for these servants to have stock Caster blast animations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Sophism posted:

Of all the things I wish they would bring to NA faster than in JP, the animation updates are number one. Wish they could streamline that process at least.

That's number 2 for me, #1 is the 2nd Anniversary change to the SQ packages that give you more bang for your buck. I really hope we won't have to wait two years for that improvement.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Gologle posted:

That's number 2 for me, #1 is the 2nd Anniversary change to the SQ packages that give you more bang for your buck. I really hope we won't have to wait two years for that improvement.
I was under the impression we already had the big improvement of rolls going from 4 SQ to 3, do JP get some other change we don't?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pierson posted:

I was under the impression we already had the big improvement of rolls going from 4 SQ to 3, do JP get some other change we don't?

2nd Anniversary increased the amount of bonus quartz with purchases. They get 167 Quartz for what is our current bundle of 140 quartz.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Pierson posted:

Second anniversary increased the amount of 'free' quartz you got when you bought quartz packs.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Have they ever explained why among the pseudo-servants Waver has pretty much 100% his own appearance and memories with not much Zhuge Lang to be seen, but Taiga, Rin, Sakura, and now apparently Shirou all seem to be entirely different people people with similar personalities?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zhuge liang was added at launch, those others all came later.

also, I think Nasu specifically said that he didn't really want to just write the F/SN characters all over again, which is why very few of the F/SN characters appear in the plot or even in events. Artoria and Cu obviously make appearances, but only in other forms with different personalities and such. Cursed Arm appears in Camelot, but he never got any focus in the original F/SN anyway.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Bakanogami posted:

Have they ever explained why among the pseudo-servants Waver has pretty much 100% his own appearance and memories with not much Zhuge Lang to be seen, but Taiga, Rin, Sakura, and now apparently Shirou all seem to be entirely different people people with similar personalities?

They really really wanted to have Waver in the game and fighting Servants, basically.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Are there any free quests with multiple Dragon type enemies?

I need a bunch to finish my weeklies.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I choose to interpret it as a joke that the Sleeping Dragon is enough of a recluse that he even decides to hide out in his host's mind and just hands him his powerset before going to sleep.

quote:

Are there any free quests with multiple Dragon type enemies?

I need a bunch to finish my weeklies.

Wyvern Island in Okeanos or Thiers in Orleans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pureauthor posted:

I choose to interpret it as a joke that the Sleeping Dragon is enough of a recluse that he even decides to hide out in his host's mind and just hands him his powerset before going to sleep.
He knew about the overworked tier. He knew.