Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Well it is drawn by the best comic book artist in the world and in cooperation with a true weirdo who has great ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

He regularly ambushes and hospitalizes public protectors.

I don’t think we’ve ever seen him ambush someone in the conventional sense, like he’ll accost them but he’s never started off by sucker punching them, because he’s a monster, and (Saturday morning cartoon) monsters tell the hero they’re gonna best them up.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

tiistai posted:

They're the same thing though. At least MangaStream's translation retained the "hand" bit as well as one could.

Shake is a command you give a dog, and therefore The Joke

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
yeah "give me paw" was a big wasted opportunity

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Garou is my favorite shonen protagonist

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
This guy gets it.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

mabels big day posted:

Garou is my favorite shonen protagonist

He sure is great at exposing heroes as narcissistic a-holes isn't he?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i think i could defeat garou

it's going to kick rear end seeing him in motion tho, god speed to J.C. Staff, that production seems a bit hairy

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

If season 2 of the anime is as good as the 1st, some of these sequences will be really heckin cool

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

They're getting a new animation studio to do Season 2 called J.C. Staff. I looked up what they've done and didn't recognize a single thing, so I dunno if it's good or bad.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Last Celebration posted:

I don’t think we’ve ever seen him ambush someone in the conventional sense, like he’ll accost them but he’s never started off by sucker punching them, because he’s a monster, and (Saturday morning cartoon) monsters tell the hero they’re gonna best them up.

It's rude to split hairs in front of Caped Baldy.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

They're getting a new animation studio to do Season 2 called J.C. Staff. I looked up what they've done and didn't recognize a single thing, so I dunno if it's good or bad.

The more recent ones I recognized were Prison School and Food Wars. I haven't seen either, but I've heard they're funny and good, if not weird as heck.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Food wars animation is stellar when it counts, and it is definitely an anime where people nut bc they're eating good rear end food

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

violent sex idiot posted:

do you think bang watched him beat the poo poo out of the coordinated hero squad or that he just came because of the distress call from glasses

Bang is also a Class S hero, so he'd have gotten one of those distress beepers too.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man bang needs to take on that glasses guy as a student

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Tollymain posted:

excuse you charanko will always be bang's number one disciple

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Death Bot posted:

Food wars animation is stellar when it counts, and it is definitely an anime where people nut bc they're eating good rear end food

And based on the animation quality of season 3 it's a safe guess the staff is all in on One-Punch Man right now because they sure aren't there :v:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tollymain posted:

if glasses keeps doing what hes doing he won't need a master

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Expect My Mom posted:

i think i could defeat garou

it's going to kick rear end seeing him in motion tho, god speed to J.C. Staff, that production seems a bit hairy

I've been wanting to see him wreck Tank Top Master in motion for so long. All of his fights. Every single one. And there are loving tons.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 4, 2017

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Death Bot posted:

Shake is a command you give a dog, and therefore The Joke

"give paw" is also a command you give a dog it's the same thing as shake.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

stop licking your nuts is also a command you give a dog

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think give me paw works just fine, since he's trying to be such a menacing monster and also because he's about to tear someone's arm off.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Josuke Higashikata posted:

stop licking your nuts is also a command you give a dog

This command never works.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

I think give me paw works just fine, since he's trying to be such a menacing monster and also because he's about to tear someone's arm off.

It's just one of those things where it's obviously meant to be "shake" in english so the direct japanese translation is weird. It still makes sense in the context of the scene so it's not the worst translation I've ever seen, but it does show how speedscans don't really prioritize getting it right over getting it done.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I just want to know when it will be revealed that Watchdog Man is actually Saitama in disguise. Never mind that they've shared a room before.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he's a dog with a human mask in his mouth

this is established

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

he's a dog with a human mask in his mouth

this is established

Half watch dog, half man. :colbert:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

And More posted:

Half watch dog, half man. :colbert:

No, Half Watch, Half Dog, Half Man.

That's why he's S class, he's always 150%.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

No, Half Watch, Half Dog, Half Man.

That's why he's S class, he's always 150%.

He's actually 100% watch. That's the only reason Garou was able to get away. He left WatchdogMan's patrol area.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

bacon flaps posted:

I've been wanting to see him wreck Tank Top Master in motion for so long. All of his fights. Every single one. And there are loving tons.

Garou vs that baseball guy :getin:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

This comic has a very large percentage of awesome characters.

Glasses, Mumen, Genos, Saitama, Garou, Metal Bat, King, etc.

I love that playing videogames with King is the only thing that really gets Saitama really worked up. Also King mentioning he just hits the same button over and over. (The heavy punch button one assumes)

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Speaking of King, I'm glad he didn't notice the signal being sent to him. I'd hate for Garou to be beaten prematurely like that.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Speaking of King, I'm glad he didn't notice the signal being sent to him. I'd hate for Garou to be beaten prematurely like that.

Oh man, if Garou observed and mastered the King Engine then he would be unstoppable without lifting a finger!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Did you not read the whole chapter or what

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

graham cracker posted:

I love that playing videogames with King is the only thing that really gets Saitama really worked up. Also King mentioning he just hits the same button over and over. (The heavy punch button one assumes)

Saitama plays video games against type, he mashes weak low kick over and over

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jerkface posted:

Saitama plays video games against type, he mashes weak low kick over and over

'against type'?
Perfectly on type

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Fartbox posted:

Garou vs that baseball guy :getin:

This goes without saying. Which is why I didn't.

Metal Bat may be the only person I've rooted for during a clash with Garou.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Metal Bat and Glasses for me. And arguably Bang, now that he's here.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

graham cracker posted:

This should have lead to a joke about ‘you should study martial arts to get a better technique’ and Saitama having a thought bubble of Saitama with a wig on at the tournament.

rage-saq fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm glad more people are starting to appreciate Garou