Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sammus posted:

No. The black dude died and black bolt got his dog back

Did he die of drowning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

notthegoatseguy posted:

Did he die of drowning?

he stomped and the building he was in fell on him and mortis lmao

it was just as stupid as youd expect from this garbage rear end show

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

"This guy can murder people if he takes his mask off."
"We should tie him up!"
*binds his wrists IN FRONT* :psyduck:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's astounding that shows that bad can get made.

In the back of my mind I still suspected that show had some plan to address the injustice of the caste system and the way the royals treat everyone else and enslave people to mine and poo poo. But after treating iron mask that way, in episode 6/8 it's clear that there's just nothing.

Also loved the resolution to the subplot about sending miners off to get murdered by the royal family. Vulcan neck pinch one guy, problem solved, never have to think about it again.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also loved the resolution to the subplot about sending miners off to get murdered by the royal family. Vulcan neck pinch one guy, problem solved, never have to think about it again.

There were like six miners sent, right? Whey did we only see maybe two of them?

Edit: it's also hilarious that Karnak confirmed that the entire royal family is just as awful as we thought they were after the heartfelt speech to Mortis turning out to be a "lol j/k". I know people joked about Gorgon being special needs, but... drat.

Edit: and Blackbolt being all ready to murder his brother, no trial, no nothing, and using the excuse "he cut all your hair off". We had to rely on Medusa to be the voice of reason and that is scary.

Edit: Also, if my name was "maximus" and my brother's name was "blackbolt" I'd sure as hell think I should be king. Should have named Maximus something like Mortimer.

Edit: You know what, after so many years of inbreeding due to having a population too small for genetic diversity, I guess it makes sense for everyone to be emotionally unstable idiots.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 31, 2017

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Aleph Null posted:

There were like six miners sent, right? Whey did we only see maybe two of them?

Edit: it's also hilarious that Karnak confirmed that the entire royal family is just as awful as we thought they were after the heartfelt speech to Mortis turning out to be a "lol j/k". I know people joked about Gorgon being special needs, but... drat.

Edit: and Blackbolt being all ready to murder his brother, no trial, no nothing, and using the excuse "he cut all your hair off". We had to rely on Medusa to be the voice of reason and that is scary.

Edit: Also, if my name was "maximus" and my brother's name was "blackbolt" I'd sure as hell think I should be king. Should have named Maximus something like Mortimer.

Edit: You know what, after so many years of inbreeding due to having a population too small for genetic diversity, I guess it makes sense for everyone to be emotionally unstable idiots.

What do you think the odds are that the miners, and the fact that they're now stuck on earth is ever going to come up again? I wouldn't be surprised if oracle boy gets more scenes and forgets to ever mention his dad abandoned on earth.

Edit: If my name was Maximum and my brother's name was Blackbolt, I'd sure as hell think my parents should be committed.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

They named him Blackagar, not Blackbolt.

Blackagar Boltagon and Maximus Boltagon.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Phenotype posted:

They named him Blackagar, not Blackbolt.

They really should have just abandoned the original Inhuman names. I mean, not-Felicity makes fun of them for about 5 seconds and then it is never brought up again.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

Edit: If my name was Maximum and my brother's name was Blackbolt, I'd sure as hell think my parents should be committed.

They also had the brilliant idea of putting Black Bolt through Terrigenesis very young. In utero young. He spent the first 19 years of his life in that isolation chamber/anti-Black-Bolt-woo-woo place (Yeah, I started laughing when Karnak was making fun of Mortis, gently caress this show)

BUT HEY they waited with Maximus! They waited til he was born, then shoved him in a Terrigen chamber pretty much immediately after, because they apparently didn't learn the first time!

Yeah, I pretty much consider the names inconsequential, they are awful people regardless and I'm glad Black Bolt killed them in the show, since they never got called out for any of their poo poo in the comics (Well, they died because of Black Bolt and Maximus both in the comics).

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Takezio posted:

They also had the brilliant idea of putting Black Bolt through Terrigenesis very young. In utero young. He spent the first 19 years of his life in that isolation chamber/anti-Black-Bolt-woo-woo place (Yeah, I started laughing when Karnak was making fun of Mortis, gently caress this show)

BUT HEY they waited with Maximus! They waited til he was born, then shoved him in a Terrigen chamber pretty much immediately after, because they apparently didn't learn the first time!

Yeah, I pretty much consider the names inconsequential, they are awful people regardless and I'm glad Black Bolt killed them in the show, since they never got called out for any of their poo poo in the comics (Well, they died because of Black Bolt and Maximus both in the comics).

When I take over the world, western comics are going up against the wall right next to anime.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
My kill list is anyone who works on radio, and talks about the Bachelor all day. People who walk up stairs one at a time, and anyone who plays cricket.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Crystal is like the Shannon of this show.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Holy poo poo the music in this show is loving horrible. Does everything look so cheap because they blew the budget on licensing music?

Re-watching some of the fight scenes on AOS and they tend to have the music in the background and use in-house music rather than licensing. It really helps supplement the good fight scenes in that show. In this show the loving licensed music just overpowers the lovely fight scenes, making it even worse.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 2, 2017

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Honestly, it's almost impressive how not a single one of the songs has managed to do its job and actually enhance the scenes they were in.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Svensken posted:

Honestly, it's almost impressive how not a single one of the songs has managed to do its job and actually enhance the scenes they were in.

I think you can apply that to the characters, CG, dialog, sets, pretty much everything. This show is very much raw rear end.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I hope they all go back to the moon and Black Bolt stubs his toe and yells in pain and ends up destroying the moon with everyone on it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Doctor Butts posted:

I hope they all go back to the moon and Black Bolt stubs his toe and yells in pain and ends up destroying the moon with everyone on it.

Or someone tells a really great joke about "inhumans from the moon are like this, and inhumans from earth are like this" and makes him laugh.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
HAhahahahHA speaking of which

Turns out they're gonna introduce the pretty decent Nuhumans character Flint on Agents of SHIELD instead of the actual Inhumans show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrianWilly posted:

HAhahahahHA speaking of which

Turns out they're gonna introduce the pretty decent Nuhumans character Flint on Agents of SHIELD instead of the actual Inhumans show.

Wait... S.W.O.R.D :circlefap:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phenotype posted:

new reboot of bill and ted lookin good

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What the poo poo is a nuhuman?

Nuhuman... numan... Newman.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

What the poo poo is a nuhuman?

Nuhuman... numan... Newman.

A Nuhuman is one of the new waves of Inhumans created after Black Bolt aerosolized all the Terrigen and bow there's a wandering cloud of it that won't disperse.

Similar to the Inhumans created by the fish oil in AoS.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
He'll probably just end up being one of the fish oil Inhumans. Even if Black Bolt ends up detonating some sort of Terrigen bomb in the next...oh, two episodes of this show, that would still be a redundant "Well, so what?" moment 'cuz, well, the fish oil thing had already happened.

I just think it's hilarious that they ended up throwing up their hands, saying "gently caress it," and putting this main bona fide Inhuman character in what's ostensibly the Inhumans D-plot show instead of the show that should actually be about the main bona fide Inhuman characters. (Remember that, up until this point, Lash was the only actual Inhuman on AoS who was in fact an Inhuman in the source comics)

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

I'm watching ep 7 right now and... Karnak just deflected a loving laser with his foot??

I like this show and all, but sometimes I swear to God the writers are drunk out of their gourds.

EDIT: And now let's take a break in the action so Crystal can pine over the boy she met on her Hawaiian vacation. :doh:

Yakmouth fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 4, 2017

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Yakmouth posted:

I'm watching ep 7 right now and... Karnak just deflected a loving laser with his foot??

I thought it bounced off the wall.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Mraagvpeine posted:

I thought it bounced off the wall.

Maybe, I guess.

It took me out of the moment at any rate.

Overall I thought it was a solid episode — if the writers hadn’t faffed around in Hawaii for five hours I think this series might have been salvageable.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Yakmouth posted:

I like this show and all

Why? I'm genuinely curious.

I'm only watching because this might be the only chance we getat seeing these characters in a live-action format.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

AOS doesn't deserve to share a thread with this abomination

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
This show is AMAZING. The heroes are divine right monarchists who enforce a rigid caste-based underclass.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wasn't expecting the best action scene of the season to involve Triton but welp.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Svensken posted:

Why? I'm genuinely curious.

I'm only watching because this might be the only chance we getat seeing these characters in a live-action format.

I'm not going to pretend this show is amazing or life-changing or whatever, because it clearly isn't. I guess that for me, 'liked it' is kind of my default state unless I'm actively convinced otherwise, especially when it comes to comic-book stuff and MCU stuff specifically. You can chalk it up to low standards, or fanboyism, or what have you -- but Marvel has been entertaining me for a long time now and they've racked up a lot of goodwill to burn through. And network television shows take time to find their voice more often than they don't. Seven episodes is nothing when it comes to a cast and crew working out the kinks in their process. Given more time I genuinely believe this show could have become something worthy of the MCU Imprint.

As to the show's actual 'qualities' -- well just like you said, I enjoy the characters from the comics and like seeing them on my TV. I also think that at least some of the actors are doing a bang-up job in their portrayal -- Leung and Mount are particularly good, and the only one who I'd peg as actively bad is Isabelle Cornish. The show has anywhere from mediocre to outright awful dialogue and she doesn't seem a strong enough performer to overcome that.

Also, to me at least this show feels like it's doing something different from its other super-hero competitors. Say what you will about it, this clearly isn't an Arrowverse or MCUNetflix clone trying to cash in on an already proven formula. The fact that the experiment isn't entirely working doesn't bother me very much.

You know how people say all the time that quality and popularity are not synonymous? It's a bad show, and I like watching it. I'm not hate-watching it, or 'ironically' watching it -- I'll be sad to see it go off the air. But yes, it's still a pretty bad show.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The experiment isn’t working at all. This show feels like a throwback to those direct-to-syndication trash shows that plagued cable networks during the 90s. It would be right at home airing alongside Relic Hunter and Mortal Kombat: Conquest. Maybe a Highlander series. It’s really just bad. But it’s at least kind of fascinatingly corny and awful, which makes it kind of watchable. It’s painfully stupid, but at least it’s not boring (except for everything involving Crystal, which is stupid and boring).

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Phylodox posted:

The experiment isn’t working at all. This show feels like a throwback to those direct-to-syndication trash shows that plagued cable networks during the 90s. It would be right at home airing alongside Relic Hunter and Mortal Kombat: Conquest. Maybe a Highlander series. It’s really just bad. But it’s at least kind of fascinatingly corny and awful, which makes it kind of watchable. It’s painfully stupid, but at least it’s not boring (except for everything involving Crystal, which is stupid and boring).

Right. So two months ago, after I saw Inhumans on Imax for the second time, I posted this:

Yakmouth posted:

Overall the show has a strong 'B - movie' vibe to it, like something to come out of Australia or Canada (Relic Hunter, Lex, Elephant Princess) -- the kind of show to watch hung-over on a Sunday afternoon.

So, yeah. Not arguing with anyone over the quality of the show. It is what it is. But I still like it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know, it just struck me that for such a small limited population on the Moon it's amazing that they have so many distinct ethnicities and aren't all a pleasant shade of tan.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know, it just struck me that for such a small limited population on the Moon it's amazing that they have so many distinct ethnicities and aren't all a pleasant shade of tan.

Space Beige, the colour of the universe.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know why, if they were always planning on bringing Triton back, they didn't feature him in any flashbacks at all. Sure the characters may care that he's alive but for the audience we saw him for a grand total of like a minute in the very first episode and that was it. We don't have a reason to care that he's alive.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

I don't know why, if they were always planning on bringing Triton back, they didn't feature him in any flashbacks at all. Sure the characters may care that he's alive but for the audience we saw him for a grand total of like a minute in the very first episode and that was it. We don't have a reason to care that he's alive.

Needed a guy who flips, while whosits trys to fix Gorgon.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

I can’t believe that Triton’s official job is apparently Covert Operative. Even among other inhumans he doesn’t exactly blend in.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
People talking about how they're a royal family and Maximus is right need to realize that the Marvel Comics Ranking of Assholes goes:

1) Namor
2) Black Bolt
3) Medusa

Leading a slave rebellion is what Maximus is best at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rocksicles posted:

Space Beige, the colour of the universe.

I guess they need to keep their blood pure and unsullied, I guess?

• Locked thread