Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Wazzit posted:

The changes they made to Survival seem to have made the mode a lot better. Games don't drag out to 30 minutes, feels faster paced. I still prefer Countdown but I have to say, it was a pretty good Trials weekend. Went flawless 3 times and passed the 100 wins on my emblem.

wait 100 times flawless? wtf

either way tell us more about your incredible e-penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Wazzit posted:

The changes they made to Survival seem to have made the mode a lot better. Games don't drag out to 30 minutes, feels faster paced. I still prefer Countdown but I have to say, it was a pretty good Trials weekend. Went flawless 3 times and passed the 100 wins on my emblem.

I had one game of survival that came down to the very last round, and also had two tie rounds. It was excruciating because all I wanted was to get through Shaxx's dumb missions to unlock the pvp milestone.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I have yet to win a trials. Eh.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

actionjackson posted:

no he said 100 wins

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah it's just the total trials win emblem.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

actionjackson posted:

Having watched Wazzit play Titanfall 2 pvp, you can't handle hearing about his e-penis.

Also, Titanfall 2 has fun pvp if anyone is looking for a game to play.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PathAsc posted:

I tried once with some... pretty lovely players and we won 1 round on me stringing together a ridiculous kill streak but hilariously lost every other round across 3 matches.

I also couldn't IB with these clowns. Lost 7 games in a row. These people are not good at Destiny PVP... nor PVE really now that I think about it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

PathAsc posted:

I have yet to even play Trials and I think I'm the biggest winner cause of it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I got a 7-1 card with some randoms from lfg because one dude was playing out of his mind, got all the weapons I wanted but was not allowed to travel down the giant rear end in a top hat at the end

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I just got an exotic engram for finishing an Adventure... That's never happened before. Huh.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

TaurusOxford posted:

I have yet to even play Trials and I think I'm the biggest winner cause of it.

You are.

The stupid pregame hype trailer of both teams is enough to make you lose yourself

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PathAsc posted:

You are.

The stupid pregame hype trailer of both teams is enough to make you lose yourself

MIDA and MIDA and MIDA and MIDA

vs

MIDA and MIDA and Vigilance Wing and MIDA

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

MIDA and MIDA and MIDA and MIDA

VUSSUS

MIDA and MIDA and Vigilance Wing and MIDA

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cvnvcnv posted:

Everyone used to bemoan the hell outta Rift but it was secretly the best game in a SBMM world, the last refuge for true casual play. It's big floppy donkey dick that it's gone while Supremacy is shoved down our pants despite having always been the bad touch.

Supremacy is okay, but sometimes I can't help but go for a rousing game of lethal space basketball whereinst Space Jam jokes can be made

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

Supremacy is okay, but sometimes I can't help but go for a rousing game of lethal space basketball whereinst Space Jam jokes can be made

god damnit, rift was so good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So when I'm defeating multiple Fallen with Drang without reloading, just how many Fallen do I have to kill for it to count? The answer's over 6, so far.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RBA Starblade posted:

So when I'm defeating multiple Fallen with Drang without reloading, just how many Fallen do I have to kill for it to count? The answer's over 6, so far.

its gotta be fast too

like double kill in pvp speed fast, not just killed a guy, doot doot doot wander over here, kill this guy, oh a chest I'll get that I guess, hey piss off dreg I want a token

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

You have to kill them quickly for it to count. Shanks and Dregs are the best for this.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

You have to kill fallen on Nessus, for some reason. It didn't work for me anywhere else.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was on Titan and taking my time, I'll head over to Nessus and hammer the trigger. Thanks! I have three quests taking up space, that, Rat King, and Acrius so I figured I'd get one out of the way.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

It's also pairs of enemies. Which of course makes bungie sense.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
CoD WW2 makes D2 look like a masterpiece.

Holy gently caress that is a real piece of poo poo. Whoever designed the UI needs to loving die.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The demo was fine? :shrug:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Having just finished struggling through this:

On Nessus, there are two things you need to do.
1: Kill 10 Fallen without reloading. It doesn't need to be super fast but it does need to be in the same fight (no not quite DOUBLE KILL speed but not nothing). This one is easy once you are on the right planet. There are a lot of clusters of Dregs and Shanks near the crazy AI lady, so go there.
2: Kill 10 yellow bar Fallen. This one is easier if you can find yellow bar Fallen. It is not super easy to find yellow bar Fallen. They show up in group content which means other people keep getting the final blow. The tip I got was: in the same area, go to Exodus Siege adventure. It's near the exit to the big area. Start it and a yellow bar Mauruder runs right at you. Kill it, abandon the adventure, start the adventure. Do this 10 times.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

doingitwrong posted:

1: Kill 10 Fallen without reloading. It doesn't need to be super fast but it does need to be in the same fight (no not quite DOUBLE KILL speed but not nothing). This one is easy once you are on the right planet. There are a lot of clusters of Dregs and Shanks near the crazy AI lady, so go there.
2: Kill 10 yellow bar Fallen. This one is easier if you can find yellow bar Fallen. It is not super easy to find yellow bar Fallen. They show up in group content which means other people keep getting the final blow. The tip I got was: in the same area, go to Exodus Siege adventure. It's near the exit to the big area. Start it and a yellow bar Mauruder runs right at you. Kill it, abandon the adventure, start the adventure. Do this 10 times.

1. Kill 2 things, reload (extra kills don't count). It can be in different fights, it can practically be minutes later. The window is so huge on this I'm not even sure it exists.
2. You can also do the lost sector in the Exodus Black area.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lumpy posted:

Having watched Wazzit play Titanfall 2 pvp, you can't handle hearing about his e-penis.

Also, Titanfall 2 has fun pvp if anyone is looking for a game to play.

If titanfall 3/respawn gets ea'd I'm gonna kill myaelf

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

If titanfall 3/respawn gets ea'd I'm gonna kill myaelf

Considering how well EA handled the Titanfall2 launch, I’m not holding my breath.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

doingitwrong posted:

they way you have 2 will work, but it's kind of annoying. The best option imo is to do fallen public events, especially glimmer extraction. The orange guys count (or at least they did when I got it) so one event will technically have enough to beat this even if you don't go heroic. However you'd have to do it solo to effectively accomplish this, but going heroic also gives you a good chance to do it in one shot anyway.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pops Mgee posted:

Considering how well EA handled the Titanfall2 launch, I’m not holding my breath.

It's cool how they released the game to zero fanfare going up against a Call of Duty also built around sci-fi future war traversal, and their own fall blockbuster shooter.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Down to 900k a day across 3 platforms.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

CheeseFactory posted:

Jesus.

Expansion get here now!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Did they put the stats back up?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

there’s no chart like before but the landing page still has Daily #s

anyway that 900k is crucible and holding 900k players on the first weekend a new call of duty is out seems not terrible? Idk

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvhGfLox2Sk

"the first two guys didn't make it, but that won't happen to me"

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
https://youtu.be/tN_yL-bgScM

:discourse:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

there’s no chart like before but the landing page still has Daily #s

anyway that 900k is crucible and holding 900k players on the first weekend a new call of duty is out seems not terrible? Idk

On one hand 900k crucible is good because CoD came out, on the other CoD sucks now and that 900k is counting PC and Trials being back/out and it's a weekend and that is below the 1m weekday figure that was just PS4/Bone when Tracker threw a fit. Also GG shows 900k as well. Any game with 900k players isn't dead but those numbers are really bad.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The funny thing to me is how the PvE/PvP numbers tracked pretty evenly at release and after for a while, and now PvE is over 2x PvP. This pvp is so loving boring and lame.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Guardian gg has the previous days numbers on its front page.

Bottom of screen on mobile.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fiahkLffKfk&feature=youtu.be&t=10m23s

lul

FYI n-douche is one of the dudes who would get invited to Bungie and play on their streams and poo poo, he was on the private match reveal stuff for D1

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fiahkLffKfk&feature=youtu.be&t=10m23s

lul

FYI n-douche is one of the dudes who would get invited to Bungie and play on their streams and poo poo, he was on the private match reveal stuff for D1

Oh, good, maybe this means that we'll get things improved around heahahahahahahaha