Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The higher your sub count the more you degenerate as a human. Eventually you become a shapeless mass that can only communicate in catchphrases and buzzwords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That makes sense, I have a pretty small channel. I cannot wait until I too can pull off a flawless Jabba the Hutt cosplay

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Internet Kraken posted:

The higher your sub count the more you degenerate as a human. Eventually you become a shapeless mass that can only communicate in catchphrases and buzzwords.

Hey there YouTube, it's me, ya boy

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I have no mouth and I must like and subscribe

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Joe Gillian posted:

It might just be because you're a pothead? The biggest reason I stopped playing games as much is because I appreciated the down time that came from bowl hits more and more. Now I browse the internet and watch movies more than anything.

Nah, I smoked just as much weed if not more 15 years ago and back then I played NetHack and ADoM a whole drat lot. In fact, it occurs to me the reason I stopped playing those two games was primarily because I'd gotten "too good" at them.

I went to bed before Fortnite: BR finished downloading, and now I'm oddly looking forward to playing it, despite me previous statement about having no desire to ever play PUBG. Maybe it's just an aesthetics thing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when you post the 250,000 subscriber special

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/_teitokuma/status/926612948038103041

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

What's up guys it's your boy JT Hutt 69 (haha nice), back to thank you all once again with my Youtube Diamond Play Button Unboxing Vid

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm not sure why we stopped mocking a terrible, horribly organized public event and started fatshaming someone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GITikLYExiY

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Sorry goons for the C.I.A type page but.. (Mario Odyssey still so don't look)

Kinda glad that I decdied to Darker Side as soon as I could because yeah it's kinda a bit... eh? The challenges are great, but I really dont' like the Broodals.Just somethintg about their design makes me wanna punch them (probably because they remind me of the Rabbids) Funny thing is they actually kicked my rear end for a bit because of the lack of gravity. I also didn't know I could get a freeby life extender which made me look stupid when I bought it. Even more hilarious after I get the 6 hearts I nearly no hit everyone on my successfull run.

Nah, Rabbids are cute and animated. The Broodals have Bowser's weird lumpy rigid clay face permanently twisted into a scowl. They look like they were rejected koopaling designs though I like the girl and tall guy, the leprechaun and uh Angus Young are lame.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

transition at about 33 seconds in is really loving good, I really love this game. can't wait to beat it so I can replay as one of the crazy dlc chars

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't think Mario Odyssey could top Mario escaping a loving T-rex in the middle of the city on a motorcycle. And then I played the musical sequence.

This is an extremely good game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't connect the broodals to the moon theme until i got to the dark side with all the bunnies and the giant carrot tower and i remembered moon rabbits are a thing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

BM0 was an extremely good first foray into the Switch for me :)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Raxivace posted:

I didn't think Mario Odyssey could top Mario escaping a loving T-rex in the middle of the city on a motorcycle. And then I played the musical sequence.

This is an extremely good game.

wow is that first thing postgame or am I clearly not looking hard enough in the city area

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ciaphas posted:

BM0 was an extremely good first foray into the Switch for me :)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

wow is that first thing postgame or am I clearly not looking hard enough in the city area

It's in the city from the start. Unfortunately I completely forget where but it's around city hall.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Glad to see assassin's Creed origins follows the modern open world game trend of speeding up to incomprehensibility near the end because they ran out of money

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I expected nothing less.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

Glad to see assassin's Creed origins follows the modern open world game trend of speeding up to incomprehensibility near the end because they ran out of money

I think that happens more because they know that a shockingly low number of people who buy games, especially AAA games, ever finishes them. Even noted GOTY contender Horizon has an incredibly rushed endgame.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

to me, the incomprehensibility starts at the very beginning, when the player decides to play aco !!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

precision posted:

I think that happens more because they know that a shockingly low number of people who buy games, especially AAA games, ever finishes them. Even noted GOTY contender Horizon has an incredibly rushed endgame.

I don't think it does, really. The main plot unfolds at a very consistent pace.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

I have no mouth and I must like and subscribe

:hai:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Assassin's Creed Origins (2017)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

all the sphynx's are my friend, and funny. love those guys

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I love RE7 but it def had the worst "rushed ran-out-of-monies" endgame this year. the first 3 areas centering around the Bakers all own. The boat is a loving slog and the salt mine just throws the spooky stuff out the window and it becomes a gauntlet of dozens of slimeballs. The final boss is really amazing and saves it, though. Game could have been that much closer to perfection if you didn't have to leave the titular residence in the best Resident Evil in years.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think it does, really. The main plot unfolds at a very consistent pace.
Yeah and it definitely can't be called an INCREDIBLY rushed endgame. Even when it's geared towards a sequel it's still good and unfolds nicely - throwing it into the bag of titles with obviously rushed endings reeks of hyperbole to serve an argument.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cn7fTb6GSE

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I need to play Chaos Theory again. And Blacklist. And I want another Splinter Cell.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

oddium posted:

Should you really be answering questions right now?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Palpek posted:

Yeah and it definitely can't be called an INCREDIBLY rushed endgame. Even when it's geared towards a sequel it's still good and unfolds nicely - throwing it into the bag of titles with obviously rushed endings reeks of hyperbole to serve an argument.

Fair point, I suppose there's a difference between "rushed" and "accelerates".

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzhjG6OkvI

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Say what you like about SH:Homecoming, it still had a bangin' Yamaoka soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsArSDDwOv0

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

It's super hosed up the post-game sphynxs you have to spot with the binoculars don't give you questions or talk to you. That dude's my pal and I want to chat with him more.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I love and will protect my retarded sons

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

to me, the incomprehensibility starts at the very beginning, when the player decides to play aco !!

To me the incomprehensible thing is why you continue to bother posting your endlessly tiresome bullshit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
blind allegiance to hatred of a series is just as bad as blind allegiance to buying a game in a series imo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The remix album of this for the 3DS version is so loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

To me the incomprehensible thing is why you continue to bother posting your endlessly tiresome bullshit.

:eyepop:

• Locked thread