Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Everything I hear about Justice League makes it sound worse and worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Guy A. Person posted:

I don't know what people's beef with his suit is either, I think it's looking real good, especially in motion. Like the texture and silhouette a lot.

I thought the way his costume looked all jagged and like a bunch of crystals or something was weird in the early release stuff. But it doesn't actually bug me seeing it in action. One of the many examples of why I try not to get all worked up about poo poo until I actually see the finished product.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More JL clips.

WW stopping terrorists at a bank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxlqTx7DTg

The League fighting Steppenwolf underneath Gotham.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBzRV9Tk1VU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The MSJ posted:

More JL clips.

That's cool, I didn't realize they released more of the failed WW pilot, or that the CW shows had guest appearances by the Justice League.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm undergoing a process of de-hyping please help :(

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Batman's weird jump where he just kinda slides sideways in midair and dude holding a missile like that are both awful. It doesn't matter how strong you are, unless you're massive and weigh several tons, it's going to move you.

Think this poo poo through a little.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

The MSJ posted:

More JL clips.

Everything in both of these looks like actual poo poo

Seriously that shot of Batman standing on top of the Batmobile is HORRIBLE

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 6, 2017

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Renoistic posted:

The tonal whiplash between MoS, BvS and this movie reeks of desperation.

Yeah, but this one looks bad enough that you might have to see it to believe it.

GonSmithe posted:

Everything in both of these looks like actual poo poo

Seriously that shot of Batman standing on top of the Batmobile is HORRIBLE

Roose Bolton's hat

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Still curious which shots are Whedon and which shots are Snyder.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm not feeling that Steppenwolf design.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm not going to watch the new clips. The Gordon one sealed the deal for me, and I want to watch the train wreck unfold in real time.

I wonder why there are so many clips showing up this early. That can't be normal, right? I can't remember the same thing happening with any recent big profile movie.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Didn't Spider-Man Homecoming release a bunch of clips before the movie came out?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MonsieurChoc posted:

The basic shape of the helmet and stuff is fine, but all has this texture to it that makes it look like total poo poo, the execution's horrible.

These clips, oh man, what's going to happen when people think this one sucks? I mean their next big movie is Wonder Woman II so that will probably do fine critically and make a ton of money but what direction will the overall franchise go in next?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Neo Rasa posted:

These clips, oh man, what's going to happen when people think this one sucks? I mean their next big movie is Wonder Woman II so that will probably do fine critically and make a ton of money but what direction will the overall franchise go in next?

Wonder Woman might even be pushed out to 2020 since Star Wars got moved to its date in 2019. If that's the case that's one movie in 2018 and possibly one movie in 2019. So three MCU movies for every DC one plus Fox's X-men universe is having 3 movies next year. WB really have made a mess of things.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Originally there is going to be a Flash movie but it was delayed because Geoff Johns wants it to be Flashpoint.

The next two DCEU movies to start production are Shazam and maybe Suicide Squad 2.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Apart from Geoff Johns, who loving likes Flashpoint. Who is demanding more Flashpoint. Show yourself, coward.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

kilus aof posted:

Wonder Woman might even be pushed out to 2020 since Star Wars got moved to its date in 2019. If that's the case that's one movie in 2018 and possibly one movie in 2019. So three MCU movies for every DC one plus Fox's X-men universe is having 3 movies next year. WB really have made a mess of things.

I don't know, one movie a year sounds utterly sane to me.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't know, one movie a year sounds utterly sane to me.

If they planned that it would be sane. But their plan was 2-3 movies per year and the only reason why that isn't happening is development woes.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The MSJ posted:

Originally there is going to be a Flash movie but it was delayed because Geoff Johns wants it to be Flashpoint.

Even that's up in the air. Variety or THR had an article last week that basically said if Justice League bombs, pretty much every DC movie outside of Wonder Woman 2 and Suicide Squad 2 is getting scrapped.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One could argue that having 3 movies a year is not sane.

2017 had 3 MCU movies, but that gets a pass because Marvel Studios outsourced Spider-Man to Sony.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's dumb. This isn't like the Dark Universe. These movies make money. The only logical action is Keep On Truckin, critics be damned. Nerds complain about it on the internet, but they're still seeing it. What a shame you're only making $900 million instead of $1 billion

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

One could argue that having 3 movies a year is not sane.

2017 had 3 MCU movies, but that gets a pass because Marvel Studios outsourced Spider-Man to Sony.

The MCU movies just passed the $13 billion mark in worldwide ticket sales (and at least the same again in merchandise sales) and that overrides absolutely every argument as far as Disney is concerned. Sanity is no longer a factor.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's dumb. This isn't like the Dark Universe. These movies make money. The only logical action is Keep On Truckin, critics be damned. Nerds complain about it on the internet, but they're still seeing it. What a shame you're only making $900 million instead of $1 billion

That extra 100 million could be used to cover up all the women the executives and director have sexually assaulted over the years. Lawyers and settlements are expensive after all.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The MSJ posted:

More JL clips.

The effects in that sequence HAVE to be 50% completed or something, look at the straight line "blending" from the gravel to....mush? behind the parademon:

Yes there are vertical lines breaking up the scenery there(when you build sets you purposefully choose these locations for set extensions) but that doesn't explain the loss of definition, it's like a texture failed to load in a videogame.

lmao @ Batman using his main defensive weapon - the grappling hook he uses to escape situations and reach safer heights is used offensively to spear a faceless cg bad guy. Justice League is going to be so weird.

another lmao: spread your legs out, plant yourself or something, you just lasso'd man sized a demon bug.... I don't know why this pose bothers me so much but it looks so goofy.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 6, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao @ Batman using his main defensive weapon - the grappling hook he uses to escape situations and reach safer heights is used offensively to spear a faceless cg bad guy. Justice League is going to be so weird.

another lmao: spread your legs out, plant yourself or something, you just lasso'd man sized a demon bug.... I don't know why this pose bothers me so much but it looks so goofy.

It's completely in line with Wonder Woman that this supposedly "lighter" movie still have Batman mercilessly killing enemy combatants (one trailer showed an ancient human soldier being transformed into a parademon).

Batman has used the grapple as a weapon before. At least in the Arkham games, Batman can use it to quickly pull an enemy and then punch him. I remember using that move a lot against Deathstroke in Origins.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The MSJ posted:

It's completely in line with Wonder Woman that this supposedly "lighter" movie still have Batman mercilessly killing enemy combatants (one trailer showed an ancient human soldier being transformed into a parademon).

Batman has used the grapple as a weapon before. At least in the Arkham games, Batman can use it to quickly pull an enemy and then punch him. I remember using that move a lot against Deathstroke in Origins.

He beat Bane in the animated series with the grapple gun.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah I liked his armor and general look but his face is just not doing it for me. I liked the more animalistic look from the cut BvS clip.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rough Lobster posted:

Yeah I liked his armor and general look but his face is just not doing it for me. I liked the more animalistic look from the cut BvS clip.

Same. That was more demonic and unnatural and it fit an awe inspiring tone. I'm guessing that since it was all CG they got complaints from fanboys on Doomsday being CG and so they went with a real person acting as Steppanwolf.

They need to stop listening to stupid fanboys and do the right thing.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I don't know why, but Gadot just doesn't remotely sell the Wonder Woman thing for me. At all. I can't put my finger on it, but I just do not get it at all. She doesn't seem particularly strong or dangerous, maybe it just doesn't translate from page-> screen that well? Am I alone in this?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No lots of gross nerds complained about muscle mass and not wanting a 90 pound Wonder woman

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Also the bat signal rooftop scene when the Flash arrives next to already present Batman and WW, he makes this weird rear end slow motion pose that looks the diametric opposite of natural

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No lots of gross nerds complained about muscle mass and not wanting a 90 pound Wonder woman

Eh, I am not sure a beefier version would have helped, except in static shots, maybe? There's the general issue of "floatiness" and CGI during these fights, and hers seem to be the worst example. Maybe that's it.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

1000x this. It's not a sin to have your characters actually look like they're exerting themselves to do this poo poo. There's time for cool posing after.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
I think some of the effects are going to look really bad because of the extensive re-shoots etc. they did during the summer. Usually most of the effect shots are planned months, if not years ahead and they are done with pre-viz so they have the basic structure and animation of the shots and scenes planned ahead.

Now they basically had to start from scratch and they still had the same November deadline they had a year before when the filming was originally wrapped. So there's no way they had the shots planned out in a way they could spent enough time to make the effects look good.
I can only imagine how catastrophic the final film will be when you can already see the seams and horrible editing from these short clips alone.
At the same time I feel really bad for everyone involved in the production yet from a technical standpoint I want to see how much of a trainwreck it is and if it even resembles a coherent movie. I wanted them to do good, but it's their own fault for making GBS threads the bed so here we are.

And that Batman shot is fully CGI. Look at the way he moves. Jesus christ.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

dont even fink about it posted:

Yeah, but this one looks bad enough that you might have to see it to believe it.

Roose Bolton's hat

I'm a Belieber. Glad to see WW is one too.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That Justice League clip is "Necromancer's Choice" in reverse.

My sympathies to Warner Bros.

(for those that don't get the reference: Diablo 3's premiere trailer had a much more varied and brighter color palette than the previous game and a bunch of nerds flipped their wig and circulated a really stupid image of how they wanted the game to look and it looked just as hacky and pasted on as this poo poo)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bats grappling demons from apparently a very precarious column

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We got Billy Batson!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shazam-asher-angel-star-as-billy-batson-dc-movie-1055189

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Another clip from JL, with Bruce and Alfred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPH5_NF42Dk

I guess I don't kind of hate this clip? Kind of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cool! This means they gotta start filming soon. Can't let the kid age out while waiting for it to start.

• Locked thread