Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

FronzelNeekburm posted:

...and Doonesbury.

Trudeau always amazes me with the breadth and depth of his interconnected character world. Kim (seen in the first and last panels; Mike Doonesbury's second wife) first showed up in 1975 as a bizarrely media-savvy Vietnamese orphan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Why aren't you reporting on this unrelated thing we've completely misconstrued that happened a year ago???

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

That two-week delay really biting Tinsley on the rear end again

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

quote:

Several called the column sexist and accused him of body shaming. Others responded by attacking Mr. Horsey’s own appearance.

Oh our culture. :allears:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

grande and venti are fake words now?

Well, when they're used in place of "medium" and "large" instead of their actual meanings...

loquacius posted:

This is cool art and everything, but, does Prince Valiant ever have, like, dialogue in it

The fact that there are no speech bubbles in it makes the whole thing feel like exposition or a prologue to me for some reason

No, Prince Valiant has always been pictures and text. No balloons, caption boxes, or any of that newfangled stuff.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The sizes at starbuck's are big, big, and 20. I don't see what's confusing about that.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Mister Mind posted:

Trudeau always amazes me with the breadth and depth of his interconnected character world. Kim (seen in the first and last panels; Mike Doonesbury's second wife) first showed up in 1975 as a bizarrely media-savvy Vietnamese orphan.

I still can't help but find it a little creepy that Mike married Kim, given the massive gulf in age, and, well, the fact that she was a LITERAL INFANT when introduced to the strip at the same time as Mike was in college having shenanigans. Plus, I first read all these older collections that had belonged my uncle when I was in my early teens, myself, and current-day Doonesbury at the time had Mike as an early middle-aged man and Kim as, well, a teenager, as I recall.

I mean, at least he waited until she was legal and wasn't her stepdad or something, so not mega creepy, but...still.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, white? Really? His profile picture on Facebook was two black children.

Well, you know the sort of picture hunters like to take.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

I have yet to read a single Streeter cartoon fully, and I submit that such a task is impossible. The human brain will not allow it. Every time I try my mind just hits the 'abort mission' button and my eyes dart away from it. It's like trying to read the Necronomicon.

Wang_Tang
Jan 11, 2004

Cryptologic
I learned a valuable lesson this weekend on how to get blocked by Ben Garrison on Twitter. All one needs to do is find a tweet of his expressing righteous indignation over some political issue. For me, it was the whole Horsey SHuckS body-shaming thing. I can't read the original tweet anymore, but it was basically "This is an example of the hypocrisy of the left" or some nonsense.

The only proper response was to remind him of his hypocrisy (in a not so nice way) along with one of his cartoons where he did the same thing Horsey did to Michelle Obama.

Guaranteed he will block you.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

rodbeard posted:

The sizes at starbuck's are big, big, and 20. I don't see what's confusing about that.

20 is the least confusing one though because it tells you exactly how much drink you're getting.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
20 what, parsecs?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That's a pretty long drink.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Fathis Munk posted:

That's a pretty long drink.

I'll say, you could do the Kessel run in less than that.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Kegluneq posted:

I'll say, you could do the Kessel run in less than that.

Depends how fast your ship is.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Neeeerrrrrrds!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Samurai Sanders posted:

Neeeerrrrrrds!

Takes one to know one :smugbert:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

A small country with its own armed forces and random guys running people over with vans, two things of similar strength

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shuka posted:

Yes completely unneccessary aggression you must be bopping through life

Honestly, its kinda funny that Zelda is both milquetoast and so offensive that people put me on ignore.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alhazred posted:

Honestly, its kinda funny that Zelda is both milquetoast and so offensive that people put me on ignore.

I'm too offended by the art to read the words.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm too offended by the art to read the words.

How the hell do you read literally anything in this thread?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

nope

Mayor :argh: Kenney posted:

The Kenney Administration announces the Rizzo statue is to be removed from Paine Plaza.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So are we going to finally leave the lovely nothing desert to go whine and moan in other lovely nothing places?

At some point when I have absolutely nothing better to do, I'm going to see how many republican responses to white terrorism is "sob sob" in this thread.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Where's the call for the wall? Where's the ranting for more vetting? Where's the plea to keep the murderous savages away from decent folk?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cat Mattress posted:

Where's the call for the wall? Where's the ranting for more vetting? Where's the plea to keep the murderous savages away from decent folk?

At this point it can be political cartoonists reciting this quote themselves,

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1820163660

:smith:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I posted:

I can't even rear end myself to get mad at these bullshit cartoons anymore. We get it, you hate Muslims, you want to ban Muslims, you want to force Muslims to convert to whatever evangelical megachurch you go to. White guy shooter, draw a city with a tear, Muslim shooter, ban all Muslims. Seen it before.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Pustule pizza.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Alhazred posted:

The persecution complex is not a good look on you myfriend :(

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ill-fitting helmet man is prime avatar material

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

When the Clintons left the White House in 2000, Hillary claimed they were ‘dead broke.’

Now they’ve amassed a fortune of $240 million. Doing what? Speaking fees, ‘consulting’ and book sales are cited, but what the legacy media ignores is their real money maker: The mass of red flags that is the Clinton Foundation. It was established for egalitarian reasons in 2001, but its real purpose is the enrichment of the Clintons and their cronies.

Money brings power and Hillary used it in an attempt to buy the presidency.

As Secretary of State under Obama, Hillary gained even more money and power by means of ‘pay for play,’ Nations lined up to donate mega millions to the foundation in exchange for her favors. The foundation collected over $2 billion in revenue. That money was used to buy supporters by means of first class travel tickets, bloated salaries and bribes. Clintons also used their ‘charity’ as a big tax write off. The foundation is a loudly spinning, corrupt and clanking money laundering machine crying out for an investigation.

Even the New York Times stated, “It’s hard to tell where the foundation ended and the State Department began.”

Hillary used part of her new fortune to buy out a financially struggling DNC. Then she proceeded to dominate it. She stole primaries from Bernie Sanders outright. Sanders fought back hard against her corruption. Oh wait. No, he obsequiously supported Hillary instead. Only recently has he stated, “The fix was in against us.” Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren also stated the obvious. That is, the system was rigged in Hillary’s favor. Donna Brazile described Hillary’s rigging in some detail and said Hillary treated her like a ‘whipping girl,’ a slave.

Hillary outspent Trump by a margin of 2 to 1. Her campaign ads outnumbered Trump’s 3 to 1. Hillary spent a record $1.2 billion to buy her presidency and still lost. Will she run and lose again in 2020?

Some prominent Democrats are wearily starting to wise up.

They’ve grown weary of Hillary’s drama and are speaking out against her. It may be dawning on them that Hillary is unelectable even though she still maintains her iron-clawed grip on their party. She’s seen not as a supporter of the working class, but rather part of the big money global corporation and central banking class. The one percent. She didn’t even bother to campaign in the rust belt states, which may have cost her the election. Hillary didn’t want to campaign at all—she seemed contemptuous of the process. Instead she wanted to purchase her coronation outright.

On various political message boards I read pronouncements containing the line, ‘rats deserting a sinking ship.’ Some urged me to draw a cartoon using that metaphor. The real rat is Hillary and she deserves a good sinking. If the Democrats have any smarts or integrity left, they will let her sink.

Lock her up!

—Ben Garrison

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lol

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

WTF Garrison?! No shoe, no illuminati pyramid aaand a hosed up metaphor?!
All us globalists are sorely disappointed in you!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sirtommygunn posted:

How the hell do you read literally anything in this thread?

Masochism.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Will she run and lose again in 2020?

No.

HTH, you chinless neo-Nazi dork, you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

In real life, Melania seems to be utterly devoid of personality, and doesn't really seem to do or say anything. She smiles sometimes, and that's about it? I can even remember if I've ever seen footage of Trump talking with her, rather than AT her as she silently nods.

Michelle was a fun women who had loads of charisma and had a loving realtionship with her husband, so Garrison's defination of making the first lady great again is... a) white and b) not a democrat. And that's it. Honestly I feel bad for Melania, at least Donald doesn't have the selfawareness to know how badly this adminstration is going.

• Locked thread