Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

obi_ant posted:

Thanks for the suggestion. I picked those up today. I'm weird that I don't like my food touching each other, but I'm sure I'll eventually get over it.

Also, this might not be the right place, but I'm wondering about power bricks. More specifically, the thingy that the wire goes into to charge phones and stuff like that. I have a few bricks laying around the house and I'm a bit confused as to which one charges my electronics "faster". For the brick I assume I should be looking at the total output, 2A, 1.67A and 1.25A; but I assume that this is also determined by my device's input.

So a 2A output from my brick wouldn't matter if my device can only accept 1.67A? Assuming that my brick can do 2A and my device can take 2A, then my unit would charge at 2A?

I didn't see this earlier but the same company has a similar product with separate compartments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

We have a tendency to smash wine glasses, I need something that can take some abuse. I'm open to creative ideas, it doesn't have to be especially cheap or have a stem. I might have to get a few pimp chalices if I can't come up with something better.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That should do it

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Not the worst idea, but we're old and not that sloppy, the dog took out the last few with a tail wag. I'm just looking for something fun that I don't have to worry about and I haven't found anything especially interesting yet.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
We mostly use the smallest size mason jars as wine glasses do to similar clumsy/dog issues. But really any tumbler-like glass works fine.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

bongwizzard posted:

We mostly use the smallest size mason jars as wine glasses do to similar clumsy/dog issues. But really any tumbler-like glass works fine.

Funny you say that, we've been using the baby mason jars too since we already have a lot of them. Maybe I'll stick with that. We'll see.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Snowy posted:

We have a tendency to smash wine glasses, I need something that can take some abuse. I'm open to creative ideas, it doesn't have to be especially cheap or have a stem. I might have to get a few pimp chalices if I can't come up with something better.

If you don't care about them having stems, just go to your nearest supermarket and buy some cheap glasses of whatever size you prefer. If they break, go get some more.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Snowy posted:

Not the worst idea, but we're old and not that sloppy, the dog took out the last few with a tail wag. I'm just looking for something fun that I don't have to worry about and I haven't found anything especially interesting yet.

You can do pretty well with plastic wine glasses these days.

MICHLEY Unbreakable Wine Glasses, 100% Tritan Plastic Shatterproof Wine Goblets, BPA-free, Dishwasher-safe 12.5 oz, Set of 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013OWBRD4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_tM-9zb88TKWRE

(This might be a referral link? I dunno, I copied it from the app.)

These were the nicest I could find on a quick search, but I have a set of less fancy ones that we grabbed at the local supermarket for like three bucks each. Got a bunch of clear ones for a play my mom was in and a set of colored ones for the house.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Tiggum posted:

If you don't care about them having stems, just go to your nearest supermarket and buy some cheap glasses of whatever size you prefer. If they break, go get some more.

Well yeah I have basic glasses, just checking if there's anything better around. I'm not just drinking out of a bottle since a couple stems broke.

Dewgy posted:

You can do pretty well with plastic wine glasses these days.

MICHLEY Unbreakable Wine Glasses, 100% Tritan Plastic Shatterproof Wine Goblets, BPA-free, Dishwasher-safe 12.5 oz, Set of 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013OWBRD4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_tM-9zb88TKWRE

(This might be a referral link? I dunno, I copied it from the app.)

These were the nicest I could find on a quick search, but I have a set of less fancy ones that we grabbed at the local supermarket for like three bucks each. Got a bunch of clear ones for a play my mom was in and a set of colored ones for the house.

Not the worst idea, I hadn't considered plastic really. I'd have sooner thought about getting a glass blower to make some retardedly thick ones with short stems but I'll see what's new in the plastic world in the meantime.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I'm looking for a game controller that is small enough to comfortably fit in a pocket, supports Bluetooth, and has at least 4 buttons and a D-pad or analog stick.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
8bitdo has some great quality gamepads. I have their SN30/SF30 and they're both great quality. They're reproduction SNES controllers, so they'll have enough buttons for you. They're primarily meant as Bluetooth controllers, but you can plug them in via usb and they'll act as wired controllers.

If that's still too big for you, they also offer the Zero which is designed to be as small as possible while being still being usable. It has a D-Pad, four face buttons, shoulder buttons, and two start/select buttons in the middle; so it should fit your needs. I haven't owned one though, and I haven't had what people think of it, so I couldn't tell you if it's any good or not. But I'm impressed by SN30 enough that I'd give it a suggestion none the less.

david duchovny
Dec 25, 2009

Konstantin posted:

I'm looking for a game controller that is small enough to comfortably fit in a pocket, supports Bluetooth, and has at least 4 buttons and a D-pad or analog stick.

Another option.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm looking for a standing jewelry box that isn't
1) Those full-length mirror kind
2) Made out of particle board

Google is being difficult because it keeps wanting me to go to Amazon but all they have is flimsy poo poo.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Snowy posted:

Well yeah I have basic glasses, just checking if there's anything better around. I'm not just drinking out of a bottle since a couple stems broke.

Not the worst idea, I hadn't considered plastic really. I'd have sooner thought about getting a glass blower to make some retardedly thick ones with short stems but I'll see what's new in the plastic world in the meantime.

Duralex is a brand that a lot of restaurants use; they're supposed to be more durable than plain glass.

here are some wine glasses on amazon

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

nocal posted:

Duralex is a brand that a lot of restaurants use; they're supposed to be more durable than plain glass.

here are some wine glasses on amazon

It is, all my drinking glasses are Duralex. It's not shatterproof though (although it breaks into small crystals instead of splitters), I managed to break one single glass in... must be 12 years now. I pushed back my Macbook without looking and threw it off the table.

sonic bed head
Dec 18, 2003

this is naturual, baby!
What's your favorite wallet? I am in the need for a new one. I need to have at least 5 cards and a couple of IDs so I don't want the super slim ones.

There are way too many options on Amazon. Thanks!

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Some goon was making wallets a while ago. Look around in the for sale forum. I like mine.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

sonic bed head posted:

What's your favorite wallet? I am in the need for a new one. I need to have at least 5 cards and a couple of IDs so I don't want the super slim ones.

I love the napawalli with the money clip--it's front pocketable, but i have 3 cards in the ribbon-accessible pocket, one in each slot (it could fit two in each of the two slots but not comfortably), an ID in the windowed sleeve, and a tile slim in the weird pocket i don't like for anything else (pictured)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like my Bellroy. Slim enough, looks good and has solid construction

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My friend, my brother, and myself all have belroys and they kick rear end. Would definitely buy again. I think they would too.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

sonic bed head posted:

I'm a fan of the slimfold micro softshell: https://smile.amazon.com/SlimFold-Minimalist-Wallet-Waterproof-Guaranteed/dp/B00TXP8IQG
I've had mine for about 3 years and it still looks like it's brand new.
I have 8 cards in mine, plus 10 USD bills: 4 cards in front, Driver's License and insurance card on one side, debit and credit on the other. Then 4 more in the back pockets, also split 2 and 2. No issues retrieving things or closing the wallet.

If you want more up front organization, and are fine with a larger foot print, the original size soft shell is an option: https://smile.amazon.com/SlimFold-Minimalist-RFID-Wallet-Waterproof/dp/B01HH32KSC

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

sonic bed head posted:

Exentri sounds like it's made for you.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

couldcareless posted:

My work backpack which I use to carry around my laptop and several tools and extra cables, cable tester, etc, is falling apart. I am beginning to shop for a replacement but don't want to break the bank too bad so my budget is probably under $100. Any good suggestions? My only requirements are basically a separate sleeve that can at the minimum fit a 15" laptop and hoping that it can survive daily fairly rough use.

I have a timbuk2 messenger that I really like and has really stood up to the test of time, but it's too small for my regular work carry. What I do really like about the timbuk2 messenger is the ballistic nylon they use for the fabric. If I could find something like that for material, it would be ideal.

The 5.11 RUSH 24 packs are amazing

Also The North Face packs are great too.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I know it’s a bit out of your budget but GoRuck bags are great with a lifetime replacement warranty. They can be abused to hell and back no problem.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

white sauce posted:

The 5.11 RUSH 24 packs are amazing

Truth. My 5.11 bag is incredible but be aware it doesn't have any sort of support/padding/protection for a laptop.

It is, however, tactical.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AnimalChin posted:

Truth. My 5.11 bag is incredible but be aware it doesn't have any sort of support/padding/protection for a laptop.

It is, however, tactical.

They have decent enough support, I mean there's a frame sheet in the back that makes it rigid. I'm sure they have laptop compatible models, the Rush packs are more general purpose.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I need new headphones. Would like over-the-ear style for my tiny ears (buds/pods don't work) with no real preference for wired vs wireless. Suggestions?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I need new headphones. Would like over-the-ear style for my tiny ears (buds/pods don't work) with no real preference for wired vs wireless. Suggestions?

How much are you willing to spend? Bowers and Wilkins P5s are great. Don’t know if they still make P3s, those are good too. I own both.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

obi_ant posted:

How much are you willing to spend? Bowers and Wilkins P5s are great. Don’t know if they still make P3s, those are good too. I own both.

I would prefer to stay under $150 if possible. I don't need super high-end, audiophile quality headphones.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

There is an entire thread for headphones.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Ah, thank you! Tried to find that earlier, but missed it.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Snowy posted:

You could also try steel wineglasses, commonly used for camping! The aesthetic isn't for everyone, but here's a not-terrible one at REI. I'm sure other designs can be found.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Any suggestions for a drip coffee machine, preferably with a timer?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Afriscipio posted:

Any suggestions for a drip coffee machine, preferably with a timer?

Friend of mine is a huge fan of the cuisinart grind and brew. I just use a french press so no personal experience.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
Do we have a drone thread somewhere?

I'm looking for something cheap and fun for my eldest son (12), he'd like something that can stream video to his phone (FPV), he doesn't care about the video quality. I'd like something I can get spare parts for when he inevitably trashes it. Budget of under £100.

I've been looking at the Syma X5UW, it seems well supported for parts and does everything he would want. Can anyone give any other options?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jekub posted:

Do we have a drone thread somewhere?

I'm looking for something cheap and fun for my eldest son (12), he'd like something that can stream video to his phone (FPV), he doesn't care about the video quality. I'd like something I can get spare parts for when he inevitably trashes it. Budget of under £100.

I've been looking at the Syma X5UW, it seems well supported for parts and does everything he would want. Can anyone give any other options?

Drone thread

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool

Perfect, thanks!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I take a very large number of pills in order to approximate the functionality of a normal human.

Does anyone know of a weekly/monthly pill organizer that doesn't look awful and also doesn't pop open at the slightest provocation?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

I take a very large number of pills in order to approximate the functionality of a normal human.

Does anyone know of a weekly/monthly pill organizer that doesn't look awful and also doesn't pop open at the slightest provocation?

I have been hunting for a small pill holder to hold small fishing weights, which being probably an order of magnitude heavier than a pill, really tax the dumb little plastic snap doors on pill holders. The three or four iv tried so far are all junk. The best thing I found to help with the randomly opening problem is to use a razor blade to shave down with a little nubbin on the fliptop door. It makes them harder to get into but they seem to stay shut a lot better when they're kicking around in of my bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beachcomber posted:

http://www.portandpolishco.com/shop-our-pillboxes