Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Is the HZD DLC expected to preload sometime tomorrow? I just hit Check for Update on it cause I haven't booted it since platting it a few months ago and got a 700MB update to 1.4 so that doesn't seem like the expansion.

Mine didn't start automatically, but I went to the store page and could download it from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ok thanks, was remembering I think like Bloodborne where everyone got a big update to the main app for the Old Hunters content whether you bought it or not.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Ok thanks, was remembering I think like Bloodborne where everyone got a big update to the main app for the Old Hunters content whether you bought it or not.

Yeah all the Soulsborne games had patches for DLC content whether you got it or not so that you could still interact with people who had the DLC. 2 even gave the option of letting you coop into sections of DLC as like a trial version.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can anyone who has Prey confirm that the game still feels like it has REALLY bad input lag? I thought it was my new TV but I've tried a few other games and they don't feel anywhere near as bad. Prey, fully patched, feels like you're controlling a really slow tank.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can anyone who has Prey confirm that the game still feels like it has REALLY bad input lag? I thought it was my new TV but I've tried a few other games and they don't feel anywhere near as bad. Prey, fully patched, feels like you're controlling a really slow tank.

Dunno, but on PC it's snappy. Not sure if it's a PS4 specific thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its probably been tweeked since i played in june but yeah the game feels like crap

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

I've never noticed this, but I suspect that even if there was still a problem I wouldn't notice it anyway. I'm also one of those plebs that doesn't give a drat about framerate dips.

I do remember hearing a number of complaints about Prey's controls, supposedly they had been patched out but I guess not?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Seems like the Horizon team tried to alleviate some the base game's issues while working on the DLC. From Eurogamer:

"However, a welcome new feature is the new Traveller skill tree, which unlocks streamlining abilities such as being able to break down items into metal shards without having to visit a merchant, or being able to pick resources while mounted. Really, skills which should have been available in the base game and, arguably, are too-little too late. Thankfully this is one of the features which does transfer into the base game, allowing everyone use of these much-needed skills."

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Feels fine after the patch it got a few months ago.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok weird. It feels really unresponsive compared to other games I've played lately.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok weird. It feels really unresponsive compared to other games I've played lately.

I played it post patch and it's not really lag as much as weird acceleration. Doesn't feel great with a controller for sure.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I played it post patch and it's not really lag as much as weird acceleration. Doesn't feel great with a controller for sure.

Cool yeah maybe that's it. Arkane games are something that's really making me want to get a gaming pc. The demo for Dishonored 2 seemed good but the controls felt HORRIBLE

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I see people say that a lot but I didn't notice anything about dishonored 2's controls

still never finished it after getting annoyed at the level with the clockwork robots tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dishonered feels way better than prey

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I thought they had fixed prey

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I really enjoyed Hellblade.

That is all.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Renoistic posted:

Seems like the Horizon team tried to alleviate some the base game's issues while working on the DLC. From Eurogamer:

"However, a welcome new feature is the new Traveller skill tree, which unlocks streamlining abilities such as being able to break down items into metal shards without having to visit a merchant, or being able to pick resources while mounted. Really, skills which should have been available in the base game and, arguably, are too-little too late. Thankfully this is one of the features which does transfer into the base game, allowing everyone use of these much-needed skills."

Umm it would be too little too late if it wasn't attached to a bunch of loving content?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Norns posted:

Umm it would be too little too late if it wasn't attached to a bunch of loving content?

It kinda is after the games been out for 7 months or so yeah

No health fix! Sad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

exploded mummy posted:

It kinda is after the games been out for 7 months or so yeah

No health fix! Sad.

We are getting a big pack of dlc tomorrow. It would be pointless if they just added the skill tree and nothing else.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Manatee Cannon posted:

I see people say that a lot but I didn't notice anything about dishonored 2's controls

still never finished it after getting annoyed at the level with the clockwork robots tho

that level design was so loving cool

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Norns posted:

We are getting a big pack of dlc tomorrow. It would be pointless if they just added the skill tree and nothing else.

It's too little too late because while there nice QOL stuff it isn't extensive enough and it's too late because most people have stopped caring about seeing those issues fixed because it has been over half of a year since it came out and people have moved onto ACO, Wolfenstein, and Mario

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It seems Japan got the Horizon DLC a bit earlier than expected and I played it a bit today. I noticed the new skill tree but I guess it will be a while before I have many points to put in it, already being at level 40.

edit: the Japanese logo looks awesome (but out of place since I have the rest of the game set to English)

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 7, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i barely bought horizon last week so as usual being perpetually half a year behind when it comes to playing games pays off

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Ditto, I had been holding off on getting Horizon due to backlog and waiting for the DLC, so the QOL improvements sound great to me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

that level design was so loving cool

it was really cool looking yea

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

I got pretty annoyed at that one as well. The gimmicks were neat in theory but the whole thing was kind of a slog. The levels after it are better though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

It's too little too late because while there nice QOL stuff it isn't extensive enough and it's too late because most people have stopped caring about seeing those issues fixed because it has been over half of a year since it came out and people have moved onto ACO, Wolfenstein, and Mario

If people quit the game because of those fixes in the patch, then they were never coming back for anything. "Too little too late" implies that it was some major issue that caused drones of people to quit and adding it now is just pointless because no one is going to go back to it.

And like he said, it's not a stand-alone quality-of-life patch. It's attached to an expansion.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

J-Spot posted:

I got pretty annoyed at that one as well. The gimmicks were neat in theory but the whole thing was kind of a slog. The levels after it are better though.

did you ever play any of the original "Thief" series? Dishonored brings so much if that back for me. That level in particular was straight out of Thief 2.

Edit: despite everyone else loving it, I didn't care for the time travel level

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

J-Spot posted:

i mean the puzzles in the actual level can be kind of time consuming and irritating but the fact that you can bypass the entire level is really satisfying idk

i know the game has been out forever but that spoiler was still intensely cool so i am gonna spoil it anyway

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jimbot posted:

If people quit the game because of those fixes in the patch, then they were never coming back for anything. "Too little too late" implies that it was some major issue that caused drones of people to quit and adding it now is just pointless because no one is going to go back to it.

And like he said, it's not a stand-alone quality-of-life patch. It's attached to an expansion.

There are 8 skills. One of them is new leaping attack. You can now repair mounts as one skill and repairing them faster as a follow on. You have a skill to increase rare drops. You have a skill to increase inventory size. You have a skill to make inventory management actually decent. You can pick stuff up on a mount.

The QOL tree has nothing thematically or plotwise to do with the actual content expansion. It's entirely possible to evaluate it independently of the rest of the content.

I would actually disagree about coming back. Horizon is a pretty good game, but there were a lot of little things that the game just didn't nail quite right plus the entirety of the health system. Just about everything the patch hits is something in all honesty should have been in the game on Day 1 and the game would have been better as a result.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Thief 2 was so good.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Snak posted:

Thief 2 was so good.

Obey the will of Kaaaaaaaarras...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
anyway back to ACO where the health system is probably too generous but good enough. where you dont need to level up to get rid of gear in your inventory without hunting for vendor. or where you get excellent bow shooting combined with only having to upgrade quiver to increase capacity for every single bow, ability to leap off mounts and attack, and the ability to grab poo poo without getting off your camel

a good game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You missed out if you stopped playing dishonored 2 at level 4. Every level except the last one is fantastic and level 7 is maybe the best one arkane has ever made (I'm not done with death of the outsider yet so it's possible they outdid it)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I need to know if Aloy gets a pet in the Frozen Wilds

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I need to know if Aloy gets a pet in the Frozen Wilds

I don't think she does, unfortunately!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My OCD about exploring everything kind of ruins some of the fun of Dishonored level design. I just kill everything and then do a little tour of the area going "oh hey, could have done that and that and that, but I didn't!"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gotta wait for monster hunter for that one

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exploded mummy posted:

anyway back to ACO where the health system is probably too generous but good enough. where you dont need to level up to get rid of gear in your inventory without hunting for vendor. or where you get excellent bow shooting combined with only having to upgrade quiver to increase capacity for every single bow, ability to leap off mounts and attack, and the ability to grab poo poo without getting off your camel

a good game

Yeah ACO is incredible, way above expectations. I loved Horizon and platinumed it but as long as Origins doesn't get any more grindy post level 23 it might be my goty. Real Ptolemaic Egypt beats Horizon's fake history/future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The fact that ACO isn’t just good, but somehow goty material, solidifies 2017 as the best video games year