Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

vOv posted:

Other way around, I think it's Circle/Fate Eternal.

Do attack names and dragonspeak really have to be spoilered? Whatever.

Akh Afah is "eternal circle," Akh Morn is "circle of death," so Morn Afah is "death eternal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ruta posted:

Not me and I dunno how to embed video urls but the dragon girl animation uses the same animation as the egg mount.

https://i.imgur.com/ohpnPFe.mp4

Which is to say, slowly stroking the chair.

"Never have I known such softness"

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

"Is this velvet?"

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Today in EXDR, I learned the targetable adds summoned by the second boss of Kugane Castle blow themselves up if they aren't killed fast enough.

I learned that three times.

Because the DPS never bothered killing the adds. Then they both died to the triple explosion and then died again when it happened a second time. (Also, if you don't DPS the boss fast enough, the next add phase has three ninjas... then the next one after that also has three ninjas.)

I was expecting a third gold phase vs. Yojimbo but it doesn't look like he does that.

What a difference a group makes. I got a "rather good" against the second boss of Temple of the Fist yesterday. Today, I get exploding ninjas.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I learned a long time ago that as painful as it can be to have to abandon an EXDR because your tank of healer is worse than you'd be if you were running that role, by far the worst experiences come from having two sub sub sub par DPS players and feeling literally trapped as you spend forty-five minutes clearing a dungeon.

I only queue as a DPS now, and my runs are never longer than twenty minutes. That's not bragging either, 20-minute runs still suck, but I learned it can be so much worse.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Having started with a dps I never knew the horror of a low damage group until I began leveling a tank. Sitting there watching the mechanics cycle while everyone pecks away at their keys is truly purgatory. At least I can afk and listen for the dungeon ping while waiting on the longer queues as a dps.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nothing ever beats the dawning realization that both of your dps are doing their single target rotation the entire time through a pull of 20+ mobs.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Eopia posted:

I would be willing to bet money that it goes straight through invuln.
It actually doesn't. 5150's stream where they reached it had their DRK use Living Dead and he survived it, which the PLD was stacking with him and did not. Worth noting is that 300k is just the game's way of saying "I give up" when calculating damage for anything above that number, and this number was reached when both tanks were taking Morn Afah. Either it is a party stack with a fuckton of falloff, or (more likely) the aggro-holding tank is fully intended to use their OH poo poo button to survive the first two nukes and needs to stack with the co-tank for the follow-up.

vOv posted:

Has there been a fight before where invuln is the intended/only way to handle a mechanic?
Not that I can recall. Most times the OH poo poo button is used, it's either as a panic button or to cheese a mechanic. Unending Coil marks the first instance of Holmgang/Hallowed Ground/Living Dead being a requirement to progress.

e: Unless, of course, it is a party stack and is intended to be neutered with the free LB3 you get, but with the OH poo poo button being an option I would be unsurprised if it were used by a Melee DPS instead.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 6, 2017

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Has anyone figured out how to beat the last boss on Brayflox with your squadron? Went in as healer with 2 archer DPS + tank, and they don't seem to grasp the concept of not standing in the death puddles...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

Has anyone figured out how to beat the last boss on Brayflox with your squadron? Went in as healer with 2 archer DPS + tank, and they don't seem to grasp the concept of not standing in the death puddles...
You keep hitting the engage button and he dies before you have to worry about it

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

God I love this

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jalapeno_dude posted:

he should only target you for the puddles so don't stand up his bumbum

shoot whoever put those ugly trees there

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Leofish posted:

Today in EXDR, I learned the targetable adds summoned by the second boss of Kugane Castle blow themselves up if they aren't killed fast enough.

I learned that three times.

Because the DPS never bothered killing the adds.

lmao I’ve soloed those adds on WHM, saaaaad

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Report from meeting YoshiP yesterday: No butt slider, no getting 2 minions out and no fairly glamour. Sorry to those holding out.
I didn’t ask these questions, people from Balmung did.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

oh no blimp issue posted:

Report from meeting YoshiP yesterday: No butt slider, no getting 2 minions out and no fairly glamour. Sorry to those holding out.

Tch. One more little dream dashed, I guess.

I do wonder about more character customization outside of hair, though. Honestly we're not too far off from the models being in need of a bit of a refurbish (especially to help with the facial animation the cutscene team is clearly hungry to do), but he also shot down further face customization and it leaves me wondering how much of a mess the character backend already is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fairly glamour?

You mean changing Eos/Selene to Carbuncles or dressing up like a fairy?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I seem to remember them saying fairy glamours were in the works for some patch way down the road. Did they discover some reason it would be impossible to implement since then?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Considering they can do it with Summoner Egi, I can only imagine that it's a conscious decision to not do it rather than a technical hurdle.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I heard somewhere the summoner/scholar code is a huge pile of hacky spaghetti so I wouldn't be surprised if something that works for one of them doesn't translate over so easily. Fairies overriding the carbuncle summons and all.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Fairy glamour, yes

These questions were asked at a little non-streamed event in London, so don’t be surprised if something he said no to happens in the future I suppose.

He also said that Ishgard would take “thousands of years” to form a grand company, so take it with a pinch of salt.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Fister Roboto posted:

Nothing ever beats the dawning realization that both of your dps are doing their single target rotation the entire time through a pull of 20+ mobs.

I had to tank those face dudes that the summoners bring in every time, too.

I went in with the insta-queue, but it all ended up being a wash anyway. If I had queued as RDM I would have waited ~12 minutes, but it would have likely been a 15-20 minute run.

Oh well. Learning is fun. I never knew those adds did Hara-Kiri like the bomb guys.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

lmao I’ve soloed those adds on WHM, saaaaad

After the first set of two exploded, I tried to take down the adds on my own as PLD, but I was usually only able to get one in time. I've literally never seen that happen before. They normally fold like paper.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 6, 2017

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Spam your aoe and they should die in time.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
Anima weapons suck your soul out I hate poetics...

Also more summoner egi glamour already ffs.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

Fairy glamour, yes

These questions were asked at a little non-streamed event in London, so don’t be surprised if something he said no to happens in the future I suppose.

He also said that Ishgard would take “thousands of years” to form a grand company, so take it with a pinch of salt.

He said it would take two decades. Not sure where you got thousands of years.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Colander Crotch posted:

He said it would take two decades. Not sure where you got thousands of years.

I misremembered!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Considering the amount of time passed ingame since ARR is like 2 weeks, I'd say thousands of years is accurate.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

how about having my minion out in a dungeon? garbage rear end code.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Holyshoot posted:

how about having my minion out in a dungeon? garbage rear end code.

God no, I don't need any more wrong targets to accidentally click on.

(If there's a tip to keep me from clicking my chocobo and/or my minion when I'm out in the world and just trying to interact with poo poo, I'm all ears. Get outta my way, you idling jerks! :argh: )

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FeatherFloat posted:

God no, I don't need any more wrong targets to accidentally click on.

(If there's a tip to keep me from clicking my chocobo and/or my minion when I'm out in the world and just trying to interact with poo poo, I'm all ears. Get outta my way, you idling jerks! :argh: )

use your eyes? click better? I've never accidentally clicked on a minion.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Just use tab to target stuff.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

use your eyes? click better? I've never accidentally clicked on a minion.

Don’t lie, the click targets in this game are loving huge

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Truga posted:

Considering the amount of time passed ingame since ARR is like 2 weeks

But that's wrong.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's far less than 4 years.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

When is alphanerd gonna hit puberty?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

When is alphanerd gonna hit puberty?

The worst possible fate for Alphinaud: he's stuck in puberty forever.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I click my red panda on accident all the time, particularly when he's riding my shoulder. Dude's big

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Heh! Hard to click on the wrong thing when you use a controller. Heh. :smug:

*tries to activate retainer bell, turns off tonberry lamp instead

poo poo!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Truga posted:

It's far less than 4 years.

I thought HW was like a year in game time

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Erg posted:

I thought HW was like a year in game time

On one hand, it will always be Five Years Past The Calamity, forever. On the other, they do things like showing a couple meet, fall in love, and have a child together, all on screen, as well as having characters reference the passing of months in between story beats so clearly there's more in world time passing they then will ever be willing to acknowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The game supposedly happens in a time bubble where no huge amount of time passes between expansions/events and time spent is generally handwaved away.

They don't want you thinking about the timeline, basically.