Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

ToastyPotato posted:

Getting mad at a company for putting clothing on their cartoon women is not the same as wondering why a company is needlessly drawing women who lack clothing though. They aren't equivalent at all.

No equivalence was being drawn. Duder was saying blizzard is trying to please two camps at once, so going full on one way or the other will displease the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Don't play with tcjimbo EdRush.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

ToastyPotato posted:

Getting mad at a company for putting clothing on their cartoon women is not the same as wondering why a company is needlessly drawing women who lack clothing though. They aren't equivalent at all.

Youd have to be extremely dense to be wondering why for one of those though. Asia is getting close to the biggest market if they arent already

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Many people live in Asia.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I don't live in Asia so I can't confirm that fact.

I'm still excited as gently caress to play Alex she looks hella fun and I really love the colour red, just the jiggle physics seem needless and unnecessary pandering to me.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

god bless the puritans, still influencing poo poo 300 years later

500, 600, whatever it is

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 5, 2017

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Tangents posted:

Man I just unboxed 'brightwing, but with a hat'. this is the best skin.

I bought one of the colors of this recently with shards and I think it’s the best looking BW skin set by far.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
I've been playing really poorly lately, even with my favorite heroes. It's like I'm getting lazy. I'll get into a teamfight and help secure a few kills but almost always go down in the process.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Libertine posted:

I bought one of the colors of this recently with shards and I think it’s the best looking BW skin set by far.

I got a whole bunch of tints for it. I didn't think much of it at first, but then I noticed the plaits flopping around her head and it became a 10/10

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Power Bottom posted:

Apparently, it used to be even skimpier.

So be happy that she discovered the joy of pants instead of going with a more "faithful" design, I guess.

As an aside, fun fact: the models of Alexstraza and Ysera were based on Sylvanas.

Funny story: Chris Metzen was showing his young daughter around Blizzard HQ one day, and his daughter asked, when seeing Alexstrasza and Sylvanas "Daddy, why do all the ladies wear swimsuits?"

And his response was something like "...I don't know. I just don't know anymore." :allears:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That manufactured bit of PR brought to you by the company that released Widowmaker the next year.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Look I hate Metzen's writing as much as the next guy, but it's really not hard to imagine that one's own children might make you ask some hard questions about your work in that fashion.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
To be fair, that was from an interview at Blizzcon 2014, which was the same Blizzcon that had the Overwatch trailer, so Widowmaker's design was already public by the time he made that quote.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Isn't Sylvanas basically Metzen's waifu? Like he legit wants to gently caress her despite being undead

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Get Innocuous! posted:

Isn't Sylvanas basically Metzen's waifu? Like he legit wants to gently caress her despite being undead

It bothers me that you wrote "despite being undead" instead of "despite being A VIDEO GAME CHARACTER AND NOT AT ALL A REAL PERSON".

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Get Innocuous! posted:

Uh... no?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I believe you're thinking of Dave Kosak though I could be misremembering too.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Do things that reduce/increase spell power, like Ana's dose talent or nano, affect healing?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tangents posted:

Do things that reduce/increase spell power, like Ana's dose talent or nano, affect healing?

Yes.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

just lol if you wouldn't gently caress sylvanus

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

appropriatemetaphor posted:

She would do triple damage to my dick bcos its not heroic.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Get Innocuous! posted:

No you're thinking of me

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Spudd posted:

No you're thinking of me
How come you are Metzen's waifu?

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

nah

I'd go for Malfurion if he trimmed his beard tho

(note: I don't play wow)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bunch of prudes itt.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Pssh, you just don't get it if you don't want to gently caress Stitches. I mean who DOESN'T want a full body blowjob? :shepface:

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Hanzo “Let The Dragons Consume You” Shimada

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013
The PTR notes are up, and they feature Alexstrasza, the Li Li rework, announcer pack for Alexstrasza, and :siren:ALARAK ANNOUNCER PACK.:siren:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
And, incredibly enough, a Li Ming price reduction to 7k.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
The Lili cups change is interesting. It's on a 20s! cooldown now, but it increases based on how much you heal people during cups. So if you pop cups and get stunned out of it right away it will be up 20s later. If you get a full length heal out of it it will be on 70s cooldown. Or... if you pop cups to try to save someone's rear end and they die right away, it will still be up again 20s later. Seems pretty good.

And Kung Fu Hustle (level 20) is now baseline... although they've presumably balanced around that now.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 6, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

like an apple pie thats been in the fridge overnight

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Doflamingo posted:

They're not though. Hanzo is coming in December.

Well poo poo, you were right. Dragons of the Nexus event with one dragon :v:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Man who gives a poo poo about new characters when you can have Alarak derisively commenting on your every mistake.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kai Tave posted:

Man who gives a poo poo about new characters when you can have Alarak derisively commenting on your every mistake.

Not empty quoting but...

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Polio Vax Scene posted:

like an apple pie thats been in the fridge overnight

we've all got our faults

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Worth noting that the Alarak announcer is a legendary announcer, and thus costs 1600 doritos.

I mean it's worth it, but just for the record.

E: Holy poo poo it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCMhBH-Sg8o

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 6, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kyrosiris posted:

Worth noting that the Alarak announcer is a legendary announcer, and thus costs 1600 doritos.

I mean it's worth it, but just for the record.

I mean I figured as much without even needing to check, Blizzard knows what their players want. When they released a wave of new emotes for Overwatch last year one of them included D.Va taking a seat in her mech to play games and slam Doritos and Dew. Every other emote in the line was priced at something like 250 blizzbucks except for that one, which was (and still is) a cool 1,000.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

YolkaEd posted:

The PTR notes are up, and they feature Alexstrasza, the Li Li rework, announcer pack for Alexstrasza, and :siren:ALARAK ANNOUNCER PACK.:siren:

Ooooh, acceptable.

Edit: There is a hint of proudness when you get a quad kill.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

BrianBoitano posted:

Well poo poo, you were right. Dragons of the Nexus event with one dragon :v:

The event lasts until Dec 12th which is enough time to release Hanzo I would think.