Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benne posted:

I can't imagine there's a huge market right now for season tickets to watch a lovely team on the surface of the Sun, AKA Levi's Stadium

Die-hard fans who own shares in Coppertone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Is Arians even capable of change anymore? They seem like they're stuck in the same mold they were three years ago.

It feels like there's a hundred ways to answer this but, the cardinals added like half a playbook just for david johnson, and when we got peterson we instantly went from like 70% passing down to 50% and further to 40% this week after palmer got hurt. The radio broadcast mentioned they were going more with zone run plays than the previous week, which I couldn't really tell you without a notepad and the game footage but I'll take their word for it, so they're constantly changing strategies and schemes.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Bubba Smith posted:

The 6-6 game was actually really dope cause both defenses were on point and the missed field goals were funny. This game is gonna be sloppy, low energy, bad football.

:sad:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
If the Seahawks get past the Divisionals this season I'll be suprised

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Its Rinaldo posted:

If the Seahawks get past the Divisionals this season I'll be suprised

I mean, you could still miss the Playoffs entirely.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The NFC is way too close at this point to say for sure if anyone is making the playoffs for sure, other than probably the Eagles

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks' schedule the rest of the way

@ ARI
vs. ATL
@ SF
vs. PHI
@ JAX
vs. LAR
@ DAL
vs. ARI

There isn't a single gimme game left after the Niners. 10-6 might be the best-case scenario.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

@ ARI
vs. ATL
@ SF
vs. PHI
@ JAX
vs. LAR
@ DAL
vs. ARI

There isn't a single gimme game left after the Niners. 10-6 might be the best-case scenario.

Seahawks may be facing Jimmy G, though.

They'll still win, mind you, but his good looks may stun enough of the Seahawks' defensive players that things get sketchy for a while.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 7, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I think the Seahawks will run the table on the rest of their home games, including the Rams

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

@ ARI
vs. ATL
@ SF
vs. PHI
@ JAX
vs. LAR
@ DAL
vs. ARI

I expect Seattle to win both games against Arizona and the last one against the 49ers. That puts us at 8.

Atlanta? Tough to tell, depends on if Earl is healthy. Toss up.

Philly? Wentz is the real deal but it's at home. Toss up.

JAX? Bort is bad but their defense could make RW's life hell. Toss up.

Rams? It's Seahawks and Rams, who the hell knows what happens.

Dallas? I'd expect us to lose that game.

So yeah assuming we win half of those toss up games we are probably at 10-6, which is probably enough for a WC this year depending on if the Rams continue to win out.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Jeff Fisher got fired

I repeat this sentence to myself over and over multiple times a day. It's still glorious.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

seiferguy posted:

I expect Seattle to win both games against Arizona and the last one against the 49ers. That puts us at 8.

I don't think Carson Palmer has lost to Seattle on the road, and he could/should be back by that final game.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I repeat this sentence to myself over and over multiple times a day. It's still glorious.

It was the best birthday present this team could have given to me

HOU @ LA
LA @ MIN
NO @ LA
LA @ ARI
PHI @ LA
LA @ SEA
LA @ TEN
SF @ LA

I think the hardest remaining games are NO, PHI and @SEA. Minnesota reminds me of Jacksonville except with a worse QB and I think the Rams match up against the Titans well.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DariusLikewise posted:

It was the best birthday present this team could have given to me

HOU @ LA
LA @ MIN
NO @ LA
LA @ ARI
PHI @ LA
LA @ SEA
LA @ TEN
SF @ LA

I think the hardest remaining games are NO, PHI and @SEA. Minnesota reminds me of Jacksonville except with a worse QB and I think the Rams match up against the Titans well.

You will beat New Orleans because the Saints are having a good season and it’s the Rams job to make sure they pick up an extra loss that keeps them from a much better playoff position.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

Atlanta? Tough to tell, depends on if Earl is healthy. Toss up.

Philly? Wentz is the real deal but it's at home. Toss up.

JAX? Bort is bad but their defense could make RW's life hell. Toss up.

Rams? It's Seahawks and Rams, who the hell knows what happens.

Dallas? I'd expect us to lose that game.

So yeah assuming we win half of those toss up games we are probably at 10-6, which is probably enough for a WC this year depending on if the Rams continue to win out.

Atlanta isn't hot garbage, but they're warm garbage at best. With even a mild serving of RWBS that's a win.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You will beat New Orleans because the Saints are having a good season and it’s the Rams job to make sure they pick up an extra loss that keeps them from a much better playoff position.

I hope so, that will upgrade my opinion from "The Rams are really good at beating up on lovely teams and that's fun" to "Rams might be legitimate contenders and I am excited for the playoffs"

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I think I can quietly accept wanting good things to happen to the Rams this year just to permanently cement the Chargers as a total failure in LA. Next year, though, it'll be back to full-throttle gently caress LA.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

Oh poor you.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

How did the Rams become the most likable team in the division? 2017, man.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

How did the Rams become the most likable team in the division? 2017, man.

Most likeable, least liked.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Most likeable, least liked.

For now; if there's one thing LA likes, it's a bandwagon.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Atlanta in Seattle is MNF, and the Seahawks tend to play better during prime time. That's also the week after they're TNF, so they get even more days of rest.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You're not a real TFF poster until you get hysterical about your team's Lost Season

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I find cautious optimism beforehand and consistent pessimism during the game to be pretty solid.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Today I discovered the 49ers literally have an entire nickel package on IR. And it wouldn't even matter if they didn't.

So that's cool.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
There are no likable teams in the NFC west, embrace death, especially to the rams.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

You're not a real TFF poster until you get hysterical about your team's Lost Season

My team is literally going win-less this season, and I couldn't be more chill about it. Now I feel like a fraud when I post here :(

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

My team is literally going win-less this season, and I couldn't be more chill about it. Now I feel like a fraud when I post here :(

We're all frauds down here, friend

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol if you arent a season ticket holder so you cant tweet a photo of an empty stadium to jed every single home game

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Lol if you arent a season ticket holder so you cany tweet a photo of an empty stadium to jed every single home game

I mean, I’m not, but I do go to some games, and it’s been pretty obvious that a lot of the seats are empty because people just hang out on the concourse and decks all game, so I’m not sure Jed cares? Other than it looking bad on TV; he’s still getting the money.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Kazak_Hstan posted:

There are no likable teams in the NFC west, embrace death, especially to the rams.

Preach, brother

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

its all nice on rice posted:

I find cautious optimism beforehand and consistent pessimism during the game to be pretty solid.

This is kinda how I’ve been viewing every game

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is kinda how I’ve been viewing every game

*pokes the dolphin*

Is it dead?

What's it doing in here?

Edit:

https://twitter.com/BetterRivals/status/928110453011697665

Foster is so good, he makes Brock Coyle a functional NFL starter.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 8, 2017

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
We're gonna lose tomorrow and it's gonna be hilariously awful

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Manoueverable posted:

We're gonna lose tomorrow and it's gonna be hilariously awful

Nah Seahawks always do really well in Arizona. Instead of the usual 30+ point blowout it'll probably be an ugly 17 point victory.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bubba Smith posted:

Nah Seahawks always do really well in Arizona. Instead of the usual 30+ point blowout it'll probably be an ugly 17 point victory.

Dost thou forget the 6-6 tie last year?
A worse kicker the Seahawks have this time
More mis'd field goals are nigh, I am afeared

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm officially smashing the panic button if we can't beat Drew Stanton

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
There is NO SHAME in losing to drew stanton, a right honorable opponent.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you're gonna be calling him darth stanton with his sick black color rush uni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Black color rush uniforms are hosed up and bad.

• Locked thread