Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

If I'm going to watch 3 episodes straight of people shooting guns I'd like to at least know what the gently caress is going on but I absolutely do not.

You and me both buddy. 3 episodes of nonstop gun battles and I don't have a loving clue where these people are. And there is no strategy, they literally just rolled up to the front gate and started shooting at people from 20 feet away.

And they still can't hit poo poo.

Which might be because their optics are on backwards :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I couldn't even tell which side was shooting when they're switching camera shots of the gunfight

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

This has turned into low budget horseshit with people pointlessly running around the woods shooting each other with no rhyme or reason.

I can't even figure out where the people in Ricks crew are supposed to be in relation to each other and what their part in the "plan" is. They just sort of show up in different locations and kill a bunch of guys some place and then just go to another place and kill some of them but take the rest prisoner for some reason.

The Saviours are morons who just wander around in groups of fifty, clustered together in the open waiting to be mowed down by a few other idiots hiding in a bush/behind a box. It's just all so loving stupid.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Oh, man all these negative comments from defeated posters has got me ROCK HARD AND IM GOING IN. Don't worry friends, if you cannot take this non-stop shoveling of feces into your mouths anymore, i will eat it for all of us :nexus:

I loving HATE THIS SHOW

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This is definitely going down the Dexter path.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
HELL YEAH THAT WAS loving HORRID :barf:

Negan + preacher in the back of the trailer is 110% gonna be an entire episode any moment now.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dongattack posted:

Negan + preacher in the back of the trailer is 110% gonna be an entire episode any moment now.

Dexter was hilarious, what are you talking about?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I thought I was strong enough to keep hate-watching but last night's episode broke me. It was too boring to make me care. When every single thing is bad, nothing is comment-worthy. It's just Sharknado 8. Of course it's bad. And of course I don't need to watch it.

I quit the series in the middle of an episode and I've never done that before

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It's not even fun to hate watch any more because it is so blatantly dumb but is still completely po-faced about itself.

It's like meeting someone for the first time and they say something so ridiculously stupid that you burst out laughing but then you look over at them and there isn't even a hint of a smile on them.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Blazing Ownager posted:

They want to shoot this like an AAA show with some artistic flair, but they have none so it's just a giant clusterfuck.

It's also a non-linear cluster-gently caress. There were 20 minutes of show time that passed between the saviors turning around to go after Rick and when we actually got to them going after Rick, for example. There's no tempo to the battle, no spatial awareness, no idea what the strategy is, not even sure where various parts fit together on the timeline.

If I'm going to watch 3 episodes straight of people shooting guns I'd like to at least know what the gently caress is going on but I absolutely do not.

Yes - and in the same vein, when Jesus and Morgan started fighting...where the gently caress did everyone go? One second they are fighting and the hostages and Tara and everyone are standing there, the next all you see is the one guy that Morgan shot. Then, out of nowhere, Tara and everyone shows back up. So yes, clearly they walked the Saviors back to the road, but they never even said, "Oh hey, we'll be right back. Don't kill one another"

This loving show. It IS just like Dexter. Dexter was a show about a serial killer that by the end was putting me to sleep, and TWD is a show about zombies that acts as a sleeping aid.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This show is so loving bad - anyone getting enjoyment out of it is one TWISTED loving PSYCHOPATH.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Dexter at least had terrible/funny scenes during its slow death spiral, like the treadmill. So I forgive the show being bad, or else we would have never gotten that.

TWD is just boring bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

L_Harrison posted:

Dexter at least had terrible/funny scenes during its slow death spiral, like the treadmill.

By the way, if you haven’t seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhllfpyVTo

Harrison turning into a full grown rear end man / stuntman will never not be loving hilarious.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

By the way, if you haven’t seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhllfpyVTo

Harrison turning into a full grown rear end man / stuntman will never not be loving hilarious.

I saw an edited gif of this where the kid explodes afterwards

better than the original

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I am so ready to watch this episode in the mirror while doing squats and deads tonight

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I don't know if the guy with Morgan was supposed to be alive still but you can see him breathing and when the camera shifts focus onto Morgan you can clearly see him blinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwG1GzbwIIo

Why does Morgan just leave the dude who's obviously still alive

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So did Morgan have mithril armor on?

Did he not get shot?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I mean aside from the fact that basically every season has some sort of "KILL HIM" vs "NO WE CAN'T KILL HIM", it makes zero cents to have this conversation re: the Saviours. You're literally at war with them, in the apocalypse, where resources are very limited, and these motherfuckers have shown time and again that they are the scum of TWD universe. They're all Negan. Every single one of them. They even say it like their a fuckin Pokemon, and yet we still have this tired, season 2 regurgitated "moral dilemma"

Also where the gently caress has Michonne been

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wish Jesus dies.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

The Gregory/Maggie/Cal scene made up for all the other shitiness of the episode, I genuinely laughed. Hard.

JossiRossi posted:

It says a lot about Rick that he didn't deem it necessary to plan for people surrendering.

Rick: "Only one man needs to die"
Someone else: "So what do we do with everyone else?"
Rick: "lol we kill them :razz: "

Dongattack posted:

Oh, man all these negative comments from defeated posters has got me ROCK HARD AND IM GOING IN. Don't worry friends, if you cannot take this non-stop shoveling of feces intbhto your mouths anymore, i will eat it for all of us :nexus:

I loving HATE THIS SHOW

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH
Pass me the diarrhea gravy, please? :sludgepal:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

I mean aside from the fact that basically every season has some sort of "KILL HIM" vs "NO WE CAN'T KILL HIM", it makes zero cents to have this conversation re: the Saviours. You're literally at war with them, in the apocalypse, where resources are very limited, and these motherfuckers have shown time and again that they are the scum of TWD universe. They're all Negan. Every single one of them. They even say it like their a fuckin Pokemon, and yet we still have this tired, season 2 regurgitated "moral dilemma"

Also where the gently caress has Michonne been

"We can't just kill all these guys, we have to live with what's left of them once this is all over"

/is standing in front of piles of bodies consisting of the friends and families of the people they are talking about

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Jesus hasn't seen enough of his friends die horribly yet to not give a gently caress.

Daryl not giving a gently caress is the only thing saving this show right now.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Varg posted:

Jesus hasn't seen enough of his friends die horribly yet to not give a gently caress.

Daryl not giving a gently caress is the only thing saving this show right now.

I thankfully woke up halfway through that dumbass monologue by Morales or whatever, and that was the only saving grace

Then I immediately let out a groan when they lingered on Rick's face attempting emotions and inner conflict

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope next episode opens with Maggie hanging everyone outside Hilltop to make her own wall of zombies.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Dongattack posted:

the one episode i’ll actually watch when it comes out is this one, because it’ll probably be the Negan backstory episode, and that looks interesting because it’ll involve people actually acting like people again for a little bit

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Gregory is my new favourite character now, kind of like chlamydia is my favourite STD but I know but he's the only one coming out of this looking like an interesting TV character at the moment.

I'm pretty upset about the death of the seldom seen guy who was the boyfriend of the seldom seen guy who did a thing like 5 seasons ago so maybe I'm not thinking clearly atm though.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hope next episode opens with Maggie hanging everyone outside Hilltop to make her own wall of zombies.

If only

The more I think about Jesus wanting to save those hostages it just makes no goddamn sense

So he's cool with directing a horde towards the Saviours main compound, where all of their indentured workers are? But execute the actual bad guys who go out and extort, murder, yadda yadda? Not in my apocalyptic world, we have to have morals!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Does spaghett make another appearance this episode or is he still in a bush?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

JossiRossi posted:

Eric walking off would be a lot more awful if they had decided to keep that the zombies retained some of their former selves like in the first season.

Yeah he would be the most boring zombie in the world.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
The zombies rolling down the hill was fun at least.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Orunitier posted:

I laughed a hearty lol at that scene. loving confused extras rolling down a hill like a bunch of children playing, one redshirt just stands there looking at it "w-woah!" and then half a second later a zombie stands up within hugging distance and eats him "HOW COULD I HAVE FORSEEN THIS"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Orunitier posted:

Holy poo poo I almost forgot about that!! So goddamn BAD and hilarious. Like Dongattack!!! I was laughing my rear end off.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The show used to always deliver with one amazing "hero" zombie or setpiece per episode. Now you know they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel with last night which was just zombies roll down a hill.

Also I'm sure Ezekiel survived the 50 cal barrage and that this is yet another pointless fake out death. Wouldn't be a big deal if the show was good

Bulkiest Toaster fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 6, 2017

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Okay, I haven't seen any of these episodes, but I like this thread and just checked some clips because I keep hearing about these juicy goofs they've got, so please explain to me:

1. The rolling zombies down the hill. How the gently caress was that convoy or whatever in any trouble? They had gun's and the zombies slowly rolled down, yet still they got some noname guy and caused havoc. It's like that time when that noname wall engineer walked into a zombie who was stuck behind a tree and somehow died, or that fat idiot who was looking for Daryl in the woods and put his hand inside a zombies mouth and then acted surprised that he got bit.

2. There is a scene where a bunch of people are running in a straight line and then some cosplayers come out from behind piles of poo poo and just brast the runners to hell. But the runners do not react at all, they just keep on running until they are all dead. I'm assuming the runners are Saviors, which leads me to the next thing...

3. The Saviors suck. How are they still alive? Iirc in season 6 Rick and his idiot friends killed like a hundred of them. They were getting slaughtered. Now it looks like they are back to killing them by the hundreds.

4. Are they really doing the "Morgan is off his flipping gourd" thing again? I suppose Rick is also going to go crazy and then back to normal in the span of 3 episodes for the 10th time.

Do you think the actors involved are like really proud to be a part of this show?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Gortarius posted:

or that fat idiot who was looking for Daryl in the woods and put his hand inside a zombies mouth and then acted surprised that he got bit.

I don't remember this at all but I wanna see it again

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Gortarius posted:

4. Are they really doing the "Morgan is off his flipping gourd" thing again? I suppose Rick is also going to go crazy and then back to normal in the span of 3 episodes for the 10th time.

Do you think the actors involved are like really proud to be a part of this show?

I would guess that the actors got quite an easy ride filming this season since it seems like no one ever tried to re-shoot a single scene to make it look less poo poo. It's probably party time at 2pm every shoot.

The guy who plays Morgan is probably one of the best actors on there but he seems pretty happy with them just flipping a coin to see if he's gonna play a sulky baby or an angry baby on any given day, easy way to pay off a mortgage.

e: Just read that a stuntman died making this which probably didn't help. Also, what a horrible way to go.

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 6, 2017

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I think the actors probably were really proud to be a part of the show for the first 6 seasons or so but it wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing a shitload of main characters dying off soon just because the actor quietly asked to leave.

Gortarius posted:

1. The rolling zombies down the hill. How the gently caress was that convoy or whatever in any trouble? They had gun's and the zombies slowly rolled down, yet still they got some noname guy and caused havoc. It's like that time when that noname wall engineer walked into a zombie who was stuck behind a tree and somehow died, or that fat idiot who was looking for Daryl in the woods and put his hand inside a zombies mouth and then acted surprised that he got bit.

IIRC those specific guys were exclusively on foot but I could be wrong.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think I'm done with the episode but lol at "the guns aren't here"

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

unlawfulsoup posted:

This is the most anti-climatic and boring war on this show yet.

And Gimple said the first 4 episodes this season had been the hardest to film because of how much action is going on, LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
maybe if morgan decides to leave the show, they'll just replace him with a steampunk robot that just yells these lines when he's observing a battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGBVR90G4tk&t=38s