Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

Where is the option for "stop supporting Vs mode, it's bad"

Seriously this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
God vs sucks so badly.

Also if you didn't vote for the Mac10 I hate you

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That's a UMP; SWAT already has an MP5 in-game.

Anyone who votes for adding a prestige mode can go gently caress themselves.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Propaganda Hour posted:

Where is the option for "stop supporting Vs mode, it's bad"

I don't think poll software supports enough options to let us vote for things they shouldn't do

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I wonder what their metrics are on Vs mode play.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm sure it's super popular now that people are forced to play it to complete dailies :ssh:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ZearothK posted:

Tripwire put up a Survey for the first update of the next year. Vote for the Fireax because I just realized that weapon has been missing from the UT2k4 mod and now the hole left by it is all I can see in the armory.

Oh, also preview of the Survivalist Freeze Gun and the MP5 coming at the end of the year update, I guess?

Voted for that tasty, tasty *mwah* Mac 10. As much as I love the M32, Demo can already magdump into crowds with the Seeker 6 and is completely capable of large crowd control, the while the fireax is nice, it's just a fire ax and shouldn't be a priority. Firebug, on the other hand, can't reliably set zeds on fire at long range without struggling with flare gun projectiles or spamming a shotgun with pretty significant spread. I just want to be able to pop a single bullet into a zed and have the Napalm skill cause mayhem.

I'd also be okay with a prestige system affecting gameplay as long as one of the rewards is increasing XP gain and they add in a higher difficulty since HoE is already just moderately challenging at max level and I can see it becoming pretty trivial if the rewards are too good.

John Murdoch posted:

I'm sure it's super popular now that people are forced to play it to complete dailies :ssh:

I don't even do those dailies when they pop up. I even do the HoE dailies before I even touch versus.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I don't know why they want to return the "Mac-10 that shoots fire", they should make a new gun instead that does the same thing but actually makes sense. Also I voted for the grenade launcher because I super miss that, though the fireaxe should also be brought back because why the hell not?

(Bring back the husk gun).

Nateron
Mar 9, 2009

What spit?

Tombot posted:

I don't know why they want to return the "Mac-10 that shoots fire", they should make a new gun instead that does the same thing but actually makes sense. Also I voted for the grenade launcher because I super miss that, though the fireaxe should also be brought back because why the hell not?

(Bring back the husk gun).

An even larger but automatic Spitfire. Like think a Gatling gun, that fires Spitfire or a Devils breath like shot.

Or a goo gun of napalm.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

What the heck :nono:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vRek5D5NUs

This keeps happening.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Foreskin Problems posted:

They take like 2 minutes on superperktraining! I've gotten 3/5 boxes so far.

Please, tell me more.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I haven't seen this bug for a couple months, but used to be pretty consistently able to hit Hans with RPG-7 rockets to send him out of bounds and kill him instantly, sometimes even on maps like Containment Station where you normally can't go out of bounds, he just falls through the floor. I think it has something to do with him getting a large physics impulse at the exact moment he falls.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

aniviron posted:

I haven't seen this bug for a couple months, but used to be pretty consistently able to hit Hans with RPG-7 rockets to send him out of bounds and kill him instantly, sometimes even on maps like Containment Station where you normally can't go out of bounds, he just falls through the floor. I think it has something to do with him getting a large physics impulse at the exact moment he falls.

Looking back at the video, for a few frames I can see Hans getting launched into the air. I can't say for certain, but it seems constant that if a Zed ragdolls but is still alive and they've been falling for a given amount of time, they'll instantly die. I see this happen a lot to Scrakes and Bloats after they've been launched by explosives. So it seems like not even bosses are excluded from this.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

For any of you STALKERs out there I just bumped into a server that had the entirety of the first level from Shadow of Chernobyl playable and to-scale. It's a pretty impressive piece of work:

It plays quite a bit differently from a normal KF2 map because it's so open, it's a bit like Farm or Mountain Pass from the first game. Definitely worth checking out, named KF-Stalker-Cordon, I believe.

If nothing else, it's an impressive piece of work. The details are pretty much spot on (no anomalies though) and it's something like 1.5km long.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Holy poo poo :stare:

Ahem, I mean "patsaniiiii!"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Oh god, did they at least make the trader available everywhere like wateronmars? Giant KF levels are the worst without that.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

720 megs. I think that's the largest download I've ever had for a map in a shooter game.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

No, the traders can be... a long walk, I admit. After wave 2 I just sorta started walking backwards to the next trader as soon as the round started, and usually that worked pretty well.

At least the mapmaker seems to have somewhat acknowledged this, ammo boxes are not scarce so if you don't make it, at least you won't be starved of ammo.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
How can you tell where the next trader will be?

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Pope Guilty posted:

How can you tell where the next trader will be?

Hummm there is a compass in top left corner of screen.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Lady Morgaga posted:

Hummm there is a compass in top left corner of screen.

I've somehow never noticed that, just the guide after the level ends.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

I've somehow never noticed that, just the guide after the level ends.

:stare: ... So you can start heading the right way before the round ends. Depending on the map and where your team is holed up it can be a big deal.

Sooooo the bosses for the Inflation weekly are completely broken bullshit even with a team of 25s on Hard. I kept rolling KFP and eventually had to go Parry Berserker and just let him trap me in a corner while I parried and hit him with heavy Pulverizer rounds while the rest of the team focused him down. Tried something similar with the Pat and got exactly nowhere, we couldn't even get his health bar to move. They could cut this regen in half and it would still be a challenge, as it is now you pretty much have to stack Demo and Zerk and pray for KFP :smith:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

Surprisingly parried a patriarch rocket with the bonecrusher. It only took 60 health :haw:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Takes No Damage posted:

:stare: ... So you can start heading the right way before the round ends. Depending on the map and where your team is holed up it can be a big deal.

Sooooo the bosses for the Inflation weekly are completely broken bullshit even with a team of 25s on Hard. I kept rolling KFP and eventually had to go Parry Berserker and just let him trap me in a corner while I parried and hit him with heavy Pulverizer rounds while the rest of the team focused him down. Tried something similar with the Pat and got exactly nowhere, we couldn't even get his health bar to move. They could cut this regen in half and it would still be a challenge, as it is now you pretty much have to stack Demo and Zerk and pray for KFP :smith:

Press solo, select GS, kite with magnums and deagles, it's like 7-9 minutes

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Takes No Damage posted:

Sooooo the bosses for the Inflation weekly are completely broken bullshit even with a team of 25s on Hard.

I just finished it with Hans, and it was the longest boss fight I've ever had. We lost 1 man out of the 6, but it was just a war of attrition as we led him to different areas with more ammo boxes.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Takes No Damage posted:

Yes.

When this weekly first came out I thought it was the worst weekly yet. Now that every weekly has come to pass, I can say it's the worst weekly full stop. King Fleshpound is nearly impossible. Hans is very difficult but doable since he keeps running into you instead of away. Kevin is the second hardest but still possible if you can block him from running away. We did it then and we did it now with a team of full Sharpshooters.

The weekly is just badly made. It's awful because Hard gives you no money to work with (which each player swapping to Sharpshooter, we could only afford a railgun a person and a medic pistol after pooling our money together), it's awful because the boss regens their health, it's awful because the boss gets more damage resistant the closer they are to dying, and it's awful because the most impossible thing is the boss yet you need to trudge through seven entire waves just to get that far.

In other words, it's pretty not fun and if any tryhards say it's challenging, slap them and tell them that health regen and damage resistance doesn't make a boss challenging, it makes a boss a bullet sponge.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Great, Matriarch coming in with skull nipple piercings and all.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ZearothK posted:

Great, Matriarch coming in with skull nipple piercings and all.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1462969213879246255

I dunno, methinks Bloat nipple rings confirmed.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

That's a big titty

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I just did my dailies and my dosh amount went down when I went to the vault - anyone else have this bug?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

clockworkjoe posted:

I just did my dailies and my dosh amount went down when I went to the vault - anyone else have this bug?

It doesn't go down, the visual for the gauge just starts from the top and goes down to where it actually is.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Great news, I got the DJ Scully Vault Precious, however i dont own him

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah, I have pretty much nothing from dosh vault crates except skins for characters I don't have.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

What do you mean you don't own the characters? The only locked characters are the fat white guy, the knight white guy and the chicken suit.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The only worthwhile thing I got out of it was sharky. Everything else has been for characters I don't give a poo poo about.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

What do you mean you don't own the characters? The only locked characters are the fat white guy, the knight white guy and the chicken suit.

They're all for Jagerhorn, which is not one of the normal characters as far as I can find.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

He's an easy unlock, you have to "follow" KF2 on Steam to get him

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

DJ scully is the digital deluxe edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry! I've had it since EA came out, is all. Didn't think stuff wouldn't be available to everyone. That's weird.

Will TI let us sell these stupid skins? I want a free game out of this junk.