Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
So I am very much down for this: Dragons Conquer America, from the folks that brought us Faith the RPG, comes Dragons riding Spaniards against dragon worshipping Aztecs. They have an awesome, free starter set too, if you want to check it out first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So I am very much down for this: Dragons Conquer America, from the folks that brought us Faith the RPG, comes Dragons riding Spaniards against dragon worshipping Aztecs. They have an awesome, free starter set too, if you want to check it out first.

Let me clarify, just to temper my excitement...

Who is riding who?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
drat, that's a bad one on my part. Yeah, needs a hyphen there: dragon-riding Spaniards. Still cool though.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Hiro Protagonist posted:

drat, that's a bad one on my part. Yeah, needs a hyphen there: dragon-riding Spaniards. Still cool though.
No, no it was good the other way.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I smell a new kickstarter.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Do you guys have any experience with this RPCEngine or whatever it's called? I admit I'm out of the loop and am interested in that Dragons v. America Kickstarter.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Did anyone back City of Mist? I see that it is out now and wondering if anyone has some first impressions.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I hope dragons riding spaniards is the next expansion they kickstart, take the fight to Europe!

Cassa posted:

Saw this in action at PAXAUS, and its a super cool project that doesn't look like it's gonna make it, which is a shame because I know I'd love the hell out of it.

Augmented Reality stuff for your role playing game.

So they shuttered this, and are going to relaunch again in the new year, hopefully with more marketing.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

"https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/218255739/praxis-black-monk" posted:

The Black Monk is a series of five games set in a strange fantasy world where time means nothing anymore. Each game is set in a unique part of a desolate world, with strange characters passing the time until the Black Monk visits.

In between these visits, the character's lives are interrupted by sometimes trivial and other times confusing events. Everything seems to fit together like an elongated jigsaw puzzle, but no one can see the starter pieces stretching across the horizon.

But they don’t complain. There is always more work. The village needs workers.

Then one evening, the sun stayed in the sky all day. When there should have been night, the sun remained. And now it feels as though it’s been years since the Black Monk came. But perhaps it was yesterday. Nothing is right…

Is that blood?

I have no idea what's going on here but it looks suitably weird.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I dunno, I liked the idea of dragons ruling over Europe to the point that they use humans as mounts. And then decide to loot and pillage the Americas for more gold.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Randalor posted:

I dunno, I liked the idea of dragons ruling over Europe to the point that they use humans as mounts. And then decide to loot and pillage the Americas for more gold.

Little dragons perching on shoulders, directing humans to do the work they're too small/busy/whatever to do.

That does sound pretty fun!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pastgo/leviathan

Leviathan is in its last 48 hours. Dirt cheap card game using X-Wing mechanics to simulate the battle between ship and whale in Moby Dick.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

silvergoose posted:

Little dragons perching on shoulders, directing humans to do the work they're too small/busy/whatever to do.

That does sound pretty fun!

Giant dragons on platforms carried by a thousand edible porters.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

homullus posted:

Giant dragons on platforms carried by a thousand edible porters.

Also good. Why is this not written yet, c'mon, chop chop!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Stereotypical sized dragons perched on skyscraper sized humans.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tom Thumb sized humans riding cat sized dragons.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ghostly time-traveling dragon-engrams from the distant past, embedding themselves as temporarily brain-enslaving memes in the minds of humans of the present so they can "ride" them around attempting to accomplish inscrutable plots.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Normal sized dragons riding normal sized humans, but the humans are all tame supermans. And spanish.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Dragons riding Spaniards but every time they say dragon it gets faster.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

potatocubed posted:

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

potatocubed posted:

When are they ever gonna say "dragon"? They'd be addressing themselves and unlikely to use the word, and presumably would be speaking Spanish anyway. I hate to be a buzzkill here but

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

some loving LIAR posted:

When are they ever gonna say "dragon"? They'd be addressing themselves and unlikely to use the word, and presumably would be speaking Spanish anyway. I hate to be a buzzkill here but
If it's a magic word it has to be in English since that's the language Jesus speaks.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Also "dragon" in Spanish is...dragón. So.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This conversation is really dragon on.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

More sensible shoes!

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Hiro Protagonist posted:

It's a fantasy world where the fantasy is that disease doesn't exist.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Safety Biscuits posted:

It's a fantasy world where the fantasy is that disease doesn't exist.

Sounds like somebody needs his blanky.

I just skimmed the free PDF for artwork, this game is gorgeous.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
But are the rules any good or is it just another gorgeous dead weight of bad rules made by people without an understanding of game design?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

most of these don't even have shoes what is this poo poo

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Well, I thought I was done with Kickstarter minis...

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

Falstaff posted:

Well, I thought I was done with Kickstarter minis...

Oh god, same here.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.
Anyone have experiance with 3d printed terrain? This kickstarter looks good, and mentions some sanding for the pieces.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Zalabar posted:

Anyone have experiance with 3d printed terrain? This kickstarter looks good, and mentions some sanding for the pieces.

Wait, so he's not selling the printer files, he's selling the models and using the KS to but a poo poo ton of 3d printers?

That's weird.

Anyway, depending on what resolution he prints at and how much you care about the texture of the model some light sanding is the easiest way to smooth out the models. Assuming you don't want to fill a rice cooker with acetone.

EDIT: Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sblh0bBHoQ

8one6 fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 7, 2017

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

8one6 posted:

Wait, so he's not selling the printer files, he's selling the models and using the KS to but a poo poo ton of 3d printers?

That's weird.

Anyway, depending on what resolution he prints at and how much you care about the texture of the model some light sanding is the easiest way to smooth out the models. Assuming you don't want to fill a rice cooker with acetate. (there's a youtube video I'll find later)

The point is that he hasnt/doesnt tried getting start-up money in a normal method, so he's going straight for KS. Even if he fails and doesnt fulfill it, there's no way that the backers are guaranteed to get anything.

Hard pass.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Hey, remember Sean K. Reynolds' Quintuple-butt? Projected release of August 2015, aaaaand *checks watch* doesn't appear to even be out of first drafts!

All of this is steeped in reaction-to-D&D jargon. Only now feats have use-slots like spells, and that's why it's sooo cool that you can have magic items that reproduce feats. You don't just have a boring +1 Defense item, you have a +1 Defense spell that is an item. *mind blown, D&D heartbreaker is saved*

quote:

All of this means the list of unique (not based on a feat) magic items in the book will be short, as most of the items are pointers to the cronks/spells/stunts.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I had completely forgotten that loving thing existed until I read "cronks"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

That Old Tree posted:

Hey, remember Sean K. Reynolds' Quintuple-butt? Projected release of August 2015, aaaaand *checks watch* doesn't appear to even be out of first drafts!

All of this is steeped in reaction-to-D&D jargon. Only now feats have use-slots like spells, and that's why it's sooo cool that you can have magic items that reproduce feats. You don't just have a boring +1 Defense item, you have a +1 Defense spell that is an item. *mind blown, D&D heartbreaker is saved*

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk

:laffo: that dude twice whined about me personally on his fuckin' Facebook because I disagreed with him on the Paizo forums.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Old Tree posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk
I remember! I almost hate-backed it at a dollar!

I was expecting a train wreck in the "bad design" sense not a project management disaster.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Antivehicular posted:

I had completely forgotten that loving thing existed until I read "cronks"

croooooooooooooooooooooonk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
It's the poo poo that keeps on making GBS threads.