Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Good Will Hrunting posted:

a scheme in which he is a substantially better fit for his size and level of athleticism now

That says it all, doesn't it? Capers can't even effectively use a Hall of Fame player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

That says it all, doesn't it? Capers can't even effectively use a Hall of Fame player.
He and McCarthy both can't adjust their schemes to suit his players. Last year when he was talking about "we have to beat our 1-on-1s" I nearly blew my own head off.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

SKULL.GIF posted:

He;s bad but the personnel there is also just better up front in general besides Big Mike D. Though Kenny Clark is a very bright spot in this defense. Also Damarious Randall man, props for taking a benching embarrassment and turning in a pretty solid few performances. Proud for him.

Whispers of Bradford to IR and Teddy B coming back? I could gently caress with a Teddy-lead Vikings team doing well. He's impossible to not love.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

SKULL.GIF posted:

I remember when they signed Pep and Capers was talking about how he'd been playing out of position his whole career and he was actually a natural 3-4 OLB

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

scuz posted:

He and McCarthy both can't adjust their schemes to suit his players. Last year when he was talking about "we have to beat our 1-on-1s" I nearly blew my own head off.

Pad level,

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I wonder if Fat Mike keeps Capers around just as a scapegoat.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Bryan Bulaga tore his ACL for real btw

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Capers insists on sticking to a 3-4 despite rarely ever having enough LB depth to make it work.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/927755243542024193

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fuckin’ woof

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
fun fact: Stafford is the first starting Lions QB to get two wins at Lambeau since 1970

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

fun fact: Stafford is the first starting Lions QB to get two wins at Lambeau since 1970

You know, I was going to post "Really?? Mitchell, Kramer, Kitna didn't do it??" And as I typed everything past Mitchell I just gave up being surprised.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
fun fact: The Green Bay Packers are one of the worst teams in the league

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/927974154254540803

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

:five:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Hundley provided more points than Rodgers in the 2 Lions wins at Lambeau. Numbers don't lie

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

schweens posted:

Hundley provided more points than Rodgers in the 2 Lions wins at Lambeau. Numbers don't lie

More than Rodgers and Kaep combined!

e: missread and thought this was just last two games and you were doing some Blake Bortals facts schtick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/928298954252541953

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/928304364783046656

:lol:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That twitter handle is win. I can't hate the dude in general either.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
It would be so awesome to see Teddy comeback and look good. When do Vikings people think he'll be back?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i thought it’d be this week but Case is starting again. If the Vikings aren’t waiting for Case to turn into a pumpkin, I would think either vs the Rams (first home game) or against the Lions (take advantage of a fresher QB on a short week).

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The Packers cut Martellus Bennett

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

The Packers cut Martellus Bennett

Failure to Disclose a medical condition.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/928383919958794240

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

He was planning on retiring at the end of the season right?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Godspeed you! Black Unicorn

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
the best place for teddy to start would be against the falcons or Lions. Case is currently doing okay so why not ride it out for a bit and give Teddy some practice with the team.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
he’s been practicing the last three weeks and a part of team meetings and game planning all season. all the primary receivers are also guys he’s played with before. at this point, the main question is about game day rust and performance. the vikings would be better served to get him on the field sooner rather than later.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Basically this - HASAN: Start Teddy Bridgewater

quote:

I asked Derrik Klassen, a quarterback analyst for Football Outsiders, about this debate. His response was forceful. “If he is truly healthy enough to play, he should,” stated Klassen. “The Vikings sit atop the NFC North and beating Washington would likely secure the division, barring a disaster. A healthy Bridgewater, even if not quite as good as he was before injury, is better than Keenum. Bridgewater can better take advantage of Minnesota’s weapons and transition this offense from good to great.”

The biggest reason that Klassen cited for Bridgewater’s superiority was his ability to create better ball placement for receivers, creating yards-after-catch (YAC) opportunities. “Teddy [Bridgewater] will more consistently create YAC. Keenum forces tough catches; Bridgewater will keep players in stride. I also trust Bridgewater to protect the ball better. Keenum usually does that fine for his first few games, then unravels, and we have seen that in Minnesota recently, just like last year in Los Angeles.”

quote:

There’s an argument that Bridgewater didn’t throw many touchdowns in his 2015 season, and therefore he’s not particularly special, but that’s not a particularly complete argument; Keenum has thrown a touchdown on 3.0 percent of his passes, while Bridgewater threw a touchdown on 3.3 percent of his.

In fact, Bridgewater threw with a higher yards per attempt in 2015 than Keenum has this year, and with higher adjusted yards per attempt.

All of this is with a significantly worse offensive line — one that ranked dead last in advanced pass protection statistics, standard pass protection statistics and contemporary film-oriented lists — and a receiving corps that cycled through Mike Wallace and Charles Johnson before settling on a less-developed Thielen.

Emphasis mine.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 9, 2017

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Also not sure if this has been posted or not, but Stafford owns.

https://youtu.be/8rvIwyikbRU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
You should never have to combine the words "game winning heroics" and "against the Browns"

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
https://twitter.com/benfennell_nfl/status/928050831152345089

Fennell owns so much

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

You should never have to combine the words "game winning heroics" and "against the Browns"

It was a year after 0-16

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
That's so old it's from when some people would have said the Lions are more pathetic than the Browns

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

OxySnake posted:

Also not sure if this has been posted or not, but Stafford owns.

https://youtu.be/8rvIwyikbRU

He does. What the clip doesn't show you is that they were down 24-3 at one point but somehow ended up winning.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/928668985607954432

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Did they go bound for street this year?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The bears should hire him once they fire Fox.

What's the worst that could happen?

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Hizawk posted:

The bears should hire him once they fire Fox.

What's the worst that could happen?

I think the bears should test a new dual-hc format. Mcadoo and Tomsula, the two most chicago looking dudes in the nfl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tomsula is doing pretty well over in Washington though.

• Locked thread