Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

So I have access to a Sega Saturn SD card reader mod and after a long time spent last week figuring out how to properly backup a bunch of disks I have in a format that is supported, and replacing the Saturn internal, getting a new 4 in 1 cart, etc, it's good to go:

Been playing Cross Tantei, it's basically Ace Attorney with more true to real life characters. I would recommend it for anyone that owns a Saturn or PS1 and likes dumb visual novel detective games with some puzzles and who can read moon runes. Playing this for the first time, and replaying all 3 Shining Force III discs. What else should I play games forum?

Princess Crown, Nanatsu Kaze no Shima Monogatari, Tyrush Deppy, and Soukyugurentai for some shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

chumbler posted:

I haven't seen the direct, but screenshots haven't looked great.

They released a character specific trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just got a new bigscreen TV, video games look really great on this thing compared to my ancient plasma

Up to about 400 moons in Odyssey and I think I'm about done at this point. Time to move on to trying BotW again, I think

Still not sure if I want to try master mode or not though. Probably not since I never actually beat the game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

They released a character specific trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

I really like how this looks visually but I got burned so hard on XCX, dunno if I'm gonna jump in on this one (as much as I want a Switch JRPG right now)

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

don't worry 15 years from now we'll see a point and click adventure phoenix rise from the ashes once more. all time is cyclical

Yes but it will be a phone game where you pay for clues and the puzzles will be more obtuse than anything Sierra could have ever thought of.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
gently caress i just hit the wall insofar as "things not to think about while high" goes

trying to make a shred of sense about legend of mana...

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

gently caress i just hit the wall insofar as "things not to think about while high" goes

trying to make a shred of sense about legend of mana...

Legend of Mana is about the personal footprint we leave on the world through other people. Everyone's story is about their relationship with another character and how they'll destroy themselves or everything around them to get nearer to that special person.

It is my favorite Mana game, probably my favorite PS1 game and I just want someone to remake it with higher res graphics and maybe a difficulty slider so you can't sleep through it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a good JRPG is Tokyo Mirage Sessions

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't know why legend of mana would need higher res graphics when it's already one of the prettiest ps1 games ever made

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i don't know why legend of mana would need higher res graphics when it's already one of the prettiest ps1 games ever made

The PS1's max resolution is like less than standard SD iirc so it would help it not look like pixelly rear end on a modern TV.
As with everything 2D though you run the risk of it looking like a flash game at too high a resolution.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

Legend of Mana is about the personal footprint we leave on the world through other people. Everyone's story is about their relationship with another character and how they'll destroy themselves or everything around them to get nearer to that special person.

i never thought about it like that but it's true huh

i guess you're looking at it from a way deeper perspective than i am, i got stuck on "wtf is nunuzac is it even explained in-game? no, no it's not. what the gently caress nunuzac"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

I've been told it will never happen but I really hope it somehow gets a Switch port.

I don't think it alone is enough to somehow justify a Wii U purchase for myself.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a good jrpg is WILD ARMS: 2ND IGNITION

i want an english translation of crime crackers 2, the dungeon crawling fps for the ps1 where you can get the fire guardian from wild arms as an item and your dad is a gun-toting robot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

your dad is a gun-toting robot

but enough about West Virginia

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5shTgbwcZA

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I've only played the prologue so far of TMS because it requires a TV and I wanted it to be a bed game :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Now for the post game dungeon and then I can finally start Horizon now that the dlc is out.

I would kinda recommend against playing the post game dungeon, but cranking the difficulty down and turning on auto battle and watching a movie or something because it's a very long and very repetitive and very boring experience

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Just got a new bigscreen TV, video games look really great on this thing compared to my ancient plasma

Up to about 400 moons in Odyssey and I think I'm about done at this point. Time to move on to trying BotW again, I think

Still not sure if I want to try master mode or not though. Probably not since I never actually beat the game
if you can power your way to 500 moons you should try, you unlock something very nice

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I own Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. I don't know if I will ever actually play a Dead Rising game but is there any benefit to also owning Dead Rising 2 original edition

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not really, off the record is a straight up better game mechanically. The story is different though if you really feel strongly about Chuck Greene or whatever his name was

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

if you can power your way to 500 moons you should try, you unlock something very nice

yeah maybe, I know what it unlocks and that does sound pretty neat

it's less that i don't want to play odyssey anymore and more that i want to give BotW a shake, but they haven't invented a way for me to play two (attention-requiring) games at once yet :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I own Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. I don't know if I will ever actually play a Dead Rising game but is there any benefit to also owning Dead Rising 2 original edition

Otr is a bigger game with a more popular main character with a less annoying time sensitive medical problem to deal with

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

I would kinda recommend against playing the post game dungeon, but cranking the difficulty down and turning on auto battle and watching a movie or something because it's a very long and very repetitive and very boring experience

yeah post-game dungeons in tales games suck and berseria has probably one of the worst, just look up the end of it because it's by far the only good part

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wizards of Aus is surprisingly funny.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

otr is a better game and it's more fun to watch fat frank in his awkward adventure to show that he can still be cool but otoh it codes a woman from og dead rising 2 to look evil and be the new true main antagonist for no reason

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

otr is a better game but otoh it codes a woman from og dead rising 2 to look evil and be the new true main antagonist for no reason
They did it to have a different ending fight than Vanilla 2.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't really care about her being the villain i think the funny part is just making her look evil, so that the player will have no qualms about having to fight her

but anyway just play otr

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thanks for the info.

I guess if anyone wants to play the game that people just ragged on, you can claim this key: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=p5BS3MxE6N25*8B*

Where * is the first letter of "I've covered ______, you know", which is the only thing I know about Dead Rising (uppercase)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks for the info.

I guess if anyone wants to play the game that people just ragged on, you can claim this key: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=p5BS3MxE6N25*8B*

Where * is the first letter of "I've covered ______, you know", which is the only thing I know about Dead Rising (uppercase)

Claimed this, literally the first time I've managed to claim something on here before someone else got to it! :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got n++ one time and it was magical

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i had to google "i've covered ______ you know" because i know nothing about the dead rising games other than "you kill a whole lot of zombotrons"

e: ohhhh LEGO Star Wars (the newest one, Force Awakens) is only fivebux on PS4 right now

precision fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 8, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

I already started and this seems like it's probably the best advice because yeah it's kind of a drag

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's 1 am and I'm playing hyrule warriors til I can fall asleep. Today was a chill day overall, got my med situation taken care of, everything's going fine, just gonna relax and keep playin games.

What's everyone else up to? Hopefully everybody else had at least a serviceable Tuesday.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I went out to vote and then finished drawing a picture. Pretty normal and chill day up until I started catching up on the news. Now I'm just angry and sad again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

It's 1 am and I'm playing hyrule warriors til I can fall asleep. Today was a chill day overall, got my med situation taken care of, everything's going fine, just gonna relax and keep playin games.

What's everyone else up to? Hopefully everybody else had at least a serviceable Tuesday.

Played siren for a bit after a long day. I like playing it from like 11pm to 1am for the fright factor but it's also really stressful and takes a bit to wind down from afterwards

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
playing sonic forces is like having a fever, i feel like im going insane

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm busy losing at Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Very Big Maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I'm busy losing at Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Very Big Maps.

They're huge maps but I imagine you can mitigate that headache in an emulator by giving yourself save state "checkpoints"

• Locked thread