Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

a kitten posted:

I'm like two minutes into Recovery of an MMO Junkie and i love her and want her to be happy

It's a really cute show. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

I'm like two minutes into Recovery of an MMO Junkie and i love her and want her to be happy

:yeah:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Everyone in Netjuu is a gigantic goof and the best.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

a kitten posted:

:hai:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I can't believe the best show of the season is about a NEET playing an MMORPG

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Every time I watch one of these shows what strikes me most is how awful the games look. Asian MMOs must be a grindy hell to play.

edit: it also really annoys me how they never seem to get a good dynamic for guilds that matches what I've seen in WoW.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Galvanik posted:

Every time I watch one of these shows what strikes me most is how awful the games look. Asian MMOs must be a grindy hell to play.

edit: it also really annoys me how they never seem to get a good dynamic for guilds that matches what I've seen in WoW.

I find it interesting that the latest episode features loot crate type mechanics and premium currency. MMO animes of old rarely touched on that stuff, I think the closest they ever got was concerns about Real Money Trading. Just shows how MMO monetization has changed I suppose.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Galvanik posted:

I don't know, it lines up pretty well with what the guilds I've been in: a bunch of people you chat with, show your glamour off to, and occasionally do group content with.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think FFXIV is the only MMO from Asia that's not Grinding Hell.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

a kitten posted:

I'm still mad they made her less fluffy.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't know, it lines up pretty well with what the guilds I've been in: a bunch of people you chat with, show your glamour off to, and occasionally do group content with.

Minus 50 dkp for being knocked into the whelps!!!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

AnoHito posted:

Morimori was flufflier in the manga/novel/whatever this is based on? Go on.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is group content what they're calling it nowadays

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Morimori was flufflier in the manga/novel/whatever this is based on? Go on.

It’s a reference to the events of recent episodes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

It’s a reference to the events of recent episodes.

Aah, gotcha. I got up to episode 3 last night, gonna watch the last two today, so not quite there yet. I thought they'd actually changed her body type some for the anime or something but couldn't find any examples from a quick google so I got curious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The first half of Fate/Apocrypha is hitting Netflix at midnight Pacific.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AnoHito posted:

I'll be fine as long as she doesn't stop being a big dork.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did the final image in the Netojuu credits change this week, or was she always there with the new haircut? I haven't had a chance to go back and look yet.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did the final image in the Netojuu credits change this week, or was she always there with the new haircut? I haven't had a chance to go back and look yet.

They changed it for the new haircut.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

They changed it for the new haircut.

Neat, thought so. :3:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Drunk Wife show hasn't been as good as I was expecting, but I did appreciate this episode setting up the Drunk Wife Extended Universe.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dynamic Chord is looking good.

https://twitter.com/yon4444/status/926668062513700864

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love how people on niconico and Twitter have taken to calling everything in the show Dynamic [noun].

DYNAMIC ROAD

DYNAMIC CURVE (why did they show this)
https://i.imgur.com/aFJBIiw.gifv

DYNAMIC RIGHT TURN
https://i.imgur.com/NdtfctV.gifv

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
And yet another reason why Mahoujin Guru-Guru is one of the best of the year: It's the first time I've heard Kana Asumi's voice since her minor roles in Haifuri and Nisekoi (I don't find myself watching idol shows and never got drawn into Fox Spirit Matchmakers or whatever that show is called).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Food Wars has been really good this season. If you maybe fell off the second season for being a pretty banal tourney, this season actually has plot!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kytrarewn posted:

And yet another reason why Mahoujin Guru-Guru is one of the best of the year: It's the first time I've heard Kana Asumi's voice since her minor roles in Haifuri and Nisekoi (I don't find myself watching idol shows and never got drawn into Fox Spirit Matchmakers or whatever that show is called).

that's a strong reason. i haven't seen past ep 1 yet but might i suggest checking out Enmusubi no Youko-chan? she plays the main girl, an airheaded squeaky fox girl, which is as kana asumin a role as they come.

e: oh i guess i missed that last part of your post. well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

kater posted:

Food Wars has been really good this season. If you maybe fell off the second season for being a pretty banal tourney, this season actually has plot!

how can you fall off season two it's a TOURNAMENT ARC although the rise of Food Hitler is pretty great.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

kater posted:

This plot may actually become grating and long-winded after a while though. What? Why would I know? I read the manga and it's made me drop it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Grouchio posted:

This plot may actually become grating and long-winded after a while though. What? Why would I know? I read the manga and it's made me drop it.

This is a great endorsement of the plot, thanks Grouchio.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

This is a great endorsement of the plot, thanks Grouchio.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sorry, it is actually the season where food wars will get bad

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Hey, someone recorded how I drive.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Has anyone been keeping up with Children of the Whales? I watched the first three episodes but it just wasn't gripping, and I'm considering dropping it - were the last two episodes any good?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been waiting for someone to post exactly what kind of show the whale children thing is and I still have no idea, it was one I was waiting to see reactions on before checking out and the fact that there are no reactions is kinda telling.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I've been waiting for someone to post exactly what kind of show the whale children thing is and I still have no idea, it was one I was waiting to see reactions on before checking out and the fact that there are no reactions is kinda telling.

The main characters live on an isolated island in a peaceful commune until a bunch of people who suppress their emotions show up and murder most of the island's population, and then they're presumably forced to set out and survive while being hunted by the evil empire.

At least that's the premise based on the last episode I saw (the third one).

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I was hoping that show might be the second coming of Shinsekai Yori but I guess it's not that?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
is that an endorsement

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I thought it had a thread, but it seems to have vanished.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fangz posted:

I was hoping that show might be the second coming of Shinsekai Yori but I guess it's not that?

I couldn't make it through SSY so if it was that I wasn't going to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Konohana Kitan was very thirsty today.

• Locked thread