Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

This thread was a good run folks, it only came to it's natural conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ugh... Cant believe the SJW admin of reddit, are oppressing freespeech again... So suddenly that tinder man is the badguy, for asking questions? So just for asking questions he's, suddenly the bad guy. So suddenly he's a bad person. Wow... So much for "Be nice to everyone",,, "Liberal Logic"

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

That guy can't even muster up some enthusiasm for his catfishing like gently caress man you're epically owning this Stacy in Real Life for your incel internet pals and even loving THAT up like get a bit hyphy man I'm just not feelin it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Ghostlight posted:

It's literally this.

Women are conditioned to be insanely compensatingly polite to men in even the absolute shittiest and most terrifying circumstances because of ~dennis~ The Implication ~dennis~

This has taken me a long time to understand as a dude who is also basically a giant, but totally understandable in context of some men just being insane.

edit: While i fully support the closing of /r/incels I am also very disappointed that this well of hilarious assholes has dried the gently caress up.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
As incel "culture" evolved on /r9k/, I figured I'd peek in on their thoughts.

quote:

Why would you insult an incel as a Redditor? We were easily the most persecuted group there.
I couldn't post anywhere that wasn't the incel sub. If I did my post would get deleted, downvoted, get a derogatory response or I would blatantly get banned, even if my post wasn't provoking.
Many of us would get death threats (tm), spam, or pure bullying material. Personally I got 3 such messages.
We even had a sub (inceltears) which carefully monitored the posts/comments each and every one of us made and thoroughly (((debunk))) them (without censoring our names so we could be then harassed via PMs).

Calling an incel a cringy redditor is like calling a Jewish resident of WW2 Germany a Nazi.

quote:

Although reddit is poo poo /r/incels had amazing mods that purged normies with the fury of a thousand suns. Even saying "just shower bro" was instaban.

/r9k/ will never compete because 4chan's liberal moderation policy will always results in normies and roastie scum posting and making GBS threads everything up.

quote:

not really, we were complying with reddit's rules. reddit became more serious about getting rid of violence, so we as mods started removing every single post that promoted violence.

We were complying with them, but they banned us regardless, without warning. I don't think there's anything we could have done.

incels.org. azavii there is the real guy, I already confirmed.

cheers.

Oh look, they made a site, and it's brand new.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

That's good, an obscure website outside of a mainstream place like Reddit will make 'recruiting' at least a little bit harder. Also when not under Reddit rule they're pretty much guaranteed to devolve to posting outright about rape, slavery and violence so the site should end up on some FBI watchlist sooner or later.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

It's literally this.

Women are conditioned to be insanely compensatingly polite to men in even the absolute shittiest and most terrifying circumstances because of ~dennis~ The Implication ~dennis~

Well at least I know I'm not scaring women.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Palpek posted:

That's good, an obscure website outside of a mainstream place like Reddit will make 'recruiting' at least a little bit harder. Also when not under Reddit rule they're pretty much guaranteed to devolve to posting outright about rape, slavery and violence so the site should end up on some FBI watchlist sooner or later.

looking forward to the announcement that the database has been hacked and all the incels' IP addresses and emails have been compromised

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
someone should tell that person that insipidus means thirsty

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Insipidus actually means tasteless. Like bland, pointless.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
gently caress i misremembered my undergrad science course

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only cope.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
our pure, unbespoiled king is dead

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm just going to say it.

Cuckmins was the best game released on the Inceldo Twee.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That forum is going to be great.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 8, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Palpek posted:

Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only cope.

OP of this one made me realize we're probably gonna see all kinds of anime girl avs now that they're off of reddit

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
code:
whois incels.org 
Admin Name: Sergeant Incel

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

It's literally this.

It's so painfully true. I've been in a lot of situations where you just smile and nod and hope the guy who gives you murder vibes stops telling you about how pretty you are.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As a man I'm not sure how much I've contributed to this phenomena versus caused it.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

univbee posted:

This is apparently a vid but I'm not watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5_krEPfcM

:magical:

nooooo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Benny Harvey posted:

Well at least I know I'm not scaring women.

That's the thing, you don't know that. Even if you are being polite and askng an innocent question and think you are approachable, there's a good chance some rear end in a top hat who was even more polite and innocent who looks pretty much like you got threatening or violent with her in the past so you are inherently scary.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's the thing, you don't know that. Even if you are being polite and askng an innocent question and think you are approachable, there's a good chance some rear end in a top hat who was even more polite and innocent who looks pretty much like you got threatening or violent with her in the past so you are inherently scary.

I think he's making the joke that women openly treat him like poo poo. :v:

iloin siitin
Jul 23, 2017

I was wondering how much of the misogyny can be attributed to the posters not having any sisters, at least this guy obviously grew up with none

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Imagine how furious they would be if the tables were turned and they showed up for a date with an attractive woman who turned out to be an unattractive basement dweller who started screaming at them about how men are scum.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

Imagine how furious they would be if the tables were turned and they showed up for a date with an attractive woman who turned out to be an unattractive basement dweller who started screaming at them about how men are scum.

Just sending someone who isn't attractive doesn't have the same intimidation factor. I'd absolutely help crowdfund a beefy female MMA fighter catfishing incels to scream at them about women's rights, though.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
lol holy poo poo

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Just sending someone who isn't attractive doesn't have the same intimidation factor. I'd absolutely help crowdfund a beefy female MMA fighter catfishing incels to scream at them about women's rights, though.

I doubt that’d be the same even then, because a woman probably also fears being raped. After all, guys get scared of other guys too, but that aloe doesn’t give them the same “must be nice” culture.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

this but they end up falling in falling in love; a very greasy love, coming to theaters summer 2019

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Reddit finally showed them...the door

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
That video is hard to watch. I made it about 30 seconds before shutting it off.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

That video is hard to watch. I made it about 30 seconds before shutting it off.

you could probably make an incel voight-kampff test by making people watch the video from beginning to end and measuring their response

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ReadingZucchini posted:

you could probably make an incel voight-kampff test by making people watch the video from beginning to end and measuring their response

"Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about females."
*incel shoots interviewer*

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

It's literally this.

I hate that scene because so many men took it as advice.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dienes posted:

Why on earth would you stand there repeating "no, its not" to a man insulting you for 6 minutes? Just...walk away.

This is what incels keep saying to prove she's not scared of him. It's really not easy to walk away even when you're in a busy environment.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
That catfish video is great if just for the way the girl looks at the incel with the camera. It's the same expression of pity and confusion you see in videos when crazy people are screaming at strangers for gang stalking them.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I think she's mega brave for dealing with that whole situation, I can't even fathom what she must have been feeling.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Pick posted:

I hate that scene because so many men took it as advice.

What makes it worse is that Mac is the audience stand-in listening to this and saying, "That's pretty much rape."

Pleasing Shape posted:

Reddit finally showed them...the door

:golfclap: I appreciated this.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mojo1701a posted:

What makes it worse is that Mac is the audience stand-in listening to this and saying, "That's pretty much rape."

It is rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solefald posted:

I think she's mega brave for dealing with that whole situation, I can't even fathom what she must have been feeling.

This is one of those situations where if you see it unfolding IRL, please step in. There's this new narrative of "oh, don't be a white knight, that's the worst and so pathetic." No, it isn't. If you see someone in trouble, help that person. She handles it bravely but she's clearly terrified and really could have used someone's help, also just to hear she was in the right so she doesn't come out in doubt as to whether this insane person had a point. It's traumatizing for people to be socially condemned for absolutely no reason, very jarring.

• Locked thread