Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Not gonna lie, I've had that and tornado kick both off my bar since getting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

One Ilm Punch is the strongest its ever been

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

homeless snail posted:

MNK is just bad in general because you

:smith:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Brainamp posted:

Not gonna lie, I've had that and tornado kick both off my bar since getting them.

Last I checked Tornado Kick can actually be a dps gain now, if you time it to be used in the last 3~ seconds of a riddle of fire then immediately use a Perfect Balance to get back up to 3 stacks.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Any solutions to lag problems right now? It got unplayable for me tonight with 10-20s spikes

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it’s been bad for me for the past few nights. not sure what is going on.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

comingafteryouall posted:

Any solutions to lag problems right now? It got unplayable for me tonight with 10-20s spikes

I was eventually able to find a mud fish node that worked but since it’s backbone connections that are having issues that may or may not work at all.

That said O3S is very interesting when the offtank DCs at the wrong times... manaward - it does nothing!

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

comingafteryouall posted:

Bunch of ISPs are having problems since yesterday across the entire U.S.. Someone in game mentioned WTFast as a potential solution but they may also just not be in an affected area so who knows.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I really need to pay closer attention to new recipes and markets and stuff. By the time I actually grow the cloudsbreath I'm crossing for, it's going to be worth like 100 gil apiece.The price on excal has dropped like a stone since Saturday. I'm late to the party, so it's my own fault.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I swore off WHM at the start of Stormblood because the changes looked poo poo. I got RDM to 70 and then picked up WHM as an alt to keep it relevant and then realised the changes were actually good and WHM is still the class I wanted to play.

Yeah I really disliked the WHM changes when I saw them laid out and it kept me from buying Stormblood for a while since it seemed like they made my class poo poo. Now I see all the new moves are just being bonuses to the WHM kit that already existed and I'm having a good time. Divine Benison is a pretty awesome move and I don't know why, lillies are kind of lovely though. I'm also a freak and preferred the old style of cleric stance dancing better than how healer DPSing works now but it's almost made even by the fact that I don't have to choose between healy assize and murder everything assize.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It's a DDoS.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Vadoc posted:

It's a DDoS.

Why is FFXIV such a seemingly popular DDoS target?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Because it's popular and nerds are unhappy about it being better than WoW or got banned for being a oval office so are using their 1337 script kiddie 'hacking' to teach SE a lesson?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Besides, Trump is being his usual self in Asia and pissing off NK so they're the likely suspects in a DDoS to all services (maybe a bit of Russia/China too since there's various lections happening in the States right now?), Brazil also seems to be getting hit really badly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

People DDOS because they can.
There might be reasons like Trump being a twat like usual and pissing off state actors behind it, but even if there weren't, people would still do it.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Leofish posted:

I like the helpful role actions like Goad and Mana Shift and Apocatastasis. They're fun to toss out, but I sometimes forget when I get super focused on gettin' the deeps.

I don't think I've ever really used Apocatastasis since using it to help out someone with vuln during Sophia EX's ult.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
Does anybody know what the deal with this is? Best I can figure is that it's there for Rabanastre, which has ??? as it's area title.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably just an umbrella heading for places that don't have a strictly defined continent. They said Dalmasca is above Garlemald iirc but they probably haven't mapped the planet out to that extent so gently caress it, it's ???

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Lori posted:

Does anybody know what the deal with this is? Best I can figure is that it's there for Rabanastre, which has ??? as it's area title.

Some enterprising Redditors poked around in it, it holds both Rabanastre and the Ultimate Coil.

As for the servers being broken, I'm using Mudfish and I've had zero connection problems the last couple of days. I have my nodes set up like this:

Much more importantly, I fixed my DRK glamour, which I lost the gloves and boots for ages ago. I love how utterly, utterly bemused my character looks in the flying chair; that's not even her neutral expression, it's more scowl-y.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

EponymousMrYar posted:

100% of the time when I have goaded a War/Pld, they kept pulling and my DPS sucked because I couldn't AoE because I'm out of TP with Invig still having 80+ seconds left on CD.
Then they'd run out of TP halfway through that second pull with most of the mobs still being alive.
Then Invig would pop off CD and I'd get another Tenka Gokken in (480 tp) before going right back to where I started.

Then we'd eventually kill the rest of those mobs relying on the other DPS and some stuff from the Healer and it would take way longer than if I didn't Goad in the first place so that the tank stopped and waited for their TP (and by extension, mine.)

SAM's love Goad and Spire more than anyone else.

You realize that the run isn't actually going to go faster by causing tp stalls, right? Also I don't have any idea why you think you ditch leg sweep for goad as a sam. I run leg sweep, invigorate, goad, diversion, true north.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
So I've been derping around at my own pace, got into HW, enjoying myself. Even if I've got all sorts of opinions of the poor life choices theatre that was the end of the 2.x stuff, also why am I allowed to run around while being a wanted criminal what even game? I'm at the point where I can get an apartment or a goon-room or whatever. Is it really worth getting if I don't have my crafting classes leveled up to make furniture? Getting one just to have it seems kinda weird.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Alloran posted:

So I've been derping around at my own pace, got into HW, enjoying myself. Even if I've got all sorts of opinions of the poor life choices theatre that was the end of the 2.x stuff, also why am I allowed to run around while being a wanted criminal what even game? I'm at the point where I can get an apartment or a goon-room or whatever. Is it really worth getting if I don't have my crafting classes leveled up to make furniture? Getting one just to have it seems kinda weird.

The po-po in Gridania and Linda don't believe it and don't care, the folks in Uldah don't believe it and turn a blind eye. Talk to the various guild leaders where you've finished their storyline, it's quite sweet how they defend you.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you talk to NPCs that belong to the groups that would care about that sort of thing they'll all say stuff like "I'll look the other way since I believe in you, WoL, prove them wrong." There's actually a good chunk of new incidental dialog post-fall it was kind of cool

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

homeless snail posted:

If you talk to NPCs that belong to the groups that would care about that sort of thing they'll all say stuff like "I'll look the other way since I believe in you, WoL, prove them wrong." There's actually a good chunk of new incidental dialog post-fall it was kind of cool

Even those who believe the frame job has no inclination to actually fight you to try and arrest you. By then the WoL is already like a tactical nuke.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I have time. Whats the best way to use that time to win 30 matches at the feast? I need quickest game mode and basic survival skills

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The way the game tries to match you in dungeons is that it will try to stick one physical DPS with one magical DPS. 9/10 times, the other is some kind of caster, who wouldn't be able to goad your TP-less SAM even if you asked nicely, with please and thank you, in the most non-offensive way possible.

And if the tank isn't a warrior, that goad you've got slotted is going to waste as well, because DRK and PLD are going to run out of MP long before they run out of TP.

So if you're slotting Goad as a melee, it's basically a dead slot unless you get either 1) A warrior tank, or 2) the magical combination of double-melee, 3) a BRD/MCH that doesn't sit there with their thumb up their asses.

And in the end that still doesn't solve the problem of "other people either don't have or are too :effort: to do anything other than push a macro while you're running your AoEing SAM rear end's TP bar dry.

source: levelled SAM.

Do plds not run out of tp in big pulls? The MO is to spam total eclipse, no? Tossing out a flash occasionally to re up the blind effect maybe, but you’re definitely killing your tp, aren’t you?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I have time. Whats the best way to use that time to win 30 matches at the feast? I need quickest game mode and basic survival skills

Feast is only one game mode and you should do 8v8 practice.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Do plds not run out of tp in big pulls? The MO is to spam total eclipse, no? Tossing out a flash occasionally to re up the blind effect maybe, but you’re definitely killing your tp, aren’t you?

By the time you get low on TP you should be at 3-4 mobs anyways. At that point you hit requiscat, holy spirit the last few dudes until the pull is done, and by the time you grab the next pull you're full again. Holy spirit without req beats aoeing 3 targets and with requiscat beats aoe at 4.

PLD will only run out of TP if people aren't aoeing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Weissritter posted:

Even those who believe the frame job has no inclination to actually fight you to try and arrest you. By then the WoL is already like a tactical nuke.

I remember talking to one guy and he was all "Oh poo poo, it's the Warrior of Light. Y-you better be glad I'm feeling merciful today!"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

They should, but most dungeon running paladins do little if any AOE damage.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
you can be chill and not play this game like garbage(slotting stupid skills) HTH.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've come back to PLD after taking the entirety of HW away from it and my AoE rotation consists entirely of spamming the spinny move they added in Stormblood (I think?) and Circle of Scorn on cooldown rate it out of 10 (i'm level 52)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've come back to PLD after taking the entirety of HW away from it and my AoE rotation consists entirely of spamming the spinny move they added in Stormblood (I think?) and Circle of Scorn on cooldown rate it out of 10 (i'm level 52)

That's correct. People still don't do this. :negative:

Evidence: daily exdr and lldr mostly involve paladins whose tp bars never move

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 8, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jeez

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'd rather slot Goad and not need to use it than for someone to need it when I don't have it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I slot arm's length so I can ignore mechanics

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Once you get holy spirit, tp is never an issue. Do not spam PLD aoe at 3 or less targets ever and single target holy spirit if four are up and you have requiscat.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

vOv posted:

I don't think I've ever really used Apocatastasis since using it to help out someone with vuln during Sophia EX's ult.

It's never required in any of the content I do but, if I've got an O4 group and the tank already has lightning vuln, I'll throw it on for Thunder III. Having a few extra support skills makes me feel all Red Magey. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don’t use any skills I can’t pronounce