Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Clockwerk posted:

It was the best of times, it was the Italian hell of times

Oh god I forgot about that.

D3 vanilla difficulty levels: Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Italian Hell :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Maybe I was just not paying attention, but I don't remember anyone calling inferno didficulty "Italian Hell" until right after Reaper of Souls was releasesd.

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

I'm pretty sure it was pre vanilla release, right around the time someone here was complaining he wouldn't be able play the game on a train or some poo poo.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That sounds like a complaint I've made.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I've never done a challenge rift before. So when the Season starts, do the challenge rift immediately before even starting a season character then after success, start a season char and claim the reward?

Also, can you move the skills around to other spots or are you stuck with that person's bindings?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

kiwid posted:

Also, can you move the skills around to other spots or are you stuck with that person's bindings?

As a general rule, nothing you do to your character is permanent (except leveling up), all skills, passives, stat points can be swapped around at will.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kiwid posted:

I've never done a challenge rift before. So when the Season starts, do the challenge rift immediately before even starting a season character then after success, start a season char and claim the reward?

You can do it before you create the character. The rewards load into the character you first launch after beating the Challenge.

No.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

bamhand posted:

As a general rule, nothing you do to your character is permanent (except leveling up), all skills, passives, stat points can be swapped around at will.

No I meant on the challenge rift character. It says you must use their skills and gear. Let's say it was a Wizard and they had frozen orb on left mouse button. Could you move it to right mouse button instead?

edit:

drat, ok thanks.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

kiwid posted:

Yes, you can move around the skills the way you normally would. You are, of course, restricted to precisely the six chosen skill runes, but you could totally leave one empty if you felt like handicapping yourself.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

bio347 posted:

Yes, you can move around the skills the way you normally would. You are, of course, restricted to precisely the six chosen skill runes, but you could totally leave one empty if you felt like handicapping yourself.

Ehhhhhhhhh? Maybe that's a PC thing. I don't think it lets you on console. My bad

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
so wd starts with the best set right? not that matters all that much. I played one last season though.

honestly I might go monk and shoot for the stars with sunwoko. if that fails I'll just give all his poo poo to a dh.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm going Hardcore Barb this season

SPIN2WIN bb, SPIN2WIN

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
IK HOTA barb is projected to be one of the strongest builds this season, and is the Barb starter set.

That said, it's never been a better time to just play whatever you want thanks to the 2.6.1 reset. Unless you just loving love the poo poo out of LoN builds.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I like to just mindlessly WW around in T13 while watching Netflix so this season is going to be great.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
did anyone, ever, super adore lon builds? there's some fun ingenuity in building them over sets maybe, but playing them is usually warbled garbage in my experience

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

90s Shoes posted:

did anyone, ever, super adore lon builds? there's some fun ingenuity in building them over sets maybe, but playing them is usually warbled garbage in my experience
The people who are very stuck on "let me play the game my way not the way you want me to, Blizzard!" tend to be the remaining LoN lovers. Because nothing says "choice" like following a mostly predetermined set of items instead of a mostly predetermined set of items!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If all you cared about is epeen cred for a leaderboard posting with a LoN build then I am sure people enjoyed DH LoN FoN to death (about 8 times every GR :v: ).

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The only LON build I played that was actually enjoyable was a Blessed Shield crusader.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
And now the Akkhan Cpt 'Murica version blows it out of the water.

Coelacanthian
Dec 23, 2008
Yeah, I had originally planned to do a Monk this season since Uliana's is the starter and the 7-sided strike builds have been buffed pretty well, but with all the buffs to Akkhan there are like 3 old builds that are now pushing top level GRs. Even without a cool starting set (not a hammer spam fan) I'm real stoked to give Blessed Shield and Condemn a shot and see what Akkhan is all about. The Holy shotgun builds look cool too, though they also seem real similar to my shadow impale DH.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm continually weirded out that almost all crusader builds revolve around mass attack speed. The heavily armoured warrior of the light, wielding a bigass 2h flail in one hand and a massive shield in the other, is aaaaaaaallllll about attacking as many times per second as possible for some reason.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

bio347 posted:

I'm continually weirded out that almost all crusader builds revolve around mass attack speed. The heavily armoured warrior of the light, wielding a bigass 2h flail in one hand and a massive shield in the other, is aaaaaaaallllll about attacking as many times per second as possible for some reason.

It's mainly a result of main damage ability consumes a ton of resources vs does not consume resources. Or is dependent on cooldowns vs not dependent on cooldowns.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

bio347 posted:

I kinda wish +% elemental damage wasn’t a thing, or if they have to have it, have it with gems or something instead. The highest weapon damage rune is already the de facto choice and the multiplicative elemental damage is so huge that you’re gimping yourself without it, it kinda makes runes feel pointless for most abilities. Feels like a remnant from loot 1.0.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Plus it's kind of just a pain in the rear end to have a different pair of bracers/amulet per spec.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Yeah I guesss I’m assuming here that at a certain point people say gently caress it and stop trying to collect a perfect set for every element like me because seriously, gently caress it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bio347 posted:

Zealadin now and forever.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

exquisite tea posted:

:allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dameius posted:

And now the Akkhan Cpt 'Murica version blows it out of the water.

I'm seriously excited to try that as my second character this season.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Didn't Zeal have a bug at some point where, like, if the first attack missed all the rest in the cast would too? Ah, the good ol' days.

And I'm fine with the Zealadin archtype existing, it's just weird that hammers attack fast, sweep attacks fast (and bash would too if it wasn't broken), invoker attacks fast, shield throw attacks fast... Condemn is like the only major build that isn't built around fast attacks, and that's weird.

...I guess thinking about it there's not really a lot of slow-attack builds out there, period, just by the nature of the game, but still. Put it on my D4 wishlist: the bigass 2h slow-hit build.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

bio347 posted:

Didn't Zeal have a bug at some point where, like, if the first attack missed all the rest in the cast would too? Ah, the good ol' days.

And I'm fine with the Zealadin archtype existing, it's just weird that hammers attack fast, sweep attacks fast (and bash would too if it wasn't broken), invoker attacks fast, shield throw attacks fast... Condemn is like the only major build that isn't built around fast attacks, and that's weird.

...I guess thinking about it there's not really a lot of slow-attack builds out there, period, just by the nature of the game, but still. Put it on my D4 wishlist: the bigass 2h slow-hit build.

There was, but I think it was patched. There's still a bug with the amazon's Fend skill that if Dodge, Evade, or Avoid trigger, then your attack speed for Fend drops to something really slow while the attack is still going.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm going Hardcore Barb this season

SPIN2WIN bb, SPIN2WIN

I did this last season as my second character and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I was mostly SLAM JAMMIN

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'll be playing crusader this season. Larrymer#1390 for poop socks tomorrow.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
#DH4life

I even get to spin2win again as a DH this season!

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I'm going WD because it's been too long since I've been able to zoom around as a chicken, teleport skills got nothing on that.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I think this season is gonna be 'Murica ho for me. I loved being able to toss around a bazillion shields and I'm gonna do it again.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Clockwerk posted:

I did this last season as my second character and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I was mostly SLAM JAMMIN
Barb has a few good looking builds this season. I am thinking I'll probably have HoTA and charge barb setups. I'll probably try and cube upgrade a gavel to get HoTA going fast (just equipping the IK hammer) while building towards charge.

Looking forward to returning to barb. Been a long time.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Suspicious posted:

#DH4life

Dammit don't tempt me.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
With the power upgrades to sets, I really don't see why anyone couldn't have ~4 gr80+ characters going this season with fairly minimal investment after getting your first one up and running after the journey.

So I guess what I am saying is, spin2win on DH too.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I will forever be on the crusade with my anime sidekick wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Suspicious posted:

#DH4life

That means I can gear leech with my Monk! :hellyeah: