Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Smythe posted:

Why do you need a spare phone? my Nexus 6P lasts all day, from the time I wake up, until the time I go to bed. It doesn't lag or bug and works perfectly. It's in perfect condition despite never using a case and living an active lifestyle. I have no need for a spare.

are you sure? the essential phone is just $450, the perfect price for something you don't intend to use!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Themage posted:

still going lol that they use the os version to advertise lovely candy

It's a cookie now tyvm

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

LastInLine posted:

in seven days when the next security patch comes im p. sure they said that when it was announced

lmao i was wrong

"Android police" posted:

KRACK

We've gotten confirmation from the head of Android security Adrian Ludwig (see the comments on this post) that Google hasn't rolled out the KRACK patches on any Pixel devices yet. It's the 11-6 patch level that has KRACK fixes, and nothing is running that yet. Google is going to make changes to the bulletin so this is more clear.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
root root thats the sound of the android police lol

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

boot loop thats the sound of the android police lol

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

it's not wrong i guess, but it comes off kinda petulant.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Father Jack posted:

I can literally bike that distance faster lmao

suck it traffichavers

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Father Jack posted:

seems more wearily resigned to me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

suck it traffichavers

i can walk three metres in under 11 minutes too

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

suck it traffichavers

i have been passed by the same cyclist twice in one journey before.

otoh i saw 2 cyclists get taken out in traffic in separate incidents last week. i'd be a lot more inclined to cycle if there were cycle paths on the route.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Father Jack posted:

i have been passed by the same cyclist twice in one journey before.

otoh i saw 2 cyclists get taken out in traffic in separate incidents last week. i'd be a lot more inclined to cycle if there were cycle paths on the route.

say hi to shaggar for me

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

more people getting out of their cars and biking has a traffic calming effect even in the absence of dedicated lanes because drivers become more accustomed to it. more utilization of bikes on a roadway helps pressure local government to install proper lanes instead of sharrows or whatever halfassed measure. get a high-vis vest and some lights and be the bike-change you wish to see in the world.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

or, alternatively, stop interacting with humanity on a scale where you regularly need to go places, and instead get drunk on the porch

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

say hi to shaggar for me

cycling in general is cool and good and should be encouraged, but i personally am not willing to cycle in dense city traffic going 30+ when i can't keep pace with it and have to be constantly passed by dickheads who would rather risk clipping a cyclist than be delayed by 5 seconds on the way to the next red light.

if you are, then i genuinely wish you good luck with it, but it's a big ol' nope for me.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Father Jack posted:

cycling in general is cool and good and should be encouraged, but i personally am not willing to cycle in dense city traffic going 30+ when i can't keep pace with it and have to be constantly passed by dickheads who would rather risk clipping a cyclist than be delayed by 5 seconds on the way to the next red light.

if you are, then i genuinely wish you good luck with it, but it's a big ol' nope for me.

i've biked over 9k miles this year, granted i bike mostly in the countryside with minimal traffic, but i've kind of just accepted that i'll probably die on a bike so might as well enjoy it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

what kind of dense city traffic moves at 30+??

is this like shaggar's idea of "dense" meaning you can see your neighbor's house from yours if you squint?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Endless Mike posted:

is this like shaggar's idea of "dense" meaning you can see your neighbor's house from yours if you squint?

Why would you want to inflict shaggar as a neighbor on someone? Who could have sinned so grossly as to merit that?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
lol if you touch computers for a living and can’t move somewhere nice where everything is within cycling distance

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

not gridlock dense, but a constant flow of city traffic which, between lights, hits or exceeds the 30mph speed limit.

again, i'm not opposed to cyclists, i just personally don't feel comfortable doing it on the roads i would have to for my work commute.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Endless Mike posted:

level of service E if i was being pedantic

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

carry on then posted:

level of service E if i was being pedantic

yospos, bithc

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
yay bikechat

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
thanks to my carrier I still have blob-emoji android. also security holes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

After a week now I have no hardware complaints for the 2XL, except the blue tint is loving bad, even head on, and it is still very inconsistent about registering touches near the left/right edges of the phone for me.
it's great except that the thing i look at is awful and the main interface doesn't work right!

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Endless Mike posted:

it's great except that the thing i look at is awful and the main interface doesn't work right!

something something don't post about your sex life

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

jre posted:

something something don't post about your sex life

:drat:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Apparently the Razer phone has a display that's too dim to use well outside and has a "dumpster fire" camera.

https://m.androidcentral.com/razer-phone-review

The soft touch finish also apparently scratches worse than a glass phone.
turns out a phone from a company that is mostly known for putting green leds on everything is bad. who would have guessed?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Endless Mike posted:

turns out a phone from a company that is mostly known for putting green leds on everything is bad. who would have guessed?
also, to unlock it you have to draw a line of fetid rear end-sweat across the screen with your finger while whispering "razor"

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

FMguru posted:

also, to unlock it you have to draw a line of fetid rear end-sweat across the screen with your finger while whispering "razor"

hmmm an android gaming phone that can’t be used outside and has a terrible ui, sounds like a perfect fit for android users and gamers!

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
now they just need to put an android mascot with a frog face pissing on an obama Apple etched on the back and it’ll be perfect

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

the review of the razer phone posted:

in its current state it's hard to recommend to anyone besides hardcore fans of the brand.

there are apparently "hardcore" razer fans

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

there are apparently "hardcore" razer fans

i know one irl.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*slaps razer logo over apple logo on seven-year-old plastic macbook while saving up for a razer blade*

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

*spends 2 minutes searching for RAZERZONE icon amongst icons for every purchased game on desktop to change keyboard color*

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

*spends 2 minutes searching for RAZERZONE icon amongst icons for every purchased game on desktop to change keyboard color*

this is less inaccurate that you'd like it to be

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

thanks to my carrier I still have blob-emoji android. also security holes

id be willing to trade security patches for blob emoji

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

id be willing to trade security patches for blob emoji

you can be like that guy who turned out to be a pedophile who posted in like five threads asking if there was a way to give his phone htc emojis

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

to no one's surprise, oneplus continues to be bad and "accidentally" put a backdoor in the oneplus 5 that allows any app taht knows the password "angela" to do anything

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

to no one's surprise, oneplus continues to be bad and "accidentally" put a backdoor in the oneplus 5 that allows any app taht knows the password "angela" to do anything

lmao, someone’s been watching mr robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I saw my android loving buddy yesterday. last time I saw him he proudly showed me his galaxy 7 edge and how great it was. this time he described it as a slow piece of poo poo whose battery lasts half a day.