Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

I got it second try. No post-it note over the screen or anything. Just use your eyes!

Maybe my eyes are bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maybe my eyes are bad!

Try placing them on the opposite sides, that's what tanks most people's scores.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can actually poke into the rock at the end, not just the white board. Gave me some more leeway when I found that out.

I found this out after finishing the level, but you can skip that entire section by
Shaking the controller vigorously during the flying section at the tornados to get a height boost - it allows you to fly all the way to the painting

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I was going to sleep last night, and I heard a "GODDAMMIT" coming from the other room, so I went to check it out, and it was because my brother died at this part of the level in the exact same way. He eventually finished the whole thing a few minutes later, though.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the pecky bird reminds me of this fine fellow and for that reason hes my fave capture too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

What about that loving sheep herding post game Wooded Kingdom one? gently caress that

almost went and bought one to make up but I did it in the end and then punted that stupid sheep back into the void

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Screw those sheep and their billiard ball physics

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McDragon posted:

What about that loving sheep herding post game Wooded Kingdom one? gently caress that

almost went and bought one to make up but I did it in the end and then punted that stupid sheep back into the void

The bonus sheep is actually easier to punt to the target than the regular one because there's a ledge at the end to keep the little poo poo from running off the ledge.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Finally got the moon for the Class S bounce race, time to take a sip from my "There is only one track" mug.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally got the moon for the Class S bounce race, time to take a sip from my "There is only one track" mug.

Oh buddy are you wrong :munch:.

The second track looks hard at first, but you just need to remember that you bounce real fast off of hard surfaces. Pinball off the walls in the hall halfway through and you will massively overtake everyone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I already got the Class A for it, but I'm not relishing the Class S.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I already got the Class A for it, but I'm not relishing the Class S.

It's not as hard as you think once you know to bounce off the walls instead of the angled floor. Once you get that trick down, it's very doable.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Boy, they really don't give you time to enjoy the song that plays near the end, huh? I could barely hear that something cool was going on with the music, but I was too focused on (and dazzled by) everything that was flying around on the screen to soak it in. (Thank you, YouTube!)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That song also gets added to your jukebox ingame so you can listen to it while playing.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KVEjhT4wQ

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
stay tuned for the upcoming super mario odyssey maker

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is the jukebox a postgame thing? I don’t think I’ve seen it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is the jukebox a postgame thing? I don’t think I’ve seen it.

Press - then scroll through your different lists with L and R. The music list is the last one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That’s what I get for never touching the - button

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The bonus sheep is actually easier to punt to the target than the regular one because there's a ledge at the end to keep the little poo poo from running off the ledge.

I know, right? With some of these areas I can never tell which the bonus Moon actually is because the hidden one is easier.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That’s what I get for never touching the - button

The map/brochure screen is one of my favorite touches in the game, you've been missing out

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also teleporting to checkpoints

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, you can set an option for the map to also be set to the Up button, which I feel is a lot more convenient.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hhahaha! yes! i did it! i got the jump rope 100 moon!

my secret? changing the music to the rc race super mario kart track. :smuggo:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
One of my favorite things about this game is that on just about every surface you can conceivably reach, even the seemingly extraneous forgotten-about places that only seem to exist to hold the world together, there's almost always a moon or purple coins or regular coins or some kind of something there, just as a reward for exploring.

It's like every time I get to some cool secret-feeling place, I feel like I'm being congratulated by the devs for finding whatever secret cool thing off the beaten path it was.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
anyone notice on the world travel screen there seems to be enough room after darker for at least 1 or 2 more levels to fit in with the symmetry of the level list? dlc confirmed?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i've heard there's a 6-heart in the opening area of dark side but haven't been able to find it myself; i feel like i've checked everything i can spin cappy off

could someone narrow down where it is?

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Kaubocks posted:

i feel like i've checked everything i can spin cappy off

You missed one, it's near where it puts you back if you die to a boss

It's also hosed up how you can come back after each individual boss and refill, kinda defeats the purpose of a gauntlet, doesn't it?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

i've heard there's a 6-heart in the opening area of dark side but haven't been able to find it myself; i feel like i've checked everything i can spin cappy off

could someone narrow down where it is?

Right when you get to the powerline leading to the broodals battle, there's a big pile of fruit on the right. Turn and face it. It's not the closest stem to you, but one or two stems to the right of that one, relatively close to ground level.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

aborn posted:

It's also hosed up how you can come back after each individual boss and refill, kinda defeats the purpose of a gauntlet, doesn't it?
I mean, you CAN do that, but it's extremely time consuming. I really like how this game balances challenge while also allowing people who aren't very good to see all the content if they wanna put in the time.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

aborn posted:

Or just do the gauntlet without it because they're not hard?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Topper is extremely powerful.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Re: that 6-heart - I couldn't find it either until I realized you had to hold Y to spin your cap on the stem for a few seconds

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

he's by far the hardest part of the gauntlet. if you can crush him, you'll find the rest of it a breeze

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

And he's first. And if you want to take your time, you can just hit each hat into the wall as your knock them off his head in the 2nd and 3rd phases so that you don't have to deal with pinball while dodging his spin. Likewise you can pretty much stay in one corner and just jump to max height over and over again during the forced pinball phase and his hat will reveal himself automatically after a time.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yeah the rest of the boss rush is super easy once you beat the first guy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

he's by far the hardest part of the gauntlet. if you can crush him, you'll find the rest of it a breeze

I died a couple of times to the others as well because i'm a fool and made obvious mistakes.

I mean I beat it without even realising a 6 heart existed there but I can see why people'd like to have it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Frankston posted:

Yeah the rest of the boss rush is super easy once you beat the first guy

I'd say that the Broodalbot rematch is significantly easier than the first time you do it.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Also I'm not 100% sure about this, but I thought I noticed that if you hit Topper's hats while they're ping-ponging around, he'll have less hats on his head for his next phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd say that the Broodalbot rematch is significantly easier than the first time you do it.
It's harder if you use the speedrun strats the first time

and by "the speedrun strats" I mean literally air jumping repeatedly as Mario to stay up top while they run around and then ground pounding the side Broodals for the one-shot

Seriously, go look at a speedrun, that fight specifically is clearly not being done even remotely as intended and it's gorgeous

• Locked thread