Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Fister Roboto posted:

Correct, but it can trigger dualcast summon magic. Which is pretty good because the best RM for that is 20%.

On the other hand, you need to be careful with dualcast summon, as it can cause her command 1 to toggle on and then toggle back off again. Which might require you to just start using her medica command without summon mode if you need to get down to healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Spent a day worth of stamina farming the FF3 60 stamina red dragon fight and got enough onion motes to fully dive Onion Knight. If you haven’t done OK I highly recommend it. Totally painless.

The Onion Mote rate isn’t 100% but it’s very high. I had a couple runs where I got a 4* Power Orb and one run with a Power Crystal, but most of the time it was a mote.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Using a drop tracker is probably smart but I just can't be bothered to deal with it, I feel like min-maxing a phone game probably crosses some arbitrary threshold of getting too invested in it for me.

I just need so many dark orbs.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Using a drop tracker is probably smart but I just can't be bothered to deal with it, I feel like min-maxing a phone game probably crosses some arbitrary threshold of getting too invested in it for me.

I just need so many dark orbs.

So around the time the FF7 event is released we SHOULD be getting a separate time attack challenge, where you have to blow through like 100 enemies in a single continuous battle over about 25 waves, with a pattern of several waves of 5 trash enemies and then a single boss. It's jump start style, with 3 SB bars for each character being all you get. You get different prizes at different time thresholds, but I think the best prize (for sub-1 minute or something; it's actually not too terrible) being a major dark orb. Running it only costs 7 stamina, so it's actually really stamina efficient. However, it can actually take a decent amount of real-world time watching all the SB animations and stuff. But if you can beat the time, it's a guaranteed MDO, so no RNG nonsense.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Correct, but it can trigger dualcast summon magic. Which is pretty good because the best RM for that is 20%.

Until Alphinaud's LD anyways (35%)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Is Agrias worth diving if I have her BSB and en-holy SSB?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

On the other hand, you need to be careful with dualcast summon, as it can cause her command 1 to toggle on and then toggle back off again. Which might require you to just start using her medica command without summon mode if you need to get down to healing.
I don't bother with Command 1 anymore. The piddling damage isn't worth the windup

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Until Alphinaud's LD anyways (35%)

You can't give LMs to other characters.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Sweet merciful god, we finally get dex motes again.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Sweet merciful god, we finally get dex motes again.

Maybe you do. I only get Spirit.

(There is no way I'm going to be able to clear the torment 300.)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Prism posted:

Maybe you do. I only get Spirit.

(There is no way I'm going to be able to clear the torment 300.)

The boss has no elemental resistances other than Earth and no nasty status effects, so you can literally use almost any team configuration (though a back row is recommended because of his weak phase move).

I might run it with a full IX team actually, since it's far and away my best realm.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ApplesandOranges posted:

The boss has no elemental resistances other than Earth and no nasty status effects, so you can literally use almost any team configuration (though a back row is recommended because of his weak phase move).

I might run it with a full IX team actually, since it's far and away my best realm.

I don't think I can get to it. The only 250 torment I have cleared so far is Belias, and I couldn't quite do his 300 either. I mean, I'll try, but I'm really not holding out hope here.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Is Agrias worth diving if I have her BSB and en-holy SSB?

I'd say "yes, but slightly less worth it than Beatrix with her BSB". A 35% chance of Minor Imperil will lose out (damage-wise) over a 35% chance of doublecast in almost all circumstances, so I'd prioritize her (or Marche, if you get good gear for him) over Agrias if you have gear for both.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is it just jumpstart battles and some raids that have 4-star motes?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
All D160/200 MP battles can give 4* motes.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

I'd say "yes, but slightly less worth it than Beatrix with her BSB". A 35% chance of Minor Imperil will lose out (damage-wise) over a 35% chance of doublecast in almost all circumstances, so I'd prioritize her (or Marche, if you get good gear for him) over Agrias if you have gear for both.

Hrmm, I do have Beatrix's BSB and I like her more as a character too, so maybe I'll go that route. I saw someone mention that Agrias is better if you can get her doublecast LMR, but obviously that's super luck-dependent.

Or maybe I should wait until after these next two tactics banners to see if I get anything crazy for Marche or Agrias. It would be nice to have some extra firepower now for clearing Shadow Dragon, but I don't want to feel like a dumbass by diving Beatrix and then cracking Agrias' USB or whatever.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Also, as of this most recent DU, the newer high-rear end difficulty Elite fights have a pinch of 4* motes in them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ApplesandOranges posted:

All D160/200 MP battles can give 4* motes.

As in: raids, or does MP mean something other than multiplayer?

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!

Hrmm, I do have Beatrix's BSB and I like her more as a character too, so maybe I'll go that route. I saw someone mention that Agrias is better if you can get her doublecast LMR, but obviously that's super luck-dependent.

Or maybe I should wait until after these next two tactics banners to see if I get anything crazy for Marche or Agrias. It would be nice to have some extra firepower now for clearing Shadow Dragon, but I don't want to feel like a dumbass by diving Beatrix and then cracking Agrias' USB or whatever.

Also worth considering is that Agrias's USB and LMR are also on banner 2 of the Orlandeau/Alma event which is not far off, whereas I don't think anything is coming up for Beatrix (although I could be wrong).

She was one of my first 2 legend dives (the other being Celes, which I regret a bit) and I would absolutely dive Agrias all over again.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Prism posted:

I don't think I can get to it. The only 250 torment I have cleared so far is Belias, and I couldn't quite do his 300 either. I mean, I'll try, but I'm really not holding out hope here.

It's certainly not the intended method, but you could use the "hit and run" strategy. It involves entering the battle, hitting the enemies with a normal attack (not abilities) popping off one heal and retreating. By retreating you keep the SB guage you earned but you don't lose stamina based on the rules of torment dungeons. If you equip you healer with the RM that refreshes a white mage ability use when you enter battle, then you can do this indefinitely until you have 3 bars on every character.

Since you're starting with bars one every character, you can change you RMs to things that boost damage or give double casts. This all combined significantly increases your power and makes the torments much more manageable.

Takes a good bit of time though...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Why do they still lock some realm dungeons behind others? It's the dumbest thing.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Stirdog posted:

It's certainly not the intended method, but you could use the "hit and run" strategy. It involves entering the battle, hitting the enemies with a normal attack (not abilities) popping off one heal and retreating. By retreating you keep the SB guage you earned but you don't lose stamina based on the rules of torment dungeons. If you equip you healer with the RM that refreshes a white mage ability use when you enter battle, then you can do this indefinitely until you have 3 bars on every character.

Since you're starting with bars one every character, you can change you RMs to things that boost damage or give double casts. This all combined significantly increases your power and makes the torments much more manageable.

Takes a good bit of time though...

I don't think I have the patience for that. I did get the 200 down first try so maybe it won't be as bad as I thought (though I gather it loses its wind weakness in later ones). I'll try tomorrow, when I have stamina.

Edit: Is the % damage move he's got reasonable to block in the front row? I'm not really clear how well status effect equipment works.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Stopgap posted:

Also worth considering is that Agrias's USB and LMR are also on banner 2 of the Orlandeau/Alma event which is not far off, whereas I don't think anything is coming up for Beatrix (although I could be wrong).

It's not "soon", but about right after 3rd Anniversary is the Freya/Beatrix event that gives her a baller-as-gently caress chaser USB. Agrias (or Marche) is more likely to provide returns now

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Prism posted:

I don't think I have the patience for that. I did get the 200 down first try so maybe it won't be as bad as I thought (though I gather it loses its wind weakness in later ones). I'll try tomorrow, when I have stamina.

Edit: Is the % damage move he's got reasonable to block in the front row? I'm not really clear how well status effect equipment works.

%hp damage moves do the same no matter where you are standing. Resist effect equipment reduces the chance of it hitting (by a lot), but won't actually reduce the damage of the status if they do land.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mithross posted:

%hp damage moves do the same no matter where you are standing. Resist effect equipment reduces the chance of it hitting (by a lot), but won't actually reduce the damage of the status if they do land.

I think what they were asking is "does Instant Death protection block Ultimate Twister", and to that I can answer: Yes, it actually seems to.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

KataraniSword posted:

I think what they were asking is "does Instant Death protection block Ultimate Twister", and to that I can answer: Yes, it actually seems to.

Oh yea, that makes more sense. But it's a 303% chance to hit, so moderate resistance lowers it to what, 30.3%? Still pretty risky.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mithross posted:

Oh yea, that makes more sense. But it's a 303% chance to hit, so moderate resistance lowers it to what, 30.3%? Still pretty risky.

30% chance of being reduced to single digit HP is a lot better than 100%.

Also, we all had the rebirth dungeons open so I hope everyone at least has the Memento Ring if they're trying to tackle this JS right now.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Also, we all had the rebirth dungeons open so I hope everyone at least has the Memento Ring if they're trying to tackle this JS right now.

I guess I should have been more clear: If you are running a mostly front line team someone is probably going to get hit. That's better than everyone but still likely to get someone killed.

If you've just got the one frontliner you have a decent shot making it through, and you can prep a heal on them, especially if you are running one of the many healer bsbs with an instant curaja.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Holy hell this week's JS and Apoc fight were easy as poo poo.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KataraniSword posted:

I do indeed, and I only wanted to put one person in the front row; I just wanted to know if it was possible to fairly reliably keep them un-shredded by Ultimate Twister (though I completely blanked on the name and just thought of it as 'that anti-front row thing'). Looks like the answer is yes.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Did the Torment 200 CM this morning no problem!

Forgot to use the Tornado Strike I brought along so I only got expert. :downs:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
XIII Raines/Nabaat event details!

Along with the new 5* Darkness ability (Darkness Brand: 3 single-target Dark physical or magic attacks, ?% chance to inflict minor Imperil Dark), Jihl and Fang get their legend spheres!

Legend Materia posted:

Nabaat LM1: Dark Damage +10%
Nabaat LM2: When using Dark abilities, 30% chance to inflict minor Imperil Dark
Nabaat LMR: 25% chance to Dualcast Dark abilities

Fang LM1: Wind Damage +10%
Fang LM2: ATK +2% with each Dragoon ability hit, up to 50%
Fang LMR: Dragoon Damage +25% with Spear equipped

Banner 1 posted:

Raines' God Hand [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, 30s Doom, Instant Cast 1, MAG & RES +30% and Fallen Angel Strike to user
Fallen Angel Strike: After using Dark or Holy abilities, chases with 4 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks

Nabaat's Queen Whip [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, Imperil Dark, Quick Cast 1, MAG & DEF +30% and Extreme Cruelty to user
Extreme Cruelty: Quick Cast 1 after using Dark attacks

Vanille's Belladonna Wand [USSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal & Guts to party, Instant Cast, AOE minor Holy Break

Hope's Simurgh [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Holy/NE summon magic attacks, En-Holy, MAG & DEF +30% and Auto Destruction Barrage to user
Auto Destruction Strike: 5 single-target Holy/NE summon magic attacks every 3.5s interval for 15s

Noel's Exploda [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, +1 hit with each use, maximum 6 hits
Defend -> 4 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, Quick Cast 2

Raines' Metamorphosis Claws [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, higher multiplier if user is Doomed, MAG & DEF +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, Instant Magic 1
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/Holy magic attacks, MAG +30% & RES -30%

Vanille's Mistilteinn [BSSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal to party, Instant Cast, MND +30% to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Holy white magic attacks, RES -30%
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Nabaat's Folding Epee [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 9 random Dark/NE magic attacks, Imperil Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/NE magic attacks, 20% chance to inflict minor Imperil Dark

Hope's Gloves [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Holy/NE magic attacks, higher multiplier with fewer enemies, 100% Stun, MAG & RES +30% to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> AOE Dispel & 29% Slow, activates Summoning Mode; 4 AOE Holy/NE summon magic attacks, deactivates Summoning Mode
Defend -> 4 single-target Holy/NE magic attacks; +15% Stun under Summoning Mode

Snow's Feymark [BSSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice physical attacks, 5 hits if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Ice/NE physical attacks, DEF +50%

Vanille's Model [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic abilities, 40% chance to grant user Heal Boost
Nabaat's Gloves [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dark abilities
Noel's Model [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Ice abilities
Hope's Model [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Fang's Shamanic Spear [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE jump attacks, En-Wind, ATK & DEF +30% and Instant Jump to user

Snow's Sacrificial Circle [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice physical attacks, 75% Ice Radiant Shield to party, Revenge Counter to user
Revenge Counter: Upon receiving PHY or BLK damage from enemy only, counters with 2 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks

Raines' Oversoul [OSSB, +10 MAG] - Single-target Dark/Holy Overflow magic attack, multiplier increases as Doom timer decreases

Fang's Banescissor Spear [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Wind/NE Overflow jump attack

Fang's Heretic's Halberd [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 9 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Wind physical attacks, 5 hits if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Wind/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Snow's AMP Coat [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, higher multiplier if all allies are alive, Guts to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK increases as HP decreases
Defend -> 3 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK & DEF +30%

Lightning's Enkindler [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 random Lightning/NE physical attacks, Imperil Lightning, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Lightning/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Lightning/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT

Sazh's Rigels [BSSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & MAG +30% to party, Instant Cast 2 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target ranged physical attack, ATK & DEF -20%
Defend -> Single-target ranged physical attack, MAG & RES -20%

Serah's Izanami [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 10 random Ice/NE magic attacks, Imperil Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Ice/NE magic attacks, 0.825s CT

Fang's Model [LMR, +10 ATK] - Dragoon Damage +25% with Spear equipped
Lightning's Reprise [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Lightning abilities
Vanille's Rod of Thorns [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic abilities, 25% chance to chase with single-target Holy white magic, DEF & RES -20%
Serah's Beachwear [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Ice abilities
Sazh's Coat [LMR, +10 ATK] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

Raines' God Hand [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, 30s Doom, Instant Cast 1, MAG & RES +30% and Fallen Angel Strike to user
Fallen Angel Strike: After using Dark or Holy abilities, chases with 4 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks

Am I correct that with this you could do USB into instacast BSB and get 8 single target attacks for each cmd1? Because holy poo poo I need that

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
XI's getting a banner, too, though it's not a full event as such. It does have a lucky draw!
For completion's sake, the new legend spheres are Prishe and Zeid.

Legend Materia posted:

Prishe LM1: PHY Damage +10% with Fist equipped
Prishe LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Monk abilities
Prishe LMR: Critical = 50% for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Zeid LM1: Darkness Damage +15%
Zeid LM2: 40% chance of restoring HP to the user for 40% of the damage dealt with single-target Dark attacks
Zeid LMR: En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

XI Banner posted:

Ayame's Zanbato [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice, Major Retaliate & Critical Damage +50% to user

Prishe's Coeurl Cesti [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target physical attacks, Monk Ability Boost, Critical Damage +50% & Auroral Uppercut to user
Auroral Uppercut: Quick Cast 1 after using Monk abilities

Zeid's Chaos Cuirass [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, ATK & DEF +30% and Abyssal Bite to user
Abyssal Bite: After using Darkness abilities, chases with 7 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks with small% max HP recoil

Aphmau's Jadagna [USSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Haste & Instant Cast 1 to party, Instant Cast

Ayame's Soboro Sukehiro [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK & RES +30% to user, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, 0.825 CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Prishe's Sainti [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target physical attacks, Quick Monk 5 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3~6 single-target physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on amount of Monk abilities used, resets counter
Defend -> 4 single-target physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Zeid's Arondight [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 100% Stun, En-Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 5 hits if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Aphmau's Aristocrat's Crown [BSSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal and MAG & MND +30%, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h60 heal, activates Activate Mode; 4 single-target Lightning/NE white magic attacks, single-target h60 heal, deactivates Activate Mode
Defend -> h25 heal to party; +2 single-target Lightning/NE white magic attacks under Activate Mode

Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Cuffs [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Lightning/Fire/Ice magic attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Lightning/Fire magic attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 4 single-target Lightning/Ice magic attacks, 0.825s CT

Prishe's Temple Cyclas [LMR, +10 ATK] - Critical = 50% for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Zeid's Balin's Sword [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Ayame's Myochin Domaru [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Samurai abilities, 35% chance to grant Quick Cast 1 to user
Aphmau's Alkyoneus's Bracelets [LMR, +10 MND] - When using single-target healing abilities, 25% chance it comes attached with 2000 HP Stock
Shantotto's Wizard's Coat [LMR, +10 MAG] - 10% chance to Triplecast Witch abilities

Jose Valasquez posted:

Am I correct that with this you could do USB into instacast BSB and get 8 single target attacks for each cmd1? Because holy poo poo I need that
And if you're dived, you could possibly get 12 hits!

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Hogama posted:

XIII Raines/Nabaat event details!

What happens if you already have Doom and it's at 45 seconds when you cast this? Does it get replaced by 30 seconds, or ignored? And does the +MAG +RES boost stack with his CMD2 +MAG -RES, or does the -RES replace the +RES? If so on both then the best flow would probably be Memento Mori>BSB>USB>CMD1>Repeat, leaving out the CMD2.

Also I fully dived Lightning after getting her USB (with the BSB2 already) and did some dungeons with her. Jesus loving Christ. Built up 3 bars in the trash and then did 260k damage unloading the three bars before anyone else even got a single hit off. It's insane.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
As far as I know, only some special dooms from bosses have ever overwritten an active Doom timer, like Barthandelus. I don't know exactly in this case, though.
+30% MAG/RES and +30% MAG/-30% RES are two different IDs and will stack. Someone can correct me but I think the subsequent subtraction won't replace the boost, just applies itself as normal (I forget if that's to the base or the boosted number, though).

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

They all stack, but the net res gain is zero. But, that's not what you're jonesing for, it's the 90% mag boost.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
With the tips here and from the discord channel, I did indeed beat the 300 torment for Nova Dragon - my first complete 300, and with the last few Dexterity motes I needed to fully dive Bartz.

Thanks!

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

They all stack, but the net res gain is zero. But, that's not what you're jonesing for, it's the 90% mag boost.

If you throw Memento Mori in there, it's 120%. 4 MAG boosts on one character. He can self-boost himself WAAAY past the soft cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Boosts are multiplicative not additive. Having three 30% boosts is a 120% increase in MAG. Burst brings that up to 154%. There is a boost softcap of 150% (which is separate from the MAG softcap) so you really don't need to run four +30% boosts.

• Locked thread