Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of Suicide Squad, it’s rumored that the sequel will have Black Adam play a significant role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Suicide Squad, it’s rumored that the sequel will have Black Adam play a significant role.

really wanna see the squad terribly attempt to assassinate black adam

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thor's "missing eye" makeup was hilariously terrible.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

e: brb

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Thor's "missing eye" makeup was hilariously terrible.

That's because it was CGI. It was so bad I assume it was a last minute addition, since it didn't show up in the trailers in at least one key scene. Probably due to Infinity War reshoots or something.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

josh04 posted:

She has a camera set up so she can see what happens to that one team leader who gets captured by Enchantress, and she chooses to have the Squad set down some distance from where they need to be to rescue her when they could have just landed on the roof. It's more the whole scenario they're being tested in than against Enchantress directly, but it's a very cynical deployment.

Right, she's on site to monitor what Enchantress is doing. But she doesn't choose to have the Squad set down some distance away, they get shot down and crash. Don't disagree that it's cynical, but I think you're inventing the idea that Waller specifically wanted the Squad to fight Enchantress.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

That's because it was CGI. It was so bad I assume it was a last minute addition, since it didn't show up in the trailers in at least one key scene. Probably due to Infinity War reshoots or something.

I don't think it was all CG. There were a few closeup shots where it looked like they painted his eyelids black and told him to keep his eye shut.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 8, 2017

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Hey, Machete, maybe spoiler tag that, given the lengths they went to keep it out of the trailers.

But, yes, it was a surprisingly amateurish effect.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

Hey, Machete, maybe spoiler tag that, given the lengths they went to keep it out of the trailers.

But, yes, it was a surprisingly amateurish effect.

My bad, caught it the first time, not the second. :respek:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Right, she's on site to monitor what Enchantress is doing. But she doesn't choose to have the Squad set down some distance away, they get shot down and crash. Don't disagree that it's cynical, but I think you're inventing the idea that Waller specifically wanted the Squad to fight Enchantress.

Hah, you caught me before I edited it out - I realised straight after posting that I was leaning heavily on the assumption that Waller has a hand in shooting down the helicopter, which is conjecture.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MacheteZombie posted:

Day of the Dead

The objectively correct choice

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bendis moving to DC might have a movie connection after all. He was reportedly given a position at the film/multi-media table alongside Geoff Johns.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I figured that. I doubt being able to write some Batman books would have been enough to make him jump ship, given his old position at Marvel.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is there a better zombie movie than 2004s Dawn of the Dead? That movie has everything. I know a lot of people like 28 Days Later but I was pretty eh on it. I remember seeing it in theaters with my dad and not liking it. We rented the first Resident Evil movie to wash the taste out of our mouths.

Dawn of the Dead 2 is so, so bad. I fuckin hate Nick Cannon.

The original Dawn of the Dead.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I always found the old Romero movies to be kinda slow and boring. It always pays off though once they do that shot where a bunch of zombies rip apart someone's guts while they are awake to watch.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Zombi 2 is a Good Zombie Movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

really wanna see the squad terribly attempt to assassinate black adam

That scene was great in the comics, so I'm on board.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Detective No. 27 posted:

If I recall it was just Adam effortlessly kicking their asses.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

i didn't even know that was a thing in the comics, it just sounded like the natural conclusion for a middle eastern leader being a major character in a movie about an extralegal government hit-squad

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Is there a better zombie movie than 2004s Dawn of the Dead?

Night of the Living Dead and '78 Dawn of the Dead are two of the greatest pieces of American cinema ever made.

There's also Return of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead, Messiah of Evil, Re-Animator, etc...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I always found the old Romero movies to be kinda slow and boring. It always pays off though once they do that shot where a bunch of zombies rip apart someone's guts while they are awake to watch.
The commentary much like the MCU's quips are on point though; Romero's career is kind of depressing though considering he could have been so much more than just the godfather of zombie movies, I mean people barely know about the movie he considers his best, Martin.

As for better zombie movies than Snyder's Dawn of the Dead I would go with Shaun of the Dead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The best zombie movie is anything scored by Goblin.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I just saw Goblin live in Berkeley last Friday. Great show.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TV news: Amazon just ordered Seth Rogen's adaptation of The Boys to series.

Skilbs
Jul 20, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

It was makeup with CG enhancement. For the trailer they put a CG uninjured eye back in to cover up the makeup.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Is there a better zombie movie than 2004s Dawn of the Dead? That movie has everything. I know a lot of people like 28 Days Later but I was pretty eh on it. I remember seeing it in theaters with my dad and not liking it. We rented the first Resident Evil movie to wash the taste out of our mouths.

Dawn of the Dead 2 is so, so bad. I fuckin hate Nick Cannon.

Night of the Living Dead 1990.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

The MSJ posted:

TV news: Amazon just ordered Seth Rogen's adaptation of The Boys to series.

I am cautiously optimistic. The premise of a group of thugs vs debauched superheros is a lot more simple than the mythology of the preacher comics at any rate.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This... this is a real magazine cover.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/928406567019536384

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If the Rock is in the DCU, then I, Tyrese, am out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

This... this is a real magazine cover.

I would like to own it

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposed details from Rick Famuyiwa's script for THE FLASH that was scrapped by WB for being too dark and gritty for their post-BvS course correction.

quote:

Barry Allen is determined to travel back in time to save his mother Nora and rescue his father Henry from prison, with help from Cyborg. Eobard Thawne is secretly monitoring Barry from afar.

Barry's mentor, Detective Fred Chyre, is framed for the murder of an informant investigating corrupt cops connected to mobster Jack Monteleone. Barry attempts to prove his innocence with help from aspiring reporter Iris West and Chyre's partner Jared Morillo. Montelone hires Leonard Snart to eliminate Barry and Snart steals the cold gun from S.T.A.R. Labs when the Flash becomes involved.

Iris is killed by Snart after learning that Morillo is the ringleader of the corrupt cops. Barry manages to travel one day into the past again to save her, arrest Snart and expose Morillo, proving Chyre's innocence. In doing so he realizes that someone altered time in the night that Nora was murdered and that his nightmares of a "red-eyed demon" are actually fractured memories of the Reverse Flash, setting up a sequel.

Featured characters include Snart's sister and partner-in-crime Lisa Snart, Jack Monteleone's brother Joey Monteleone and their enforcer Mick Rory, Captain David Singh and District Attorney Hunter Zolomon.

As usual, no real sources to speak of.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
How many times are we going to have to see Barry's mom get murdered since the Flash TV show first aired?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well it's kind of important to the origin. He's not like Batman where everybody already knows it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

How many times are we going to have to see Barry's mom get murdered since the Flash TV show first aired?

Honest question, isn't Barry's mom death a recent development in his origin? I only remember the police scientist struck by lightning while doused in chemicals origin.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Honest question, isn't Barry's mom death a recent development in his origin? I only remember the police scientist struck by lightning while doused in chemicals origin.

yeah it only really became a thing with geoff johns flash: rebirth storyline

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's super recent and it's a goddamn bummer because the Flash was like the last super hero without a tragic backstory:

- Superman: his world explodes and in a lot of recent media Pa Kent dies
- Batman: his parents die and he is a total stunted man child
- Spider-Man: Uncle Ben dies partially because of his selfishness
- Green Lantern: His dad's jet crashes in front of him
- X-Men: they're all considered freaks and hunted
- Wonder Woman: not as bad but most versions have her being exiled from her home when she chooses to leave it IIRC
- Flash: his parents are both alive and he just wanted to do science and help people so he became a forensic scientist

Like I loved Johns's run on Wally Flash and Green Lantern so I still have a soft spot for the guy but man gently caress him for trying to push this horrible retcon as far as he can

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well it's kind of important to the origin. He's not like Batman where everybody already knows it

It's not though, it's a recent thing. It's like saying the Martian Manhunter being the last Martian is important to his character.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

It's super recent and it's a goddamn bummer because the Flash was like the last super hero without a tragic backstory:

- Superman: his world explodes and in a lot of recent media Pa Kent dies
- Batman: his parents die and he is a total stunted man child
- Spider-Man: Uncle Ben dies partially because of his selfishness
- X-Men: they're all considered freaks and hunted
- Wonder Woman: not as bad but most versions have her being exiled from her home when she chooses to leave it IIRC
- Flash: his parents are both alive and he just wanted to do science and help people so he became a forensic scientist

Like I loved Johns's run on Wally Flash and Green Lantern so I still have a soft spot for the guy but man gently caress him for trying to push this horrible retcon as far as he can

in a vacuum i'm fine w/it since it sorta makes the oft-revisited time travel aspect of the flash stories a bit more integrated with his specific origin but you're right that as part of a wider pattern it's kind of a bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

And isn't this a new development too?

• Locked thread