Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blade Runner posted:

Just because you got swirlied by the chess team for somehow being a bigger nerd than them, then swore to never bring your heart rate up for anything but being outraged at people not being progressive enough, does not make sports bad

Sports are in fact cool and good

Shut up nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I am a total loving nerd who is literally autistic and I lift weights

lift a weight, do a sport

nerds

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I am a total loving nerd who is literally autistic and I lift weights

lift a weight, do a sport

nerds

Sports are cool.

Organized sports more likely than not tend to be really lovely if the are even vaguely competitive.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

CrazyLoon posted:

There's always this, and it works just as well with women as it does with men. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosX7L25HV8

Don't take this too seriously, please - you can legit kill someone if you do
I didn't mean there's nothing you can do to defend yourself (I took self-defense for awhile and ended up fighting off a guy), I just mean BJJ is not gonna do it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

CharlestheHammer posted:

Sports are cool.

Organized sports more likely than not tend to be really lovely if the are even vaguely competitive.

No they are not, you dumb gently caress. The sponsorships crap, and being pushed to monetize it, those things can really wear at someone who goes into pro sports. But everything else depends on the specific competitive sport and the community. I'm sorry you had a bad personal experience with that, but hearing you whine about 'personal anecdotes' around sports not meaning poo poo and then letting your own somehow be the only ones that are relevant to this topic is eyeroll inducing.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Anne Whateley posted:

I didn't mean there's nothing you can do to defend yourself (I took self-defense for awhile and ended up fighting off a guy), I just mean BJJ is not gonna do it.

Yea, for women it's probably a really bad choice for street fights considering its approach.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

No they are not, you dumb gently caress. The sponsorships crap, and being pushed to monetize it, those things can really wear at someone who goes into pro sports. But everything else depends on the specific competitive sport and the community. I'm sorry you had a bad personal experience with that, but hearing you whine about 'personal anecdotes' around sports not meaning poo poo and then letting your own somehow be the only ones that are relevant to this topic is eyeroll inducing.

Lol you can't read, I specifically mentioned these aren't my personal experiences you dumbass

I follow many sports and know of the many, many problems that plaque all of them.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Right, cause being literally this is then so much better for backing your argument lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8flLpb3zXA&t=81s

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever

timefly posted:

That dude needs serious help. Like, he needs to go inpatient for starters

was about to say. you can have people hospitalized for being gravely impaired and basically a danger to themselves. while his hygiene is terrible, the descriptions of the house sound like it'd be a health risk. it's a stretch, but dude needs some serious help.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I (28F) don't feel any "empathy" towards children

quote:

I am not sure if the title is right.

I am a married woman. My husband and I have been together for 5 years and we want to start trying for a baby.

My "problem" might be of psychological nature.. but maybe it's not. Maybe it's normal. I am not sure and I can't find information on the internet, so I am writing here. Yes, I do want to have kids but I don't feel like kids are "something special".

I do think kids can be cute, but I only see them as little adults. I see them as some small creatures who will grow to be adults one day. I don't see why "children come first" is a thing and why people say "children are honest" when they are just temporary children and might as well grow up to be psychopaths and serial killers.

I don't feel sad when a kid cries because it is hungry/bored/wants a toy. I just feel annoyance. Of course, I would NOT make the kid stay hungry, as it would be evil and inhumane, but I don't understand people who feel sorry for children.

I don't feel any special kind of sorry when I hear that a child had died, I mean, I feel the same when a child and an adult die a terrible death - I do feel sorry - but only because they suffered, and not because it is a child.. if you know what I mean? And when someone says something like "Oh god, there were kids on the plane that crashed, that's terrible!", well, there were adults too.. I don't get it.

Of course, I can understand that parents love their children more than anything else in the world, but I don't understand love for "all children" just because they are children.. and ironically, yes, I would adopt if I had a chance and yes, I would give the adopted child all the parental care and attention they would need. But I don't know why children have to be "first", "most important", etc..

I hope I was clear with what I said. I see kids as little, undeveloped, mentally unstable adults. I actually feel more empathy for mentally unstable adults than I do for regular kids. But that's how I see them. Is it normal to think and feel that way? Is it a problem, since I do want to have children of my own? Is it going to make me a bad parent (if you are knowledgeable about this)?

Tl;dr - I see children as "little adults" and I definitely don't see them as some princes and princesses everyone makes them out to be.
"Quotation marks."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Haifisch posted:

"Quotation marks."

Can you get me her number?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Haifisch posted:

"Quotation marks."

Children are awful, she should have them unless she can afford help and/or a boarding school.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Nobody cares how many times you did or did not get your b-hole fingered a cheer camp you nerdlingers

[IL] Brother dropped a pan of gravy at work. Splattered on supervisor. Now could be facing battery charges (With "hot" gravy)

quote:

Hello, this could be a long one. Thanks in advance for reading. This story is ridiculous but it's my brother's life right now. I wish I was making this all up but I just need an outside opinion on this.

My brother is diagnosed with Aspergers, has his routine, and performs well of what he is asked within his job description duties. But he HAS to stick to his routine or he gets flustered.

Now, the night everything happened, the supervisor approached my brother telling him to empty out all hot boxes for holding food, shortly before his scheduled out time. My brother responded with "It isn't my job to empty those out, and I'm trying to get my stuff done before we close, have someone who's job it is to empty them do it and I'll make sure they get cleaned"

The supervisor immediately pushes back, follows my brother back to his area and begins belittling him, yelling at him, and at multiple times tells him to "Look at him when he's talking to him"

My brother does not like to make eye contact, as do many diagnosed with many types of Autism.

The supervisor is tearing him out in front of the employees that haven't gone home, my brother is continuing his work. He deals with very hot water, so they have thick, oversized rubber gloves to work with it safely. He picks up a pan of gravy, it slips, hits the cart he is pulling it off from, and some of the gravy splatters on the supervisor and my brother. My brother apologizes. It was an accident. The supervisor pulls the other dishwasher off the floor, pulls him into the office to talk to him alone, re-emerges and calls the campus police. They have my brother arrested and charged with battery with hot gravy. Also, the supervisor is old. So the charge is actually battery against a senior citizen (with hot gravy) P.s. The food warmer had been off for well over an hour. The food was nowhere near serving temperature at this point.

If you're still reading this, thank you.

So, basically my brother is dealing with this now. He had his second court appearance yesterday and they are saying he can plead guilty and go on probation, no jail time, but if something like that is on his record I don't know if he will be able to keep his job at the university, let alone find another decent job anywhere else. Or he can fight it but his attorney is saying he doesn't know if a judge will do any different, so he'll be charged guilty either way and could lose his job. Over an accident.

The supervisor has a witness, the other dishwasher, who has already changed his story from "I saw him throw the gravy" to "Idk if he threw it, I came in and saw the gravy on the floor" so I don't understand how he can be considered a credible source. But the state's attorney doesn't seem to care. I feel so bad about this situation. My brother is a good worker and doesn't bother anyone but this supervisor has an ego and he will not let this drop. They are still allowing the two to work in the same building and the supervisor spends the majority of his shift following my brother around, blocking doorways to places my brother needs to be, staring at him always.

This beyond a hostile work environment and my brother has only wanted to keep his job and have this case thrown out the whole time. But the more time progresses the more it seems like a case so ridiculous that it sounds like a joke looks more like a case he could lose. Over an accident.

Does this seem right?? A month before this all initially happened we lost our mother very suddenly and she was always the one who knew what to do with this stuff. I have no clue. I feel helpless to help my brother and I can only imagine what is going through his head. If anyone can provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Again, thank you so much.

mcbagpipes
Apr 17, 2010
I actually consider myself an extreme nerd. I was a member of the chess club. I also played a lot of video games and D&D as a kid.

I was on the cross country running team and swim team thru high school.

I played soccer and raced sail boats competitively during the summer. In the winter I was on the ski team. At least once a summer since I was a young teen I organized, with friends, an aggressive back country camping trip of some form.

There were some good coaches and there were some bad coaches. Perhaps I was lucky and mostly had good experiences.

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

La Brea Carpet posted:

Nobody cares how many times you did or did not get your b-hole fingered a cheer camp you nerdlingers

[IL] Brother dropped a pan of gravy at work. Splattered on supervisor. Now could be facing battery charges (With "hot" gravy)

No mention of where it splattered, 10/10 would splatter that butthole again with gravy again.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

La Brea Carpet posted:

God this brother sounds like an absolute poo poo for brains. I hope the spreg gets the chair

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

ReadingZucchini posted:

lol i knew a foreign person who lived in japan for years and, in their experience, they will blatantly make fun of you in japanese, even after you tell them that you can understand them in japanese. she wasn't even there for the swords and anime (or so she says lol)

the odds are good that he is getting dunked on nonstop, all the time.

This is from a couple of pages ago, but I’ve literally never seen this or know anyone in real life who experienced this after a decade of living in Japan. A few annoying experiences with people but nothing like what is described.

Of course considering the type of people who usually claim they got made fun of it might be true, seeing as they’re always broken human beings and/or English teachers

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

welcome to hell posted:

My (24M) friend (26M), feel like he is very depressed and has stopped caring for life since leaving the army, my fiancee (30F) gave me an ultimatum to stop seeing him over his bad hygiene

To be honest, your gf is being kind of unfair because you really can help people like this, sometimes, and it is cruel that people don't have support networks any more, but you have to be really real with this guy and manage your expectations carefully.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Pick posted:

To be honest, your gf is being kind of unfair because you really can help people like this, sometimes, and it is cruel that people don't have support networks any more, but you have to be really real with this guy and manage your expectations carefully.

He needs help, badly, and about 80% of that professional. OP should have staged an intervention ages ago, but he can still get things rolling aaaaaanytime now.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

quote:

(TX) I found out my neighbor is the one that dumped gallons of chili on my lawn over the summer and ruined it. Do I have recourse, criminal or civil?

My neighbor and I have a history of conflict mostly due to petty things like him being a psycho and not liking the color of my plants, the way I maintain my lawn, and so on. Things came to head over the summer when me and my family went on vacation for a couple weeks and came back to find gallons of rotten chili festering on my lawn. Animals had come and completely ruined my yard. Maggots were growing. Flies were everywhere. The smell was completely vomit inducing. I had to pay professionals to come out and deal with the damage and we stayed in a hotel until the cleanup was done. My lawn will still take a ton of work and money to get back to the way it was. Also, he threw it all over one of our cars so the paint was also ruined which was very expensive to fix.
Well, I found out yesterday that my neighbor was the one that hosed up my lawn and our spare car (a cadillac escalade). I found out because he told one of our other neighbors what he did and that neighbor came to me. Apparently he still has the chili containers in his garage.
I'm pissed. I want this son of a bitch to go down for what he loving did. Do I have case for a law suit? Do I have a criminal case here? Criminal is preferrable-- I'd love to send that fucker some soap on a rope while he's in jail for Christmas.

There are so many other things to throw in someones yard to gently caress it up. Why in gods name do you pick chili? How loving Texan.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Must have been awful chili to waste it like that. Dude needs to talk to a lawyer about how to proceed.

Content !

I [31F] cannot stand my boyfriend’s [30M] mom [60F] and I think she might be literally insaneNon-Romantic

quote:

My boyfriend's mom is easily one of the worst people I’ve ever encountered in my entire life, and it is a miracle that her son, my boyfriend, has turned out to be such an incredible, kind, loving person. She has serious, blatant mental issues that aren’t being treated, and I oscillate between feeling intense sadness for her and pure hatred.

Some examples of her behavior just from this past year:

She filed a restraining order against her own brother over a financial trust dispute. Her father died last year, and he was apparently very wealthy and there was a big trust fund to fight over. I don’t know what happened between her and her brother, but I watched her behavior at the hospital while her father died and she was an awful witch. Her own mother, who has severe dementia, was beside herself. Every 30 minutes she had to be reminded we were in the hospital with her husband of 50 years on his death bed. My boyfriend’s mother was seriously nasty to her, and even hospital staff noticed and tried to protect her. The trust should have gone to the widow, and her brother took it over to provide medical care/living arrangements for her. She fought this tooth and nail, insisting the money was hers. She sued him for the money and lost. She remains extremely bitter about this.

She is very jealous of my boyfriend’s niece’s grandmother (the other grandma) and bad mouths her to this 6-year-old child, saying things like “Grandma Mary is a bitch.” Grandma Mary, by the way, is sweet, timid, and very quiet.

Every Christmas, without fail, she blows up. We hosted her at our home last Christmas and all seemed well until she found out we were going to Vegas the next week to celebrate my birthday. She stormed out and drove home, then, on Christmas Day, wrote an email stating, “You are no longer my children. Period Like I said I have learned my lesson. I am sure Mary will take you in as that seems to be her MO.” My boyfriend pulled up email records from the past five years and there is always an email like this sent to the entire family on Christmas.

She lives two hours away, but had a dance event where we live this past summer. We agreed to host her for a couple days, but when she informed us it would be nearly five full days and we had evening plans on some of them, we asked if she could stay at my boyfriend’s brother’s house. (She gets violently angry if we're not in the home to entertain her). This caused the biggest uproar you could ever imagine. She told my boyfriend he was a horrible son, told him to gently caress himself, and that she hated him. When she finally got to our house a couple days later, she ran into the house SCREAMING and demanding he go get all her stuff out of the car. He was miserably sick, and when she found this out, she told him she “ought to slap him upside the head” for having her there. (He debated telling her he was sick, but thought she would blow up. Either way, there was no winning). We were under the impression she would be at her event through the weekend, but instead she sat around our home complaining and being generally awful. We both had important work to do over the weekend that we could not do because she was there. When she offered to sweep and mop the floors, we didn’t stop her because it gave her a distraction. She later wrote an email stating, “I am trying to get out and meet people but you all curtail any effort. I don't have ANY friends, my whole life has been condemned to the enslavement of others whether I want to or not. The final straw was giving up the afternoon dance events to mop and clean for [son].” I would have PAID her to leave that day. This is just a mild example of how her mind words, and how she justifies her own behavior.

One of her life long dreams was to drive the Pacific Coast Highway. My boyfriend tried to make that dream a reality for her last month. Together, they planned the cities to stop at, activities they wanted to do, the type of car they wanted to drive. They agreed about who would pay for what. I was invited on this trip, and reluctantly agreed to go. We all discussed payment, and agreed I would pay for my own food and activities, while they would split car/hotel costs since I didn’t have a say in any of it and it was technically their trip. After the “dance event incident” she wrote an email stating, “I am only going to Cali at this point because [OP] would be forced to go 50/50 with [Son] even though she makes less than him but it won't be that much fun.” She wrote this email to the entire family for some reason.

We moved forward with the trip, aware of the potential risks. Things blew up WAY beyond what we ever had planned, though. We expected anger and child-like behavior from her, but the justification from my boyfriend is that if it would improve her happiness levels even slightly, it was worth it. On the last day (she has a tendency to get very upset the day a trip ends), while discussing payments, she just lost it. We were in the car, and she started screaming about how awful we were at the top of her lungs. She screamed bloody murder at me for things I’ve never even said or thought. She brought up things from YEARS ago, that have since been distorted in her mind. And when my boyfriend said the screaming needed to stop or we would have to just head to the airport early (our flight was about 8 hours from then, and a two-hour drive), she lost it even further. She called 911 and insisted we were both holding her hostage and about to abandon her. We had to pull over (in a fancy hotel parking lot, no less), and the cops came and questioned all of us. Within five minutes they caught on to her mental issues and hysteria. They forced her to vacate the car and separate from us. She got hysterical again, begging to not have to leave and that she would “just shut up.” When they said it was a bad idea to stay together, she asked for the police report number so she could file a restraining order against my boyfriend (HER SON). He gave her money for a car and food for the day and drove away in shock.

So why am I writing all this? Partially to vent. Partially because I feel like I am going crazy. My boyfriend said I need to just separate myself from her alternate reality and not let it affect me, but I simply cannot do that no matter how much I try. I think she needs mental help, but my boyfriend just says "that's the way she is."

The thing is, there’s always a summer blow up like this, and then about a month before Christmas she writes an email that says, “So when do you want to celebrate Christmas and whose place am I staying?” It just cannot happen again this year. I don’t want her in my life, and I especially don’t want her ruining my favorite time of year for the third year in a row.

Am I being overly sensitive? Should I just put up with her behavior? How do we move forward in a healthy way?

tl;dr: My boyfriend's mom exhibits clear signs of mental / personality disorder, but hasn't gotten help. She is a regular facet in our lives and it's affecting my own sanity and health. How do we move forward in a healthy way?

UPDATE: I [31F] cannot stand my boyfriend’s [30M] mom [60F] and I think she might be literally insaneUpdates

quote:

Previous Post Here

It's been about a month since I last posted and there have been a few small developments.The most notable thing is that my boyfriend and I, along with his family, have had several serious conversations about how to move forward. But first, some more information on how his mother has been behaving over the last month.

She went on an spree of verbally attacking me, both via text to me, and via text to his family members. She threatened to sabotage our recent trip to my hometown to see my family (which I'd been looking forward to for months, as we hadn't all been together in three years). She also made lots of petty comments and insults about me, not limited to my lack of talent (I am in a creative profession), and my boyfriend's "stupidity" for being with someone like me. Basically: she's super pissed with her current station in life, and I am the privileged individual who gets the blame. She also contacted my boyfriend's brother to let him know she was writing his 7-year-old daughter out of her will and taking away her college fund (this has been done about two dozen times) because she spent time with me and enjoyed it, versus not being happy when spending time with her. I have blocked her from every social media platform, email, and phone/text. Boyfriend's brother has taken a placating approach by simply responding with "OK" whenever she texts, versus engaging.

Outside of the verbal aggression, she has backed off. She used to call my boyfriend at a frequency of several times a week, which he admits was a cumbersome, exhausting burden because he felt obligated to listen to her 30-minute angry diatribes about whatever drama was happening in her world. She hasn't called him in two months, and it has been glorious.

Regarding the upcoming holidays, we sat down with his other family members here and decided how to move forward. We are all in agreement that we will not spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with his mother. We have made plans to travel out of town for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, and we're very much looking forward to the mini excursions. At this point, his mother would have likely contacted us about Thanksgiving plans, but in her anger since the PCH fiasco she hasn't attempted to do so. I am not sure if she will reach out about Christmas, but if she does then we will relay our current plans and take it as we go.

In addition to family-wide conversations about holidays, we have talked extensively about his mother's mental health and the best ways to move forward. In my state, there is a law that allows you to file a court - ordered mental health evaluation, and it only takes one person to file the application. That is not an option we have ruled out, especially since she is clearly hurting and mentally unwell, and could benefit greatly from a mental health check and medication. It is my understanding that one has been filed for her previously, and that the court found mental disorder, but that she has ceased taking medication. If it were up to me, I would file the application yesterday, especially since she mentioned wanting to kill herself in her last angry bout. Ultimately, though, I don't want to sidestep my boyfriend.

In the end, as a family we have agreed that our lives are better when she is not in it, and that ultimately she is happier, too, since everything we do — even planning a life-long dream trip for her — causes her great distress in the end.

We'll just have to take this one day at a time, but things have been calmer, generally, and I am looking forward to the holidays instead of feeling anxious about them for the first time in three years.

tl;dr: Our lives are calmer and more happy without her in it, and we have purposefully made plans to spend the holidays without her this holiday season.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mllaneza posted:

He needs help, badly, and about 80% of that professional. OP should have staged an intervention ages ago, but he can still get things rolling aaaaaanytime now.

This is actually something that (good) churches used to do well. You could have a loving community intervention of a lot of people who thought they had a genuine calling to try to help the dipshit. I really don't think the average "professional" is worth much, only ever a gamble to see if it's better than nothing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

almightyerin posted:

There are so many other things to throw in someones yard to gently caress it up. Why in gods name do you pick chili? How loving Texan.
The biggest crime here is the waste of good chili.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mllaneza posted:

Must have been awful chili to waste it like that. Dude needs to talk to a lawyer about how to proceed.

Content !

I [31F] cannot stand my boyfriend’s [30M] mom [60F] and I think she might be literally insaneNon-Romantic

UPDATE: I [31F] cannot stand my boyfriend’s [30M] mom [60F] and I think she might be literally insaneUpdates

quote:

she mentioned wanting to kill herself in her last angry bout.

Let this problem solve it self

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

mcbagpipes posted:

I actually consider myself an extreme nerd. I was a member of the chess club. I also played a lot of video games and D&D as a kid.

I was on the cross country running team and swim team thru high school.

I played soccer and raced sail boats competitively during the summer. In the winter I was on the ski team. At least once a summer since I was a young teen I organized, with friends, an aggressive back country camping trip of some form.

There were some good coaches and there were some bad coaches. Perhaps I was lucky and mostly had good experiences.

Same, I was and am a giant nerd. Debate team, spent an assload of my own time organising the school to be part of a spelling bee Comp, did Duke of Ed, tried to organise a chess team for the school but failed, optional extra classes after school and tutoring other kids... It's a goddamn miracle I didn't get bullied all the time really.

My primary school had compulsory sports and so did my high school for the first year, so I tried a different sport every season, and kept up sailing and tennis until grad, went on extra camping trips for duke of ed, And played baseball outside of school because they wouldn't let me do it there.

And I am the laziest, least athletic person ever, choosing the laziest least team sportsysports I could at a very sports-focused school. My parents are pretty against sports and poo poo like those parents, as they are also unathletic nerds stuck in academia for too long. Some of the lovely coaches hated me for dragging my equally unathletic friends into their team, but some coaches were really cool and encouraging .

Doing a sport is cool and good and really did help past-me. Kids should do a sport, then try another sport, especially while at school where it's easier and cheaper than trying as an adult. gently caress those guys.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Haifisch posted:

Was it good chilli though? Check the comments and see if he mentions whether or not it had beans :can:

Yolo Swaggins Esq fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 9, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Haifisch posted:

We don't know it was good.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Anne Whateley posted:

As I understand it, Gracie Jiu Jitsu lets you beat up muggers.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

LimburgLimbo posted:

This is from a couple of pages ago, but I’ve literally never seen this or know anyone in real life who experienced this after a decade of living in Japan. A few annoying experiences with people but nothing like what is described.

Of course considering the type of people who usually claim they got made fun of it might be true, seeing as they’re always broken human beings and/or English teachers

well it's your anecdote against mine so i guess you and me, tomorrow at noon, pistols on the blood-soaked fields of honor.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I was on a college lacrosse team and, no, we didn't.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Ahem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Margaret_Garrud
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34425615
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3077214/

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Holy balls that lady is a badass and so is that cartoon. Thanks for making me aware of her!

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

I love everything about this

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm the guy slowly inching towards his hat while trying not to provoke the dangerous woman.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Also this actually happened. That's the Crown Prince riding the horse that goes down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dXmmHxh_w

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Girlfriend [23F] won't have sex with me [24M] unless I win my wrestling matches

quote:

Mild warning for sex talk

We've been together for four months. I'll go ahead and say that she's a very sexy girl, to be honest she might be a bit outta my league. So I was really surprised when SHE asked ME out. I don't think she know I was a wrestler at the time but I play for our college.

We hang out a lot and if it was on a competition day, she likes to know if I won even though she doesn't usually go to the matches. The first time she did this I did win and she said something about her being a good trophy. Maybe that's a little cheese but I was into it, that led to great sex and she's been doing that ever since. It's nice to unwind with your girl after a workout like that. Sounds good right?

The problem is when I don't win the game. She says things about how she's not a participation ribbon and refuses to have sex with me. She won't even really kiss me, only pecks and that I have to initiate.

It's not like we only have sex on competition days, but the fact that she does this bothers me. I told her this once in a joking kinda way and she was like "well I did say I was a trophy, I'm only for winners."

She says it like it's cute and playful but it sucks to already lose at your favorite sport (seriously, wrestling is my life) and then have your girl make you feel like a loser in general. It's not like I'm crying over every lost game but I feel like if she lost at something she cared about she would want my support instead of me shunning her.

Tl;dr: my girlfriend won't have sex with me on the days where I lose a wrestling competition, because she's "for winners only"

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

mllaneza posted:

Also this actually happened. That's the Crown Prince riding the horse that goes down.

The original footage

https://youtu.be/um9GV6_AILM

At around 2 min 20 mark

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

mllaneza posted:

I think this is actual footage of the event. It’s super grainy but may be :nms: due to a woman being trampled to death.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-G4fJ9I_wQg

Edit: Beaten. That’s what I get for reading about it befor hitting post.

Bored fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 9, 2017

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i (20/f) hooked up with another girl (18) 2 days ago and she is a neo-nazi.

hi, this is my first time posting something like this.

to start off, i want to give a little backstory about myself. im a 20 year old college student who has a room to myself and i tend to be a bit of a recluse. im very shy and i barely ever talk as im currently in my 3rd month of my transition (male -> female) and very embarassed and ashamed.

ive been very lonely so i decided to make an online dating profile and i ended up getting messaged by another mtf woman (2 years younger than me) and she ended up driving 2 hours to come see me.

we had some "intimate" time and it was my first experience letting someone get close to my body. afterwards, she sorta dropped some info i wasnt expecting and explained to me that she has aspergers and tourettes and she's a white supremacist/neo-nazi and that if they find out that she's trans then they will kill her.

i really didnt know what to say so i just kinda avoided asking any questions or confronting her. we've been together for 2 days and she says she loves me and that im beautiful and cute. im feeling really overwhelmed because shes kinda crazy and also acts immature sometimes and its getting on my nerves.
she's staying a third night and plans to stay as many as possible until i say no i guess. i feel like im being manipulated or used. i dont know.

i heard her crying in the bathroom and i knocked on the door and asked if shes ok but she got really defensive and said she's strong and she never cries. i told her its okay to cry and that she can talk to me about it but she just wanted to drop the subject.

i dont know what to do.. this is too crazy for me. i have enough anxiety and depression to deal with. i feel like im going to get trapped in a hosed up relationship. im really not ready for this.

tl;dr i (20/f) hooked up with a white supremacist neo-nazi transwoman with aspergers and tourettes and its sorta become a weird relationship. i have no idea what to do. i feel really uncomfortable and anxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Anony Mouse posted:

Girlfriend [23F] won't have sex with me [24M] unless I win my wrestling matches

gross

edit:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i (20/f) hooked up with another girl (18) 2 days ago and she is a neo-nazi.

Same