Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It has Rowdy Roddy Piper fighting mutant frogs and it one hundred percent lives up to its premise, Hell Comes To Frogtown is goddamn incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm making an assumption about these all being bad, but...

Leaving out the homage posters. Too easy.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 9, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It has Rowdy Roddy Piper fighting mutant frogs and it one hundred percent lives up to its premise, Hell Comes To Frogtown is goddamn incredible

Just because you can make the synopsis sound dope doesn't make it so. I couldn't get through it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm making an assumption about these all being bad, but...

Leaving out the homage posters. Too easy.

the madea straw dogs poster got me to watch his movies and guess what. theyre fine

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I still cannot understand how Bright got made.

Max Landis wanted to make a Shadowrun movie, couldn't get the license and went, "Uh okay I'll do a find + replace on the trademarked terms and change the city from Seattle to LA."

I'm gonna watch the gently caress out of it and it's gonna suuuuuck.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Inzombiac posted:

Max Landis wanted to make a Shadowrun movie, couldn't get the license and went, "Uh okay I'll do a find + replace on the trademarked terms and change the city from Seattle to LA."

You have now ensured that I, too will watch this trainwreck. Cannot wait

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What the gently caress is this?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mister Chief posted:

A terrible, terrible idea.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Mister Chief posted:

A levitating zombie, apparently

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone can write. The question is how did Max Landis sold his Bright script to Netflix for $3,000,000. Probably a combination of Max being son of Bloody John Landis and Netflix willing to buy scripts most studios would look over.

Side note: He did write a Space Mountain movie script but Disney did not pick it up. It's about future people travelling faster than light on a space train, but something went wrong because while the train can transport physical things at FTL speeds, it cannot do so to non-physical things such as the human soul. He chose Space Mountain because he remembered riding it alone at 4am probably while the Disney technicians were doing a maintenance run.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

my theater is on top of the news, hire us Sony marketing

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The MSJ posted:

Anyone can write. The question is how did Max Landis sold his Bright script to Netflix for $3,000,000. Probably a combination of Max being son of Bloody John Landis and Netflix willing to buy scripts most studios would look over.

Side note: He did write a Space Mountain movie script but Disney did not pick it up. It's about future people travelling faster than light on a space train, but something went wrong because while the train can transport physical things at FTL speeds, it cannot do so to non-physical things such as the human soul. He chose Space Mountain because he remembered riding it alone at 4am probably while the Disney technicians were doing a maintenance run.

You know, based on that story and the more recent Dirk Gently, I think Max Landis might actually rule.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

And More posted:

You know, based on that story and the more recent Dirk Gently, I think Max Landis might actually rule.

Based on that Space Mountain story, I think Max Landis might actually have watched Event Horizon.

Yes, I know it works the exact opposite way in Event Horizon. It's still "ship goes faster than light, thus causing horror movie".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Another good poster for a bad movie

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Inzombiac posted:

"The film stars Will Smith as a Los Angeles Police Department police officer who teams up with an Orc cop..."

Hello, I'm a Los Angeles Police Department police officer and this is...Orc.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

The MSJ posted:

I mean at this point it's less he's John Landis's son than that he wrote Chronicle and...well that's kinda it but Chronicle was only five years ago and it made 10x its budget. I haven't really read anything of his since Chronicle but my guess is his stuff reads very high octane high concept Shane Black-esque so the appeal is pretty obvious. Honestly urban race relations through what to a lot of people probably seems like a totally original fantasy filter is a really good idea. Can't copywrite Orcs and Elves baby.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Jedit posted:

Based on that Space Mountain story, I think Max Landis might actually have watched Event Horizon.

Yes, I know it works the exact opposite way in Event Horizon. It's still "ship goes faster than light, thus causing horror movie".

I mean, it's not really the originality of the concept as much as the audacity that he tried to sell it to Disney. "C'mon Pluto. Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see. Ha-ha!"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

He said bad movies. :colbert:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

No, I don't consider Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Demons and spooky poo poo isn't new for Space Mountain though

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/halloween-ghost-galaxy/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Palpek posted:

But the poster is loving sublime.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mister Chief posted:

A bold new reimagining of the George A. Romero classic.

I think I saw the earlier remake with... Mena Suvari? Bad enough to not remember a thing about it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Every time I see the orc makeup I just think it looks like a burn victim, or a soldier who had a grenade blow up in their face and got reconstructive surgery. It doesn't read a like an orc at all.

e: And yeah, that souls-can't-travel-faster-than-light concept could be interesting depending on how it was executed. But it's not a fuckin' Space Mountain movie.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 9, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

feedmyleg posted:

e: And yeah, that souls-can't-travel-faster-than-light concept could be interesting depending on how it was executed. But it's not a fuckin' Space Mountain movie.

Start a film with a bright and cheery group of colonists going into hypersleep for a century long journey at sub-light-speed to their new home. They arrive, and touch down, and find there are already spaceships there--ships more advanced but clearly from their own world. They quickly learn that while they were asleep, FTL was developed and another group of colonists was sent ahead of them--and when they arrived, they were wrong.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Shocking twist: Space Mountain is the Kessel Run.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

What if...the crew's lost souls got attached to the second crew flying behind them?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We can experiment and determine at precisely what age foetuses get souls plugged into them!

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Palpek posted:

It really is not a good movie. Love that poster and Space Godzilla's design though.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
It's longer than you think, dad! Longer than you think!

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh-ZcdO5fe8

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

And More posted:

You should probably learn more about Max Landis.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The best thing Max Landis did was that video about HHH.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
What about that death of Superman thing he did. Was that him?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Waffleman_ posted:

That's not high praise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, innit.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Palpek posted:

What if...the crew's lost souls got attached to the second crew flying behind them?

I like it. A ghost story where the cast are haunted by souls that were ripped out of crewmembers going faster than them and now trying to sabotage the ship or harm the crew. The dilemma is the ship is approaching but not yet reached light speed, so they have to figure out what is happening and change the ships course before their souls are ripped out, but some crew men who don't believe that's what is happening just want to hit the jump sooner so they can escape the apparitions or temporal distortions and/or if they try to stop they are all condemned to a slow death in space because they don't have the resources to trundle back to another inhabited world.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

feedmyleg posted:

They turned Tomorrowland into Bioshock with George Clooney being in love with a robot with the body of a little girl, all bets are off.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you want something to praise Max for, forget his dumb big personality internet videos and read his actually published Superman miniseries, American Alien. It's really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waffleman_ posted:

That was so goddamn good!

Also I need to see Frogtown