Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Louis C.K. cancels movie premiere in advance of reported NYT story
According to multiple entertainment outlets, Louis C.K. canceled the New York premiere of I Love You, Daddy just hours before it was expected to take place. Sources say that The New York Times is about to break a story on the comedian.

Mmmm....here comes the hammer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

According to multiple entertainment outlets, Louis C.K. canceled the New York premiere of I Love You, Daddy just hours before it was expected to take place. Sources say that The New York Times is about to break a story on the comedian.

:negative:

I hope I'm wrong, but why must all the comedians I like turn out to be monsters?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no.

Wahlberg stopped his bad behaviour and recognized (it appears) the error of his ways. I am not seeing that with Spacey or Weinstein.

He also would have prevented 9/11 with his sweet karate moves

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

That's ... exactly what that poster said?

Quoted the wrong post.

U-DO Burger posted:

Wrong. If you read it carefully, you'll notice that it is exactly what that poster said.

See above.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

chitoryu12 posted:

Not expunged, just a full unconditional pardon. It would remain on his record, but he would be absolved of the legal restrictions that he received from the convictions. He even mentions in the pardon request that he's very open about the terrible things he did and that they're the reason for his philanthropic efforts.

I think it's worthwhile to note that Trinh, the Vietnamese man he beat nearly to death, supported his pardon after Wahlberg met him to apologize and spent so many years working to repent for his youth. It was only denied because he didn't meet a paperwork deadline.

For a long time the only word from him about beating up that guy was an article where Wahlberg said he didn't feel any guilt over it because of all the good work he's done since, and that sort of soured a lot of people's (including mine) opinions on him.

Credit where credit is due, he said he regretted applying for the pardon because of all the bad feelings it stirred up, but it at least gave him the opportunity to apologize to the guy.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Mu Zeta posted:

Cars and action are fine but why bring it to something like TNG? Those movies became worse because they tried to become action stars. With JJTrek the action was fine because that's how the movies were always designed to be. With Patrick Stewart and the other lumpy actors it was painfully shoehorned in.

My favorite Patrick Stewart thing is that he was initially embarrassed about coming to America to do some lovely scifi show. But a year later all his British theater friends were begging him to get them a job on TV.

It's just really weird to see that being mentioned in a conversation about celebs who are bad people. Like right next to people who are literal rapists. It's not something that makes him a bad person in any way. Especially when Roddenberry was such a trash person.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

iospace posted:

I'm the downvote and the upvote.

But seriously, gently caress traditional gender roles *belches loudly*

I thought the reply was somebody going "are you trying to figure out how to rape someone and get away with it by claiming to be a woman in this post?"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

You sweet summer child, you haven't visited the ol' hellthread. Incels believe that sex is an economic commodity that women have 100% monopolistic control over (because of feminism), and that "normies" (the below-average to average people with girlfriends at walmart) are inherently cucked, and therefore are being stolen from, because their women have hosed other people in the past, and are definitely loving Chad on the side right now. They don't want the woman at walmart who will settle for a regular person. They want a pristine teenage virgin who will give 100% of her available sex to her first boyfriend who she also marries first.

Yea, without repeating the same stuff from a few pages ago, I just don't see all of those resons as genuine, I think it's just a wall they put up to avoid having to think about what's really going on and why they're in the position they're in.

The bottom line is they don't have the most basic of social skills to be able to talk to a woman, no matter how attractive or unattractive, and so it's easier to pretend like you want something that society is denying you rather than to admit you could have it, but just don't want to put in the effort.

Basebf555 has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Nov 9, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sarcopenia posted:

It's just really weird to see that being mentioned in a conversation about celebs who are bad people. Like right next to people who are literal rapists. It's not something that makes him a bad person in any way. Especially when Roddenberry was such a trash person.

"Harry Connick Jr. was slightly brusque with me at when I asked him for an autograph in the bathroom" vs "literal sexual assaulter"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Freak posted:

Haven't there been rumours of some description around him for a while?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Inco posted:

Lmao, this is what my dude looked like in Saints Row 2
Which one? Since you could make either.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Basebf555 posted:

Yea, without repeating the same stuff from a few pages ago, I just don't see all of those stuff as genuine, I think it's just a wall they put up to avoid having to think about what's really going on and why they're in the position they're in.

The bottom line is they don't have the most basic of social skills to be able to talk to a woman, no matter how attractive or unattractive, and so it's easier to pretend like you want something that society is denying you rather than to admit you could have it, but just don't want to put in the effort.

Yeah, I get that. Just I'm also ready to believe that an internet echo chamber has created some completely monstrous beings who think women are sex automatons who need to be controlled like livestock.

For what it's worth, I, a fat nerd who loves cartoons, due to incomprehensible societal forces, can't seem to go more than 4 months without acquiring some kind of romantic partner. Something about my rotund, beardy exterior apparently screams "boyfriend material". I think it's about having realistic standards and treating people well :shrug:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wheat Loaf posted:

Haven't there been rumours of some description around him for a while?

About a month ago the IOSM thread was making fun of a vice columnist for this article:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evbggm/i-got-shut-down-while-trying-to-report-on-the-louis-ck-rumors

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Proteus Jones posted:

I hope I'm wrong, but why must all the comedians I like turn out to be monsters?

Do you only like Woody Allen, Bill Cosby, and Louis CK?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Dammit, not Louis CK too? I hate this timeline.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/928710507359539201

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TheRagamuffin posted:

Is there a phrase that means the opposite of "damned with faint praise"? That's what this Sir Patrick tangent sounds like.

“Praised with faint damnation.”

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Louis CK is poo poo, even if the allegations aren't true

All he does is bitch about Millenials and Baby Boomers. He's another one of these, "Only people my age are good" assholes. All of his stories make it sound like he treats service industry people like poo poo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
During Ms. Goodman and Ms. Wolov’s surreal visit to Louis C.K.’s Aspen hotel room, they said they were holding onto each other, screaming and laughing in shock, as Louis C.K. masturbated in a chair. “We were paralyzed,” Ms. Goodman said. After he ejaculated on his stomach, they said, they fled. He called after them: “He was like, ‘Which one is Dana and which one is Julia?’

---

Ms. Corry also received an email from Louis C.K., which was obtained by The Times, saying he owed her a “very very very late apology.” When he phoned her, he said was sorry for shoving her in a bathroom. Ms. Corry replied that he had never done that, but had instead asked to masturbate in front of her. Responding in a shaky voice, he acknowledged it and said, “I used to misread people back then,” she recalled.

The call confounded her, Ms. Corry said: not only had he misremembered the incident, which made her think there were other moments of misconduct, he also implied she had done something to invite his behavior. “It is unfair he’s put me or anyone else in this position,” Ms. Corry said.

Y I K E S

Sorry can't keep track of all these women I harassed!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

For what it's worth, I, a fat nerd who loves cartoons, due to incomprehensible societal forces, can't seem to go more than 4 months without acquiring some kind of romantic partner. Something about my rotund, beardy exterior apparently screams "boyfriend material". I think it's about having realistic standards and treating people well :shrug:

There's also the fact that there are tons of women out there who are attracted to heavier guys(along with every other body type), and there are also plenty of women out there who want a guy who shares their nerdy hobbies.

Speaking for myself, I never felt like I had to purposely relax my "standards", but as I've left my 20's and entered my 30s I just find myself legitimately physically attracted to all kinds of different women for tons of different reasons. All(or almost all) of the different shapes and sizes do it for me in their own way, but maybe some guys never get out of that mode where every girl they talk to has to fit the specific mold that they developed a liking for in their high school/college years.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

Stewart's mother was also physically abused by her husband. So now Patrick supports many woman abuse prevention charities.

Truly the worlds greatest monster.
He also supports the charity Combat Stress for the exact same reason.

Absolutely the worst.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Burning_Monk posted:

Dammit, not Louis CK too? I hate this timeline.

Dude got called out by motherfucking Roseanne. It's beautiful.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

CommonShore posted:

About a month ago the IOSM thread was making fun of a vice columnist for this article:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evbggm/i-got-shut-down-while-trying-to-report-on-the-louis-ck-rumors

I remember that. The IOSM thread was making fun of the article because it's basically "I went to confront Louis CK about sexual misconduct rumors, a bunch of people told me not to, I started crying and gave up", not because anyone doubted that Louis CK was capable of sexual misconduct.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Basebf555 posted:

Speaking for myself, I never felt like I had to purposely relax my "standards", but as I've left my 20's and entered my 30s I just find myself legitimately physically attracted to all kinds of different women for tons of different reasons. All(or almost all) of the different shapes and sizes do it for me in their own way, but maybe some guys never get out of that mode where every girl they talk to has to fit the specific mold that they developed a liking for in their high school/college years.

Does it ever seem like a lot of these incel guys don't really care that much about sex as much as they do the status boost they think they'd get from being able to show up with the prettiest girl in school on their arm? I know it's a bit of a tired cliche to say that terrible nerds on the Internet are terrible because they never got past high school (cf. gamers who complained about the Wii and party gaming making the hobby too accessible to those drat jocks etc.) but there's got to be some truth to it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Made the background transparent.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Made the background transparent.

:randstare:

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Halloween may be over, but I will never get tired of watching people scare other people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CTuzNj40R8

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

Does it ever seem like a lot of these incel guys don't really care that much about sex as much as they do the status boost they think they'd get from being able to show up with the prettiest girl in school on their arm? I know it's a bit of a tired cliche to say that terrible nerds on the Internet are terrible because they never got past high school (cf. gamers who complained about the Wii and party gaming making the hobby too accessible to those drat jocks etc.) but there's got to be some truth to it.

I guess it seems like that because they've never actually had sex, so it's hard to genuinely care about something that you've never experienced. So sex is the thing that's being held up as THE obstacle between them and a normal happy life, but they aren't being honest with themselves and I think that comes out pretty clearly in a lot of these statements that get posted here.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Proteus Jones posted:

Has anything came out about Ron White? :ohdearsass:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seconded

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Randaconda posted:

that wasn't mayonnaise in the Tater Salad...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Halloween may be over, but I will never get tired of watching people scare other people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CTuzNj40R8

I did it for 2 years at Universal Orlando. It's incredibly fun.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat. If it turns out Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert are like that too I swear I'm gonna just cry :smith:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Unfortunately, all his albums.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

U-DO Burger posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat. If it turns out Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert are like that too I swear I'm gonna just cry :smith:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/07/arts/television/07daily.html

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Premature Schadenfreude. Bryan Singer deleted his twitter.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, I feel like if Stewart, Colbert, or Oliver were getting up to horribleness behind the scenes, they would've gotten skewered long ago. I couldn't see Samantha Bee, Jessica Williams, or Kristen Schaal putting up with that poo poo.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, I feel like if Stewart, Colbert, or Oliver were getting up to horribleness behind the scenes, they would've gotten skewered long ago. I couldn't see Samantha Bee, Jessica Williams, or Kristen Schaal putting up with that poo poo.

I never thought anyone would be stupid enough to try and molest Terry Crews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

U-DO Burger posted:

https://i.imgur.com/6erW3au.mp4