Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
What happens when you destroy a Harpooned (or any other ship) with a Harpoon missile?

Does the new condition apply and trigger or is the ship destroyed before it has the chance to?

I've heard an opinion on reddit that in regular play it won't, but if the ship sticks around for simultaneous fire it will?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Z the IVth posted:

What happens when you destroy a Harpooned (or any other ship) with a Harpoon missile?

Does the new condition apply and trigger or is the ship destroyed before it has the chance to?

I've heard an opinion on reddit that in regular play it won't, but if the ship sticks around for simultaneous fire it will?

That's correct.

The missile card reads:
If this attack hits, after the attack resolves, assign the "Harpooned!" Condition to the defender.

So, you'd complete every step of the attack timing chart (which includes step 10's "remove destroyed ships"). If the ship is destroyed and removed, then there's no ship to apply the condition to.

The only way a ship stays on the board past step 10 is through simultaneous fire.

Example:
Black Sun Ace (with initiative) hits Lowhhrick with a harpoon missile, dealing enough damage cards to destroy the ship. Both are PS5. In step 10, since Lowhhrick has a chance to fire via the simultaneous fire rule, he is not removed.
The chart for Black Sun Ace's attack ends, and his attack is fully resolved. Now he applies the Harpooned! condition to Lowhhrick.
Lowhhrick attacks as usual, and then is destroyed and removed at the end of the attack. Then the text on Harpooned! triggers, and he splashes damage upon destruction.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Devlan Mud posted:

So, some speculation for System Open 2018:

Adepticon's preregistration event lists has System Open Stage 1 at 300 people on Friday from 10-3:30, then System Open Stage 2 for 128 from 4:30-9:00. Then Finals for 28 on Saturday from 10-3:30. So it looks like the two-days of qualifiers are out.

There's also Hyperspace Qualifiers on both Thursday and Saturday for 128 people, so I'm guessing we're also getting X-Wing versions of the Galactic Qualifiers that were announced for Destiny yesterday. If that's the case, looks like they'd be 7 rounds of swiss and the undefeated player gets a spot at Worlds.

I saw that too. Some friends and I are going to try and sign up for the open. I'll get crushed in the first round, but it will be a fun experience anyway. I may very well play the Deathrain Aces jankmaster list.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

I saw that too. Some friends and I are going to try and sign up for the open. I'll get crushed in the first round, but it will be a fun experience anyway. I may very well play the Deathrain Aces jankmaster list.

Do itttttt

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Thanks for the detailed explanation of Harpoons missiles.

Kind of weird they are letting adepticon announce the new system open format before actually explains the format. Would be really nice if Australia got one. Italy only had around 60 at theirs and our regionals can pull 100+

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

Do itttttt

It's not quite that list. I swapped out Quickdraw for Darth.
It's either that or the Whisper/Inquisitor/Omega Leader list I like.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
TG Secret Santa thread is up if anyone wants to get in on it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840013

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Funzo posted:

I had a lot of fun losing terribly at the Hoth Open last year with Talonbane/Fenn/Zuvio, so unless the Hyperspace Qualifiers have stuff I really want I'll probably do that on Friday and play Destiny Thursday and Saturday. Only booked the hotel for Thur and Fri night so no team tournament for me this year (although it doesn't say Epic this time around, so that's interesting).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey guys. I'm 29,000 posts behind on this thread (no, really) but I jumped to the end so I could tell you that the TG Secret Santa 2017 thread is up! X-wangs have always been a popular gift option for TGSS, since you can get a core set or some ships or whatever for within the price target. There's about a week left to sign up for the main round.

e.

Raged posted:

TG Secret Santa thread is up if anyone wants to get in on it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840013

gently caress, beaten! Sorry for spamming the thread.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Leperflesh posted:

Hey guys. I'm 29,000 posts behind on this thread (no, really) but I jumped to the end so I could tell you that the TG Secret Santa 2017 thread is up! X-wangs have always been a popular gift option for TGSS, since you can get a core set or some ships or whatever for within the price target. There's about a week left to sign up for the main round.

e.

gently caress, beaten! Sorry for spamming the thread.

That's what you get for not reading all 29,000 posts <:mad:>

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Phantom II preview up

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/10/coordinate-your-attack/

I like that Maul card a lot. It's really flexible.

One: He's good insurance against stress for ships with high attack values, because the "remove stress after performing an attack that hits" clause is separate from the rerolls.

Two: You get at least one guaranteed reroll any around you're willing to take a stress, and more if you need it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So, Flight-assist mech seems really good with ion/TLT hogs.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Well, I wasn't feeling the expansion until I saw this guy, but man that's got the potential to be good, especially for X-Wings.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This is the first time I noticed that the Shitipede has an auxiliary firing arc. cool.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Panzeh posted:

I thought about that, but then again it's a lot more likely to fire in a useful way at a high PS.

I really like that Astro, and it looks like it could be fun with Intensity on Wedge.

Chopper seems real fun to use on ships with ordinance, because you can gobble up guidance chips for a shield after you've fired your torps.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

God dammit, FFG.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m the “Coordinate can be ANY action, not just one on your bar” idea

quote:

This doesn't allow a ship to perform the same action more than once, but that ship is notably not limited only to the ship's action bar or its Action upgrades.

Reinforce for everybody!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Spot the deliberate mistake lol.

Stressfrog looks cool and good. Maul looks cool and good. Most important, there's actually a worthwhile 1 point astromech now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Hey guys is there a specific TTS X-Wing upgrade needed to get the ability to spawn lists?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I like a lot about the shuttle.

However, gently caress adding more regen to the game. Someone will figure out how to make chopper broken.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Honestly, if action-regen were breakable, GONK would already have broken it. Spending actions to regen just isn't that good.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Hey guys is there a specific TTS X-Wing upgrade needed to get the ability to spawn lists?

You just need the Unified X-Wing Mod.
Instructions here:
https://github.com/tjakubo2/TTS_xwing/wiki/Quickplay-guide#ii-building-a-list

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I'm not at home but I think all you need now is called Unified X-wing something. It has list spawning built in.

Edit: ^ hey how about you stop

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 11, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah I gotta do my Jankmaster game for the week. Look me up bro.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cool, figured it out. Thanks guys.

Related, is there an easy way to SLAM? Right now I'm kludging it with a second maneuver dial.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The GitHub for the mod has a list of commands, like we had to do back in the day. Should be able to just type in the move.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The FAA sure looks like an attempted X-Wing fix to me. Should be interesting.

Raged fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 11, 2017

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Panzeh posted:

Doesn't allow you to fire outside of your arc though.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyonero posted:

Till I read your post I thought it would be a nightmare on tlt y-wings. Thank gently caress they caught that.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

canyonero posted:

That's why you use the BTL-A4 upgrade.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Han Yolo + courier droid.

Place anywhere on the board at PS0.

What ships have crew, bomb, and systems slots? Nym only? Because I kinda wanna fill up someone’s starting area with bombs (minefield mapper ) and a falcon.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

What ships have crew, bomb, and systems slots? Nym only? Because I kinda wanna fill up someone’s starting area with bombs (minefield mapper ) and a falcon.

Ghost with Sabine crew has those slots.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah. UWing would also.

However the timing of Minefield Mapper is after place forces. Why mist my terrible ideas not work?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Alas, Nym doesn't have crew slots and systems slots at the same time.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I love assault gunboats so much. So cumbersome, yet so fast. So restricted, yet so free. So unlike flying anything else.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SLAM is a super interesting mechanic. I'm glad it's on something that has an actual arc now.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m the “Coordinate can be ANY action, not just one on your bar” idea

Reinforce for everybody!

Yeah what the gently caress is this poo poo?!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers, I sent you a steam friend invite. We gotta do our game bro!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jankmaster5000 League Round 2 complete, two days early!

AceBucket13 is our top seeded player with the highest MOV! ConfusedUs is ranked #2. They play for the championship this week! Who is the king of jank**?

canyoneer and LanceKing2200 are square in the middle at 1-1 each. Admiral Joeslop and Some Numbers are bringing up the rear.

Round 2 stats:
Most selected list(s): ReyRebel was brought to the table the most, at three times.

List actually flown the most: The Strangler was flown twice this round.

The "I really loving wanted to play that list" award also goes to The Strangler, as both players who flew it this round brought it (but didn't fly it) last round.

**hint, it's me, you're all flying my lists so even if I lose, I win, suckas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'm playing in the Phoenix Squadron Championships tomorrow. We had 108 players divided into 27 pods of 4 players. Each played hangar bay matchups twice against the other 3 opponents in their pods over a month. The winners of each pod (and some wildcard runners-up with good MOVs) progress to the 32 player seeded double elimination tournament bracket.

I'm seeded in the upper quartile, and feel good about my chances. I'll post the streaming link if one comes up.

• Locked thread