Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

EDP is prob already making new videos just under a different name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wasn't the sack against Saeomalu (sp?) And when Foles was in and the Eagles were contemplating just handing off to random fans to run the clock out?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

EDP is prob already making new videos just under a different name

He said on his Twitter that he eats rear end now. So look out for EDA445

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

Wasn't the sack against Saeomalu (sp?) And when Foles was in and the Eagles were contemplating just handing off to random fans to run the clock out?

Yup. Miller put up stats in garbage time going against a backup QB and a backup OG playing tackle.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Didnt they then go down the field and score on the next possession?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Yup. Miller put up stats in garbage time going against a backup QB and a backup OG playing tackle.

And PFF hails him as the greatest D-lineman of the week.

More evidence that PFF is garbage.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bovada:

Eagles 1/20 (!!!!) odds to win NFCE
Eagles 4/1 odds to win Super Bowl (highest in league)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

Bovada:

Huh? So I have to bet 1 to win 20, or 20 to win 1?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

Huh? So I have to bet 1 to win 20, or 20 to win 1?
20 to win 1

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

20 to win 1

With those kind of odds, I'd have to think that Dallas is a pretty good bet. What are their odds? Or can I just bet against the Eagles and wager 1 to win 20?

(I don't really do any sports betting)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

With those kind of odds, I'd have to think that Dallas is a pretty good bet. What are their odds? Or can I just bet against the Eagles and wager 1 to win 20?

Dallas would be a terrible bet. The Eagles at this point are almost certain to win the division just from having so many wins "in hand," even if the Cowboys manage to sweep them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

They had Dallas at 8/1, so it might be worth a few bucks if you think the Eagles might have a stumble, which please no

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Statistically it looks like Philly is pretty good off the bye week so this will be a hard game for the Cowboys to win

Really hope I can score the same tickets I got last year. Doubt the season holder will give this one up though

Edit: And yeah even if the Cowboys win both games a wildcard is their best bet

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles started out 3-0 last season, had a week 4 bye, then lost to the Lions by 1 in a horribly officiated game and went 1-4 in that stretch. I can't see something like that happening because this team is much better, but it's got me weary because I'm an Eagles fan and pain is forever

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

They are 13-3 since 2003, second in the league to the Pats

Cowboys are 10-7 lol. Good thing they have a game this weekend

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

shyduck posted:

Eagles started out 3-0 last season, had a week 4 bye, then lost to the Lions by 1 in a horribly officiated game and went 1-4 in that stretch. I can't see something like that happening because this team is much better, but it's got me weary because I'm an Eagles fan and pain is forever

This was mostly because of the schedule. Opening the season with games against the Browns and Bears made going 2-0 almost automatic. The Steelers win was impressive, but Pittsburgh seems to put up one of those embarrassing early-season losses every year so it's hard to take anything meaningful from it. It's not some huge mystery that as the schedule got tougher, the team looked worse. The Eagles have also feasted on weak and floundering teams this season, which hey, is a mark of a good team. But it doesn't necessarily help you predict success against stronger teams.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in historical bye week stats, particularly for a single team

and also when that team's historical bye week stats overlap with Andy Reid and his outlier track record of post-bye week wins

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 7, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah, Andy Reid was money after a bye. 13-1 with the Eagles, with the sole loss being in his final season when they went 4-12

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

We were undefeated coming off the bye until Reids last year in Philly I think.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

shyduck posted:

Yeah, Andy Reid was money after a bye. 13-1 with the Eagles, with the sole loss being in his final season when they went 4-12

Still is. iirc his teams are still undefeated after a bye, with the Giants coming up this year

e: nm forgot the Eagles lost one in like, 2012 or whenever

still

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

This is the true burden of being an Eagles fan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Throwing yall a bone, enjoy

https://twitter.com/DZangaroNBCS/status/927977988838379520

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Thank you who ever pointed out Zeke looking like a ewok. I knew he looked familiar but couldn't place it

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I had the Eagles going 8-8 this year so I'm already playing with house money :woop:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Sad news for Philly sports fans, Roy Halladay died today in a plane crash while flying his personal plane :smith:

Don't look at his Twitter, it's too sad. Dude really loved his plane :cry:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'd like one Election Day to go by without giving me reason to feel sadder than all hell

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah that’s a real goddamn bummer.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

shyduck posted:

Bovada:

Those odds are insane. If Dallas beats ATL and then Philly they’d be one game back with a chance to make up another game plus clinch the tie breaker in week 17.

I️ like the Eagles chances of winning the East, but with @ LAR and @ SEA still on the schedule in addition to 2 games against Dallas I’m not celebrating anything yet. After all if Elliot dodges his suspension again it’ll be mostly the same Cowboys team that won what? 11 straight last season?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Ty1990 posted:

Those odds are insane. If Dallas beats ATL and then Philly they’d be one game back with a chance to make up another game plus clinch the tie breaker in week 17.

I️ like the Eagles chances of winning the East, but with @ LAR and @ SEA still on the schedule in addition to 2 games against Dallas I’m not celebrating anything yet. After all if Elliot dodges his suspension again it’ll be mostly the same Cowboys team that won what? 11 straight last season?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I like the Eagles to win it, but I don't like them 1/20 to win it.

But if Dallas is 8/1... that's a pretty big gap between 8/1 and 1/20, considering the Redskins have about zero chance to win it thanks to their divisional record. I guess that's where they make their money.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

CyberPingu posted:

Not according to Skip Bayless.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

TheChirurgeon posted:

This was mostly because of the schedule. Opening the season with games against the Browns and Bears made going 2-0 almost automatic. The Steelers win was impressive, but Pittsburgh seems to put up one of those embarrassing early-season losses every year so it's hard to take anything meaningful from it. It's not some huge mystery that as the schedule got tougher, the team looked worse. The Eagles have also feasted on weak and floundering teams this season, which hey, is a mark of a good team. But it doesn't necessarily help you predict success against stronger teams.

They also had a rookie QB and first year coach, and were in the first year of dismantling Chip Kelly's wild ride. The expectations for last year got out of whack so quickly. It's not like they were a good team that fell apart, they just weren't that good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Playing what if here, but I'm trying to imagine the outrage if Zeke finds some bizarre way to appeal his 6 games in such a way that he sits this weekend against the Falcons (which is a foregone conclusion), yet appeals in time to play against Philly before sitting the rest out.

It's probably the least likely thing to happen, and I honestly don't think it'd change the outcome of that game, but it'd be really funny in that it'd be yet another entry into the "reasons to hate the Dallas Cowboys" history book.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Listen do not hate Dallas Fans, inside every Dallas fan is a red-blooded Eagles Fan waiting to join up

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Shinjobi posted:

Playing what if here, but I'm trying to imagine the outrage if Zeke finds some bizarre way to appeal his 6 games in such a way that he sits this weekend against the Falcons (which is a foregone conclusion), yet appeals in time to play against Philly before sitting the rest out.

It's probably the least likely thing to happen, and I honestly don't think it'd change the outcome of that game, but it'd be really funny in that it'd be yet another entry into the "reasons to hate the Dallas Cowboys" history book.

Not gonna happen. The ONLY thing left now is the Supreme Court and they would never take this case.

But, let's say hypothetically that DID happen. He'd still be suspended why waiting for an appeal through the Supreme Court and that would take a long time. Even if it were an expedited appeal, that takes weeks and weeks.

Long story short, get hosed Zeke & the Cowboys :wave:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, but it'd still be really funny, is more my point.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

paternity suitor posted:

They also had a rookie QB and first year coach, and were in the first year of dismantling Chip Kelly's wild ride. The expectations for last year got out of whack so quickly. It's not like they were a good team that fell apart, they just weren't that good.

The Eagles go 9-7 if Ryan Matthews holds onto the ball vs Deteoit and Pederson calls better plays on 4th down vs the Giants

They were an alright team last year

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Listen do not hate Dallas Fans, inside every Dallas fan is a red-blooded Eagles Fan waiting to join up

checks out:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Eagles go 9-7 if Ryan Matthews holds onto the ball vs Deteoit and Pederson calls better plays on 4th down vs the Giants

They were an alright team last year

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but I agreed with the rest of his post up until that final thought.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/928737167106592771

:yeah:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

:same:

48 million for 4 years sounds way too high though... I look forward to seeing the actual numbers when they come out.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

NotWearingPants posted:

48 million for 4 years sounds way too high though... I look forward to seeing the actual numbers when they come out.

26 fully guaranteed is what i've read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NotWearingPants posted:

Worth it

He and Cox are too good together

• Locked thread