Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bored posted:

You don’t have to imagine what they look like on, friend! Some of the buyers took pictures wearing them and the picture are right there, at the top of the reviews section, if you are using the AliExpress app.

lordamercy I am browsing on a computer with a regular browser :prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lordamercy I am browsing on a computer with a regular browser :prepop:

That’s what I figured and just edited my post to reflect that. It’s just weird that the store hasn’t censored the pictures of semi-erect penises in their review section. I think some of the reviewers might even have pictures of themselves set as their profile pics.

Edit: yep, one dude has his own picture for his profile pic. He gave them only 3 stars and I guess complained in Russian. Maybe something about the hole for the balls being too tight? Also, those underpants have a second hole for the balls to hang out.

‘A different customer who actually managed to restrain himself from posting a picture of his cock’ posted:

very sexy underwear..my cock loves the freedom of these undies and my balls like dangling free

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 9, 2017

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Xun posted:

So if I buy something off alibaba/aliexpress, what are the odds that it'll be not as advertised? Specifically looking at synthetic gemstones so I'd rather not get some glass instead :argh:

Not sure about gemstones, but I’ve had quite a few items of silver jewellery from AliExpress. Been good quality and nothing has turned green or made my hand fall off. Yet.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought I remembered someone asking about Wish earlier in the thread but can't find the response. Is ordering from there legit? Its very clearly AliExpress types of stuff but I'm thinking the shipping times won't be as crazy. Anyone use them?

Have used it a few times. Same sort of shipping times, and they usually charge for it too, without giving you shipping options at checkout. However, on the app there’s a tab for things that have faster delivery.

It’s a good app for finding fun and cute presents. The range is a bit less random than AE.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

10 compasses for £2

I will never get lost again!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

spog posted:

10 compasses for £2

You can take the average bearing of all 10 compasses and get a more accurate reading than 1 £2 compass!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes get the shot where they're all pointing in different directions.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You can take the average bearing of all 10 compasses and get a more accurate reading than 1 £2 compass!

Loooolll

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spog posted:

10 compasses for £2

Does a nice Suunto cost more than 20£ tho?

e: Oh 2£ for all 10 pieces? That's insane.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 10, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Please tell us how many of them point right.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

But honestly if you have cub scouts or something the compasses are probably fine.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

But honestly if you have cub scouts or something the compasses are probably fine.

gently caress that at least 80% of my memory of cub scouts, from cub through weebalo to eagle, is following goddamned compass waypoints and bearings to some tree with a dog tag nailed to it over and over and over. You need accuracy for that poo poo, man.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

gently caress that at least 80% of my memory of cub scouts, from cub through weebalo to eagle, is following goddamned compass waypoints and bearings to some tree with a dog tag nailed to it over and over and over. You need accuracy for that poo poo, man.

how many ticks to the prostate

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
or, alternatively, "I was a cub scout... until I took a tick to the prostate"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

P hosed up that Huckabee's son was nailing dogs to trees

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Bored posted:

You don’t have to imagine what they look like on, friend! Some of the buyers took pictures wearing them completely uncensored, because of course they did. The pictures are right there at the top of the reviews section if you are using the AliExpress app.

I’m guessing you have to scroll down a bunch or go to another page if you are on a pc.

hey so this also applies to the women's lingerie.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/10/chinese-company-offers-single-people-a-lifetime-supply-of-alcohol-for-1275

Single goons; drink yourself to death in honour of 11.11.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Back in the late 90s 2000s id visit big cities like Beijing and these touts would follow us with cans of apparently real tea (like with the fancy printings and embossing and poo poo on it), but the local guides told us the tea inside was most likely discarded leaves used by restaurants/tea houses. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the next evolution in that scam was to price it MORE than the real thing to capture our hipster love of everything vintage

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

My mini block pokemon things came today (shipping says 20 - 41 days, arrived in 17 and i even had notices from the post office that my parcel would arrive the day before and then what should we do with the parcel if you're not home, which isnt usual for aus post unless you pay for it???)

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr....28c34eff3dsanj

I didnt get a LOT, i did get 8 different ones. Each was individually packaged and then all were then in 1 parcel
I was going to say all is well (they say no box, but then fold the box up neatly and ship it as well) but the chinese instructions are un-usable. There is no way to tell what blocks to use or where one block ends and another starts. So i've had to find instructions that make sense.

But so far, no missing pieces, in fact quite a few spares.

(And again i think i paid a few cents less than what they are now with the sale)

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

spog posted:

10 compasses for £2

If those are anything like the compass in my walking stick, they're absolutely worthless. 2 Completely different readings.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Back in the late 90s 2000s id visit big cities like Beijing and these touts would follow us with cans of apparently real tea (like with the fancy printings and embossing and poo poo on it), but the local guides told us the tea inside was most likely discarded leaves used by restaurants/tea houses. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the next evolution in that scam was to price it MORE than the real thing to capture our hipster love of everything vintage

I remember my biotechnology lecturer telling my class about how the cheap tea powder used in Asian coffeshops are literally swept off the floor of factories making the tea we buy in supermarkets.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

I remember my biotechnology lecturer telling my class about how the cheap tea powder used in Asian coffeshops are literally swept off the floor of factories making the tea we buy in supermarkets.

Sounds about right. Sweepings also get sold to you in the cheaper teabags via your local supermarket.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Not Ali but lol

Over There fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 10, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:furcry:No SPH! Do i ahve to do everything myself?!

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

:canada:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rep...rticle36883687/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Over There posted:

Not Ali but lol

That's amazing. "Giant 6.5 feet teddy bear!" And what is the cheapest way to make it technically measure 6.5 feet in some dimension? Why, use the regular two-foot-tall body and make the legs twice as long, of course :china:

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Anyone have a vendor who is decent for lego minifigs? Planning Xmas bonbons.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Good news! http://s.aliexpress.com/67nEz6V3

At least shipping is free?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

WebDog posted:

I've found that the quality varies from figure to figure more than from seller to seller. I've bought lego dudes from many different stores and sometimes (70% of the time) they're sharply printed and fit together well, sometimes (20%) they've got some fuzziness in the graphics or an arm is really tight at first or whatever but generally fine, and sometimes (10%) they've got an obvious flaw like a leg that doesn't fit on properly or a blob of misapplied paint. Since they're like 85 cents in bulk, I suggest just buying a bunch of extras and picking the best ones.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

goatface posted:

Please tell us how many of them point right.

However, they do need a tap and wait for 2 seconds to settle down before pointing in the right direction.

Fine for my use, not so good if you are running away from Will Teasle.

I use them when walking around a strange town. It saves me having to do the Google Maps Wander - 20 metres in one direction, then 20metres in the opposite direction, then 20metres at 45 degrees to the last one until your phone works out where north is.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That's good, to be honest. I don't need taxpayers subsidizing my dumb purchases.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Over There posted:

Not Ali but lol

lmao

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I clicked on a aliexpress link on my phone just now and my browser app wanted permission to start recording audio.

What the gently caress.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:china:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

I clicked on a aliexpress link on my phone just now and my browser app wanted permission to start recording audio.

What the gently caress.

Was it the thing where you scream into your phone to get a coupon?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Was it the thing where you scream into your phone to get a coupon?

Just to confirm this is a real thing and not a joke.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TLG James posted:

If those are anything like the compass in my walking stick, they're absolutely worthless. 2 Completely different readings.

Reminds me of the vendor who tried to sell Chinese-made precision thermometers and one dude pointed out all the sample units were showing a different temperature.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

That's probably a good thing, if only because it'll slow down my purchases of useless poo poo for idiots

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Just to confirm this is a real thing and not a joke.

Absolutely a real thing. I believe that it is part of their 11/11 promotion. I have not tried it.

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:

WebDog posted:

I've bought heaps from this store and not had any major issues https://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/1707009.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.37d1f6a4WbodGw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
I just ordered a bunch of clothes. Will I regret this?