Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Spain and Catalonia's power struggle – Madrid has taken control of Catalonia and announced new elections after secessionist Catalan MPs voted to establish an independent republic" After Salvador Dalí.

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Fortuny.

The i paper:

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
seriously those nature notes are all so poo poo

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Probably don't do a piece after the fascist Dali when talking about Catalan independence?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Trump's empty words on the prescription drugs crisis - David Simonds on how he condemned the problem without offering to solve it"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Robert Mueller probe into Trump-Russia collusion 'to release details of first indictment on Monday'

Sunday Times:

Yesterday's Stephen Collins:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the first 6 or so panels are the first time iv even chuckled at Collins in about 2 years.

then it becomes an overlong joke-explaining strip that is sort of twee and pointless as is his custom

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Westminster sexual harassment allegations – Theresa May insists she will take tough action after Tory minister admits getting female assistant to buy sex toys"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Catalan leaders facing rebellion charges 'flee to Belgium'

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain::respek::spooky:

Ghoul-dian:

"Martin Rowson on the Trump-Russia inquiry – The special investigation into Russian election meddling closed in dramatically on Donald Trump on Monday, as news broke that a former foreign policy adviser pleaded guilty to perjury over his contacts with Russians linked to the Kremlin and the president’s former campaign manager and another aide faced charges of money laundering"

Terror-graph:

In-de-pee'd-pants:

Budget: Hammond faces spending dilemma, says IFS

End Times:

Eviling Stand-arrgh:

Netflix cancels House of Cards amid Kevin Spacey allegations

Maul:
Mac on... Westminster 'sex pest' scandal

David Expires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump and George Papadopoulos – Donald Trump has tried to distance himself from a former foreign policy aide who pleaded guilty to perjury over his contacts with Russians during last year’s US election campaign"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Crackdown on fixed-odds betting terminals unveiled

Evening Standard:

Eight people killed in New York 'act of terror' after truck drives on to bike path

Mail:
Mac on... Westminster's growing sex scandal

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

gently caress off, Mac.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Those filthy women, wearing their 1950's cone bras to tempt our noble MPs?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on 100th anniversary of Balfour declaration – On 2 November 1917, the British government issued a statement announcing support for the establishment of a ‘national home for the Jewish people’ in Palestine" After Naji al-Ali.

Telegraph:

Michael Fallon quits as defence secretary, saying his behaviour has 'fallen short'

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Westminster sex scandal

Also, it's that time of the year again... :siren: :siren: The Ellwood Atfield Political Cartoon Awards 2017 vote! :siren: :siren: Just click the link and vote for your favourite cartoon of the ones submitted. There's a lot that weren't posted here, so check out the 'toons first!

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 2, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
gently caress off Mac.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A lot of bad cartoons in that selection. I feel like we've seen better. There's not even a Squires.

Of those, I think I actually like the Brookes the most.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

I'm just staring in disbelief at the two most recent Mac cartoons. I would not have expected a major newspaper to print this kind of vile poo poo in 2017, not even the Daily Mail.

Apparently, Mac hates women even more than foreigners?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Gimmick Account posted:

I'm just staring in disbelief at the two most recent Mac cartoons. I would not have expected a major newspaper to print this kind of vile poo poo in 2017, not even the Daily Mail.

Did you spot the hangman/noughts & crosses on the most recent one, indicating the male psychiatrist isn't even listening to the female 'patient'?

And the striking similarity to his Diane Abbott in all but skin colour/racist caricature face?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Guavanaut posted:

gently caress off Mac.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Gimmick Account posted:

The way he imparts such all-pervasive, casual disdain for everyone who isn't a straight white man is actually quite impressive, in a twisted way.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Gavin Williamson becoming new defence secretary – Theresa May has promoted Gavin Williamson, her chief whip, to the job of defence secretary to fill the role vacated after Sir Michael Fallon resigned"

Telegraph:

Who is Gavin Williamson and why does he keep a tarantula on his desk? (It's his pet, Cronus.)

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Westminster's spiralling sex scandal

'Go on, Doris. Why should Hollywood stars and MPs have all the fun?'

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
gently caress off Mac.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Seriously, gently caress off.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
My gran is the toriest tory that ever toried and a habitual mail reader and I think even she would be shocked by the most recent mac offerings

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Westminster scandals: a glimpse inside the sty – Chris Riddell on a grim week in parliament"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm Corbyn's Comet

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on misconduct in Westminster – The home secretary, Amber Rudd, has called for MPs guilty of harassment or abuse to face potential dismissal from parliament"

Telegraph:

Labour MP claims Theresa May failed to act on evidence of whips using sexual abuse information to 'demand loyalty from MPs'

Independent:

Gordon Brown says Pentagon misled UK over case for Iraq invasion

Times:

Evening Standard:

Revealed: Queen's private estate invested millions of pounds offshore; Bono used Malta-based firm to invest in Lithuanian shopping centre

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You Too; jesus christ

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Peter Schrank on the Paradise Papers – Britain has come under mounting pressure to launch a crackdown on tax avoidance and reform its network of offshore havens, amid international outrage at the activities of multinationals and billionaires revealed by the Paradise Papers" Also someone did an hour-long podcast interview with Martin Rowson.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson to call Iran in wake of comments about jailed Briton

Mail:
Mac on...the Paradise Papers

David Squires:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 7, 2017

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ok, Mac.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mac and whoever draws for the Torygraph (Blower?) singing from the same songsheet.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Priti Patel and Boris Johnson – Theresa May’s weakness as prime minister has allowed her most ambitious ministers to do their own thing"

Telegraph:

After The Beano.

Independent:

Priti Patel forced to resign over unofficial meetings with Israelis

Times:

Boris Johnson sorry if Zaghari-Ratcliffe remarks 'caused anxiety'

Evening Standard:

Strong and stable: Theresa May waxwork unveiled – in pictures

Mail:
Mac on... Prince Charles and the Paradise Papers

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Mr. Squishy posted:

Mac and whoever draws for the Torygraph (Blower?) singing from the same songsheet.

The royal family cannot fail. they can only be failed.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Conservative party sack race – Theresa May’s government has been rocked by a second cabinet resignation in a week after Priti Patel was forced to step down"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Sheep recognising human faces

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Donald Trump, Twitter and China – White House official says US president will not avoid favourite communication source during the 12-day east Asian tour"

Telegraph:

Penny Mordaunt replaces Priti Patel in May's cabinet

Independent:

Times:

Trump praises China and blames US for trade deficit

Evening Standard:

John Lewis Christmas ad 2017: watch the video of Moz the monster

Mail:
Mac on... Debbie McGee on Strictly Come Dancing

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

How about get hosed Mac you hateful old oval office.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I read it as a joke that the policeman and the barrister are both worried because they have been touching sheep in their spare time, a rare good Mac. Knowing Mac it's probably just minimizing sexual harassment though.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories' terrible week – Michel Barnier has set Britain a two-week deadline to clarify the financial commitments it is willing to honour, adding to Theresa May’s growing list of concerns"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Courbet. (It's a bit of a stretch...)

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

you've got a lot more to apologize to than john lewis, bob

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Guavanaut posted:

I read it as a joke that the policeman and the barrister are both worried because they have been touching sheep in their spare time, a rare good Mac. Knowing Mac it's probably just minimizing sexual harassment though.

The hook of the news article was "sheep recognize famous people" and it's not too much of a stretch to say that the 1st thing you associate famous people with at the moment is sexual harassment.

I'm very upset at this fuckable beetle.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What, Boris?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Wow, Collins is really roasting his own brand of inanities in comic form here.