Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

... :aaaaa: HOW DID I ONLY JUST NOW FIND OUT THAT BATIATUS WAS IN THOSE MOVIES AS THE DOPEY SIDEKICK

He's a delight in them, particularly the first one.

drat, now I want to watch The Mummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kevin Spacey went from "He did something dumb when he was drunk. Bad but no unforgivable." to "JESUS CHRIST HE'S A loving MONSTER!!" real fast.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think maybe it wouldn't have been so bad for him if he hadn't pulled the "I now choose to live as a proud gay man" bs.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think maybe it wouldn't have been so bad for him if he hadn't pulled the "I now choose to live as a proud gay man" bs.
I dunno. He's been groping people for decades now. That's going to end your career in this day in age with or without a really lame excuse.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Davros1 posted:

Mummy Returns is kind of bad but charming thanks to Sommers having his own charming style when it comes to his work.

However I can't stand Van Helsing. loving hate that movie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I like that Van Helsing's Dracula has what are essentially Power Rangers minions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was Dracula that makes me hate it. It's the kind of camp I do not like. Just too far over the line for me. It's like someone willingly did Tommy Wiseau but like, kept him on the same inhuman level he is in The Room.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Davros1 posted:

I always said the problem was making a "Mummy 2" instead of having Frasier, Weisz, and Hannah face off against a different monster.

That, and setting it ten years later and having Frasier and Weisz's characters have a kid.

Edit: Just announced, Christopher Plummer is reshooting all of Kevin Spacey's scenes in "All the Money in the World"

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/928434850381553665

Thats a rush schedule, wow

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ShawnRobare/status/928447899289219072

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LA Confidential is gonna be weird next time I rewatch it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd say Plummer is a net upgrade, even before the revelations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was Scott's first choice, according to articles. But that hack piece of garbage Tom Rothman wanted a bigger star. So there you go.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I watched Inside Man about a week ago, and Plummer was only in it for a few scenes, but christ that guy is a good actor.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Christopher Plummer is an amazing actor and a Canadian treasure.

gently caress, now I want to watch The Sound of Music.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Casimir Radon posted:

I dunno. He's been groping people for decades now. That's going to end your career in this day in age with or without a really lame excuse.

"It was locker room talk"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Skwirl posted:

They actually recorded all the dialog for the movie by having all the actors in the same room and acting it out.

That's more or less how they do most good voice acting, I think.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

I don't know if they did it quite like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDyYGBL0HKw

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Seeing a quasi-live action version kinda ruins the movie because it makes you realize that Johnny Depp is just doing his Johnny Depp thing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Casimir Radon posted:

I think the lame excuse is a big part of why so many people have come out about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

syscall girl posted:

LA Confidential is gonna be weird next time I rewatch it.

Baby Driver as well

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Mummy Returns is kind of bad but charming thanks to Sommers having his own charming style when it comes to his work.

However I can't stand Van Helsing. loving hate that movie.

I feel like a pariah for liking the third movie more than the second because the direct sequel is kinda weird and forgettable barring that one scene.
In comparison the third one retains a lot of the charm and banter from the first movie while acknowledging that time has passed and has affected the main characters somehow.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm sure I might have liked the third Mummy movie more had I given it a chance, but I was so disappointed with the second that I didn't. The most of it I've probably seen was when it was playing on some TVs in a Walmart.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All three brendan frasier mummy films were a treasure and I have no goddamn idea why they didnt just remake those for their expanded 1930s adventure universe.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just don't think Rob Cohen understood Rick O'Connell. He isn't a slapstick character, but yet his introduction is him trying to fish and getting the hook caught on various things including his face. And then him climbing a tree and falling down because wacky.

That ain't Rick.

Also the score is the worst I've ever heard.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

So did you think Robert Zombie meant to say that he slams Dracula from behind?

English isn't my first language and I didn't understand what he was saying so I just thought "cool beat, cool video".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Barudak posted:

All three brendan frasier mummy films were a treasure and I have no goddamn idea why they didnt just remake those for their expanded 1930s adventure universe.

The third one was so loving bad.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Oh look, another gross rear end creep in Hollywood. This time it's Louis C.K. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vincent posted:

English isn't my first language and I didn't understand what he was saying so I just thought "cool beat, cool video".

Fair enough!

I mean, the lyrics barely make any sense anyway so not a big loss.

edit
No real shocker about Luis, considering he's been associated with this poo poo before and also talked about doing it in his routine

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I think the real shocker is that Louis CK's publicist is named Lewis Kay.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

teagone posted:

Oh look, another gross rear end creep in Hollywood. This time it's Louis C.K. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html

The NY premiere of his creepy-as-gently caress sounding film just got canceled as well!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Glass has begun filming.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Glass has begun filming.

Is that an origin film about Sam Jackson's character in Unbreakable? Isn't it somehow tied to the split personality movie?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Glass production has been halted after numerous sexual assaults by the cast have come to light

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It’s a sequel to both Unbreakable and Split.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Production of the troubled Glass has resumed, with all actors being replaced by Christopher Plummer

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Davros1 posted:

It holds up surprisingly well. Some of the CG work looks dated as hell, but it doesn't detract from the movie.

It was stupid cheap on bluray around the time the Cruise movie was coming out and I grabbed it and the second one which I still haven't seen.

I'm glad Universal has seemingly pulled their head out of their rear end about this whole "Dark Universe" nonsense. I swear I don't understand how they manage to gently caress up a simple concept like "Modern take on Universal Monsters"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Inescapable Duck posted:

Archer has all the cast recording separately, they just have really good sound editing.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I remember liking the first two Mummy movies and really hating the third.

It's unfortunate because my local theater used to play short interviews with the stars of upcoming movies before the previews started. For the longest time they played an interview for Mummy III and they all sounded really excited to be working on the series again.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Rian Johnson will be making the next Star Wars trilogy after the current one ends, I guess they like the early cut of The Last Jedi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ALFbrot posted:

Glass production has been halted after numerous sexual assaults by the cast have come to light

"They called me Mr. rear end :pervert:"

• Locked thread