Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nanomashoes posted:

Death runners are not great mainline troops because of their low model count, they're better as supports, and even then regular longbeards trade pretty well with them. Warp lightning cannon + stormvermin is a shitload of investment vs the price of gyros, who can still easily dodge shots with their low model count. Throw a warplock engineer in there (when you really want lore of plague as your lore) and that's even more investment.

There are tools in the skaven army to deal with dwarfs but it's not a favored or even matchup.

You can bring a Warlock engineer with his Mortis Engine item and Howling Warpgale for like 600 gold. And you should in basically every matchup since Mortis effects are ridiculously good and Howling Warpgale shuts down any flying unit for a trivial amount of winds and lets you shoot them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I got a question with regards to road. Does the move range increase regional only or does it effect the whole province? If it effects the whole province does having multiple road buildings stack?

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 10, 2017

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
Did the hotfix not affect mods or something? All of my mods are still "up to date" which is super weird for a CA patch.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

QuintessenceX posted:

Did the hotfix not affect mods or something? All of my mods are still "up to date" which is super weird for a CA patch.

It didn't flag them as out-of-date, which is all it can do. It certainly affected mods that mess with the Chaos invasion script and such.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

QuintessenceX posted:

Considering the patch was aimed at only one small part of the game I am not too surprised that most mods would remain unaffected.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

pedro0930 posted:

I got a question with regards to road. Does the move range increase region only or does it effect the whole province? If it effects the whole province does having multiple road buildings stack?

Region only. No movement stacking possible.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Zore posted:

You can bring a Warlock engineer with his Mortis Engine item and Howling Warpgale for like 600 gold. And you should in basically every matchup since Mortis effects are ridiculously good and Howling Warpgale shuts down any flying unit for a trivial amount of winds and lets you shoot them down.

Yes and dawi are still not the ideal matchup for skaven.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Dwarfs are hard for Skaven to cope with outside of the flyer situation, but I'm hoping some Clan Skryre tech will fix it a bit in future. I'm holding out hoping that warplock jezzails aer added and become the Skaven signature unit that can poo poo on elite armour and flyers at the cost of vulnerability.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Gyrocopters are pretty much a hard counter to Skaven shenanigans, yeah. Any time your Warp Lightning Cannons are shooting at the flyers is time they're not shooting at the Dwarf mass, and that's not good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I mean, you probably shouldn't bring warp lightning cannons against dwarves. Doomwheels absolutely gently caress them up way better than any artillery piece can.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Zore posted:

I mean, you probably shouldn't bring warp lightning cannons against dwarves. Doomwheels absolutely gently caress them up way better than any artillery piece can.

I've had a lot of luck with entire stacks of buffed Clanrats with 2-4 doomwheels against Dwarves. Takes a lot of micromanagement and the fights can go long but it works. Bust through the front line with your doomwheels as your rats get close so they pack in better, sweep around on the flanks with extra units to engage the artillery and ranged while using your excess units to flank/rear attack the infantry while the doomwheels keep the strongest unit broken up and tossed all over the place. Very tedious and if you're on a higher difficulty you need a replenishment booster because you're going to have a severely damaged army afterwards.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If you are playing campaign my advice is to throw five stacks of rats at every dwarf army and walk away with one.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, the Gyrocopter versus Skaven thing is more of a multiplayer issue; the single-player Dwarf AI does not nearly make enough copters nor artillery in its compositions to counter the good old Skaven strategy of a billion warcrime artillery pieces destroying all their poo poo before they can get to melee.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Made another unit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1196693658

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Who has the best chariots now? Skaven?

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Doomwheel is super good, although I'd say Tiranic chariots are more useful against Skaven than the Doomwheel is against HElves.

torsoboy
Sep 9, 2001

lesbian armada overlord

Ze Pollack posted:

malus looks, slightly confused. "what? i just wanted to spend as little time on this loving boat as possible."

I'll admit, that is funny. I wonder if Gotrek and Felix would make it into the game somehow, and which faction they'd end up in.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I wish this game had that drop in MP for campaign that Shogun 2 had, but it was actually drop in co-op and it would supply me with endless timid bitches that i could tell: "roll aroudn the doomwheels plz U oval office"

edit: fixed gigantic error

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 10, 2017

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

torsoboy posted:

I'll admit, that is funny. I wonder if Gotrek and Felix would make it into the game somehow, and which faction they'd end up in.

I think they would make a good hero recruit or RoR for the Empire. I can't begin to imagine what they would do to be mechanically distinct, but those novels were definitely a guilty pleasure of mine so it's fun to think about.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

I think they would make a good hero recruit or RoR for the Empire. I can't begin to imagine what they would do to be mechanically distinct, but those novels were definitely a guilty pleasure of mine so it's fun to think about.

Make them legendary heroes, a la the green knight

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Make them legendary heroes, a la the green knight

I'm not familiar enough with WHF to know, but I suspect there are a enough characters like Gortec/Felix that aren't really appropriate as Legendary Lords but warrant inclusion that "Legendary Heroes" would become a thing.

Fake Edit: I'm reminded of a Lord of the Rings scenario for either AoW2 or HoMM3 that made Gollum an army leader, because the game had no mechanic for "lone guy that wanders around and fucks with opponents"

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Dongattack posted:

Who has the best chariots now? Skaven?

Dark Elves with Death Hags on the cauldron.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm not familiar enough with WHF to know, but I suspect there are a enough characters like Gortec/Felix that aren't really appropriate as Legendary Lords but warrant inclusion that "Legendary Heroes" would become a thing.

Fake Edit: I'm reminded of a Lord of the Rings scenario for either AoW2 or HoMM3 that made Gollum an army leader, because the game had no mechanic for "lone guy that wanders around and fucks with opponents"

I can't imagine there would be much difference between how Alastar is integrated and how unique heroes could be added.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I was thinking this morning how, if they implemented Dogs of Wars (hopefully), they made one of their things being a super diverse and large selection of RoR's. Gotrek and Felix could probably fit in there.

Also weren't Gotrek and Felix part of that initial DLC leak? Know that's pretty dismissed now-a-days, but it at least shows that CA has/had plans for them.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Man the wood elf start is hard now. I've been on one stack for 30 turns, the other elves won't trade with me, and between angry brets, multiple beastmen stacks with minos and centigors, and Clan Skryre I can't fight my way out of bret despite wiping out a full stack every other turn. And they poisoned my home region so I can't even support my full stack. It's actually a pretty challenging start.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Very nearly named this mod White Pride in honour of SFO.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1197058313

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Ack, when I play as the crowfather, the diplomacy screen shows me as the one-eyed moron.

Also, I can't believe they're not going to cash in on Thanquol any time soon. I was expecting him to be one of the DLCs.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Really would appreciate a diplomatic proposal cooldown. Turns out the price for sending an agent to explore the world and pick up trade agreements is having to refuse all the bullshit every end turn.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

sassassin posted:

Very nearly named this mod White Pride in honour of SFO.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1197058313

I've seen it said a few times in the thread that the SFO maker is a nazi, what did the guy do? I'm not up to date with my lovely game modders.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BillBear posted:

I've seen it said a few times in the thread that the SFO maker is a nazi, what did the guy do? I'm not up to date with my lovely game modders.

someone found his youtube account which had a bunch of fascist poo poo like videos about oswald mosely and yelling at muslims

that said i think he stepped down as mod maker

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Just fuckin google it dude. He's a literal nazi

edit: a nicer person beat me

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

peer posted:

Just fuckin google it dude. He's a literal nazi

edit: a nicer person beat me

In my defense, google doesn't exactly show anything apart from some unrelated drama on reddit.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
If I google "warhammer steel faith nazi" the post in this thread where a guy supplied screenshots is the fifth result. It should probably be in the OP to be honest (along with an explanation of the Pontus meme)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
But I don't want an explanation of the Pontus meme.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

QuintessenceX posted:

Out of date doesn't really mean anything anyway; it's mostly just an annoying flag that makes mod makers pretend to update their mods so that people stop whining.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

sassassin posted:

But I don't want an explanation of the Pontus meme.

You don't have to have an explanation of the Pontus meme

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That said I think the SFO nazi no longer works on it

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Vlex posted:

You don't have to have an explanation of the Pontus meme

Truth. It's pretty perfect and encapsulates the TW fanbase that loves their historical games in a very weird way, but can't bring themselves to embrace the awesomeness that is TW:Warhammer.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So I got the first game on sale recently and started playing it, not really gotten to grips with it yet in part because of a problem loading information. Basically all unit information panes are just black screens, like this, forever.

Similar thing happens with for example the tutorial videos section, the youtube interface shows up fine but if I hit play not only does nothing happen, but the whole pane stops responding to interactions (rest of the game works perfectly) and I just have to close it. And the opening cinematic to the game did some weird thing where it played audio on a black screen for 20 seconds until I started clicking poo poo and then it suddenly decided to show me the actual video as well.

Only found two results googling this and neither had any kind of help or suggestion except that it might be internet connection thing, so I made sure to double check my firewall was letting the game do its thing. No further idea of what to do. Everything else seems to work fine, the game plays great, I can browse other UI elements like Mannfred's own skills and stats or the tech/diplomacy/etc. But unit info won't show up. Any ideas on cause(s) here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
eh the encyclopedia is pretty useless, watching youtube videos will clue you in a lot faster than the in-game help.