Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Twitch posted:

If you're like me and you stopped giving a poo poo years ago, you drink Old Crow (which is also made by Beam).

I've heard Old Crow is surprisingly good for the cost.

My goal is to have a glass of Macallan 30 year just so I can say I have. I know of one restaurant in my area that has it, for over $100 a glass and only as part of a meal that costs almost $200 minimum by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

That's a great way to gently caress up your Lodge pre-seasoned cast iron skillet.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Decrepus posted:

That's a great way to gently caress up your Lodge pre-seasoned cast iron skillet.

You're not supposed to drink the bourbon out of the skillet.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Evan Williams hits the golden mean of price vs. quality.

This man speaks the truth. If only they didn't have that stupid cork top now though

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Count the mistakes.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Besesoth posted:

Count the mistakes.

1. Console isn't powered on
2. No video connection from console to TV
3. Two missed abortion appointments

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ads showing people playing games have almost never looked good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRWvfMLl4ho

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

1. Console isn't powered on
2. No video connection from console to TV
3. Two missed abortion appointments

You forgot:
4. Either game not in console, or duplicate version of same game.
5. 2 players simultaneously on a single player game.
6. Needs more cocaine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also

7. Mario is going left
8 (debatable). I'm not sure if the second controller is plugged in or if that port's being used by the Zapper on the table.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Evan Williams hits the golden mean of price vs. quality.

OGD bottled in bond at the low end and Weller 12 at the high end.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Besesoth posted:

Count the mistakes.

Nobody's eye line makes any sense, esp. the foreground kid

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
For bourbon Woodford Reserve. For scotch Oban.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Besesoth posted:

Someone new registers every day. :getin:
But does the alcoholism come first or second? Do we drink because of Something Awful, or do we post on Something Awful because we drink?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

chitoryu12 posted:

My goal is to have a glass of Macallan 30 year just so I can say I have. I know of one restaurant in my area that has it, for over $100 a glass and only as part of a meal that costs almost $200 minimum by itself.

I've had the Macallan 25. Back in about 2010 they did a national tasting tour. I signed up for a free seat. The event was 80-100 people in some event space set up kind of like a restaurant South of Market in SF. There was a round or two of canapés, and then The Macallan's head of marketing got up and did a 90 minutes slideshow. You know, history of the distillery, stuff about the next taste we were going to get, a surprising amount about sourcing barrels from Spain, that sort of thing. He even admitted that Highland Park had beat them on the 25s recently.

About every 15 minutes or so their troupe of waiters would burst out of the kitchen and give everybody a half-sized shot of something awesome. They started with the 12, brought out a 15 year fine oak, and things are hazy after that, but we did get a dram of the 25. It tasted like fire and happiness. Very, very, very smooth fire.

That's good marketing.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Tiggum posted:

But does the alcoholism come first or second? Do we drink because of Something Awful, or do we post on Something Awful because we drink?

Yes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MrYenko posted:

My favorites are the drugs for relatively benign conditions that also have horrific, life-altering side effects. Like Accutane, an oral acne medication:

I'll keep the loving pimples, thanks. :stonk:

Accutane is a life-saver, don't knock it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Black Rifle Coffee Company, which is in their own words “the world’s premium conservative coffee company” held Q & A on Reddit.

They got roasted.

They bought literally every ad spot on the site for the day.

They deleted their OP and a bunch of their delightful blog posts.

quote:

Well, now…almost 9 months later, the worst President in history is gone, Hillary is more than likely back to domineering Bill with ball gags and rolled up newspapers, while deleting more emails and Donald J. Trump is in fact well on his way to Making America Great Again. History was made with his election on multiple fronts. Trump immediately went to work to carry out the promises he made in making fundamental changes; something that recent past presidents failed to do. It does not seem that Trump is making the strategic decisions based off of the lobby or special interests, He is peeling back the layers of the rotten onion that has been the US Government for the past 8+ years…And making all sorts of people butt hurt in the process.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 08:13 on Nov 10, 2017

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I would not buy their coffee, and I disagree with their politics.

But is it a dumb marketing move considering they are sold out apparently?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

9/11 is where every single brain in the world broke irrevocably

this is from 2004

p.s. this was not a joke or a parody; these people were 100% sincere

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 13:24 on Nov 10, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pick posted:

Accutane is a life-saver, don't knock it.

I kind of want to know what kind of acne justifies that, though then again I probably really don't.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Twitch posted:

If you're like me and you stopped giving a poo poo years ago, you drink Old Crow (which is also made by Beam).

Old Crow, Best Crow.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Pastry of the Year posted:

9/11 is where every single brain in the world broke irrevocably

this is from 2004

p.s. this was not a joke or a parody; these people were 100% sincere

GI Love Vanilla is brilliant tho

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Inescapable Duck posted:

I kind of want to know what kind of acne justifies that, though then again I probably really don't.

I'm sure if you googled accutane before/after you'd see people who thought replacing their whole body with a reptile parasite was preferable to never looking human. It can be horrific and those people have my sympathy.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm sure if you googled accutane before/after you'd see people who thought replacing their whole body with a reptile parasite was preferable to never looking human. It can be horrific and those people have my sympathy.

Yeah, my life before was hell. I went through 6 pretty rough months, but knowing how good I feel and look now, I would easily have done 12 months with even harder side effects. Also, the side effects can be moderated pretty well by varying your dose. When I was just going to work daily and then coming home to sit on my rear end I turned it up, but when we were going on vacation or I knew I had some hard physical activity coming I took fewer pills per day.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

bongwizzard posted:

Old Crow, Best Crow.

The whiskey that crushed the Confederacy. We should all drink more of it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The whiskey that crushed the Confederacy. We should all drink more of it.

brb, daddy's going out for Victory Liquor

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

Most people saying this are people who used it as teens. Some people get lots of deep, and even painful acne when they are teenagers. Any potential pain from swollen sores on your face aside, it can be pretty difficult to deal with during a time in your life that looks are very important and you're trying to figure out dating/etc.

Teens generally aren't looking to get pregnant, rarely have any of the cholesterol issues that older adults can face, and generally it's just a safe, if kind of extreme way to quickly kill a massive, pus-weeping skin infection on your face - brought on by some people's hormonal changes during puberty.

edit - minor grammar.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Captain Monkey posted:

Most people saying this are people who used it as teens. Some people get lots of deep, and even painful acne when they are teenagers. Any potential pain from swollen sores on your face aside, it can be pretty difficult to deal with during a time in your life that looks are very important and you're trying to figure out dating/etc.

Teens generally aren't looking to get pregnant, rarely have any of the cholesterol issues that older adults can face, and generally it's just a safe, if kind of extreme way to quickly kill a massive, pus-weeping skin infection on your face - brought on by some people's hormonal changes during puberty.

edit - minor grammar.

My boyfriend did a course of it as a teenager and still has the smoothest, clearest, nicest skin I’ve ever seen 15 years later. And his face looked like a bright red mountain range before the Accutane.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel like people would have a literally healthier approach to medicine to treat medicines and drugs as tools, not miracles or escapes.

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.
The best drug reaction disclaimer I ever saw on a commercial was for a product that cured urinary incontinence but the side effect was diarrhea.

Thanks, doc.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

The best drug reaction disclaimer I ever saw on a commercial was for a product that cured urinary incontinence but the side effect was diarrhea.

Thanks, doc.
Edit: NVM I got incontinence mixed up with constipation :v:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

BioEnchanted posted:

Edit: NVM I got incontinence mixed up with constipation :v:

I'll take "things you dont want to hear your doctor say" for ten please.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
For ten? What kind of pissant Jeopardy are you playing?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Hey man, this economy's hit all of us.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Phanatic posted:

OGD bottled in bond at the low end and Weller 12 at the high end.

Thanks to this thread for introducing me to bottled-in-bond bourbon. I did a little reading, went out last night and got a bottle each of Evan Williams BiB and "High Rye Mashbill" Granddad. Both are excellent, packed with unique and distinctive flavors to compete with anything I've tried at any price. I paid $40 for the pair.

I guess it's a failure of marketing when you consider that these whiskeys are so delicious and yet so affordable, and virtually unknown except by fancy bartenders and hipsters people who take whiskey very seriously.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Besesoth posted:

Someone new registers every day. :getin:

uhhhh :smith:

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Raldikuk posted:

GI Love Vanilla is brilliant tho
I Hate the French Vanilla is not as inspired

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

I had horrible acne in my teens, cysts and all. It's honestly a loving nightmare. Dermatologist tried everything before Accutane: multiple topicals and antibiotics, the works. Nothing worked.

When they decided to try Accutane it almost entirely cleared up in a handful of months. Like from acne loving everywhere to a pimple or two, and it stayed gone after I discontinued the meds. Yeah they do blood tests every few weeks to double check your liver function when you're on it, and your skin is ridiculously photosensitive while you're taking it, but honestly it was life changing and 1000% worth it.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Why you posting a dick in this here skin disease thread