Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Condiv posted:

in the same vein "the general's not the time to try to change the party, the primary is!!"

later: "we have to support the incumbent or we'll lose! no change ever!"

even later: "the general's not the time to try to change the party, the primary is!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Crazies: OMG Corruption!
Me, a reasonable person: What happened friend?
Crazies: They put STICKERS on a TABLE! THEY ARE CORRUP!
Me, a reasonable perosn: Yes, these stickers aren't great. But even though the DNC should not be involved, they are allowed to be. Who put them there, do we know it was the DNC?
Crazies: CENTRIST!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nevvy Z posted:

Crazies: CENTRIST!

It's really really funny that a certain subset of this forum finds this to be the ultimate insult.

It's almost like calling a white person racist, they just freak the gently caress out.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

WampaLord posted:

It's really really funny that a certain subset of this forum finds this to be the ultimate insult.

I agree, but I'm pretty sure it's the people who constantly use it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"institutional advantages have no effect on the outcome of the primary, they're so worthless you crazy people, just totally useless, btw it's our right as an institution to go all in to make sure our guy wins!"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 10, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
"We don't know who put the stickers on the table, but it's definitely corruption from the people we are assuming did it!"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

WampaLord posted:

It's almost like calling a white person racist, they just freak the gently caress out.

yeah it's p hilarious how it causes centrists like nevvy to melt down

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm sure if Republican campaign literature showed up at government buildings in red states during the election, you'd be all "well we don't know for sure the RNC put them there, so no big deal let's not change anything about this situation"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

"We don't know who put the stickers on the table, but it's definitely corruption from the people we are assuming did it!"

what's this dumb stickers on the table argument?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

what's this dumb stickers on the table argument?

Read USPOL condiv.

VitalSigns posted:

I'm sure if Republican campaign literature showed up at government buildings in red states during the election, you'd be all "well we don't know for sure the RNC put them there, so no big deal let's not change anything about this situation"

Not really the same situation. But if you started saying the RNC did it I'd ask you for evidence.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 10, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Well there is a much better term, but it gets one a six hour probation.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nevvy Z posted:

I agree, but I'm pretty sure it's the people who constantly use it.

*finishes a rant depicting his opponents as crazy retards*

"Actually, I'm calm and cool about all this, I think it's actually you that is upset"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

It's 'cause centrists base their entire political identity on being the good guys on the liberal moral high ground, so when leftists show up and point out all the odious poo poo that centrists support and demand better policies, they go into full defense mode because that strikes directly at the core of their identity.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nevvy Z posted:

Read USPOL condiv.

Not really the same situation. But if you started saying the RNC did it I'd ask you for evidence.

Who cares, it shouldn't be there. Party events during an election should be neutral too. If you really believe institutional support and advantage mean nothing then there's no reason not to agree since it's useless anyway.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

Read USPOL condiv.

i've read enough to know that i'd have to read jefferson clay posts, and they're not worth it

seems like something dumb as usual from him though. you should probably avoid taking up his idiocy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i wonder why centrists feel the need to defend joe manchin, a man whose family is currently making epipens unaffordably expensive. do they just hate people with allergies?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

i've read enough to know that i'd have to read jefferson clay posts, and they're not worth it

seems like something dumb as usual from him though. you should probably avoid taking up his idiocy

He's right about this. :shrug:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

i wonder why centrists feel the need to defend joe manchin, a man whose family is currently making epipens unaffordably expensive. do they just hate people with allergies?

I just feel this needs to be reposted. Why anyone would back a monsterous drug profiteer like Manchin is beyond me. Oh hey that word we are not supposed to say could even be word filtered to be interchangeable with centrist.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 10, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

He's right about this. :shrug:

Doubtful. Rigging primaries is bad and you and he seem to be arguing that rigging a primary for scum like manchin is instead very good and that's hilariously dumb

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

It's 'cause the dem establishment is so garbage at both politics and having a spine that they've convinced themselves that both states and people are somehow unchanging in their politics so that you can't persuade people to vote for you and instead have to run some horrible ghoul that caters to the worst in people in red states. I think it's some sort of coping mechanism to let them live with their political incompetence and cowardice.

That this strategy doesn't work goes without saying, just like it goes without saying that the establishment doesn't really care.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

Doubtful. Rigging primaries is bad and you and he seem to be arguing that rigging a primary for scum like manchin is instead very good and that's hilariously dumb

No, I'm arguing that only the dnc has an even theoretical obligation to stay out of the primary and that there's no evidence they were behind the stickers being touted as proof of their corruption.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nevvy Z posted:

No, I'm arguing that only the dnc has an even theoretical obligation to stay out of the primary and that there's no evidence they were behind the stickers being touted as proof of their corruption.

Pattern recognition is such a basic feature of our species that it's amazing to see people without the ability to learn from patterns of the past.

How can you see all this news coming out about how the DNC did all this unfair poo poo and then go "Oh, but here, they're totally innocent, we have no idea who might have done it! Hell, maybe the leftists are the one leaving pro-Manchin stickers! WE JUST DON'T KNOW!"

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Cerebral Bore posted:

That this strategy doesn't work goes without saying, just like it goes without saying that the establishment doesn't really care.

Well, in Manchin's case at least it does work, since he's the incumbent. The argument there becomes whether it's worth the opportunity loss and the long-term damage to the party's brand to continue to support and court pols like Manchin, even in areas where a better candidate supposedly can't win.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

aka, it's ok to rig their own primaries. dunno why you're asking who set out the stickers at a wv democrats dinner, or trying to cast paula swearengin as a liar

guess you love shitstain manchin that much huh?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

maybe you think manchin's gonna work with the gop to lower your taxes nevvy? http://wvmetronews.com/2017/11/08/248491/

quote:

U.S. Senator Joe Manchin is one of the Democrats in Washington who might be on board with the GOP tax reform package if there are some adjustments made. Manchin added, in an appearance on MetroNews Talkline Wednesday, he’s not the only one.

“I’ve got Democrats I know that will vote for a 25 percent rate and territorial,” said Manchin., “For 25 percent, we have 15 plus (Democrats) who would support that.”

Manchin was part of a meeting at the Library of Congress this week with White House officials talking about the package. President Donald Trump called Manchin and 11 other Democratic lawmakers Tuesday in an attempt to lure them to support the measure.

hmm what a great guy manchin is. his daughter keeps lifesaving meds out of the hands of people who need them, and he gives her corporation a nice tax cut

Condiv fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 10, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

aka, it's ok to rig their own primaries. dunno why you're asking who set out the stickers at a wv democrats dinner, or trying to cast paula swearengin as a liar

guess you love shitstain manchin that much huh?

Lol you can't read.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

Lol you can't read.

why do you think paula swearengin is a liar, but think joe manchin, trump lover and corporate tax slasher, is the best?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

quote:

When they started stripmining, I can remember my grandfather saying that he'd bag groceries before he'd blow up mountains. He said it was wrong, and he was a coal miner for 45 years. It's all he ever did.

In 2000 my grandpa died and my grandmother started getting sick, so I decided to take my boys back to West Virginia. I noticed things weren't right. A little girl next door had a rare form of bone cancer. There was a little boy, 14, dying of kidney failure. One day I was a working single mom, and the next day I was standing on mountains screaming at people.

I am a coal miner's daughter. I am a coal miner's granddaughter. But I am also a mother, and there's no way you can justify poisoning my children. My children have just as much right to a future, and just as much right to enjoy these mountains and the beauty of these mountains, as I did. And I will fight to my death for that. Watch out, King Coal, because here come the Queens of Appalachia. (Interviewed May 28, 2012)

nevvy z: the dnc should have an only theoretical obligation not to lock this person out of the primaries in lieu of a sessions voting, drug price increasing, corporate tax slashing "democrat"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

why do you think paula swearengin is a liar, but think joe manchin, trump lover and corporate tax slasher, is the best?

Look at your continued lack of reading comprehension. :allears:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

Look at your continued lack of reading comprehension. :allears:

it's implicit in your argument nevvy. you say there's no proof, but the allegation was made by swearengin herself. ie, you think she's lying

it's p sad how you feel the need to defend manchin. do you think the gop tax plan will lower your taxes?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

it's implicit in your argument nevvy. you say there's no proof, but the allegation was made by swearengin herself. ie, you think she's lying

No. No it isn't.

Saying someone may be wrong is not the same thing as calling them a liar you poo poo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nevvy, if you think the DNC didn't put the stickers there who do you think possibly could have?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

No. No it isn't.

Saying someone may be wrong is not the same thing as calling them a liar you poo poo
i think paula swearengin might have some idea about what she's talking about, but apparently you don't think so. it's p sexist if you ask me

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Lol. Living up to the thread title at least. :glomp:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Falstaff posted:

Well, in Manchin's case at least it does work, since he's the incumbent. The argument there becomes whether it's worth the opportunity loss and the long-term damage to the party's brand to continue to support and court pols like Manchin, even in areas where a better candidate supposedly can't win.

Having one guy to show for it isn't exactly what I'd call success, especially not regarding how the Blue Dogs got wiped back in the day.

Nevvy Z posted:

Lol. Living up to the thread title at least. :glomp:

Nah, you also post elsewhere.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

WampaLord posted:

Nevvy, if you think the DNC didn't put the stickers there who do you think possibly could have?

love how he dodged this

too bad you're letting sexism blind you nevvy

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Like it certainly wasn’t the DNC because they have no involvement here at all. It might have been the WV Democratic Party, it might have been the WV Federation of Democratic Women, it might have been the Manchin campaign.
How can we ever have a fair election with all these biased establishment stickers at fundraisers? I really hope we can get to the bottom of this sticker scandal!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

WampaLord posted:

i mean, paula says exactly who was doing what, but apparently she's just some crazy lady according to nevvy and his sexist friends, so they have to pretend she has no idea what she's talking about

https://twitter.com/paulajean2018/status/928450821997629440

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
all those establishment stickers crushing the revolution just make me want to puke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Where can I️ go for interesting and honest discussion about the leftist-liberal divide

• Locked thread